Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    mpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
    megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
    jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
    seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
    roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
    emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
    lil_vic22: Lose 9 lbs
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 143 lbs and cut down eating out to 1x a week
    mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
    jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), race 15km on Feb 19th in UNDER 1:43:00, curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
    ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
    Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
    LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
    lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
    kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
    Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
    marymoni- Get to 135lbs and improve endurance to 10km.
    Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
    nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
    noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
    wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
    crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
    Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
    Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
    KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!
    kvr414- 12+cups water/day, Intense cardio 3x/week, Limit carb consumption post 5PM, Lose 3 lbs.
    lizzymaez--lose at least 4 more pounds of the 8 pounds I have left to go. Be healthy and workout 3 times a week. Continue taking vitamins every day.
    Stuartme123: JanSW = 155. Check-in with this thread 3-4x/week, 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Conintue with 100 push-up challenge and C25K, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    To LOLAHIPPIE: at home exercise = jillian michaels 30 day shred - all you need are 3-5lbs weights and maybe a mat!!

i probably read your mind because last night (before i saw your message), i went to target to get some stuff, i bought a scale and the 30-day shred DVD!!! haha! i am so excited to try it. perfect cos i recently got a mat and 5-lb weights! : ))) thanks!!!
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    mpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
    megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
    jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
    seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
    roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
    emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
    mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
    jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), race 15km on Feb 19th in UNDER 1:43:00, curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
    ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
    Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
    LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
    lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
    kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
    Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
    Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
    nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
    noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
    wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
    crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
    Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
    Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
    KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!
    kvr414- 12+cups water/day, Intense cardio 3x/week, Limit carb consumption post 5PM, Lose 3 lbs.
    lizzymaez--lose at least 4 more pounds of the 8 pounds I have left to go. Be healthy and workout 3 times a week. Continue taking vitamins every day.
    Stuartme123: JanSW = 155. Check-in with this thread 3-4x/week, 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Conintue with 100 push-up challenge and C25K, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    slindsey137- Be down to 162 by the end of the month to keep my goal weight on track, do 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY, track all of my food everyday!

Hi all, I love a challenge! Even when I dont meet it, just trying keeps me motivated! Good luck to everyone.
    (I put my goals in the quote;p)
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Melissa - I will send the recipe asap. Hope your girls aren't expecting anything super-sweet though! But knowing them, they will love these! Chocolate-y and delicious :bigsmile:

Just took them out of the oven and letting them cool. My oldest helped make them and was "geeked" that she got to have some because it has protein powder in it...she always gets made when I make the GM's after running-she wants some, don't know why I never let her...MINE ALL MINE!!!!:devil: they smell pretty good though...
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    This morning I tried something new for breakfast (taking a break from eggs & toast) had some rolled oats with berries and greek yogurt. I was hesitant to dump the yogurt into my tasty oats but I really try and have protein at breakfast.. SOOO GOOD! And easier to eat really, you know how sometimes when you're eating oats you get to the end and it's just so sticky and "hearty" you don't know if you can finish? This is definitely a new fave for me..

there are a few of us on here that will swear by rolled oats...it is definitely a go to breakfast that fills you up and is ever so tasty!! Try playing around with some other fruits-my go to are berries, apples, and pears...add a little cinnamon and the yogurt on the top when it comes out of the microwave and...M-M-M!!! Thanks to Meag (yet again) for another yummy recipe!!!!

Melissa
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread does go fast! Lots of great advice and support going on :)

Today I'm feeling good - my breakfast is less than stellar today, but I'm excited for my quinoa salad leftover from last night and my yummy snacks. (On track with my Feb goals - that's two homemade lunches this week!) I also completed the last day of Week 5 in C25k last night - my first 20 minute run in years! I think I'm still on a runner's high from yesterday. Feelin' pretty good about this week so far.
    So I did my interval training this morning .25 walking .25 jogging. I even uped the sped on a couple of the intervals to really push myself. It felt really good! I am considering jumping to week 5 or week 6 of C25K to help with my intervals. Their fday 1 and day 2 of those weeks have some good intervals that I think I should try out. So that will be my plan for friday!

I second Meag here - I started developing something I thought was a running injury in week 4 (I'm watching it carefully)- so as you move a long the schedule they have in place is definitely challenging as it is! But I suppose if you do one and jump back to the week you're on, that might work for you too. Either way, I recommend LOTS of stretching before and after, and more walking if your schedule allows it.
    It's crazy to hear about everyone elses wild weather! Usually here in Alberta I'm the one who's status is "major snowfall!" but the sky seems to be falling everywhere! We've had record snow falls here this winter, which is really saying something since it's like perma-winter around here..

