Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! I just recalculated my goals on here because MFP suggests you do that every 10lbs you lose. They took away 60 calories a day!! :mad: grrrrrrrrr. I liked those 60 calories!! guess I'll have to make the best of it lol.

@Rachellynch: I love working out to Katy Perry. It is definitely my guilty pleasure. I find her fun and peppy, which is exactly what I need when I'm on the elliptical. I love that pandora on your phone idea. Is it an app, or do you access it from the internet? I need new music for my workout - starting to get really bored with my current workout playlist.

QOTD: besides Katy Perry, I also have some Dragonforce on my exercise playlist. It makes for some interesting transitions... I am definitely in need of a new playlist though. Mine has gotten really stale. Like I said, I love that pandora idea - maybe I'll try it!

@Spellbinder: I'm the same way with eating healthy & exercising. When I exercise I crave healthy foods - but when I don't I fall into bad old eating habits. Great job getting back on track and good luck with the rest of your traveling!

@KatySteele: I have NEVER heard of black bean brownies. And my first reaction is ewwwww - but I am really intrigued. I have some pumpkin mini muffins that I made earlier in the week - but when they run out, I think I'm going to try those brownies. Or maybe I'll make them for the Superbowl party, it would be good to have some healthier options there. And if I don't end up liking them, there will be plenty of others there to eat them!

@Lostalykat: :flowerforyou: on the loss!!! love it when the scale moves consistently in the right direction. Good luck on your WI. I have similar apprehensions about keeping myself in check for the Superbowl. I had a "practice" for the Superbowl at the beginning of January when my school's football team played in the division championships. I did not do well. I think my best bet is to bring something healthy to the party and get in a good workout before the game.

@Finn: Way to go on your loss!! Great job for kickin that plateau's *kitten* :flowerforyou: Glad that you had such a great time on your trip, sounds fantastic!

@Meag: Thanks!! :happy: I hope your back starts feeling better. My mom deals with chronic back pain and her first response is to do an application of ice and then heat (usually a hot shower). I hope that your back feels better soon. Kudos on toughing it out at Bootcamp!

Have a great day everyone!!
    Meredith
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Cait- Welcome Back! Sorry to hear you got sick on your trip, but at least you had a great time and was able to eat some delicious food! I have never been to NYC but always hear amazing things about it!

Jbars11- I totally agree! When I workout first thing in the morning I tend to eat healthier all day long because I think to myself, why mess up all the hard work I just put in! Keep up the amazing work at water aerobics- I wish I had a pool I could swim/workout in

Aly- Sorry to hear about your knee :( I hope it’s not too painful! As for the super bowl weekend, I am unsure how to keep myself in check without just not eating anything different at all! What’s going to be your trick?

Katy- 2 lbs is amazing!! Way to go!!!!

Spellbinder-when traveling do you stay in hotels that at least have a treadmill you can use? I know how hard it is to be traveling and working and trying to be healthy at the same time. And 90% of the time a “gym” at a hotel is really one treadmill in a closet, but even if you do it for just 10 minutes that’s better than nothing right?

Rachel- Great job on still working out even though you are stuck in the house. I suck at doing that so I am very impressed :)

TJ- great work out!! You are already over half way through your calorie burn for the week! YIPPEE!

Guam- I did the same thing you are doing- I find it easier to only change up one thing at a time, so I changed my diet then added in the exercise just like you are doing- although you’re not adding in your just regrouping after an amazing vaca!

Nadine- 6.7 miles in an hour is killer to me! You should be proud of that even if you know you can do better. I couldn’t do that so yeah for you!

Stuart- now you just have to work out 60 calories more so you can still enjoy them :)

AFM- Feeling kind of tired even though I had my yummy breakfast and had my workout this morning. I think it’s just one of those days. I am trying to power through the rest of the day with the hopes of squeezing in a 30 minute nap/rest when I get home and before the dog adoption people come by to make sure our home is ready for a dog! They just check to make sure we aren’t going to keep her outside and that we really live where we say we live. I am super excited at getting the dog we picked out!!

Keep having a great day!

Megan
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Holy posting, Batman! Catch-up time...

