Senior Golden Sneakers - February 2011

Options

Replies

• xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow - I was unable to get on my computer for a couple of days and now feel like I am really out of the loop. Congratulations to all of the Packers fans. We watched the game at one of my sons' home. I have seven sons and one daughter. Five of my boys were there along with two of my daughters-in-law and a couple of friends. My boys did all of the cooking - it was wonderful. I just had to show up and enjoy the game on their big screen TV and eat the food that they had prepared. I loved it! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Sandy, the darling picture of Daisy on the couch with you and your hubby is another reason you should have stayed home to watch the Super Bowl......Daisy is the best company of all......our doggies loved being on the couch watching with us :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barb, I loved the thought of the Steelers selling turnovers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Maddie, after more than 30 years of teaching primary grades, i loved the story of the child and the boots.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    ROFLOL! @ Maddie's little boots joke.
    sandy, that Daisy is so cute, and she knows it too! Lol, what a charmer she is.
    funny to see her trying to lick the snow off of her face!
    my dreams have been full of critters. Last night cats and kittens, the night before, dogs of all kinds and a black bear.i saw the bear from my window, knew my dogs were outdoor side playing, so I ran to my father to tell him about the bear, he says get the gun and shoot it. I say nooo not the poor little bear! So I look out the window again, the bear turns to look at me, and I ran back to my father and aid,its not a bear, its a man in a bear costume....Ill get the gun!
    Options
    Hi xyla and Barbie glad you enjoyed the game. Xyla my husband is one of seven children, we have huge family gatherings and are all closeknit. So glad they cook too lol! Barbie, who did the dogs bark for? Lol did they howl during halftime, I think most of the critics did! We had breakfast at Cowboys this morning, thats all they talked about on the morning news show-halftime!
    marie, let us know when you can, we love you. Hope that snow is melted, be super careful!
    Be safe
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good morning everyone and congrats to Packers fans! Which - i actually ended up being after hearing their story on CNN - being a non profit, community owned and how that came about! Thanks for sharing that with all of us Connie! The commercials were good too. I was texting my S/S while i was watching and he was amazed i was watching - also i didn't want to miss Glee!:tongue:

Buzz - i think maybe we got the quote thing down! Go US! :smile:

Gayla - omg, just reading your posts right now takes me back to the house renovation days - i feel your pain and don't envy you! Even the shopping for new stuff - too darn many choices and i don't like to shop! It's al worth it in the end but i'm SO glad it's done. Hope yours isn't going to take as long as mine did and at least you didn't have to move out! So sorry about the lost baby - oh that has to be hard. I've been so lucky as a doula not to have gone through that. Glad you like my baby stories 'cause they'll probably keep on coming!

Barb - good joke making up!

Maddie - LOVE the winter boots story!

Sandy - Daisy's poor little feet and legs!!!!!!! That snow sure did stick to her coat! I love the picture of the 3 of you on the couch!

X - omg, when you said 5 of your boys i had to go back and look at your profile - you're Super Mom!!!!! 8 kids - where does your daughter fit in age wise in all those boys? Was she ever "allowed" by her brothers to date???? i bet her dates were intimidated!:noway: That's awesome that they cooked and you got to be "queen" mom!

Marie - news on Jerry?

I'm frustrated you guys - been doing everything right - even when i ate out this weekend i didn't finish my food, OR bring it home and i worked out enough to work it all off. I'm below 1000 calories a day right now and this week i lost less than 1/2 a pound. :sad: I'm not giving up - just wanting some reinforcement! It's hard this time 'cause like Barbie and Sandy were saying (i think?) people can't tell that i gained the weight, so they can't tell that i'm losing, so i'm not getting THAT reinforcement. I know - i sound like a way baby. I'll get off my soapbox now.:grumble: I'm just going to keep doing what i've been doing.........

Happy Monday all - lets have a great week! Where IS Jeffrey? does anyone know?

