SWaT Walking Group - February Walk

Options

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~Power Walk/Strong Walk/Alice Walk/Weights 72 minutes 4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4 miles/ 4 with Leslie and a weight workout.
    Wednesday~4 miles coffee with Leslie and the weights
    Thursday~ 84 minutes lost track of time 5 miles and weights.
    Friday~54 minutes 3.5 miles with weights.
    Saturday~weights and 1 mile.
    1.5 mile just walking
    Sunday~Nada~ Nada~ Nada.

Garden Expo all day Sat. Lots of walking, lots of talking 4 classes, and home to watch the GKDS
    while their folks went to a local theater for a comedy act. Late night, late morning, made it to church, outstanding sermon!
    Company when I got home, just had brunch at 4:00 ( so bad ). Time to finish my chores and I think and call it a day, I do not sit still well. Sitting and talking is more tiring I believe than a full days work. Officially a day of rest! Back on track in the morning.

Alice

• Lesliet05
    Options
    Sandy it took me all day to get that 5 miles, I did them in 1/2 mile sections. Just totally drained, we will see what tomorrow brings, just might stay in bed
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello Walkers!!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!!!??? Today I walked past Brooks Cove, The Hamptons and along side "THE WYLAND REEF WALL" which I just love!!! :heart: It reminds me of when I scuba dive!!! :happy: Another great reason to get me in shape!!!! Walked to Rock Island and back!!!! A total of 4 MILES!!!!!

It sounds like everyone is doing well with their walking and exercise routines!!!!! :drinker: Lets make it a great week!!!!!

Happy Walking!!
    Sabrina
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    It was a beautiful weekend and I'm sad to see it go. Seems like they go by so fast and *poof* it's Monday again.

Did a weights workout yesterday with a 1/2 mile warm up and today, I did 4 miles between the elliptical and the treadmill. I haven't lost a lot of weight since adding my strength, but I've gone down a size in my jeans and I've lost inches (although I don't know how many cause I'm too lazy to measure).

We're celebrating Valentine's Day today and we had a very yummy grilled swordfish with a warm fennel, orange, red onion and oregano salad. Not flavors I'd usually put together but saw the recipe and thought we'd give it a try. Very yummy :love: and low calorie. Of course, the hubby got a desert too so am glad I had a good cardio workout today to help offset the cals.

Happy early Valentine's Day to you all. May cupid be kind and the hubby's and significant others believe in pretty, shiny, sparkly things :bigsmile:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Walkers :happy:

I didn't get out until 3 PM to get my walk in. The weather was beautiful! 70 degree's windy, sunny & clear skies. I walked to the beach & back Home, A total of 4.22 miles, It took 1 hour and 26 minutes.
    I hate getting out that late to exercise, But I had to Clean an office first UGH:grumble:

I hope you all have a great week, sure wish the weekend wasn't over :ohwell:

Have A happy Monday everyone :flowerforyou:
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Walkers.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has fun plans for Valentine's Day. It's also Arizona's birthday, so as a single and unattached gal, I'll celebrate that! :laugh: ! My personal goal this week is to stay away from Valentine's chocolate -- think will power! :grumble:

Sandy, great news on the test results from your doctor; your hard work is paying off. :flowerforyou:

Jeanette, I love Leslie Sansone, too. This is the one program I've been able to stick with, especially on those days where you just don't feel like working out you tell yourself you can do the 20 minute one mile (which usually turns into thinking what's ten extra minutes and doing the two mile, and so on and so on). :bigsmile:

Make it a great week, everyone.

exercise.png
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    :heart: Happy Valentines Day!:heart:

Feb 14
    Monday-LS Walk Away the Pounds 3mile+weights
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    agvalentinesday6.gif
    (OK, she's dancing, not walking but she's still getting some miles in!)

I only walked around the grocery store on Saturday but I had planned on that being my rest day, anyway.

Yesterday, though, was sunny, even though more pouring rain was predicted, so I took the baby for a 4 mile walk around the neighborhood. Kept up a pretty good pace and also met a few other babies. Everyone was taking advantage of the unexpected sunshine!

Also spent part of the weekend going through my clothes and sorting out the things that are too big, Have a bag to donate now.

Raining again today so will get some walking done inside.
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! MFP FRIENDS :heart:

pmjsmom --- Funny! I also have a bag of old clothes Im donating too :bigsmile: . It's still sitting by my front door.

I Just walked 2.35 miles today, 45 minutes :grumble: . I like to get at least 1 hr in, but I wasn't feeling it today.

Need to get ready for work, Hopefully You all have a Wonderful Week!!!!
  • izzys1mom
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I know I am jumping in a little late in the game, but I just received my Leslie DVD on Saturday!! I am so excited, I tried the 1 mile last night and again this morning. I love it! I am a single mother as well as owning my own business so it is way to easy to come up with excuses not to exercise. So far my daughter (4) is having fun exercising with mommy. Since I am starting in the middle of the month my goal will be 20 miles (2 down 18 to go) Can anyone tell me how to add a ticker for my miles??

Thanks
    Kimberly
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Arizona! How special to have a birthday on Valentine's Day!

Welcome to Izzy! Go to www.tickerfactory.com and make your ticker. Then copy & paste the code that says for BBoard into your signature. There's another site too but I can't remember the name right now. You'll see it mentioned on some of the other's tickers.

I'm taking the day off just because I want to! :laugh:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day!

Feb 14
    LS hip and Thigh plus a Power mile 3 miles Amazing what you can accomplish when you're home alone on VTD.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Feb 14
    LS hip and Thigh plus a Power mile 3 miles
    Tuesday~LS Buns and Thighs/weights Power Walk 4 miles
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Happy belated birthday AZ! Hope you painted the town red in celebration of you! :flowerforyou:

I did 4 miles yesterday with the 4 Fast and Firm Miles dvd. I was supposed to go to the gym yesterday to do a strength workout, but just couldn't get back out the door once I got home and ate dinner. I've got 3 miles to do at "lunch" today with the girls and then I'll try to sneak in a strength workout tonight - hopefully the workout gods will be on my side and I'll be able to get that done, plus some of the packing for my trip later this week! I love travelling, but the prep work to get there is a killer!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Fellow Walkers :flowerforyou:

I Just walked 6.49 miles it took 2 hours and 11 minutes :bigsmile: . It was another Gorgeous day 69 degrees & sunny!!!

I Have the day off :drinker:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo! Beautiful day here today so I did my walking outside at lunch. I'm glad I left some walking shoes at work. I did about 2.5 miles around the neighborhood but I'm only counting 2 to be sure I don't overestimate. Maybe I'll get in another outside walk tomorrow!

Hump day tomorrow everyone! I hope you have a good one! :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Feb 14 Weight 176
    1.5 miles Alicewalk/weights

Happy Hump Day1

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    Good idea Sandy! Maybe I'll be able to walk outside at lunch tomorrow at work. If it's sunny that would be heaven!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Feb 14 Weight 176
    1.5 miles Alicewalk/weights
    Wednesday~4 miles no weights

Happy Hump Day!

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I've been getting in 2 miles before work this week.

I'll be getting some strength training today as a good-sized shipment of plants and shrubs should be there when I get to work.

Have a great day!