Jbars - Girl - Sounds like we have a LOT in common! :noway: I am SO glad you are in on this challenge because I can totally see myself in so much of what you write already... Blueberry muffin mini-wheats = life saver. They literally helped me lose like 40lbs. I used them as a total "go-to" when I was CRAVING carbs but didn't want to snack on super unhealthy ones. Another great option is smart pop with nutritional yeast and a touch of cayenne pepper. Shake it up and you've got a spicy/cheesey tasting popcorn with a nutritional kick. Don't knock it til you try it. I am SO loving the Y, especially their classes, and I love all the older gym "friends" I have there too! It's so great to meet women trying to get fit and to encourage each other. Even just the friendly hellos and kind words when you're passing each other on the machines, etc. It's all part of building a supportive community and feeling safe working out and I LOVE it. So I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable. And rock on with aqua fit :bigsmile: Whatever gets ya moving! Totally wish we could work out together - You seem like a really rad chick! And you have such a positive attitude!

Thanks everyone for the well-wishing WRT my back - Feels better now that I got in a major work-out, actually.

I did Bootcamp today and increased my weights a little for an extra kick. 48 mins (we started late) followed by 35 mins on the TM - 5 min warm up jog at 5.2mph, 25 min tempo run steadily increasing from 5.5mph-6.5mph, and then a 5 min cool down at 5.2mph. Felt great to just run and not worry about it. My legs were really tight from Bootcamp and about a kazillion squats, lunges, step-ups and all that other jazz but I didn't care. Just ran it out. Felt goooood to stretch afterward :bigsmile:

For those of you that I sent my Protein Brownie recipe to - Make sure you don't over bake! Take it out as soon as it sets because if you bake them for too long they really get kind of gross... My current batch is overcooked and tastes a little rubbery compared to the last batch which was super moist. Trial and error!

Spellbinder - Glad to have you back, girl :happy: Vague goals are fine as long as you're working towards a healthier you. We all know you're going to get there! How's the running/C25K going? Just checking in :wink:

Rachel - I know how you feel - I miss my running/cardio after a day or two as well. Hope you can catch up this weekend and start feeling "normal" again :laugh:

TJ - Great start, but who's surprised! You rock :wink:

Guam - Woooot :drinker: Back on the wagon! Love it! And so happy to see your beautiful face on here again. Missed ya! Great planning for breakfast - really a smart cookie! Are you still doing your kick boxing during the weeks and that? Good luck with your 5K training - I know you can do it! Even with all your responsibilities you always seem to make it fit - What a freaking trooper!

Nadine - Uhmmm sounds like a kick *kitten* run to me, but I know we're all at different places in our training :wink: Keep at it. You are such a great inspiration. Maybe one day I'll be a "real" runner like you :laugh: Have fun in the city!

OK that's all for now - Going to shower and make myself a HUGE post-workout tofu + veg scramble. Yum! My GM was enormous and awesomely wicked today as well. Yay for big work-outs!! :bigsmile: So many extra cals to play around with!

Meag :heart:
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stuartme123- Pandora is a free app on your phone. It's awesome when you type in the singer you like it creates a station with that singer and other singers with a typical style. My husband says that it limits you to so many hours a month. I didn't realize that and had been playing it around the house to help me clean. Oops! So far though it hasn't told me I reached a limit. I will just keep using it when I'm at the gym.
    Thanks girls for you all your inspiration! I want a good weigh in this week. I don't actually own a scale because I kept buying cheap ones that would change the weight every time I stepped on it. So I weigh in at work on the hospital scales. I usually weigh in on Friday or Saturday whenever I work. This week it will be Saturday!
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

@katySteele - thanks for the recipe. Now I have two versions of healthy brownies to try out. I get that these would taste good actually because in Asian countries they use sweet bean paste in desserts. I've grown up eating korean food so it's not too far off from that!

AFM - Today I'm a little more on track then yesterday. (I had a serious need for pizza and ended up being a bit over my goal). I did a lot of walking through the skyways and walked to get food, but didn't get a real workout in, so I'm not sure how much I burned. Today I started with a better breakfast. I also have my run tonight - WEEK 6 of C25k!! I know I still have quite a few weeks left, but I'm getting pretty excited to finish the program and move on to Bridge to 10k. That's my short-term fitness goal.

QOTD - My FAVORITE song on my running mix is "O Saya" from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. I'm not sure why, but it always gets me in the zone when I'm running. I save it for when I think I'm about to give up on my run. Otherwise, my playlist is lots of techno/ world beat and upbeat pop music - like Rihanna's and Gaga :glasses:
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Meag - the day I could run 5k straight I felt like a "real" runner! Lol

Megan - thanks. I know I gave it my best yesterday and as long as I keep doing that I'll get back to where I want to be. I think I've started to treat running like any other sport I've tried - where I'll work so so hard in the beginning to get good, and then once I've reached a certain level, that may not be as good as I had originally wanted to be, but "good enough" I'll just sit at that level comfortably. I really want to reignite the fire and drive I used to have when I was training for my first 1/2.

