Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have a question for everyone-

I know that eating clean is removing processed foods from your diet, eating leann protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats but I would like to learn more and get a better understanding of nutrition in general. I have seen several of you talking about eating clean and I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for a book/books that would be helpful and any tips on where to start. THANKS!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been kind of MIA lately. Been devoting time elsewhere - but many of you that I have as friends on MFP have likely seen all my updates. Just don't really have the motivation to post on the thread more than once a day... I'll try to respond to a few right now but it won't be too long. Just long enough to ice my foot...

Just got home from a 3.28mi run - ran at a good pace (9:45) but my foot was KILLING me the entire time :ohwell: Maybe I just wanted to finish - who knows! I think I'll be hitting up a walk-in clinic tomorrow just to be safe. There's a very slight chance it could be a stress fracture, so I want to be extra careful. Icing now. Will be using heat before runs and before bed as well from now on.

Also did a short strength work-out. Just 18 mins... Was not feeling it at all. Two cycles of Nerdfitness and that's it. Making my cauliflower recipe for the cooking challenege (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173211-cooking-challenge-cauliflower?) this week in an hour or so. And then just taking it easy for the night. Spent last night with Ty lounging and watching Survivor (my biggest guilty pleasure :blushing: ) and still struggling to get my calories in... Yea, it's a bullsh*t problem for someone who just lost 65lbs. I know! And I'm sure y'all don't want to hear about it :tongue:

Megan - Check out this magazine/website - http://www.cleaneatingmag.com - for some info on eating clean. As they say, "In every way, clean eating is all about consuming whole food in its most natural state, or as close to it as possible." Basically just breaking down your diet to the essentials and eating that which occurs most naturally in our environment. A lot of the processing that goes into making "fast" food these days (vs. "slow" food and raw food) is really just sh*tty for our bodies and is totally unnecessary. Trying to cut down, use minimal ingredients, and get back to basics is how I would describe eating clean. Not sure how others would define it - Hope you get a few more responses b/c I'm eager to hear. :happy:

Guam - I am LOVING yoga these days! It's such a fabulous challenge and my body shakes the entire class :bigsmile: What sort of yoga is available on "demand"? Is it power yoga or hatha yoga or what? Just curious - we don't have any of that stuff haha But I'd definitely recommend a YogaFit type class with constant movement and a cardio-component. I am really enjoying it! And cannot believe what a great workout it is :happy:

Jess - What Gonks said - Logging keeps us accountable to ourselves. Figure out the reasons behind your lull in logging and find the time to do it - no excuses. You owe it to yourself to take the time for you. Good luck with C25K and getting back into the groove with your hubby. You'll find it again - sometimes stress and life just has a way of making us all a little hard to deal with :ohwell:

Meredith - Happy belated :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: As for sweet cravings... I really have no clue. Fruit is my go-to. Fruit, yogurt and either a few nuts or some healthy granola. It's dessert-y and sweet, but not too filling or high-cal. Either that or a little chocolate. Perhaps a 2min microwave choc cake (yeaaa I know - totally *not* healthy) or just some dark chocolate squares. Herbal tea, like apple cinnamon or peppermint, can help to stave off cravings when I know they are just emotional. A good long walk or workout is also always a good option, and then if you're still craving afterwards at least you have the added calories to use. Good luck!!

Kan - Apples and cinnamon! Yum! :happy: I mix it together with my dry oats, then add water, then nuke - Fabulous! Had it this AM for breakfast, actually. So good! Any kind of apple works, really. I used to use splenda in mine as well but eventually just cut it out. You'll get used to the oats without sweetener after a little while - just takes some getting used to. I really enjoy golden delicious, gala or fuji apples with my oats. Not sure about other kinds though. Nectarines, pears and other hearty fruits are great too. Mix it up :happy:

OK I'm done icing now and hitting the showers. Hope you all have a good day... I am going to struggle to find some more positive in my day - apart from the warmer weather - and to get out of my funk! This week has just been a total b*tch :grumble: Things better start looking up!
    Meag :heart:
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I hope everyone is doing good today. My day has started off good. Shoveling the driveway to get out. We got 6 inches of snow last night...YAYA!!!! And just found out I have some fam coming into town, so I get to see them for a little while in between my jobs!

