Senior Golden Sneakers - February 2011

Options

Replies

• elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    omygosh! it WORKED! Thanks everyone! for all your help! now i just have to REMEMBER how to do it!!!!!:blushing:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    [Instead of hitting the "reply" button, just hit the "quote" button. The post you're responding to will appear but there will be brackets with the word quote at the beginning and the end./]

Connie, is THIS the way to do it? I'm not certain where I click the bracket and forward slash, but if you are patient, I will practice!

I really wanted to QUOTE your Thoreau, as it's one of my favorites! (my second husband's ashes are buried beside Walden Pond!)
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Connie, is THIS the way to do it? I'm not certain where I click the bracket and forward slash, but if you are patient, I will practice!

I really wanted to QUOTE your Thoreau, as it's one of my favorites!

(my second husband's ashes are buried beside Walden Pond!)

Also, although I clicked the quote on one post, my own errored post came up! :ohwell:
    Buzz (also not a dork, just technically challenged!)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I’m not emotionally involved in the Super Bowl because the two teams have not sentimental value at all for me, but I’m cheering for the Packers.

:flowerforyou: Elli, I am enjoying hearing about all your experiences with your new grandchildren…..I remember how eager you were for the babies to be born so I’m so glad that they are doing well and bringing you so much joy….I will never be like Jeffrey, but thank you for the compliment……all my workouts are low impact, low intensity…..slow and steady wins the race….I’m sure your kids love the homemade food……I stopped listening to the people who told me that I didn’t need to lose any more weight and kept focused on my own goal…..you can do it…..congratulations on figuring out how to quote somebody else.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I know how frustrated you and Jerry must be waiting for the test results……I am continuing to think happy thoughts for good results:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, thank you for your kind and encouraging words…..I read today that 98% of people who lose weight, gain some or all of it back again…..I don’t ever want to think that my success so far has made me immune to the possibility of getting distracted and abandoning my good habits…I have to rededicate myself every day or it’s possible to go back to old behaviors……I’m sorry that you can’t stay home and watch the Super Bowl……that’s what we do and we love it……we even turned down an invitation to a Super Bowl party today….when we stay home we can control what we eat so we don’t end up with a ton of salty unhealthy stuff

:flowerforyou: Viki, I am sorry that I was somewhat preoccupied and absent when you started posting…..I would have loved to add you as a friend, congratulate you on your weight loss success, and get to know you better

:flowerforyou: JoAn, when you are recovering from major surgery, taking it easy is part of the process……you weren’t being lazy at all…..and your rest seems to have done you good….happy birthday to your daughter

:flowerforyou: Connie, thank you for the heartwarming story about your DIL and the Packers…….now I really have a reason to cheer for them….congratulations on your weight loss

:flowerforyou: Marilyn, I admire how you can work so many hours and still find time to work out.

:flowerforyou: Irene, congratulations to your granddaughter on her upcoming wedding

:flowerforyou: Maddie, how sad you must be for your brother and all his illness. Is he far away? Can you go spend time with him? Please know that we all care even from far away and through cyberspace….remember, never, never, never give up…….my mother had shingles and it was very painful……the day my doctor told me about the shingles vaccine, Jake and I went and got it even though it was expensive.

:flowerforyou: Gayla, congratulations on your weight loss.

:flowerforyou: Xyla, welcome to the group……I’d love to find out more about you….I see that you’ve made a great start on your weight loss journey.

:drinker: we continue to be busy packing and cleaning along with all the other daily chores.....i found time to get the dogs to the dog park.....we're trying to stay in the moment and not get ahead of ourselves......not an easy thing to do
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    Buzz (also not a dork, just technically challenged!)

My mother always said, "The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Once, again, never, never, never give up
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    The above is a demonstration of using free form quote boxes. I used the [ quote ] [ /quote ] containers in front of and behind each line I wanted to appear in a blue box and then typed my comment right after.

