Senior Golden Sneakers - February 2011

Options

Replies

• elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Sandy - :laugh:

have had time to read the rest of the posts yet!
  • elli
    Options
    oh man - haven't!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MATTIE. hAVE A GOOD ONE DON'T EAT TOO MUCH CAKE

flcpckb.gif

b3f52cec.gif

Love "ya
  • elli
    Options
    ohmygosh that was a lot to read!

Maddie - Happy Birthday!

Barbie - So glad you found the ferrets home! And that Jakes back is better. when i spent that year renovating my house, i barely did any formal exercise but my weight stayed pretty constant that whole time because i was always moving, doing something - cleaning, stripping walls and or wood, hammering, cleaning, sawing tile........you get the idea. I think those are some of the best way to burn calories. I'm sure you were just fine yesterday!

Irene - so glad Mariah is getting well. That had to be scary - the iv thing.

Gayla - 2 .6 pounds is AWESOME!!!!!!!! you go girl!!!! Your nephew has been in my thoughts. I just hate it when young people get these awful illnesses. I'm going to make a donation to ms with him in mind.

Sandy - ugh, that traffic would make me crazy. You're such a trooper - but sounds like it was all worth it. Nothing like that laughter to keep you young at heart. You are such a cool grandma! Even if it was cheesey! You know me well - i definitely cheat more than i should. Yesterday at scrap booking i ate some of my own shrimp/asparagus risotto AND 2 chocolate chip cookies. Then came home and ate yoghurt and cereal..............not a very good day calorie wise! I did get up this morning and take the dogs for an hour long walk. I remember when you lost Freeway, how hard that was especially on your husband. i'm sure glad you made the decision to get Crazy Daisy though!

Marie - I agree with Sandy - I'm sorry there is more waiting for you but i think if they were concerned it was way serious they'd be getting Jerry in right away. Sending healing thoughts!

Mikee - welcome to our group! Keep on coming back - we're quite the crew!

Hi Lynn - you made me laugh, the guy on the treadmill is adorable, and just a bit older than my oldest son! AND - i found this cool thing on my new laptop - POST IT NOTES!!!!!!!! oh BOY does that ever help keeping everything and everybody straight!!!

Buzz - you made me laugh too!:laugh: That definitely would NOT be me with the husband! Haven't had one of those in, ohhhhhhhh over 20 years now! I DID see the recipe though, and thank you for that!

Phoebe - thanks! Scrap booking is always a blast - I get together with a bunch of great women, we cook way too decadent food - work on our scrap books AS we solve world problems! :wink: I got done with the book for my K's (Kota, Katie and Kodi) - documenting their year - they got engaged (feb 2010), started planning an Oct. wedding, got pregnant (they've been together for 7 years now), started planning a wedding/honeymoon in Hawaii, put their house on the market, started planning a tiny July wedding, moved in with me, sold their house, bought a house, moved and had a baby! BIG YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Well - guess i rambled on enough. Going over to see baby Kodi and then for a work out at the gym. It's getting up to 60 today! :drinker: Happy sunday everyone - hope you're all spending it doing stuff you like doing with people you like doing stuff with!:bigsmile:
    :heart: elli
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    The sun is shining today. :glasses: It looks so great through the window! Actually it isn't too bad ouside, either, if you stay out of the wind. Went out for breakfast this morning and ate too much. As usual!

I have a quilt to finish this week. I have the top done, but still have to put the layers together and tie it off. It's for my bed. A scrappy log cabin with lots of different fabrics.

I bought a gallon of paint today for the utlity room. Or is that utility space, it's so small. There are generations of fingerprints and "crud" that we didn't have any part of adding. It shouldn't take too long, and I will feel much better about it. I got a $7.99 gallon of mis-mixed paint. Not a bad color for a spot nobody sees anyway.

Mariah is coming over this evening to spend the night and most of tomorrow. We are making valentine cookies. Translation: cut hearts out of pink pop tarts with a cookie cutter. :heart: Then she is going to make turkey and dressing. Translation: game hen stuffed and baked. You should see her enthusiasm when she is using bare hands to stuff that bird. Hilarious!

So far the fish I bought yesterday for the aquarium have all survived. It looks much better with a few more fish. The plecostamus is working away at cleaning the glass. I still would like a couple of catfish for the bottom...but the only catfish the store had yesterday grow to huge. Can't have that.

I so enjoy this thread and all of you here. Thanks!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes. The pictures were g-r-e-a-t !! I did not eat too much cake. I ate a vitalicious muffin top with a little cool whip and about a TBS of Ice Cream......Funny, I did not feel deprived. All of my brothers and sisters (except one)were here along with my kids and their kids.....I'm glad that they got to see each other. I get to see all of them individually but not many occasions to be in the same room.

I am pooped!!!!

