Senior Golden Sneakers - February 2011

Options

Replies

• LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning everyone. When I was still in the Monday-Friday, 9 to 5 world we called this "hump" day - once you got through the day, the weekend was in sight. How sad that we spend so much of our lives waiting for time to pass instead of relishing the time we have when we have it.

:heart: JoAnn , you asked how tall we were. I am 5'6". Used to be 5'7" but somewhere between 55 and 69 I lost an inch. And this morning my scale found that pound that I lost to put me in the 160s. So disheartening.

:heart: Sandy, Marie was asking me about the Snipping Tool that is a Window's accessory. Some time ago I did a couple of posts on how to use it to grab bits and pieces of what you see on your screen and save them as Jpeg images. It is a tool I use so often that I keep it in my active tool bar.

:heart: Lynn, our youngest grandchild is 12 and since our two youngest sons have never married there probably are no others on the horizon. Our son-in-law's daughter had a baby six months ago so we do have a "step" great grandson but he and his parents are in North Carolina so I only see photos and videos posted on Facebook.

:heart: Gayla, when we bought this brand new house in 2007, our kids started a pool (betting pool) and placed wagers on how long it would take me to tear out a wall. I've never lived in a house that I haven't remodeled. I fooled them. We didn't tear out any walls but we did finish the lower level to add a fourth bed, third bath, family room and rec room. And I've added storage to the laundry room to serve as a pantry. I lived with dry-wall dust and wood shavings for months.

I've been reading that some of you are wearing heart rate/calorie counter devices and using the calculations to log calories burned. Be careful not to take those calculations at face value. You may be giving yourself credit for calories burned where no credit is due. Our bodies naturally burn calories all day long and My Fitness Pal has already calculated these "sit still" calories into our goals. It is very easy to "double dip" where calories burned from exercise are concerned.

You can see this for yourself with a simple experiment. Start your device, take your heart rate and then sit still for an hour. Watch TV, read a book, surf the net. Be sure to take your heart rate every 15 minutes. At the end of the hour, look at how many calories it says you've burned just sitting still. Keep that number in mind, and the next time the device says you've burned 300 calories doing an hour of housework, subtract the "sit still" calories from the total and that is the "net" amount you should log.

It is snowing here and 16 degrees but the weather man says a warming trend will start tomorrow and we should be in the low 50s by the weekend. Our "average" February temperature is 46 degrees so this has been a really cold and snowy winter by Ozarks standards. We've had more of the white stuff in February than we've had in the last three winters combined.

Take care everyone. Eat good food, think good thoughts and have a good day.
    Hey Connie, you are right. I do deduct the be still calories before I post them. I don't know what made it pop in my head but I knew that if I burn 1.2 per minute for nothing, I should subtract them from the something. Everyone may not know that though so I was a good idea to point it out....we have to watch out for each other! :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :sad: Jake did something to his back with all the packing and carrying boxes so he saw the chiropractor today and got adjusted and for the rest of the day he has to ice his back and rest......in contrast this is my exercise day with line dance in the morning, walking four and a half miles with my friend and then taking the dogs to the dog park with some time on the exercise bike in between.

:flowerforyou: we had an animal adventure this morning. When I brought Sasha to the door after our early morning walk there was a furry creature by the front door and I screamed and the furry creature tried to come in the house with us......Jake heard me and came running and went out and discovered that the furry creature that I was screaming about was a ferret. I walked Brandy and then the ferret appeared at the glass door at the back. Jake put on his heavy gloves and got a cat carrier and captured the ferret, brought it into the house, gave it water and some dog food and left it in the carrier in the guest room with the door shut. The dogs kept sniffing and whining at the door and the cats hid under the bed in our room. After a few phone calls, Jake found out that Petco would take the ferret so he took it over there on the way to the chiropractor. The dogs were sad to see it go, but once it was gone the cats came out from under the bed.

:flowerforyou: xyla, your walking challenge sounds like a great idea :bigsmile:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Maddie said:
    Hey Connie, you are right. I do deduct the be still calories before I post them. I don't know what made it pop in my head but I knew that if I burn 1.2 per minute for nothing, I should subtract them from the something. Everyone may not know that though so I was a good idea to point it out....we have to watch out for each other! :drinker:
    Maddie, my post wasn't directed at any one person but the result of a very interesting conversation with the folks at Sportline after my own device racked up an amazing number of calories while I was sleeping. I figured either I was a sleep exerciser or something was very, very wrong with the monitor.