Hmmmm my co-worker who always talks about wanting to lose weight is going to Wendy's for chicken strips. So glad I have leftover salmon and salad in the fridge!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Mking- I am not sure what my plan is just yet, I know I have a big workout planned in the morning. I was thinking I would put a cap on how many beers I drink and taste everything one time and then stick to veggies. I am not sure how that will work...Still trying to figure out the details haha. I know one of the girls throwing the party is on Weight Watchers, I am hoping she will have some healthy options... We shall see.
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Jbars- water aerobics sounds like so much fun! Its so great to hear all the different avenues people find for fitness. Working out definitely motivates me to eat healthier as well!!!! You’ll find the balance for you with lifting vs cardio and whatnot. Once you are ready to I recommend speaking with a training wherever you go to work out. I think its worth spending money on at least one session just to get a good background and what you should be doing and why… just make sure the person you are meeting with has credentials and isn’t just a gym employee!!!

Aly- cant wait to hear how the duathlon goes! Sounds so awesome and a great way to get ready for the big day in Hawaii!!!!

KatySteele- I am not shy at all with trying new things in foods for healthier options. Those sounds incredible!!!! Definitely worth checking out. Winter weather can be rough on the physical and emotional aspects of getting healthy. Stay with it lady you are doing SUCH a great job !!!

Spell- I totally hear you on the traveling thing. I was only away for 3 days and my body and my routine are TOTALLY messed up. I hope your travels are good- just do the best you can with the circumstances you are in- that’s what this is all about!!!

Rahellynch83- great job getting in some alternatives to your normal gym routine when you couldn’t get out of the house. I have a Love/Hate relationship with shoveling. It is a pain in the tush but it is a great mini workout!!!! I love Pandora on the computer- used to us it all the time. Haven’t found it on my phone. Will def look now though!

Tara- great start to your goals! You are a machine!!!!

Guam- glad to have you back! I think that 5k is calling your name!!!!

Nadine- love that you packed all your meals ahead of time! Makes such a difference especially when the routine is totally different!!!

Meredith- darn that 60 calorie loss!!! Every little bit counts right?

Megan- NYC is definitely worth the trip! How is your running coming along. I feel like we are kind of in the same place with it (or at least we were a few weeks ago) so you are totally motivating me to stay with it!!! Cant wait to see pics of the pup! Fingers crossed on the inspection

Meag- my heart has officially broken! No response from you on here… I totally see how it is MWAHAHAHA SOOO just kidding. Prlly because we have been too busy chatting back and forth on our profiles… hehe cant wait for WD its going to be CRAAAAZY!!!

Megteg- way to go on being at 6 weeks of the C25k. I have been doing my own weird morphed version of it and loving it! Keep up the great work!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    QOTD- for breakfast i'm a grab & go type person, so i usually have a vitatop (one of my FAV things ever), fruit, yogurt, light english muffin with peanut butter, or some combination depending on how hungry i am :o)

this month got off to a rough first few days for me. i had 2 days of eating out & intaking wayyy too much, though they were healthy food choices for the most part, i was more than a little over my caloric goals. i still got in enough water & fiber those days, so hopefully not too much damage done. yesterday i went to a crazy intense hiphop/zumba class at the gym & then worked out on the elliptical some & tonight i'm starting Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred & both days have been great intake days, so i'm sure the rest of this week being better food choices will help fix the beginning of my week. i hope everyone else is having a great start to their February!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I thought I would be used to this thread moving so fast but a few days off and I am TOTALLY lost!~! Its also 1030 here and my brain has already retired til morning. I promise to get in some comments tomorrow but for now..

I havent been doing too well this week. NOT a good way to start the month off, but Im not gonna let that get me down! I have been doing more strength training at the gym and at home. Ive just been testing out differnt random things to see what I can keep my interest on. I get VERY bored and I dont want to discourage myself by making a strick goal and not completing it. I have been "ok" with my calories and I plan to really bring it at the gym this weekend.

I already caved and messed up my goal of NO ALCohol. But I am entering a program at the end of the month and after thats done I wont be slipping up any more with drinking.

I noticed alot of you talking about Oats and rolled oats. What in the world is a rolled oat?????? I am imagining you all taking a log of something and rolling it in oatmeal. Im confused, someone please enlighten me! I know I sound stupid, I might as well be asking someone what a carrot it, please be patient Im still learning!~!

Good night everyone.
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In other news, I really don't care for pears much at all. Had 1/2 of one today in my oats - Meh :ohwell: Back to blueberries, apples, pumpkin or something else tomorrow! At least I gave it a shot!