Ouch, is MY head spinning!
    Hey thanks Barb, Connie(and her little lambs), Marie, Sandy, Maddie(? ), and Elli (you got it before I did!).
    But now, Connie, where did all the extra [quotes] come from???

Buzz---did I get it now?
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for rooting for my Packers. The Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned franchise in American professional sports major leagues. Not many people know that. And should the team ever be sold (and it won't), the proceeds would go to the Green Bay Packers Foundation, which makes donations to many charities and institutions throughout Wisconsin. It is truly a team of the people.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Well, they dunnit didnt they! Hope you all enjoyed it.
    Maddie, you can backslide if you choose to, but dont leave us, you are a great poster, and we need you here.
    i ate chkn wings during the game, breaded ones. Oooppps, not on my plan, but it wont knock me off the path.
    Delraybuzz, I love your name, buzz! And your very happy photo. Hope all of you got your quotes lesson down, there will be a test, jk lol!
    have a great night, bedtime for me
    Options
    Thank you everyone for rooting for my Packers. The Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned franchise in American professional sports major leagues. Not many people know that. And should the team ever be sold (and it won't), the proceeds would go to the Green Bay Packers Foundation, which makes donations to many charities and institutions throughout Wisconsin. It is truly a team of the people.

Thanks for this info, I had no idea. Ill tell my dh too
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a lot of posts today. I read them and enjoyed them all. Proud of you all for mastering a new skill! The deconstruction continues!! Dave says I don't look very good but it is just my usual sinus allergies associated with dust and there is some of that as they tear out boards. I think I looked better as they day progressed. We watched the SuperBowl, glad the Packers took it home for your dil, Connie. To be honest, I enjoyed the commercials more than the game but I was playing games on the IPad at the same time. I love so many sports but have never taken much of an interest in football.

Thanks for your kind remarks, my friends! I really wasn't looking for them but liked them anyway.

Maddie -- So sad for your brother. Sometimes it seems like one person gets overloaded with crisis and it does not seem fair. I have had shingles, fortunately it was caught very early and the medication I took worked very well. I understand the earlier in the illness, the better the response. It still had me off work for 2 weeks and was very uncomfortable. I will include your brother (and you) in my prayers tonight. I also hope that we can meet your needs a little better. I love your posts and look forward to them everyday. You are important to us. Please feel free to share as much as you like. This group has been a tremendous support to me as my son, Neil, has gone through surgery after surgery. I don't think they will ever know how much they boosted both his and my spirits when the going got tough.

Buzz -- I am hoping that no mention of your eyes means they are serving you well!

Phoebe and Sandy -- Thanks for your kindness. If Dave stays cranky I may head South without him!! Tomorrow I have to start looking for new fixtures and new entryway lights. I don't like the ones we bought 20 years ago when we built the house. The problem I am facing is that we have gold trim on most of our lights and gold is completely out now!! I have not been able to find any with gold for the entryway. Now I have decided to look for a stained glass effect which will tie in with the dining room. We have quite an open plan so there is no way I can change one area without changing the other which is way more than I want to do!! Too much information, sorry!

Marie -- I hope you and Jerry get good news tomorrow. I will be thinking about you.

Elli -- Your baby stories make me smile. I think I have given up on my kids having babies. Sniff, sniff!!

One of the babies that I have been working with died this past week. I am so sad for the life she never got to experience and sad for her parents who loved her so much.

To everyone else, loved your posts, thinking about you but for now it is time to sign off. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, All.

Well Connie, Is that you I see dancing a happy jig with all the other Cheeseheads? It was an excellent game. After it was over, I thought up a joke that Steeler Fans probably won't appreciate:

Did you hear how the "Steelers" plan to keep busy during the off season?

They have decided to open a bakery--for those TURNOVERS they made during the the game!!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry "Baker", er I mean "Steeler" fans.

The creation I described in my previous post turned out well. The only thing I should have gone a little easier on was the Jalapeño peppers that I included with the other veggies I mentioned. Thanks to the beer, they weren't overwhelming.