Using the monitor my workouts on my exercise bike were racking up about 50 to 60 more calories burned over a 20 or 25 minute period than the charts said they should. I tried the old formula method (For Women: [(0.6309 x heart rate) + (0.09036 x weight) + (0.2017 x age) - 55.0969] x time divided by 4.184) and they were still off by about the same amount. The tech on Sportline's support line said to subtract about 60 calories for a 20 minute workout and gave the explanation I posted. I figured if I didn't know that, there was a chance other folks didn't know it either.

:smile: We had such a good dinner tonight. A big box of fresh Lake Michigan whitefish arrived today along with six pounds of lake perch fillets. Such a treat.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Barbie....That is so funny that you had a ferret invite himself into your house. I thought I was the only one with that adventure. I once opened my back door and in he came. I was a little aprehensive at first, but I picked him up and put him in a carrier. I tried to find an owner with no luck, but I found a good home for him. I don't know how long the poor little thing had been on his own, but he sure was looking for someone with some food. A ferret isn't my favorite pet, but I always want animals to have good homes. I'm in the market for a lazy old cat that isn't too lazy to chase mice.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Gayla- it's not all that usual in our area either but I was like you were talking, I wanted to be a Grandmother. So, when I talked to them I called myself Grandmother to the. It was hard for them to say at first.:smile: I was Grandmudder, Grandmuvver, Gwandmuver, :laugh: but eventually....in sad way..it became Grandmother....I loved all the other versions too:love:

I hope you are staying warm, Marie. I went to the chiropractor today. When I left it home it was snowing but the roads were relatively clear. (we still had 4 inches on the ground, 23 degrs.) but as time went on the snow was really coming down. When I came out the roads were covered and slick. It's normally a 25 min drive. Part of it is parkway but it took almost an hour. I hadn't drove in snow on slick roads since I haven't worked. My daughter-in-law and 3 year old grandson were with me. He was very excited. A semi passed us and blew snow all in your faces like a blizzard. He was like "what is his deal, he blew snow all over us?" When I returned home, I went into the bathroom to remove my contact...I just wear one...and do you know I forgot to put it in..so I texted my daugter-in-law and told her I thought she would feel better knowing I drove all that way without my contact lense:laugh: :laugh: so I was one old lady out on slick roads without my contact lense...:laugh: :laugh: :glasses:

Maddie ....what was that about your birthday?:huh:

Xyla ...the walking challenge sounds interesting. I could handle a mile a day...most days..:tongue: That sounds doable

Phoebe hope you are safe out there.

JoAn --hope you are continuing to heal well.

Barbie --was sorry about Jakes back...was it a pulled muscle? A soak in Epsom Salts..helps soreness.

Connie---wow:flowerforyou: I am impressed with anything mathematical...as that is not my strong point...I would haveto write it down and go to a calculator.

Eli and Sandy---as you can tell my grandchildren are the lights of my life:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Buzz...hope your eyes continue to improve.

Irene---will look forward to more stories.:wink:

Everyone stay warm!!
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    IRENE said
    I'm in the market for a lazy old cat that isn't too lazy to chase mice.
    I'll bet your local animal shelter would have just the thing. I've always found they have many more cats in need of homes than dogs. For some reason people spay or neuter their dogs more often than they do their cats. And I'll bet you'd give that lucky cat a wonderful home.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Dinner is smelling good, chicken breasts with mushrooms, carrots, onions and garlic. I wish I had thrown some peppers in but nearly ready to eat now. I just need to warm up some noodles. The construction continues here. I think I am a little less stuffed up so that is def. Good!

Marie – I hope the doctor gets back to you soon with the plan, I know you must be anxious.:flowerforyou:

Sandy – Your trip sounds wonderful. You have such a special relationship with your granddaughter. I hope one day to have some wonderful grandbabies but that is not my decision! Neil is always thrilled to get a card. He phones me right away to tell me “I got mail”! Thanks for caring.

Barbie – Ouch! I hope Jake is already starting to feel better. A sore back can really take the joy out of life. Sounds like you had your usual busy day.

Barb – So funny trying to feed each dog differently and just like children, it always looks better on someone else’s plate. You are such a good Mama.

Elli – As we (Dave) do this work, I am in awe of you once again. You are a one of a kind my dear! It is such hard work. Your last few pounds will drop one of these days when you don’t expect it.

Phoebe – How long are you on the road? How about if you find some warm air and blow it up North!!:bigsmile:

Xyla – Good for you on the walking challenge. I think that is a great idea.