Here here - The rest of North America is covered in snow, it seems! Usually it's us in MN complaining about the snow. Of course, we've already had a record breaking year for snowfall. Not so motivating for walking to the gym.
    Can you send me your brownie recipe again??? PLEEZZZZ

Can you send to me too? :flowerforyou: Something not-to-sweet would be a perfect treat for :heart: -day!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    This place is jumping as usual!! Selfish post for now but I will come back and respond a little later.

I woke up this morning at 4:45 and was ready for the day apparently. I checked my weight, still says up .2 from friday grr I was hoping it would go back down! lets hope it does by thursday/friday. I went to a yoga class at my gym this morning at 6am, I had always wanted to try this early morning "sunrise Yoga" unfortunately it was not what I was looking for, but I did get some good stretching in. I don't think I will be going back unfortunately :( it makes me super bummed out that I am not into the classes at my gym. I am usually the youngest one there and the teachers are all super old too! I am not agest but it kind of sucks. I never feel pushed :( Not sure what I am going to do because everything else about the gym is awesome. I pay a lot of money for a nice pool/gym but without good classes is it worth it? I am not sure anymore. Well I am going to keep on keeping on for the day. I have run training with my team this evening and I plan to wake up early tomorrow to swim, I really hope I can get the energy to swim at 5am tomorrow because I have to! I have an Ozzy Ozborne and Slash concert that night hehe. be back soon peeps.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This morning I tried something new for breakfast (taking a break from eggs & toast) had some rolled oats with berries and greek yogurt. I was hesitant to dump the yogurt into my tasty oats but I really try and have protein at breakfast.. SOOO GOOD! And easier to eat really, you know how sometimes when you're eating oats you get to the end and it's just so sticky and "hearty" you don't know if you can finish? This is definitely a new fave for me..

there are a few of us on here that will swear by rolled oats...it is definitely a go to breakfast that fills you up and is ever so tasty!! Try playing around with some other fruits-my go to are berries, apples, and pears...add a little cinnamon and the yogurt on the top when it comes out of the microwave and...M-M-M!!! Thanks to Meag (yet again) for another yummy recipe!!!!

Melissa

Holy heck! Melissa is dead on - Oats are my FAVE and I have them w/ yogurt, fruit and cinnamon every morning! If you EVER need a yummy swap out for your breakfast oats, let me know - Or check my diary! There are so many different combinations stored in there. I also use oats in a lot of baked recipes, such as protein brownies, granola, muffins, and any other baked yummy goodness I feel like making. They also make AWESOME pancakes! Such a good staple to have around and so cheap too :smile: Adding fruit and other add-ins while you're cooking them really bumps up the nutrition and helps keep you full longer... 1/3cup of oats with fruit and yogurt turns into a huge bowl of warm, goo-ey awesome that will keep you full all morning. Yayyyy oats!
  • meagalayne
    Options

Can you send to me too? :flowerforyou: Something not-to-sweet would be a perfect treat for :heart: -day!
    Absolutely! I'm sending it RIGHT now! :bigsmile:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Meag- Can you send me the recipe too? I love brownies way too much! I think you should start putting your recipes on your blog on here or something so I can look at them when I like haha.

Nadine- Awesome with the 2 workouts in one day, this is my first day trying it I would love to be able to work in another workout in the morning on the days I do cardio in the evening. We will see how it pans out. So far the yoga class this morning was disappointing, maybe I can figure something else out.

kvr414- Be careful with too much intense cardio. I do a lot of cardio and it can take a toll on your body. Just listen to your body, but other than that rock the house!

Jbars- Try not to worry about if others are looking at you at the gym. I know I was very self conscious when I first started this journey, but some positive talk before you walk in can really help. You are doing this for you and no one else. Great Job on the Aqua aerobics, I know those workouts can really kick your butt!

Melissa- you are an always an inspiring mama! keep up the good work!

sorry its a little late...
    QOTD- Since I know oatmeal was discussed alot lets talk about other breakfast if you want more than amazing oats!!

For me I am in love with egg white french toast when I have the time, I cut up some fresh fruit with it and it is soooo good!! I totally need to make this again soon!
  • KatySteele
    Options
    slindsey137- Be down to 162 by the end of the month to keep my goal weight on track, do 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY, track all of my food everyday!
    KatySteele- lose 10 lbs by March 1st!!! Make it to the gym at least five days per week. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.

SW:178
    CW:176
    GW:150

MARCH 1 GW: 166

If I reach March 1 GW: Book a Flight to a Drag Race! :)
  • wardiemelissa
    Options

[/quote]

They turned out great!!! Even my hubby ate one and didn't make a disgusting face because he knew they were healthy...my oldest already has one packed for her lunch tomorrow! I used an 8X8 brownie pan instead of the loaf pan and cut them into 12 pieces 65 calories each is what I got! NOT BAD at all and full of good for you stuff!!!

Aly-thanks for the kind words...I'm not perfect but I try my best with my girls! I know how hard it is going to be for them as they grow up...just trying to set good examples now!!!

QOTD: Other than oatmeal concoctions....amond butter with sliced banana on bagel thins, or good ole' fashioned cereal. We are having breakfast for dinner tonight which my girls and I are excited about :heart: breakfast for dinner!!! I'm making oatmeal, banana, walnut pancakes with venison maple sausage :love:

I am so glad to have a treadmill on a day like today...with the snow-pocalypse (spelling???) and all! Plus I find it easier to do my intervals on the TM. Pleased with the run. Ran 7 X 400's. Started with a 5 minute walking warm-up, then ran 1/4 mile at 6 mph, ran my first 3 intervals at 7 mph, my second 3 intervals at 7.5 mph, and my last interval at 9 mph :noway: (crazy I know-but wanted to see if I could do it). Ran my recovery intervals (1/4 miles) at 6 mph. Cooled down with 1/2 mile at 6 mph and 5 minutes walking at 4 mph. Ended up being just over 4 1/2 miles. Not too shabby!!!

Have a great night everyone!!! Off to play in the snow with my little snow bunnies :happy:
    Melissa
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Alexis and I just moved to Salt Lake City, Utah after living in California for the past 6 years. Definitely a good move, but it was hard moving and keeping up with being healthy. Now I am finally settled in and newly engaged, so its time to continue getting healthier! I ran a 5k back in sept. but after moving to this cold weather in utah, it is quiet different from running in Cali, so I am going to keep trying to get back to my regular running schedule so that I can do another 5k in a month or two and then a 10k. I want to workout at least 5x a week, which will be easier this month since I finally have a new gym. I want to try out some of the new classes at the gym and no more drinking soda. Its just a waste of calories, so no more. Also I want to be more motivating to my family and friends in any goals they have for the next year.

KatySteele- lose 10 lbs by March 1st!!! Make it to the gym at least five days per week. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
    shelsab: lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Aly - Sending now :happy:

Jbar - Ughhh I remember vividly not wanting to run outside because I was embarrassed about how overweight I looked and I didn't want everyone thinking "That girl is too fat to run" or "can you believe she's even trying?"... This sentiment was worsened by the fact that I was absolutely TERRIBLE at running and felt like everyone was just watching me and waiting for me to quit.... Very discouraging, for sure. But eventually I realized that a) nobody gives a *kitten* about me on the trails, at all, and no one is watching me because most people are (just like me) way more concerned about themselves than anyone else and b) if people do see me running, they're probably thinking "good for her - getting active and being proactive about her health"... It's hard not to think everyone is judging you when you are constantly judging yourself. Just have to decide that you're more important - once you feel a bit more confident about your fitness you will have no problem thinking everyone else in the gym can shove it and just go in there, work til you're literally dripping with sweat (I'm a MESS at the gym!), and then peace out and go enjoy an awesome, delicious post-workout Green Monster (or equivalent).

QOTD - When I don't have oatmeal, I either have an egg white scramble with veg and nutritional yeast, and something spicy like hot sauce, cayenne or kimchi, or I have protein pancakes... Kind of boring, I know. I love a good veggie omelet with feta and fresh homemade pico de galla, too. My favourite ALL time "treat" breakfast is ... French toast made with panettone... Oh Em Gee. Do NOT try this at home. It's deadly good and sooo sweet. Served with a little honey and fresh fruit. It's my cheat meal extraordinaire. Sugar count through the roof! But whatevs - I'm totally worth it once in a while! :bigsmile:

Had dragon fruit today for the first time - Pretty delicious. We just saw it and wanted to cut it open and give it a try! Not too bad! Like the texture and really refreshing. Give it a whirl if you've never had it!