:heart: elli
    Options
    Elli ,lots of people wiser than me on here, but how about fluid retention? Maybe fast one day with liquids only and lots of them?
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

I'm frustrated you guys - been doing everything right - even when i ate out this weekend i didn't finish my food, OR bring it home and i worked out enough to work it all off. I'm below 1000 calories a day right now and this week i lost less than 1/2 a pound. :sad: I'm not giving up - just wanting some reinforcement! It's hard this time 'cause like Barbie and Sandy were saying (i think?) people can't tell that i gained the weight, so they can't tell that I'm losing, so I'm not getting THAT reinforcement. I know - i sound like a way baby. I'll get off my soapbox now.:grumble: I'm just going to keep doing what i've been doing.........

Happy Monday all - lets have a great week! Where IS Jeffrey? does anyone know?

I know exactly how you feel Elli!! But we will perservere!!

You can catch Jeffrey on twitter, he lets you know where he is every minute. :laugh: :laugh: jeffrey1598
  • elli
    Options
    Phoebe - thanks for that suggestion - i've actually considered an all fruit day - don't know if i could handle only fluids........

Sandy - thanks for the encouraging words - yes yes, we WILL persevere! Thanks also for letting me know Jeffrey is all right!

elli
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Buzz - i think maybe we got the quote thing down! Go US! :smile:

I'm frustrated you guys - been doing everything right - even when i ate out this weekend i didn't finish my food, OR bring it home and i worked out enough to work it all off. I'm below 1000 calories a day right now and this week i lost less than 1/2 a pound. :sad: I'm not giving up - just wanting some reinforcement! It's hard this time 'cause like Barbie and Sandy were saying (i think?) people can't tell that i gained the weight, so they can't tell that i'm losing, so i'm not getting THAT reinforcement. I know - i sound like a way baby. I'll get off my soapbox now.:grumble: I'm just going to keep doing what i've been doing.........

Yes, elli, we done good!
    You sound like me before I started with my nutritionist who said my body was in reserve mode because I was consuming way below 1200 calories a day! When she put me on her menu, I lost about a pound per week, but have come to a halt since New Years! I see her on the 17th, and hope she can get me moving down again!
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and here is her suggestions: Take a CHOICE of each area
    BREAKFAST

Fruit serving .....1 Orange, apple, cantaloupe, 1/2 banana, 1/2 grapefruit, honeydew

Starch..................1 toast, bagel (1/2 or 15 gr), 1/2 english muffin, waffle 4 1/2”, Oatmeal-

1/4 c dry or 1/2 c cooked.

Meat.....................2 egg, (1/4 c.1% cottage cheese, 1/2 c greek NonFat yogurt) (1c = 2 servings), 1 egg

plus 2 eggwhites =2 servings. 4 eggwhites, Canadian bacon

Fat.........................1 margerine 1 tsp, butter 1 tsp, cream cheese 1 TBSP, creamer (2)

snack........................... 1 oz lo sodium cheese, 2 whole grain crackers

LUNCH

Fruit 1 pineapple, raisins 2 TBSP, Grapes 15 sm, prunes 3

Vegetables...........2 1/2 c cooked, 1 c raw......gr beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage

Starch...................1 rice 1/3 c, pasta 1/2 c, bread,wh wheat 1 sl , sandwich thins 1, baked

potato, 1 small

Meat.......................3 1 oz lean meat, 1 oz low fat cheese, reduced fat peanutbutter 2TBSP

Fat 1 margerine 1 tsp, mayonnaise 1 tsp, butter 1 tsp. creamer 2

Milk ...................... 1% , skim 1 cup, 2 % milk 1 cup (incl 1 fat)
    FREE FOODS coffee, tea, diet jelly, lemon, diet syrup

snack........................... 1 oz lo sodium cheese, 2 whole grain crackers

LUNCH

Fruit 1 pineapple, raisins 2 TBSP, Grapes 15 sm, prunes 3

Vegetables...........2 1/2 c cooked, 1 c raw......gr beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage

Starch...................1 rice 1/3 c, pasta 1/2 c, bread,wh wheat 1 sl , sandwich thins 1, baked

potato, 1 small

Meat.......................3 1 oz lean meat, 1 oz low fat cheese, reduced fat peanutbutter 2TBSP

Fat 1 margerine 1 tsp, mayonnaise 1 tsp, butter 1 tsp. creamer 2

Milk ...................... 1% , skim 1 cup, 2 % milk 1 cup (incl 1 fat
    Free......................... coffee, tea, diet dressing, lettuce salad, broth

snack low fat string cheese, light ‘n’ lively no sugar yogurt

DINNER

Fruit.........................1 apple, grapes 12-15

Vegetables...............2 1/2 c cooked, 1 c raw, mushrooms, tomato juice or V8 l/s, tomato

Meat..........................3 tuna in water 1/4 c, poultry no skin 1 oz, fish 1 oz

Fat.............................1 avocado 1/5, sour cream 2 TBSP, olives 10 sm, oil 1 tsp, peanuts 10

Milk........................... 1%, 2%, skim 1 c, L/F buttermilk

Free Foods................ catsup 1 TBSP, vinegar, whipped topping 2 TBSP 1 cup

Rules for buying prepared foods:(breads, crackers, cereals, etc)

Protein should be more than sugar.

At least 3 grams Fiber

Under 5 grams Fat

1200 calories per day

no more than 25 gr fat per day ( I usually exceed this!)

no more than 2000 gr sodium per day

Some things you have to figure out, like how much milk you can have. When you have blood work done, tell your doctor you need to know your calcium count, as mine hovers around 11. So I cannot have too much milk or take calcium pills. And all breads I eat and grains are whole grain and whole wheat! Try for 100%. It’s not a diet, but a lifestyle that is a healthy one! And you may need more than my 1200 calories . I found the Pepperidge Farm or Arnol Sandwich Thins are great for lunch, and Toufayan (the Pita people) make a whole Wheat SmartBagel that I have with my breakfast coffee. On Sundays, I cheat with homemade whole grain waffles at
    breakfast. It has mostly worked fine for me! If you have questions, I'll try to answer them. PROTEINS and lo-sodium are important!

SANDY: Memories, memories! My poodles were mini size but the snow clinging to their fur looks the same! 36 years gone by!

PHOEBE: glad the name tickles your fancy! Just added my town to an old college nickname, and it's a perfect internet moniker!

GAYLA: I can actually read and type again (actually, I'm a typing-pecker :frown: ) and I cannot believe how blind I felt befor this lid-lift!
    And really, though I look black and blue and still a bit swollen, there's been NO PAIN! I'd recommend this strongly when
    necessary!

X: my mom was one of 8 sisters with 1 brother plunk in between the 2 sets of 4! Was he spoiled!

MADDIE: GREAT JOKE...GRRRRrrrr!

MARIE: Did I see you got the results somewhere? I missed something!

Rushing to get to the dermatologist so he can pay his rent! I forgot how I used the Word function to remember and fixx everything, but eventually, it'll all come together!
    Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    noBuzz you have not missed any poating from me. I got an old fart for a husband. He is waiting on them to called him . Says it was not him that missed last Thurs appt. It was them that didn't show up. Stubborn as a mule. I am going to have one more go at it this affternoon.Thanks for showing us those menus you are going by. Sounds like a good plan. You do a lot of exercise in.

I got about an hour of walkin in Walmart this morning. Had to go way down on one side and back up to the groceries section. They have remoldel and had to do a lot of backtrack.
  • elli
    Options
    Buzz - thank you so much for the menu suggestions! I think if by next monday I still haven't lost weight i'll go ahead and try a drastic change like that!

Marie - you made me laugh, calling Jerry and "old fart"!:laugh:

elli
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie, I need another lesson in the snipping tool. After I draw a circle around what i want to get, How do I post it somewhere???????????????????
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Marie posted
    Connie, I need another lesson in the snipping tool. After I draw a circle around what i want to get, How do I post it somewhere???????????????????