Connie – It sounds like you made your home very comfortable for you and guests. So are you thinking of knocking a wall out now that you are done the basement?

Gigi – I wish I was cruising with you!!:wink:

Maddi – Thinking about your brother and hoping each day gets better. Eating out is difficult. I figure if it is only an occasional thing not to worry. This week it was a few times so I am a little worried. If I gain I will just have the pleasure of taking it off the next week! Ugh.

Lynn – I don’t tend to ask people to be my friends although I rarely decline. I just don’t feel I am good at remembering to check other than this thread. Your grandson sounds so funny.:laugh:

Irene – I hope you have been keeping well.

JoAn – Your Orlando holiday sounds like lots of fun! You deserve it. It will be good motivation to drop a pound or two and get into that new bathing suit. Is your granddaughter well controlled with her conditions? It is so hard when little kids have to deal with health issues.:heart:

Buzz – It looked like you are on a dietician’s food plan. I agree with the fruits and vegetables. We are not super big meat eaters here although we have meat at most meals. I try to work in at least one non-meat meal a week.

Jeffrey – Where are you??:glasses: I hope you are doing ok.

I think I have likely forgotten someone and will think of them as soon as I close. I hope you are all well and behaving yourselves!

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart: :heart:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: Here it is almost 1 AM and what am I doing up so late??? Got stuck trying to uninstall my Adobe Flash and the "SYSTEM" would not give me permission! It stole hours of my time figuring it out, and finally I went back to Adobe and used their links to uninstall everything and simply download the newest version and it worked! Gosh, I get flustered and incoherent when my computer's will becomes stronger than mine...who's carrying the leash here? :ohwell:
    GAYLA: I can smell that wonderful chicken right here! YUM. And how brave of you to recount everybody; and you're right, Jeffrey seems to have disappeared! Hope all goes well with him and that marathon isn't his undoing!!!
    And remember oldbat from Britain? I've not seen her since I've returned. I thought she was a great addition, and now I'm wondering if we took her for granted because she was so comfortable for us! :noway: ...and yes, my DR finaly sent me to a nutritionist, because his advice to cut my calories just wasn't working. The 1st 14 pounds slid right off, and then I hit the proverbial PLATEAU :sad: ! But I see her on the 17th, and Im sticking with it. I eat no more than 3 oz of any kind of protein at every meal but breakfast, where 2 proteins are just right! I'm now soaking 17 bean soup overnight so I can make a nice barley and bean soup with tons of veggies tomorrow. I'm attempting to get more fiber into my food menus, and beans shoul do it!
    LYNN...Grandmudder, Grandmuvver, Gwandmuver, ...so cute, and then ..ouch... all grown up! And thank you, the stitches came out today and it will be about 2 weeks until the swelling and black and blue are all gone! It was not an eyelid lift (Ilearned today). Dr Shriver referred to it as a Ptosis repair, meaning she shortened the muscle that opens the upper lid so I shouldn't step on themt ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
    CONNIE: your gorgeous creatures are anything BUT rescue hounds! But I agree, even if there are not many ragdoll kitties at shelters, there are dozens of adorable kittens waiting and pleading to find a loving home!
    MADDIE, what's with the birthday? Did I miss wishing you a happy one? ANd have you ever had a Doctors Kracker? Crunchy and delicious and I have one about every 2 1/2 weeks or maybe less!
    IRENE: I love reading some your adventures, especially Alaska, and thank you for the support! Hope evrything continues to go well from now onward!
    BARBIE: do be sure to let us know how that move is going. As much as I miss my friends, they absolutely ador living on "The Peninsula" ... and you sound as if you always make the most of every turn in life! We would miss you too much so don't leave
    HERE! :blushing:
    Well, my eyes are really closing :yawn: and I'd better wash up before I'm too tired to do that!.
    G'nite all,
    Buzz
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Maddie said:
    Maddie, my post wasn't directed at any one person but the result of a very interesting conversation with the folks at Sportline after my own device racked up an amazing number of calories while I was sleeping. I figured either I was a sleep exerciser or something was very, very wrong with the monitor.

Using the monitor my workouts on my exercise bike were racking up about 50 to 60 more calories burned over a 20 or 25 minute period than the charts said they should. I tried the old formula method (For Women: [(0.6309 x heart rate) + (0.09036 x weight) + (0.2017 x age) - 55.0969] x time divided by 4.184) and they were still off by about the same amount. The tech on Sportline's support line said to subtract about 60 calories for a 20 minute workout and gave the explanation I posted. I figured if I didn't know that, there was a chance other folks didn't know it either.