Chicken, veg and peanut sauce stir fry tonight and my mom is throwing on a HUGE pot of vegetable soup because she's feeling in desperate need of some weight-loss post-vacation hahaha! Could be a good eating week for me after all :happy: Hoping to maybe hit the gym after dinner if the roads clear up a little for some interval work. We'll see if I can make it there. Otherwise I'll just call it a day and miss my run for today... I did about 75 mins of shoveling, so that should suffice. Missing my GM, though...

Have a great rest of the day, ladies! :heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options

They turned out great!!! Even my hubby ate one and didn't make a disgusting face because he knew they were healthy...my oldest already has one packed for her lunch tomorrow! I used an 8X8 brownie pan instead of the loaf pan and cut them into 12 pieces 65 calories each is what I got! NOT BAD at all and full of good for you stuff!!!

Aly-thanks for the kind words...I'm not perfect but I try my best with my girls! I know how hard it is going to be for them as they grow up...just trying to set good examples now!!!

QOTD: Other than oatmeal concoctions....amond butter with sliced banana on bagel thins, or good ole' fashioned cereal. We are having breakfast for dinner tonight which my girls and I are excited about :heart: breakfast for dinner!!! I'm making oatmeal, banana, walnut pancakes with venison maple sausage :love:

I am so glad to have a treadmill on a day like today...with the snow-pocalypse (spelling???) and all! Plus I find it easier to do my intervals on the TM. Pleased with the run. Ran 7 X 400's. Started with a 5 minute walking warm-up, then ran 1/4 mile at 6 mph, ran my first 3 intervals at 7 mph, my second 3 intervals at 7.5 mph, and my last interval at 9 mph :noway: (crazy I know-but wanted to see if I could do it). Ran my recovery intervals (1/4 miles) at 6 mph. Cooled down with 1/2 mile at 6 mph and 5 minutes walking at 4 mph. Ended up being just over 4 1/2 miles. Not too shabby!!!

Have a great night everyone!!! Off to play in the snow with my little snow bunnies :happy:
    Melissa
    [/quote]
    Glad you liked 'em Melissa! Did you add sweetener or leave it out? The original recipe was doubled in an 8X8 but I cut it half and use a 9X5 because it tends to cook a little more evenly throughout... 65 cals is nothing! I'd definitely need 2 of them to fill me up after a workout! I usually cut them in 6 and it makes for a great post-workout snack on my drive home from the gym (with an apple)... Then I have a GM like an hour later. So good!

You are a BEAST with those intervals :noway: Don't even know what to say. You're seriously kicking *kitten* and taking names. 9mph is out of this world, girl! :drinker: Good job!

Welcome Alexis to our little nook on the web! :flowerforyou: Great goals!
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Already on the 4th page!! :noway:

Bumping for now :smile:
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    QOTD - Other breakfast ideas besides oats.

Well, when I'm not going through an "oats phase" I'm usually a toast & eggs kinda gal. I just love toast. Even when I'm trying to lower my carbs I will waste them all for breakfast because it is my favourite! And the combination of the energy from the carbs and the eggs is just perfect for me! My little trick for making egg whites more palatable is the poach them. I have an egg poacher that lives on my stove almost permanently and i will pour egg whites in to two cups (approx 3/4c of egg whites total) and cook 'em up! I'll have this with ezekial bread & cheese or butter (i've cut out margarine) Every once and a while I will eat whole eggs to change it up and because I think that they have some good nutrients that I'm missing out on with just the whites.

Someone else mentioned cereal with yogurt and berries this is my summer favourite!! Soo good, mmm.

I also occasionally whip up some protein pancakes with some egg whites and oat flour, sometimes I will also put in some mashed bananas and natural peanut butter. I top this with some SF syrup..mmm (this would be a treat breakfast. My husband likes these :) )
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options

Absolutely! I'm sending it RIGHT now! :bigsmile:

Me too!!! I'm such a sucker for chocolate I'd love to have a lo cal satisfying option :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

tjradd73-lose 8lbs, 80oz H20 per day, and cardio 3x per week.

January Check-in!! I got in 29/31 days of at least 80oz of water and the other 2 days I made up the next day, I got in at least 3 days of cardio per week if not 1 or 2 extra on top of that, and I lost -1.4lbs this week for a grand total of exactly 8lbs!!! so ALL JAN GOALS MET!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    shelsab: lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.
    tjradd73-lose 6lbs, at least 80ozs of water/day, 3X arms/week, 3X abs/week, burn at least 1000 calories per week!