Are we talking quotes again or something else Marie??
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Marie posted

Are we talking quotes again or something else Marie??

something else Sandy. I am pretty sure Connie told us about it The Snippimg tool.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    To all godlen sneakers
    .Jerry goes to the dr. tomrrow afternoon. They called him!!! Now it has me worry .

I just found out that we did failed Vicki I just look up on her profile and not a one of us asked to be her friends includeing me. And I feel so bad she felt that way.. In fact it said she has no friends as of yet. And thats not true we are all her friends Just overlooked that part of it. As for me I just usally go to the profile to send a message instead of looking up on my friends list. No wonder she felt like she did. I just sent My request to be her friend and hopes she accept I am so sorry vicki that this happen. Love marie

Look like we need a welcome commitee Any vollunteirs?????????
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    I am reading your posts. Have been battling another headache. Didn't sleep but 2 hours last night.
    Just wanted you to know because I am not disappearing..:noway:
    I did want to pop in and tell Marie that I hope things aren't as bad as you are fearing. I will be thinking of you.:flowerforyou:
    To all the rest. I have enjoyed the stories and the teasing about Turnovers and as soon I can stay on here long enough will go through the Quote lesson.
    The jokes are good too and ALL funny stories.
    As for weight loss. I have not went down any since December. Yes I am watching calories. It's just me and my system. So tips for staying with it. You just have to buck up and no matter what a ticker or scale does or does not do. Just know that eventually you beat it. I have had these deals before ..."this to, shall pass"...
    Congratulations to all who have lost. All the new ones too. I haven't been on here that long myself and I felt really bad about Vicki. :cry:
    Assandra, I was glad to see you were on here and safe. I was watching the huge cyclone in your area. Very Scary!
    I don't mean to leave anyone out. I would be happy to friend anyone.:smile:

We have 5 inches of snow and if hadn't melted during the day, it would be more like 8 inches.
    Be careful Phoebe, I know you are on the road..

All the rest take care...keep the humor and the stories and the smiles going!
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello ladies, I was able to read up on some of the posts, not all as yet, but some.

Calicat, Sandy, Phoebe, Elli and Barbiecat, thanks for the praise on my efforts. Yes some days are really hard to get in the mood to do the gym, but getting there is all that matters. I do enjoy it once I get started. I'm hoping to drop 25 pounds by summer (July) and keep the gym as a habit.

I have a good friend that is trying also to loose some weight and gain some strength, she works out in my gym every other day.
    This helps me to stay focused and keep my motivation up.

ELLI your title " technologically challenged classic" is classy, I love it!!

Catch all you gals and guys tomorrow, I have to get to bed soon.
    :heart: to all of you

Marilyn
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    To all godlen sneakers
    .Jerry goes to the dr. tomrrow afternoon. They called him!!! Now it has me worry .

I just found out that we did failed Vicki I just look up on her profile and not a one of us asked to be her friends includeing me. And I feel so bad she felt that way.. In fact it said she has no friends as of yet. And thats not true we are all her friends Just overlooked that part of it. As for me I just usally go to the profile to send a message instead of looking up on my friends list. No wonder she felt like she did. I just sent My request to be her friend and hopes she accept I am so sorry vicki that this happen. Love marie

Look like we need a welcome commitee Any vollunteirs?????????
    Don't feel bad Marie, I was one of her friends. She deleted all of us and all of her information. We didn't let her down that hard! She needed more than we could give, that's all. Now smile and think good thoughts for you and "Old fart". :laugh:
    Options
    I agree with you Maddie. Marie, go back and really read her goodbye post. She was critical of our posts, weather and whatever. That is not being supportive to comment like that, no matter whether she received adequate support. As far as friending her, I dont usually do that myself. Just never got into it. Maybe i can later.
    Options
    Marie, I hope you two can rest tonight, I know you are worried, but it won't help , so try to rest up.
    Lynn, I'm so sorry about your headache. Hope it is gone by the time you read this.
    ok, im gone now.