SWaT Walking Group - February Walk

Options

Replies

• viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I did 2 miles today. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Well stuck in the house yet another day. Windchill was -16 this morning. The furnace is running nonstop. It gets so dry in here if I comb my hair, it stands straight out like I rubbed a balloon on it!...lol.

I decided to do one mile of one of my WATP DVDs to warm up, then switched to WII and did the Free Run for 30 minutes. I wanted to see if I could jog for 30 min straight. I did it! That last 5 min. was really hard but I was suprised how I've built my stamina up. So my total for today was 5.5 miles.

Alice - Ive got lots of suit out for the birds right now. Bird seed prices are so high this past year that I stopped feeding them. Last winter I had a beautiful male pheasant coming and if I didn't have his food out there he would squalk by my front door until I fed him. That was really cool.

Terry - I have to laugh. You seem so excited to eat your brown rice pasta. Don't you wish we all got excited about the simple things in life? I get excited to have my one little sweet treat in the evening. Have you had a chance to try the Sweet Potato Fries?

Have a great evening Everyone!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have been ill. Today I felt well enough to go for my jog! It felt great to be outside again.

Movin right along on my way to 35 miles!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group SJC! :flowerforyou:

Teresa, great job on the detox. I'm going to have to check it out. Especially after today. And I guess since I haven't logged into the Walk across America so far this month that I'm out too. lol I kind of just forgot about it until I get those messages fussing at me or telling me that somebody passed me. lol

Marie & Alice, I don't think I could take the cold for that long a stretch. I bet those birds go through the seeds. I used 10 lbs in just the few days we had snow on the ground here last month.

I'm just going to forget that today happened and start all over tomorrow. I thought I had my husband properly trained to forget the birthday cake but I caved and ate some anyway. Couldn't resist his little puppy dog eyes and they had birthday cupcakes at work. I really do feel yucky now but tomorrow is another day. I'm really going to have to do some walking this weekend to make up for today.

Stay warm all you folks in the cold. We might get a whole inch of snow tonight but it will be gone by lunchtime if we do.
  • sandara
    Options
    Marie, way to go on the jogging. I've been wondering if I could now. Maybe I'll have to go try out the treadmill soon just to see if I can.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Midweek check-in...

Hello, Everyone. Great to see everyone off to a "running" start on their February goals. I've bumped my goal from 50 to 55. I had it set for 55 in January, but lowered it because there were three less days in February. However, i found myself using the Sansone five mile tapes to make my January goal, and now I'm using them more often, so no reason I can't make the 55 for February! Thanks, everyone, for the motivation and support.

Alice, congrats on your Packers winning the Super Bowl. Since the Steelers beat the AZ Cardinals in their Super Bowl, I had to root for Green Bay on principle. :bigsmile:

Happy Birthday, Sandy. No worries on the cupcakes/cake; you've been so consistent in your workouts, an indulge should be okay. :flowerforyou:

Tracy, enjoy your stay in Arizona. We are back to the sunshine and warm weather (high 60s and low 70s in the forecast for the next few weeks!). Today was the first day I didn't wear a jacket or sweater. Ahhhhhhh. But as Teresa notes, soon we in AZ and FL will be complaining about the heat. :glasses:

Teresa, what detox program/system are you following? Congrats on making it through the days! :drinker:

Keep Walking!

exercise.png
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! :flowerforyou:

Well, Its still early So I might walk later, right now Im feeling sick "Head cold" taking off from work today. :sick:

Marie!!! WOW!!! 30 minutes of jogging , OMG!!! Thats awesome. YOU burned a heck of alot of calories on that.
    I haven't tried the sweet potato fries YET, since I just came off this detox today. BUT It will definetly be in the very near future.