BOOO!!!!! Sorry you didn't like the pear....was it a d'anjou pear???? I don't like them-too meely for me!

Made another batch of protein brownies-swapped out the banana for some unsweetened natural applesauce (i cup) plus I did add the splenda yesterday and today...today's tasted a little sweeter...YUMM!!!

Melissa
  • BFab24
    BFab24 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hey all! I'm sorry I can't copy and paste, as I'm working on an iPad and not sure how. I want to introduce myself. My name is Britnee and I'm from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area as well. I haven't even been on MFP for 2 weeks yet and I'm down 2 pounds. Still getting the hang of things but I'm trying!

By the end of February my scale goal is down 5 pounds (bringing me down to 185). Non scale goals- workout 4-5 times a week, at least 2 of those times at the gym, making healthy snack choices at work, and getting moved into a new p,ace :)
  • JessYas
    JessYas Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!

My name is Jessica and I live in Southern California. I'm joining this "20s" group because I realized I'm approaching 28 (March 6th), I'm still young, and I should be in the best shape of my life, instead of constantly bemoaning my appearance in a bikini.

It's only going to get harder from here, so might as well make the most of youth being on our side, right?

After the holidays (specifically on the 8th of January) I cut out ALL ALCOHOL (this isn't permanent, just a jump start, although cutting way BACK on alcohol consumption will be a method I maintain), bought a pair of Rollerblades (I live in Los Angeles and want to do something other than running on the Santa Monica Boardwalk) and started watching what I ate. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago that I discovered MyFittnesPal, and I haven't looked back. I have recorded my food and exercise every single day for two weeks, and I really enjoy it!

I currently weigh 147 at 5'6" and have a goal weight of 135. Although 130 would be nice.

I started at 149, so two pounds in two weeks ain't bad! I also really want to gain some upper body strength and arm muscle- I'd like to be able to do a pull-up on my own ;)

Thanks for all your support, I look forward to checking in with you ladies!
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well today has been busy busy! I worked today so that was good and I only drank a soy chai and ate no bad food at starbucks while working. Still trying to get in my water, but I can do it. I was lazy this morning and didn't workout, so I am going to try to get one in tonight after work. Going to vegas for the weekend to see family so yay for a good weekend away from work and the cold! I hope everyone is doing good!!!
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well today has been busy busy! I worked today so that was good and I only drank a soy chai and ate no bad food at starbucks while working. Still trying to get in my water, but I can do it. I was lazy this morning and didn't workout, so I am going to try to get one in tonight after work. Going to vegas for the weekend to see family so yay for a good weekend away from work and the cold! I hope everyone is doing good!!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i know i posted a few hours ago, just wanted to update on how my 30 day shred day 1 went :o)
    i did level 1 of course & it wasn't as bad as i was expecting from the forums on here about it. there were a few moments where i was like omg, but it was fairly fast paced, so it wasn't hard to work through & there wasn't anything in the 20 minute workout that i'd be embarrassed if my mom or bf walked in while i was exercising (i won't do zumba or kickboxing with risk of them watching lol) so i think i'll be able to do this everyday. worst case scenario is it takes me a little longer than 30 days :o) either way i'm excited that i didn't struggle through it & it is a realistic workout for me. yay!
    & also posted under my caloric goals again today from all the working out & i've almost evened out the calories i went over during the first 2 days of this month! February is going to be a great month :oD

shelsab- enjoy vegas, i'm jealous lol it's all ice & snow by me in jersey! & i <3 love starbs, have you tried their perfect oatmeal with dried fruit &/or nuts? its delicious & keeps me from being temped with their yummy looking sandwiches & pastries.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    just adding BFab24....welcome!!

to JessYas-welcome to the group!! make sure you copy and paste this list and add your Feb goals to the bottom :)

mpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
    megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
    jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
    seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
    roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
    emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
    lil_vic22: Lose 9 lbs
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 143 lbs and cut down eating out to 1x a week
    mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
    jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), race 15km on Feb 19th in UNDER 1:43:00, curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
    ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
    Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
    LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
    lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
    kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
    Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
    marymoni- Get to 135lbs and improve endurance to 10km.
    Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
    nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
    noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
    wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
    crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
    Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
    Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
    KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!
    kvr414- 12+cups water/day, Intense cardio 3x/week, Limit carb consumption post 5PM, Lose 3 lbs.
    lizzymaez--lose at least 4 more pounds of the 8 pounds I have left to go. Be healthy and workout 3 times a week. Continue taking vitamins every day.
    Stuartme123: JanSW = 155. Check-in with this thread 3-4x/week, 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Conintue with 100 push-up challenge and C25K, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    slindsey137- Be down to 162 by the end of the month to keep my goal weight on track, do 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY, track all of my food everyday!
    KatySteele- lose 10 lbs by March 1st!!! Make it to the gym at least five days per week. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
    shelsab: lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.
    tjradd73-lose 6lbs, at least 80ozs of water/day, 3X arms/week, 3X abs/week, burn at least 1000 calories per week!
    odettelh - walk for 30 minutes without feeling tired, watch my food intake, get into a solid workout routine and make sure my diet is healthy
    amgant- My goals for February are to Exercise everyday, even if it is only 30 min on an treadmill and get under 180.
    finncmh- See a loss on the scale. 4 days a week lifting. Cardio: by the end of the month be running between 1.5 and 2.0 miles straight. Continue to refine my eating. Really focus on finding a nice daily yoga routine for myself.
    spellbinder25 - (1) Workout regularly, as much as I can, (2) Eat healthy. (Mental note: I AM NOT GOING BACK TO WHERE I STARTED!!), (3) Come up with a strength training plan for March onwards.
    BFab24-lose 5lbs to get down to 185, non-scale goals: workout 4-5 days per week (at least 2 in the gym), eat healthy snacks at work, and to move into a new place :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Guam-welcome back!

Megan-congrats on your puppy!!

lnlynch- great workout and 2 days won't kill you!! way to get right back at it!

Kandace-I really have no idea between an oat and a rolled oat either?! not a stupid question for sure :)

Britnee-WTG on the 2lbs so far!

shelsab-girl-...fair warning...bring your warm jacket!!! it is freezing in Vegas too right now!! the 20's here feels like single digits elsewhere so be prepared!! hope you have a good time while you're here...anything fun planned for the weekend?

To everyone who gave me "props" i really do appreciate it!! sometimes a few words showing that people are actually noticing what you are doing is a great feeling...so thanks!!
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    QOTD:

I'm in a Katy Perry phase too! Which is weird, I am all over the place. Depends on the type of workout - for cardio I like upbeat poppy stuff, (katy perry), Glee (haha!), I have a britney spears remixed CD and I particularly like the versions of Toxic and Slave for you. If i'm doing weights I usually go with metal. Protest the Hero, As I lay dying, Killswitch Engage. I know eclectic right?

@KanCrav: Don't know if someone else already answered this, but "rolled oats" is just another name for "oats"or "old fashioned oats", I think they usually refer to the larger flake kind? As opposed to "quick oats" which are the tiny oats that are found in "instant" package. There's this whole hierarchy of oats and I don't really understand all of it haha. This is a good video all about the different kinds of oats. I love Dani Spies! :) "http://www.danispies.com/archives/101_video/oatmeal_101_-_video.php&quot;

I have to confess that I hate 3 chocolate hearts today (the small kind, but still over 200cal!) and I'm feeling pretty guilty about it. eek. Tomorrow is another day, unfortunately I'm getting my eyebrows tattooed (again) and it's super painful. I hope I can resist the urge to eat afterwards to ease the pain! wish me luck.

Tomorrow is Friday!
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    QOTD:

I'm in a Katy Perry phase too! Which is weird, I am all over the place. Depends on the type of workout - for cardio I like upbeat poppy stuff, (katy perry), Glee (haha!), I have a britney spears remixed CD and I particularly like the versions of Toxic and Slave for you. If i'm doing weights I usually go with metal. Protest the Hero, As I lay dying, Killswitch Engage. I know eclectic right?

@KanCrav: Don't know if someone else already answered this, but "rolled oats" is just another name for "oats"or "old fashioned oats", I think they usually refer to the larger flake kind? As opposed to "quick oats" which are the tiny oats that are found in "instant" package. There's this whole hierarchy of oats and I don't really understand all of it haha. This is a good video all about the different kinds of oats. I love Dani Spies! :) "http://www.danispies.com/archives/101_video/oatmeal_101_-_video.php&quot;

I just noticed the quotes at the bottom of your post, really like them both! Especially the warrior one since I've started doing my workouts in the morning :)

I have to confess that I hate 3 chocolate hearts today (the small kind, but still over 200cal!) and I'm feeling pretty guilty about it. eek. Tomorrow is another day, unfortunately I'm getting my eyebrows tattooed (again) and it's super painful. I hope I can resist the urge to eat afterwards to ease the pain! wish me luck.

Tomorrow is Friday!