:smile: We had such a good dinner tonight. A big box of fresh Lake Michigan whitefish arrived today along with six pounds of lake perch fillets. Such a treat.
    I didn't take it personally, I appreciate the info. Now I would like to know what the results of this calculation mean? Is it the actual calories burned? Please cut and paste the instructions regarding taking your resting pulse. For a cheesehead, you sure know a lot!! :drinker:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers!
    we have snow but the sun is out and the temp is above freezing.
    I'll likely post more later. We think our cat is having problems with his heart. If that is the case, we wont let him suffer.
    we will take him tomorrow morning to the vet. Right now he just wants to sleep.
    Have a safe day!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Everyone!! :flowerforyou: I did not win at bingo last night so that was a bummer. :ohwell: I still enjoyed being with my friends so I am blessed. :love:

Our next birthday celebration will be with Maddy on February 13, which is Sunday, after that came Viki who is no longer with us and then Beth on the 24th and Marilyn on the 28th. You can check all birthdays on the Senior Golden Sneakers Birthdays. :heart:

Phoebe, are you home now? I am so sorry about your cat, it is so hard when our animals get sick. :cry:

Connie and Maddie, I am still a little confused. So if I burn 400 calories on my stationary bike I am not supposed to record all those calories? My bike records all the stats, so I am going by that when burning calories.:glasses:

Buzz, now that you have your eyes in good shape you are a typing whiz. :tongue: You bring a lot of smiles to our group, who ever said you had a great smile was correct. :bigsmile:

Gayla, your chicken did sound great, how was it? You are so wonderful with those children you take care of, I know that they give you as much happiness as a grandchild would, even if they are only in your life for such a short time. :brokenheart: You would make a terrific GRANDMOTHER so tell those boys to get busy. :laugh:

Xyla, the walking challenge does sound like a great incentive, but until the weather around her warms up, I will be doing inside exercise. :grumble:

Everyone else, I think of you all and hope your day is going well. If you have lost any weight congratulations, if you have gained any weight today is a new day, we are here for support, just ask. :heart:

The scale finally made a move downhill, will not record until I am sure but I am happy today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Have to get ready for my meeting, have a great day!!
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good Morning all!

Barbie - how's Jake's back? How are you after your marathon Wednesday:wink: I don't think you even notice you're working off over 1,000 calories by now!!!!!!!

Phoebe - sorry about your kitty - even when you know it's the right thing, it's still hard.:frown:

Buzz - oh MY - i don't thnk i could stay up that late at all..........WAIT! yes i can! I was playing Rock Band with my sons, dil and her brother and i DID stay up that late!!!!!! Not for computer stuff though - i think i may have thrown it out the window by then:grumble: you're GOOD! I get SO frustrated with computer stuff. Didn't you say you lived on Long Island? where?

Oh Gayla - don't be in awe of me - be in awe of my FRIENDS!!!!!!!! I was mostly the gofer, tile sawer, grouter (THE dirtiest job), wood and wall paper stripper! My FRIENDS were amazing! A husband sure would have come in hand around then - i think i my have actually asked 2 or 3 Home Depot employes to marry me during that year!!!!:blushing:

Irene - i agree with Connie - the shelter is a great place to get cats. Probably not a ragdoll (my Dad and his wife had 2 of those. They were beautiful but so expensive), but a great (neutered!) cat who will love to help you out with the mouse problem! I was having a bad bunny problem (i didn't get to tell Jeffrey about it:ohwell: ) and acquired 4 (some days 3 or 5:huh: ) barn cats that seem to help somewhat. Also my son brings their blue heelers over once or twice a week to patrol the grounds!

Sandy - I "strayed" off my program a little last night - not awful - met a friend for appetizers and drinks - but made it mostly about the conversation. I did have a glass of wine which was pretty tasty! Anyway, i still stayed under my 1,000 calories and i'm down another 1/2 pound this morning. I'm not posting it yet though - like you i don't believe it 'till it stays for a few days!

Going for a visit with baby Kodi this afternoon:bigsmile: after the gym. I'm SO SO lucky and grateful these kids stayed so close! I haven't seen Katalina in almost a month now and i MISS her - she's changing so much every day. Her mom is great about sending me daily pictures - but she won't remember me next time i see her. My S/S is still away in Utah - I'll go to Springs this weekend if he's still not home - if he is i want them to have their "space" to reunite! It's been over 2 weeks - not Iraq, but still not fun!