Tara- I am 5'3 too!! So yay! Also when I was reading your post to Bethany...you live in Vegas?? I was born there and I go there all of the time to visit my family...I now live in Salt Lake City, UT.

Bethany- I lived in LA for 4 years....I definitely miss it and visit a few times a year.

Kandace- Great job on sticking to going to your meetings. You are definitely making sure your priorities are straight and thats great! You go girl!

jbars- You can do it! This next week will be better. TOM STINKS! And I usually do horrible, I just try not to beat myself up about it.

Rachel- I hope you still are having a great day! Way to go with getting ahead/caught up on the laundry to allow for son time and gym time!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, Mini update for now since my coworker was being a total biotch and mentioned my non-work Internet usage. Grr I hate this place sometimes. I am the damn receptionist with a degree, but they don’t give me any real projects to half of my day is wasted away anyways, WTF. When I get back from Hawaii I am going to look for a real job that isn’t some contract BS where they treat me like *kitten*.

Track workout was cancelled yesterday because of the storm. I guess we are paying for all that sunshine we got for the last few weeks. I made it to the gym and did a 40 minute run workout but got bummed about my music. **note to self make awesome playlist STAT! I need to go back and look at the previous QOTD posts I did where I aked you guys your favorite workout music. I tried doing a mix from a podcast but got super bored and then tried to find stuff on my i-pod to workout to. I still got a good workout in and felt great.

**boyfriend update alert**

I casually mentioned where we want to be in 5 years, he said he wants us to have a house. Then I said so married? He responded with yes, don’t worry. He also mentioned that he had talked about it to a friend of ours this Saturday, so I feel relieved. I was totally messing with my own head and making stuff into what it is not.

I woke up this morning at 4:45 and swam from 5:15-6:20, not bad! I finished my whole workout and felt great. It was also before the storm got too bad thankfully. Tomorrow we have a run scheduled and it might have to be in the gym again. It is only 40 minutes again so it should be mellow. We have some pretty big workouts this weekend so I am ready to work it out.

This guy was checking out my *kitten* at the gym last night and it made me smile hehe. Feeling good today other than b!tch cakes being rude this morning. Hope everyone is having a good day.

QOTD- What do you like the most about the rain?

AS much as I don’t like the rain I do love the way it sounds when I am going to sleep to it. So comforting.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!~! Its bedtime yet agin for me but I wanted to share todays daily reflections with you all becasue It really meant alot to me when I heard it at my meeting tonight. I hope everyone has a great Friday!~!~!

Daily Reflections Feb 17th...
    "It was the changes I saw in the new people who came into the Fellowship that helped me lose my fear, and change my negative attitude to a positive one. I could see the love in their eyes and I was impressed by how much their “One Day at a Time” sobriety meant to them. They had looked squarely at Step Two and came to believe that a power greater than themselves was restoring them to sanity. That gave me faith in the Fellowship, and hope that it could work for me too. I found that God was a loving God, not that punishing God I feared before coming to A.A. I also found that He had been with me during all those times I had been in trouble before I came to A.A. I know today that He was the one who led me to A.A. and that I am a miracle."
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Aly - I'm glad to hear that you talked with your bf and you're feeling better... It's possible that your re-occurring relationship stresses are really just a manifestation of issues you might be having personally, either with self-confidence, self-worth, control and independence or something else. I know you mentioned a few threads back that you were seeing someone to work out your feelings and try to better understand yourself - Maybe you should go back to that and figure out why you go through phases of deep concern regarding your relationship when things are otherwise unchanged? I don't mean to be critical at all - it just seems that things with your boyfriend are going really well and I'd hate for you to compromise that or push him away if the difficulties are really stemming from somewhere else entirely. I definitely just want to see you happy :happy:

I know that lately my own stresses about food, fitness, and controlling my body and myself have been really freaking me out and making me irritable, and it definitely concerns me that I could end up pushing Tyler away inadvertently by making him feel unappreciated or trying too hard to control everything in our lives together (which I admit to doing sometime - especially when it comes to where and what we eat). He works really hard at making things "work" with us, given how differently we see/approach some things, and I make sure to always acknowledge that and work at appreciating it openly so that he knows that I am working towards being less controlling and more open to what is important to him. It's a struggle! But I know that I want this relationship to work, and so I am doing what I can and making sure that I am as self-aware as possible. Talking it out with someone else might help you on this front :smile:

AFM - Made myself a really flavourful tofu scramble for lunch/snack today and served it up with fresh pico de gallo. Tasted great! Here's the link to my recipe (w/ pic) if you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173211-cooking-challenge-cauliflower?page=1#posts-2340392

Going to just relax and take it easy tonight. No plans yet. Maybe I'll pick up a book and just veg around with my foot up... :ohwell: Sigh! I suppose I should be a little more productive but I am not feeling very motivated right now at all.
    Tomorrow should be better - Rest day and a CHEAT DAY! Yep - that's right. I'm TOTALLY cheating and going to be over my cals for sure. The folks are taking Ty and I out for dinner and I plan on just ordering whatever I feel like eating (within reason - I'll try not to eat myself into a coma). Very excited indeed :bigsmile:

Have a great Thursday night everyone :heart:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Melissa-awesome run again!! and what a great pace...especially since you walked for the 1st and last 5!! WTG!

Meredith-Happy Belated Birthday! and as far as the sweet tooth cravings (I struggle with this too!), I recommend the new dessert gums (mint chocolate chip ice cream and strawberry shortcake) or any sweet gums for that matter!! if this doesn't work...I can always go for weight watchers ice cream bars or skinny cow ice creams!!

jbars-way to get back on track with the logging!! I agree with Gonks...it is VERY important to log no matter what :)

Rachel-glad that your day is better...sounds like a great one too!

Bethany-too bad bout the Vegas trip...but keep me posted! I may be headed out to Long Beach (but possibly Monterey instead), the 2nd week in March, but I waiting to see if MY boy gets approved time off too!! LOL I will keep you posted if we end up in long beach though :) Do you know what the channel is called or listed under on satellite for the workouts?? Sorry you didn't get to talk to your boy last night...I didn't either :( And don't stress about your WI....we still have almost 2 weeks left, and I am sure next weeks will be better :)

Meag-sorry you are going through a "rough patch" right now. Just take it easy....have no guilt about relaxing on occassion, enjoy your "cheat" day tomorrow, and get that foot better!! after all is said and done, I am sure that you will be feeling a lot better mentally and physically!

shelsab-you got it!! I have been in Vegas for almost 8 years now and I LOVE it!! I also really enjoy Utah's beautiful scenery, but I def do NOT miss the snow!! (I was born and raised in Wisconsin!)

QOTD-living in the desert now, I realize that I miss the rain so much!! I love how it makes everything green, I love the smell of the clean air afterwards, I love the sound of it at night, and I love thunderstorms altogethor!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    wanted to post one of my fave dessert recipes...

Pistachio Jello Salad

1 box pistachio jello (sugar free if you can find it)
    1 can of crushed pineapple
    1 tub fat free cool whip
    1 large container of fat free cottage cheese

mix it all togethor
    put in fridge for at least an hour to chill

makes 7 cups....1 cup serving is 214 calories (with regular jello) so quite a bit less with sugar free :)

i love it and it is filling, takes care of the sweet tooth, and has a ton of protein :)
  • KanCrav
    Options
    What the #@$% !~!~!~!~ AHHHHHHH....

I had the best week I thought I could have. made it to the gym three times (which is my goal) AND its not even the weekend yet... AND I actually did my core workouts on schedule and didnt miss any, I freakin did more than I needed!~! I started learning different freakin strength exercises so I can start a regiment on monday... and what do I get out of it>>>>???

Im a freaking fatty fat fat fat. 164.5 !~!~!~! Really? seriously? 2.5 pounds gained????? in one week?????

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

ok, i cant start my day off irretionally. The thought of missing my AA counselor and BP test already crossed my mind since I want to sit and wallow in my sadness. But I cant do that. I am trying to grow up here. So instead of freakin out and ruining my date night day, I just gotta figure out what I did wrong and change it next week. I did eat lots of carbs this week. So I will really watch that next week. I tell myself I only want to eat them twice a day, but I lie to myslef and I eat them ALWAYS. So I have to watch it. NO MAS!~!

I hope eveyones friday starts out better than mine. CHEERIO!~!~! (idk where that came from, disregard) ... :)
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Kan- Keep your head up. You will get there and you are fighting a lot of battles both mentally and physically right now. Keep pushing ahead and you will accomplish your goals! I know it!!
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Holy *kitten* Batman I just ran 2 miles!!!!

That's right- read it and weep ladies I totally rocked my W5D3 of C25K workout which means I have successfully jogged for 2 miles without stopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pumped right now it's not even funny. The last .5 mile was hard but thanks to Carrie Underwood and Undo It which I listened to three times in a row I was able to power through. The other thing that helped, I used my towel to cover up the treadmill once I got to my speed and just ran. Then I occassionally checked my HRM purely for time purposes. I knew that I did around a 5 minute warm up and at my 5 mph pace I would need to run for 24 minutes to hit my 2 miles. When I first looked at my watch it said 11 minutes, i.e. I had only been running for 6 minutes or about .5 miles. And instead of saying to myself well this sucks, I said look at that already 1/4 of the way done!

Then I peeked again around 20 minutes and knew I had 9 minutes to go, which meant less then 1 mile left. Cue Carrie Underwood on my iPod. Felt pumped up and ready to go so I played her song again. I could really feel how hard the run was now so I tried her one more time and the song totally delivered on keeping me pumped up and motivated to finish. The other thing- I was so close why give up now.

So before I knew it I had run 2 miles in 24 minutes without stopping and wanted to tell everyone in the entire gym! YEAH!

So now that I know I can do it its just a matter of repeating. I am resting tomorrow and then I will do some sort of run again on Sunday. I'm on cloud nine.

WHOOP!

Megan
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi I'm Nicola, 25 from Doncaster, UK. I'll be joining in from 1st March if that's ok with everyone?

Only joined MFP about a week and a half ago, but I seem to be doing ok sticking to my calories and have worked more exercise into my daily life (taking the stairs more often etc).

Trying to drink enough water is doing my head in though! Thankfully I've found some different fruit flavoured squash which only adds between 2 and 4 calories so I usually have one of those with my lunch.

Good luck with the rest of Feb everyone and I'll see you in March!
  • brittfam
    Options
    I just stumbled on this group and i REALLY would love to start this in March :)
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the belated birthday wishes :smile:

@Megan: Way to go!! Jogging 2 miles without stopping is freakin AWESOME! Way to rock it :flowerforyou:

@Kan: I agree with what Megan said - you are fighting a lot of battles right now, and I really don't want you to get discouraged because of what that evil scale says. It WILL start to move in the right direction! Don't miss your AA counselor or your BP test on account of this - those things are good for you, and the last thing that you should be taking this out on is yourself. A gain is a set back, especially when you feel like you've been doing everything right. BUT just remember that making it to the gym and sticking with your workouts has more benefits than weight loss. It makes you healthier and stronger and gives you MORE energy with which to face life. The weightloss WILL happen, but it's really secondary to those other things. I also want to say that the reflection you posted was very powerful - and it shows how strong you are. Feel better!!