I had fresh blueberries and pineapple for dessert.

Well, it is late, so I am going to call it a night.

Barb
    Options
    Lol@ Barb!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options

Thanks for this info, I had no idea. Ill tell my dh too

Thanks Connie for this information, You have help us in so many waays. Marie
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mary had a little lamb whose coat was white as snow
    To which I say, Mary and her lamb couldn't have lived in Missouri
    And every where that Mary went, her lamb was sure to go
    Bet Mary didn't eat out much.
    It followed her to school one day which was against the rule
    Wonder how it got on the school bus
    It made the children laugh and play to see a lamb at school
    I thought school was for learning, not laughing and playing.

The above is a demonstration of using free form quote boxes. I used the [ quote ] [ /quote ] containers in front of and behind each line I wanted to appear in a blue box and then typed my comment right after.

Thing of the quote containers as clumsy parenthesis.
    Rachel: Thank you and a very good presentation!!!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    CopyofSmilebox_2394713.jpg
    Smilebox_2394709.jpg
    Smilebox_2394715.jpg

While we were watching the Super Bowl, Daisy was out playing in the snow, this is the result. She was fine after toweling, blow dryer and defrosting, only to want to go out an play again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Mary had a little lamb whose coat was white as snow
    To which I say, Mary and her lamb couldn't have lived in Missouri
    And every where that Mary went, her lamb was sure to go
    Bet Mary didn't eat out much.
    It followed her to school one day which was against the rule
    Wonder how it got on the school bus
    It made the children laugh and play to see a lamb at school
    I thought school was for learning, not laughing and playing.

Thing of the quote containers as clumsy parenthesis.
    Madddie you are getting so smart Marie
    Rachel: Thank you and a very good presentation!!!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Winter Boots

(Anyone who has ever dressed a child will love this)

Did you hear about the teacher who was helping one of her reception class pupils put on his boots?
    He asked for help and she could see why.
    Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on.
    By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat.

She almost cried when the little boy said, 'Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.'
    She looked, and sure enough, they were.
    It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on.
    She managed to keep her cool as, together, they worked to get the boots back on, this time on the correct feet.

He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'

She bit her tongue, rather than get right in his face and scream, 'Why didn't you say so? ' like she wanted to.
    Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet.
    No sooner had they gotten the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's boots. My Mum made me wear 'em.'

Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry.
    But she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again.

Helping him into his coat, she asked, 'Now, where are your mittens?'
    He said, 'I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots.'

She will be eligible for parole in three years.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Funny Stuff Maddie!!!! I love it!!!

Congratulations Packers!! You played a great game and we know someone in heaven was smiling!!!:heart: (I am sure Connie was crying, but tears of joy!!!) I did win $50 in a football pool so I was happy. :love:

Looks like the lesson in quotes has been good, good teaching Barb and Connie!!

Forgive me for not addressing everyone personally, but my brain is tired and I can't remember all the posts. :noway:

Have a great day and remember to record those calories, exercise and drink lots of water.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    CopyofSmilebox_2394713.jpg
    Smilebox_2394709.jpg
    Smilebox_2394715.jpg

While we were watching the Super Bowl, Daisy was out playing in the snow, this is the result. She was fine after toweling, blow dryer and defrosting, only to want to go out an play again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Funny Stuff Maddie!!!! I love it!!!

Congratulations Packers!! You played a great game and we know someone in heaven was smiling!!!:heart: (I am sure Connie was crying, but tears of joy!!!) I did win $50 in a football pool so I was happy. :love:

Looks like the lesson in quotes has been good, good teaching Barb and Connie!!

Forgive me for not addressing everyone personally, but my brain is tired and I can't remember all the posts. :noway:

Have a great day and remember to record those calories, exercise and drink lots of water.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Sandy yes we seems to have that down pretty good. I notice we have almost 170 post so far thsi month. At this rate we will reach 5oo way before the end of the month.
    Have a nice day.