Just a note to Nyll: You sounded a little out of tune...do you have a sore throat? :laugh:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    MADDIE...HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!! You are a ray of sunshine and humor..thanks for being here for us.

Irene..I've gotta tell ya..'plecostamus ' needs a name!!
    ..unless you Like typing that one!! LOL
    Marie, I hate that Jerry will have to drive a longer distance..what a shame, and a nuisance too.

I agree with Irene about not being able to reply to all of the posts, like I did yesterday..I just don't have time. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts and I will try to keep up with you when we are travelling.

Pam, that is exciting news for you, and I loved your telling us about your London visit..so many places I know from my reading, and you mentioned the Thames!! LOL.. I told you I love GB.

Mike or Mikee? welcome, feel free to post anytime

Buzz, that soup sounds great to me too!
    hope you all are having a pleasant Sunday, it was 60 here today, sunshine..oh my!!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Friendship ~ None of that Sissy Stuff
    Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?
    Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
    You will see no cute little smiley faces on this ~Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

When you are sad ~ I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry *kitten* who made you sad.
    When you are blue ~ I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
    When you smile ~ I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.
    When you are scared ~ I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you're NOT.
    When you are worried ~ I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
    When you are confused ~ I will try to use only little words.
    When you are sick ~ Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
    When you fall ~ I will laugh at your clumsy *kitten*, but I'll help you up.
    This is my oath .... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask ~ because you are my friend.
    Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

Send this to 10 of your closest friends (including the one who sent it to you).

Then get depressed because you can only think of 4.

Now THIS is realistic friendship!!
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi from sunny Saskatchewan where the snow is nicely receding. The temp. is +5C, I am guessing about 35F. Love it!

I just wanted to wish Maddie and very Happy Birthday before the end of the day. I will try to be back later but do have family here for dinner so it may not happen until tomorrow.

Marie -- I will be thinking about the two of you.

Sandy -- Like the friendship quote!

Elli -- That is so kind of you. I have been thinking about the Spring Walk for MS so I better do some training!

Take care everyone and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: today was like Thanksgiving.......we spent days getting the house just perfect for the Realtor to take photos and he was in and out in 15 minutes.........now we have to keep the house the same until tomorrow morning at 9:30 when another Realtor comes with some potential buyers. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile

257724qzzhy39no4.gif:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Happy Birthday, Maddie :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    BARBIE: lots of luck with the sale! The one right person WILL come along and love it, and the area is SO beautiful!
    IRENE: good to know about freezing beans.. Actually , I'd like to keep them prepared and on hand so I can eat some every day in one form or another!
    CONNIE: the poor little things love nice warm quarters...as long as they are field mice! Here, near the agricultural areas, they have rats the size of opposums! Not many alligators around any more (Bet the rats ate 'em!!!). I'd better warn my son about mice coming in the doggie door he's putting in! Never thought of that! And Connie, I'm almost afraid to say it out loud,...but I've lost several more ounces per day since adding fiber with the beans! SHHHhhhh! It might stop if I say it!
    GAYLA: you certainly deal beautifully with all the things going on in your life; at least you appear to handle them serenely! What you really feel, only you know! But we surely want to support you in every way! I'm so glad Neil has adapted so well to his new home!
    SANDY, thank you for that beautiful card you addressed to Maddie from "everyone"! I haven't figured where you all get these great "cartoons" you post.And your friendship poem is PERFECTION!!!
    BARB: WOW my head spinneth over! I still carry a cheapo cell just for emergencies. And no one knows my number! I've enough trouble figuring out my computer, never mind adding a smart phone! My admiration for you knows no bounds!!!
    HEY MADDIE: HAPPY HAPPY DAY, OLD GIRL!!! And sorry about the memory lapse. Hope you like the soup, and make all the changes you like. It's helping me lose ounces, too, if not pounds yet! But it IS moving downward again, at last!
    MARIE: Gorgeous, gorgeous card, as usual (in fact, 2!) Loving input always! Anything new with you or Jerry?
    ELLI: OK so the Halfzeimers is the best excuse for not realizing it was not you!
    Somewhere I lost it, with your K's!!! I take it ONE is your child, and another is your grandchild(Kodi) but which is which with Katie and Kota? Hope they get to Hawaii sometime, my paradise place!
    PHOEBE: and IRENE:
    Irene..I've gotta tell ya..'plecostamus ' needs a name!!
    ..unless you Like typing that one!! LOL
    boy, do I ever agree!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    I see that I have more birthday wishes! Thank you all so much!!!

Buzz: I will be trying that soup...that's for sure!!

Sandy: Love the friend thing and I think that's exactly what friends are!!