@Meag: Enjoy your cheat day!! It's always a struggle balancing the amount of control you want to have over your life and the amount of influence you let other people have. It seems like you and your boy both work really hard to make things "work" - and it's good that you have someone that you want to make that effort for, and someone who wants to make that effort for you. Hope your night was relaxing and that your foot feels better. Vegging with a book sounds like heaven!

AFM: Yesterday I finished W1 of C25K! Knew that curse was all in my head :happy: I enjoy exploring the residential areas that are away from campus when I do this program. Yesterday I found a school and a childcare center. It's kind of funny that I didn't even know they existed. My WI today was my first loss in February! I think I gained something like 4 lbs this month (yikes!) so this 1 lb loss is at once gratifying, but it also only puts a dent in the damage I did with the Superbowl, Birthday, Vday, etc... Hopefully more dents to come next week! Sorry I couldn't get around to replying to more of you. Off to yoga in a half-hour (class was cancelled on Wednesday :grumble: so I want this one to be a good one!) then have a date with the elliptical after.

Happy Friday,
    Meredith
  • KanCrav
    Options
    ~brittfam & NicNac86..... Welcome to our little corner of MFP!~!~! This is the best thing that has every happend to my health goals. I just joined in January and I already consider these guys as BFFs!~!~! Alot of the women here are VERY inteligent and experienced with weightloss and healthy living. I take their advice whenever I can. We are also all very close and share a lot of things about our daily lives (becuase EVERYTHING matters when it comes to a healthy life.) Take some advice though and don't wait til March to try to jump in, DO IT NOW!~! We talk about so much that this thread moves VERY fast and some times its hard to keep up..lol but its lots and lots of fun! I hope to see you both soon.

~Megan... CONGRATS congrats congrats!~!~!~! your awesome!~!! Did you know that for women in the army the goal for them to run is 2 miles in 20 min? (They HAVE to be able to run this or have a medical excuse for it) Your almost there and you just started out!~!~! If I were you I would be jumping out of my skin! You should be very proud of all your hard work. (thanks for the boost of confidence)

AFM... I did gain 2.5 pounds so I dont know whats wrong with me. But I am not going to jump off the wagon completly. I just need to change some things I think. We will see, I will eat more veggies and stuff and drink more water. IDK. Tonight is my anniversary date night with the hubby. I have tons of calories left over since I only had a giant salad for lunch so I am not relaly worried about it, well I dont want tobe a fatty, you you guys understand. 10 days sober so I should be proud of that.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I finally made it to the 160s!! I weighed myself this morning and saw 169.6!! That is 5 pounds since January!! I haven't seen 169 something for at least 6 months! I think the cleanse I did really helped. I also kicked *kitten* working out this week! I isn't stopping there, I am going to the gym tonight for a 40 minute tempo run, and then I have a weekend full of workouts!

Kancrav- These things happen, just learn from it and move on. You are not a number and your happiness is more than a number you already said that. Focus on the non scale things you did this week and try to do your best next week. I have seen the scale jump up 5 pounds when I thought I was doing everything good. Weight fluctuates, especially in females. Just make sure you check out what you did this week. Maybe print out your log and go over it and compare it to other weeks and see what works for you. Keep your head up girly you are doing great in so many ways, weight is just a small fraction of your success on this road.

Ill be back when I can post some more bye ladies!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KanCrav
    Options
    Thanks Aly and Meredith. Its awesome to have so much support... everyone here rocks!~!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Nicola & Britt - Feel free to jump in RIGHT NOW if you want! No time better than the present. Here's the latest itteration of our goals list (I amended mine since my race this weekend isn't happening - apparently there is no race?). Copy, paste, add your goals to the bottom and get started! Why wait? :flowerforyou:
    mpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
    megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
    jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
    seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
    roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
    emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
    lil_vic22: Lose 9 lbs
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 143 lbs and cut down eating out to 1x a week
    mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
    jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
    ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
    Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
    LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
    lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
    kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
    Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
    marymoni- Get to 135lbs and improve endurance to 10km.
    Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
    nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
    noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
    wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
    crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
    Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
    Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
    KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!
    kvr414- 12+cups water/day, Intense cardio 3x/week, Limit carb consumption post 5PM, Lose 3 lbs.
    lizzymaez--lose at least 4 more pounds of the 8 pounds I have left to go. Be healthy and workout 3 times a week. Continue taking vitamins every day.
    Stuartme123: JanSW = 155. Check-in with this thread 3-4x/week, 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Conintue with 100 push-up challenge and C25K, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    slindsey137- Be down to 162 by the end of the month to keep my goal weight on track, do 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY, track all of my food everyday!
    KatySteele- lose 10 lbs by March 1st!!! Make it to the gym at least five days per week. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
    shelsab: lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.
    tjradd73-lose 6lbs, at least 80ozs of water/day, 3X arms/week, 3X abs/week, burn at least 1000 calories per week!
    odettelh - walk for 30 minutes without feeling tired, watch my food intake, get into a solid workout routine and make sure my diet is healthy
    amgant- My goals for February are to Exercise everyday, even if it is only 30 min on an treadmill and get under 180.
    finncmh- See a loss on the scale. 4 days a week lifting. Cardio: by the end of the month be running between 1.5 and 2.0 miles straight. Continue to refine my eating. Really focus on finding a nice daily yoga routine for myself.
    spellbinder25 - (1) Workout regularly, as much as I can, (2) Eat healthy. (Mental note: I AM NOT GOING BACK TO WHERE I STARTED!!), (3) Come up with a strength training plan for March onwards.
    BFab24-lose 5lbs to get down to 185, non-scale goals: workout 4-5 days per week (at least 2 in the gym), eat healthy snacks at work, and to move into a new place :)
    Happybunnysbabe57- My Goals on scale- lose 7lbs (or more) My Goals off scale- Workout 4 to 5 days a week, cook more healthy food options, and drink more water.
    SeeCrystal - Lose 15lbs, increase workouts, eat at home more often and take a lunch to work - no cheating!
    sweetmelissa22-to get to 33lbs lost total, and to go to the gym at least 3 times per week!
    echoicmemories (Jess)-commit to gym workouts 3x/wk with training days in between, down 5lbs and 2" total hips and waist, elliptical resistance to 10, and hold 2 planks for a min each
    hilhall822- get to 220 lbs by the end of the month- drink lost of water EVERY day!

Kan - I want to re-itterate what everyone else is saying. We alllll have gains, even during super healthy weeks. Our bodies do weird things and we gain. As I said in the past, even while I was steadily losing for months, I gained weight once every 3/4 weeks. It happens. Fluctuations with our weight are inevitable and it doesn't mean those lbs are going to stick around. Stay with your plan, make sure you are being accountable to yourself, and stay on track. You'll see progress. Remember that this isn't about instant gratification - If you find that you are lacking in motivation to keep up with it, set non-scale goals that you can reach every week and use those for momentum. The weight loss will come but you can't force it. Your body is going to do it own thing. Be happy this weekend that you are taking steps in the right direction for your own health! :happy:

Megan - WOOOOOOTTTT!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: Girl, running 2 miles STRAIGHT is no small feat. I still struggle some days with running 2 miles without a walk break, so you are rocking it! Way to go! You'll be at 5K in no time :glasses: Such a cool cat :heart: all the runners being born in this thread...

Meredith - Great loss - Keep at it! Jealous of your yoga practice today. Really enjoy it and challenge yourself. I am finding that when I push myself outside of my comfort zone with my yoga practice I get a LOT out of it. Including a great workout!

Aly - Great loss, lady! :bigsmile: Enjoy your tempo tonight and keep working hard towards your goals. Hawaii is just around the corner *jealous*

AFM - Freaking horrible night's sleep last night... My hips, legs and foot were SO uncomfortable. I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep for anything. It was my first Thurs not working since Aug so that was a bit strange, as well... I ended up spending the night online trying to find a job and a GP. Lots of work ahead of me on both those fronts today, plus some chores. No work out planned. Rest day and hoping to rest my foot a bit. Applying heat and just taking it easy. Am aiming to do a slow 4miles with Tyler tomorrow if I feel up for it but I may decide against it if my foot is still hurting.

Weighed-in today at 125.9lbs, which is well within my maintenance range and pretty sweet accomplishment for me. I definitely did not want to be losing any more... Monday I weighed-in at 125.2lbs and that is definitely getting dangerously low for me. Today's my "cheat" day (new thing for me - trying to be more flexible) and I am actually not stressed about it. We're going out for dinner and I'm going to just try and enjoy it, without thinking about how unhealthy everything is :smile:

I guess that's it for me. Hope you all have a great Friday. Thank goodness it's the weekend! :heart:
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    OK here goes!
    mpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
    megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
    jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
    seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
    roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
    emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
    mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
    jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
    ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
    Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
    LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
    lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
    kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
    Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
    Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
    nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
    noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
    wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
    crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
    Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
    Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
    KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!
    kvr414- 12+cups water/day, Intense cardio 3x/week, Limit carb consumption post 5PM, Lose 3 lbs.
    lizzymaez--lose at least 4 more pounds of the 8 pounds I have left to go. Be healthy and workout 3 times a week. Continue taking vitamins every day.
    Stuartme123: JanSW = 155. Check-in with this thread 3-4x/week, 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Conintue with 100 push-up challenge and C25K, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    slindsey137- Be down to 162 by the end of the month to keep my goal weight on track, do 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY, track all of my food everyday!
    KatySteele- lose 10 lbs by March 1st!!! Make it to the gym at least five days per week. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
    shelsab: lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.
    tjradd73-lose 6lbs, at least 80ozs of water/day, 3X arms/week, 3X abs/week, burn at least 1000 calories per week!
    odettelh - walk for 30 minutes without feeling tired, watch my food intake, get into a solid workout routine and make sure my diet is healthy
    amgant- My goals for February are to Exercise everyday, even if it is only 30 min on an treadmill and get under 180.
    finncmh- See a loss on the scale. 4 days a week lifting. Cardio: by the end of the month be running between 1.5 and 2.0 miles straight. Continue to refine my eating. Really focus on finding a nice daily yoga routine for myself.
    spellbinder25 - (1) Workout regularly, as much as I can, (2) Eat healthy. (Mental note: I AM NOT GOING BACK TO WHERE I STARTED!!), (3) Come up with a strength training plan for March onwards.
    BFab24-lose 5lbs to get down to 185, non-scale goals: workout 4-5 days per week (at least 2 in the gym), eat healthy snacks at work, and to move into a new place :)
    Happybunnysbabe57- My Goals on scale- lose 7lbs (or more) My Goals off scale- Workout 4 to 5 days a week, cook more healthy food options, and drink more water.
    SeeCrystal - Lose 15lbs, increase workouts, eat at home more often and take a lunch to work - no cheating!
    sweetmelissa22-to get to 33lbs lost total, and to go to the gym at least 3 times per week!
    echoicmemories (Jess)-commit to gym workouts 3x/wk with training days in between, down 5lbs and 2" total hips and waist, elliptical resistance to 10, and hold 2 planks for a min each
    hilhall822- get to 220 lbs by the end of the month- drink lost of water EVERY day!
    NicNac86 - Drink at least 8 cups of water a day, lose at least 1lb a week, try to increase the amount of exercise I'm doing, even if it's only Wii tennis lol
  • meagalayne
    Options
    OK here goes!
    NicNac86 - Drink at least 8 cups of water a day, lose at least 1lb a week, try to increase the amount of exercise I'm doing, even if it's only Wii tennis lol
    Looks great, Nicola! Welcome to the group :flowerforyou: Keep us updated on how you are doing whenever you feel like it! Can't wait to hear about your progress or anything else you feel like posting. It's like a little family here, so feel free to discuss whatever you want.