Have a great Friday eve everyone! the weekend is close!:drinker: elli
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Sandy, do you still have as much snow as you did? The pics you posted were amazing.:smile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    A lot of posting to catch up with since I went to bed last night. You gals have been busy.

We got a phone call from Jerry new doctor called this morning and he has an appt with him Ssaturday Morning at 8:30 AM And he used the hospitals close by. we were afraid it would be out of our town . so that will be nice. I can drive here if necesaary. He just got back from getting a Haircut. So he is reading.

Buzz I think I need to cook me some beans. My doctor recomend . me to eat a cup a day of beans. I just have not spent the time to cook any.
    I have put me on a challange
    This week I will increase my water for a week and next week make anther challenge to do something else I love the ideal X of walking a mile a day. What is that link? Can anyone think of some challenge I can do a week at time to get me back on track.

We do have a lot of birthdays this month Don't wont to forget any one.

Elli your family is really growing. used to be just the 3 of you now there are 7 of you. Wonderful family.

Gayla remodeling is a lot of work But well worth it. Messy too.

Valentine coming up Monday What 's your sweetheart Mean to you. Mine means the world to me. i love him more each day. even tho I get peeved off at him at times.

Barbie hope jake back is better. These guys hate to admit they they can't do what they used to do.

Connie is Your husband doing alright.?

Irene is you husband able to eat pretty good now with his new choppers.

Gayla hope Dave survive all this remodeling without any problems.

Phoebe, So sorry to hear about your kitty cat. Maybe it is not as bad as you think,

mattie Barbs, Lynn and Buzz you gals really keeps this thead alive. Well really all of the sneakers are keeping thiis going. Love you all. But Mattie, buzz, Lynn and Barbs reall have a sense of humor.
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    Maddie said:
    I didn't take it personally, I appreciate the info. Now I would like to know what the results of this calculation mean? Is it the actual calories burned? Please cut and paste the instructions regarding taking your resting pulse. For a cheesehead, you sure know a lot!! :drinker:

The brain is like a bucket. My problem is, mine is just about full. When I learn new stuff, old stuff (like my kid's names) tends to flow over the side.

Please remember I am not a professional at any of this. I'm just like all of you - trying to figure out why I'm not loosing weight as fast as I think I should be. And the following sounds like a pretty logical explanation to me. Read it - try it for yourself. If I'm all wet, and you can point out the errors in my thinking, please do so.

The simple answer to your question is YES!! - you would subtract your resting calories only if you are relying on a machine to calculate the calories you're burning, like a treadmill, exercise bike, heart rate monitor, etc.

Exercise equipment such as home gyms, pedometers, and pulse monitors are all guessing or estimating calories burned. They use methods that approximate calories burned, sometimes without taking into account that you could be a very lean 6' woman weighing 140 lbs. who has adhered to a weight lifting program (muscle burns more calories than fat) instead of a 4'8" woman who has not been lifting weights but also weighs 140 lbs. Exercise machines that do not factor in whether you are male or female also do not give very accurate estimates of calories burned.

The big problem with using the formula is getting an accurate heart rate reading. You may spend the first ten minutes of your workout at a rate of 90, then go as high as 130 for ten minutes and drop to 110 for the last ten minutes. If you do intervals, it is really hard. So I use the formula to calculate my resting calories burned and then figure out what that number is per minute and subtract from the machine reading.

For Women: [(0.6309 x heart rate) + (0.09036 x weight) + (0.2017 x age) - 55.0969] x time divided by 4.184)

To find out how many calories you body burns at rest you'll need to know your resting heart rate. You can be very still for ten minutes, and then take your pulse. Let's say your resting heart rate is 60. Your weight is 175 pounds and your age is 65.

1) heart rate x 0.6309 (60 x 0.6309 = 37.894)
    2) weight x 0.09036 (175 x 0.09036=15.813)
    3) age x 0.2017 (65 x 0.2017= 13.1105)
    4) Add answers for steps 1 through 3) 37.894+15.813+13.11105 = 66.8175.
    5) Subtract 55.0969 from the total in step 4 (66.8175-55.0969=11.7206
    6)Multiply the answer from step 5 by the amount of time you are checking - let's say 10 minutes - so 117.206.
    7)Divide the answer from step 6 by 4.184 = 28.01.

So, in ten minutes of rest, if you are age 60, weigh 175 pounds and your resting heart rate is 65, you burn 28 calories every ten minutes doing absolutely nothing.