AZ chatter!!! DETOX!!!! FORGET IT!!!!! I heard about it on the DR.OZ show. Yeah I felt Healthier eating the food, BUT That hasn't stopped my desire to eat SWEET's like I was hoping it would. I just have to have self control, NOT to buy the junk stuff in the house, Which I' Haven't been doing anyway. And the sweets I'm allowing myself aren't going to be trigger food for me to gorge.
    My sugar tooth of choice / Sprouted Raisin bread , No sugar Added Hot Chocolate / Low Fat honey Graham crackers & Fig Newtons, Oh and italian ices If I eat anything different , please call me out on it!!!!!!!!! ;-))))

Sandy!! Happy Belated Birthday ;-)))

Okay! Time to start my Day.. Everyone Have a wonderful DAY!!!!!
  • jerzger
    Options
    Morning!

Since posting last, I've walked 2 more times with 2 miles each day, so I'm up to 8 miles, with many to go. I'm going to try for 2 more miles today, take a rest day tomorrow, and then on Saturday I'll be on a 6 mile hike, so Saturday will give me a much needed boost.

Next week I'd like to focus on picking up the pace a bit, so I either shorten my walking time, or increase the mileage. I'll have to see how it goes. Either way should help.

Have a great day, and just keep on walking. :smile:
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Well ended up not walking yesterday, but we did get the topper back on the truck. and worked on the shed for a while (you know it needs cleaned out when it is an obstacle to get past the door).
    but made up for it this morning. got 5 miles in.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~Power Walk/Strong Walk/Alice Walk/Weights 72 minutes 4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4 miles/ 4 with Leslie and a weight workout.
    Wednesday~4 miles coffee with Leslie and the weights
    Thursday~ 84 minutes lost track of time 5 miles and weights.

:flowerforyou: Happy Belated Birthday Sandara:flowerforyou:

My birds are a source of constant delight, they more than earn their seeds. I have Chickadees that land on my hands when I fill the feeders. I watched my Grandaughter the other day under the big feeder trying to get the birds used to her so she could have the same experience. They flew all around her but no one landed. She was still trilled that they were that close and she could hear their little wings flutter. I found a little stunned bird the other day and brought him in to warm up and then put him on the back porch, and finally up in a grapevine wreath on our shed. I put him in the wreath and he flew back to my hand. I put him in the wreath and went to get the camera, as he was so cute. When I came out he flew to a tree and then flew back and landed on my head. I took him down and put him back in the wreath and took his pics. Wish someone else had been handy to see him and take his pic on my head. I put my hand up and he stepped on chattered at me and flew away.

I know his interest in me was probably that I was warm in a cold world, but the gift of his trust is one of the small blessings that fill my days.

Onward and upward, Alice

Feb wk 2/ 17.5
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sandy--I am so sorry I missed your birthday!
    gbirthday154.gif
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm still here! Just not as much time to be online now that I am back at work.

I have also stopped logging at the Walk Across America site--I haven't gotten any messages from them, though!

I've been trying to get in at least 1 mile before work and yesterday I did 2! I walk an average of 4 miles every day at work, too, and that will go up as my hours increase and the season gets busier.

I am struggling to stay away from the snacks--I really seem to go for them when I am tired!

Alice, even though they really don't need it here, I started feeding the birds in my yard. The baby and the cat can see the feeder very well from the sliding doors and they love the show! (I do, too!)

Have a wonderful day, all!
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I want to join!!! - I do nothing but leslie sansone videos at this point (try for 2-3 miles per day). I know it is the middle of the month so I will set my goal at 45 miles for the rest of the month. Thanks MarieS14 for bring this group to my attention!!! - I will have to figure out at home tonight how to add an exercise ticker!!! - thanks and look forward to "walking with you all!!!"
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week? Today I was up early and out the door for my WALK!! I walked 3.5 miles today. What a wonderful and beautiful way to start my day!!! It was gorgeous this morning in Florida. The sun was coming up but, it was still cool (in the 70's) and kind of breezy!!!! However, I did not like all of the morning traffic. Everyone was on there way to work!!

After I got home and let my dogs out I made a nice breakfast, relaxed a bit and than did my 30 DAY SHRED!!!! I love Jillian and hate her at the same time!!! LMAO :laugh: I know my legs and arms will be killing me tomorrow!

Received great news from my doctor....he said the my Red Blood platlettes are almost 100% normal!!! Thank God, he had me so scared!!! Still getting lots of headaches and occasional dizziness but, I think it's related to my head injury. And now where they took the staples out I'm starting to get a lump on my head???!!!! :frown: Hopefully that will go away soon!!

Marie, I am so proud of you for jogging!!!!! That is awesome and amazing! You must feel great!?!?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SANDY!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
    Sabrina
    :bigsmile:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome Danette!!!

So happy and excited that you are joining this group!!! This is my first month with this group and everyone is so wonderful!!! Let's get WALKING!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Hi Danette Glad you joined us :flowerforyou:

Alice --- That was such a beautiful story

I'm not feeling to good "sick' but I pushed through it and did a 3.88 mile walk . I wish I had stayed home in bed.:sick:

Sabrina! I'm so thrilled about your red blood platelets results. What a relief!!!!!

Okay Im done for today!!! Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Another day down - this goal is gonna be too easy by the time March gets here!!
  • MCS64
    Options
    I want to join!!! - I do nothing but leslie sansone videos at this point (try for 2-3 miles per day). I know it is the middle of the month so I will set my goal at 45 miles for the rest of the month. Thanks MarieS14 for bring this group to my attention!!! - I will have to figure out at home tonight how to add an exercise ticker!!! - thanks and look forward to "walking with you all!!!"

Danette - So happy you decided to join us!! WELCOME!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MCS64
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: SANDY THIS IS THE WHOLE GROUP OF US SINGING THE BIRTHDAY SONG TO YOU:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (Its the only smily that really worked...lol.)

I got a couple miles in today with weights and dumb bells. Lacking energy today don't know why.

So this jogging I did was in place, not on the treadmill. 30 minutes on WII only told me I burned 171 calories!! Can you believe that? I have jogged intervals on the treadmill and its alot more tiring. ALOT. I can only do 3-4 min. at a time.

Sabrina - Great news from the Dr. Im relieved too. You can relax now ok.

Alice! - That really was a beautiful story. I made me think how grumpy I've been cooped up inside. Maybe I will go get a bag a bird seed after all.

Sandy - I did a search today on Maintenance. There is a group of people out there feeling the same way we are. Same questions too. Interesting to read just type in search box "Maintenance Thread"

I spent the afternoon doing my Taxes for the 2nd time. First time was on Taxslayer today was Turbotax. Decided doing taxes is fattening!!! I was getting worked up so I kept munching on stuff! Im done now! Also....sorry im alittle chatty (sugar buzz it think) I figured out why I was getting mystery bruises. I thought I was lacking something in my diet. Im actually beating myself up when I workout! Im either hitting my legs with the weights or smacking my nuckles on the bar on the treadmill. :tongue:

Time to make supper. Im making taco shells out of wonton wrappers. I seen it on Hungry Girl today.

Have a good night everyone!!!
  • sandara
    Options
    Wow! Everyone is walking today! That's great!

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes, pictures and song! :flowerforyou: And I am happy to admit that at 49 I am smaller than I have ever been as an adult. Why didn't I do this sooner! :bigsmile:

Welcome Danette! Always glad to see new faces.

Alice, Awesome bird story and I have to agree about the entertainment. My 2 kitties will sit and watch them as long as there is food in the feeder. Sometimes in the summer we'll have a squirrel or chipmunk come up on the porch and it drives the kitties crazy. But at least it keeps them from getting into mischief. One of mine is a little troublemaker, always getting into something! lol

Marie, I'll check out the maintenance thread. I'm really interested in seeing how everyone is doing it. And I still haven't gotten up the nerve to tackle my taxes. :noway: I'm skeered to!

Kathy, I wish I had a job where I moved around a bit. It sounds like your getting in plenty of exercise at work.

I did the 2 mile walk strong today and a little time with the weights. I went to the doctor today and found out that my iron is low again so I'll be having another iron infusion next Friday. Yay! At least now I don't feel like such a whiner for complaining about being tired all the time. Maybe this will boost me up enough to get off a few more lbs.

We did get our one inch of snow this morning and lots of sunshine and no jackets this afternoon. Crazy weather we're having this year. I'm looking forward to spring and I know you snowbound folks are too.

Everybody have a great Friday! Go legs go!