G'Nite

winnie-the-pooh-glitter-002.gif
  • elli
    Options
    Hi Buzz - sorry i confused you - and believe me - i totally get it about the halfzeimers!!!!!!:tongue: So Dakota is my son - and his nickname is Kota. Katie is his wife and their baby daughter (4 weeks old yesterday) is Kodi Grace. so my older son and his wife and i refer to them as "the K's". I went over and visited with them this beautiful afternoon and sang to Kodi while they got a little mommy daddy time alone just working in their yard. omg - i feel so blessed! Then my dil in colorado springs sent me a picture of Katalina (6 months old) chewing on her daddy's watch band. She's a funny one! makes us all laugh already!

Then i went and had a really good work out and now i'm home - getting ready to watch the grammys and hopefully finish "The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest". Tomorrow is my weigh in - sure hope i lose! I only had 1 bad cheating day - but it was yesterday so it could catch up tomorrow. we'll see.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

l, e
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone - hope it is the start of a great week for all.

First, I sent my wishes privately but will add them here! Happy 62 Maddie girl.

Had a few things on my mind and, of course, I can't keep them to myself.

There was a group holding a bake sale at our local Walgreens on Saturday to benefit the American Heart Association. So what were they selling? Cheesecake, Caramel Custard Cinnamon Rolls, Double Chocolate Brownies, and lots of other very heart unhealthy goodies. Seemed very strange to me.

I signed up for a 12-week Fit For Life Challenge. The $20 entry fee gives me access to either our local fitness center or to Curves for the length of the Challenge, and there are five or six WOWs (Work Out of the Week or lectures) every week. On Saturday there was a nutrition lecture. The workout class that preceded it ran over so there were 25 or 30 overweight women standing around outside waiting to get in. I was early too but instead of standing around, I did 6 laps around our court house square - about the size of a city block. Each time I went past the event venue, I had to walk through the crowd. Do you think even ONE took the hint and walked along with me? Hell no.

Last year they had 136 people register for the Challenge. Guess how many finished it. Nine. Yes, NINE!!!! They had enough prizes for a dozen "winners" so everyone got something. This year they have over 260 people registered. Wonder how many will make it through the 12 weeks. I will be one of them. I promise you.

We had a lovely lunch of venison chili at the home of friends today. Meant a salad and lean sandwich for dinner this evening but the company was worth it. They are lovely people who have lived here all of their lives and are well-versed in local history. I adore them. It was a gorgeous day and we sat out on their front porch and soaked up the sun. Temperature in the car said 72 but it was more like 68. Supposed to be in that range all week. Thank you God.

Some days life is so good.
  • elli
    Options
    Dear computer genius Golden Sneaker Friends:

how do i clean the screen on my laptop???

Thanks!

elli
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    There was a group holding a bake sale at our local Walgreens on Saturday to benefit the American Heart Association. So what were they selling? Cheesecake, Caramel Custard Cinnamon Rolls, Double Chocolate Brownies, and lots of other very heart unhealthy goodies. Seemed very strange to me.
    I signed up for a 12-week Fit For Life Challenge.

CONNIE, it always amazes me, also, when we attend a rally for some good health cause or hospital function, that the food is all sugar and white flour :grumble: , and everything else that is instant heart attack! Why on earth can't they at least do bran muffins or veggies and lite dips? :ohwell:
    And good for you taking on the Fit for Life Challenge! :flowerforyou: Tell us more about that! ???

Buzz
  • elli
    Options
    Buzz - on your profile is that last picture Hawaii? My best vacation place ever too!

l, e
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Dear computer genius Golden Sneaker Friends:
    how do i clean the screen on my laptop???
    Thanks!
    elli

Elli: try microfiber, used very lightly as the desktop is easily spoiled. Or eyeglass or TV(flat screen) cloths. I personally do not like using liquid, but i
    I once used a microfiber cloth with a tiny amount of plain water to remove what looked like a scratch,...and it worked! I also once received a suedecloth "cleaning dog < from www.inksell.com> and it is great for dusting the desktop...very soft! Good luck! :love:
    Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Elli, what ever you do, don't use windex or any glass cleaner as my cleaning lady did on my old monitor and ruined it. Buzz gave the right answer with the flat screen cloth or a soft eyeglass cloth. I too used a tiny spot of water if a spot doesn't come off, but be careful as they are very sensitive.

Will be back in the morning, too tired to post tonight, was just logging the last of my food and water.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Good Morning!!! The scale moved!!! It really moved 1 whole lb. I think if I could go to the bathroom again, it would be 1.5 lbs but let's not ****er over that and I will just enjoy the moment !!!!

I was thinking that with the fiber in those vitamuffins,(9 grams) it probably just took everything else out the back door in a little bundle :laugh: Should I eat one everyday??? :blushing:

Connie, the way you write is like poetry and you are such an inspiration....it is funny that there you are walking around getting exercise, which I'm sure is part of the challenge, and there was everyone else just standing around. Between you and Buzz and Marie...I betta get up offa this thing and dance some more till I feel betta!!! (James Brown) You're all showin me up! :drinker:

Puppy13-hugs.gif

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!