So if you exercise for 10 minutes on a stationary bike, and it says you burned 128 calories in that time, you'd subtract the 28 you would have burned anyway and log the NETamount of 100 calories. The My Fitness Pal site has already calculated those at rest calories for you. If you don't subtract them from your exercise calories you are double dipping. If you are also eating those exercise calories, it would help to explain why weight isn't dropping as fast as you think it should.

I hope the above also answers Sandy's question, too.

Here's another way to look at it. Say someone says they'll pay you $10.00 an hour for doing nothing. Then they say they'll pay you $20.00 an hour for working. If you choose the second option, while you would make $20.00 an hour, you're actually only $10.00 an hour ahead of what you'd have if you do nothing at all. Make sense?
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Marie, the walking challenge that I am doing is called "February Walking Challenge" started by NeuroticVirgo. Apparently, they start a new one each month and you just pick the number of miles that you want to walk that month and make a ticker. It is easier for my to walk than it is for some of you because I have a treadmill that I bought years ago and used mostly as a coat hanger!:laugh: However, it is being put to good use now! I do better on things when I have challenged myself but also have an accountability factor. This is working really well for me because it is keeping me motivated to keep walking. I usually don't walk on the weekends because they are too busy, but I make up for it during the week. If anyone is interested in joining the group now, you would just join and pick the number of miles that you want to walk from this day to the end of the month.
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Elli your family is really growing. used to be just the 3 of you now there are 7 of you. Wonderful family.

Marie - i just love you - how do you keep everything straight?!?!?! yep - my family has gone from 3 to 7! I have a family tattoo that has grown from 3 pieces to 7 so i KNOW it's right:bigsmile:

Connie - you crack me up! My brain is like a bucket too - only i'm pretty sure mine has some holes in it!:embarassed:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    http://www.garynorth.com/public/6791.cfm Check out this 88 year old Mayor in Canada!! You go girl!!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    hi everyone, we are home home home! I will just rest today, and jump into laundry and all the other things to do tomorrow.
    If I had been at home on Feb. 1, I would have weighed myself, as this was the first day on my weight loss plan. I kept telling myself to do it when I got home, and here I am, unweighed!! I will get it done.. it will be a guess-timate but it is good enough.

Assuming things go as I expect they will at the vet, I will go to the gym afterward. I know I will cry, but we have been thru this before, and we agree that the pleasure of pets is worth the pain that comes with losing them.

Marie, I'm glad you are close to the doctor for Jerry's treatment, that is a big help, isn't it?
    Beans sound good to me too., I'll probably have steamed vegetables. Jim wants potato soup, and its a no no for me right now.

Connie, I got lost at the first set of numbers, so I will not even try to adjust my calories burned! That is interesting, that they are all estimates.. I wondered how they measured them.
    Maddie, you are so upbeat, even when you are criticizing yourself, you still make me smile.
    Lynn, sorry your roads are bad, I know the feeling. We are loving this sunshine here..hope we see more of it this weekend.
    Barb, aren't you glad you live way over there? LOL..I miss Washington and Oregon. We don't get there too often.
    Barbie, hope Jake is better by now..we love our chiro. That was so good of you both to help the wayward ferret. Was it a tame one? Maybe someones lost pet. Good to know that Petco took it for you.
    Sandy, isn't it too bad we don't know how to market snow into a usable product? LOL.. the possibilities are probably plentiful, but not practical.
    Xyla, glad you are posting with us, great on the walking challenge..I finally gave my clothes hanger/treadmill to the boy scouts yard sale!!
    Gayla, have you shopped online for your lights? That Sandy is so sweet, isn't she? I'm glad Neil is doing good in both of his homes..why not have two.. lots of people do!!
    Gonna peel potatoes,
    have a good night.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    My little sweet pea wore me out today. He kept pretending that he was going to sleep and the jumping up laughing and climbing all over me. That went on for about an hour. I only took 150 calories for that but I'll bet it was more like 5,000! :wink: He does weigh 20.5 oz. . Here is a picture of that part of my family. Jason, Jen, Mathew and Nate!

FAMILYATCHRISTMAS.jpg

I can hardly keep my eyes open tonight. As Marie had said, I thought I was going to take a nap with Nate but he fooled me....man, am I a whiner or what????

My brother says that the medicine is helping his shingles. He finally got some sleep by sleeping on top of everything so nothing would touch his chest. :frown:

We are supposed to get 30's by Saturday and by Sunday, which you all know is my birthday...40's!! What a gift :bigsmile:

I'm going to start taking notes when I'm reading so that I don't forget what I want to say when I'm typing. :huh: