Senior Golden Sneakers - February 2011

Options

Replies

• Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    A quick Hi again tonight. I am very tired. Neil was Mr. CrankyPants today. I know he is trying to find something that will make me say he should come home. I just don't feel our house is safe for him right now with all the renovations. He would have to climb stairs for the bathroom and his bedroom and although he thinks he could do it, I don't think so. He has several stitches in his toe and a pin sticking out the end. Patience is not his strong suit. Mostly I am patient but he was testing me today!!

Marie -- Thinking about you and Jerry. So glad he has transportation. Thanks to Connie for sharing her ingsight. I am sure that will make you feel more comfortable.

Sandy -- Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the step daughter, just remember to breathe!!

Irene -- Your granddaughter is lovely.

I really will catch up with the rest of you soon. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart: :heart:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Yay Buzz!! On 5 lbs down and out!! Hugs to Marie, Jerry, and Gayla
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. You all appear to lead such active lives so I'll do my best not to prattle on too much. You do make me smile when you say you can hear my accent because I'm thinking you are the ones with the wonderful accents:flowerforyou:

Sandy ~ Thanks for commenting on my calorie intake. It's something I have never realised until now because it does seem a contradiction to be eating more to lose weight. I'm taking your advice and am off to the local farm shop in a while to buy some bread and smoked bacon so I can enjoy a bacon sandwich for my lunch. Far more satisfying than some dry old crispbread! Yes, the hens were originally obtained to produce a few eggs and my first few came from a battery farm that was sending them off for slaughter. They were wonderful girls and I could see how much they appreciated being outside in the fresh air enjoying the sunshine and real earth to scratch. I've currently got six and one of those is really my neighbour's but she decided she preferred my garden and henhouse so we've given up trying to get her to stay next door. I don't get many eggs at the moment as our cold weather had them crossing their legs and saving energy to keep warm but I live in hope!!
    ! don't know the background to your stepdaughter so will just say try to keep your cool if she says/does anything to annoy then smile sweetly and feel it soak down to your toes so all will be well with the world!!!

Marie ~ We have Asda stores here that are owned by Walmart. Next time I'm in there I'll rummage through their shelves and see what I can discover. Gosh, that Medicare is a help isn't it but not so good if you have serious health issues. Our National Health Service is quite good and free but private care is far superior, not that I can afford it!!

Elli ~ You are so right about growing my own produce. It's incredibly satisfying to see the shoots appearing and when we pop down there on a summer's afternoon to pick beans or sweetcorn and dig some potatoes can't beat the feeling of achievement. Money isn't everything is it??

Phoebe ~ I'm a cat person too. I have three, a brother and sister called Jasper and Hebe and Boris, a senior boy that I adopted from a rescue centre last year. He was there because his owner had to go into care so won my heart on that story alone. He's a bit of a bruiser and took a while to settle in as he has never shared a house with other cats before. Luckily Jasper and Hebe are gentle souls and ran rather than dare to confront Boris in battle mode!! All is calm now as they've got used to each other.

Connie ~ Thanks for the information on posting. I'll do some experimenting. Sounds easy ~ huh!!!:laugh:

As ever, thanks to everyone for the support, advice, laughs and yes, sharing the somber moments too. My weigh in tomorrow so could be a bad day. Fingers crossed not!

Jackie:flowerforyou:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Man, is it windy here today! I feel like the big bad wolf is huffing and puffing to blow my house down! I told my DH that I kept hearing something banging in the night. Of course, he thought it was my imagination. Low and behold, he found a broken shutter laying in the side yard this morning.....:bigsmile:

I was going to go out today but I don't know, now that I've lost 9 and actually 10 lbs, I may just be lifted up and away! Now that I think about it, that sound like fun :laugh:

Later everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: if you happen to read this Vikie Happy birthday to you. Have a good one!

:flowerforyou: Jackie I love reading about the life in England.. very interesting and you tell it so well. Happy you join us.

:flowerforyou: Phoebe good day to you. Love all the nice post you have been doing,

:flowerforyou: Gayla, sorry to hear Neil is giving you a hard time. But be strong for he really need to learn to cope with his new home. He has adjusted pretty well. i know it really upset you more than it does him deep down,

:flowerforyou::flowerforyou: Buzz i am doing real good on upping my fiber, But yesterday I surely did run over on my sodium So need to watch that.
    Sems that fruit is a good choice of fiber. So I am getting at least 3 fruit in a day. 2 to 3 cups of veggies in. Mind you I still have some imprvement to make. But will continue to work on it.
    :heart:
    congrats on the 5 lbs.lost,:heart:

:flowerforyou: Sandy,You really cheer me up.

:flowerforyou: Maddie You really make me laugh. Enjoy every post of yours. yip yip your lbs are adding up too. YAY YAY:heart::drinker: :drinker: :heart:

:flowerforyou: Connie you have been so kind to help us all out. I feel like if I need to know something you are Johnny on the stop. I sure do appreciate you so much. You need to be our secretary You do such a good job of keeping us informed. I Went to silver sneakers here It is a good thing. Since I am not driving I quit going. and it was upstairs and it just gave me out. Now they have moved to another place and it is on the lower floor but haven't made it out yet Now they have open another one that has a swinning pool But dont know weather I can get in and out of it. so I will just continue to have my little walk at home.Today I will get my exercise on getting my wash done and general house cleaning

Have a good day and thanks everyone on you support and kindness on this time of Jerry and my life. This unknown is worst than knowing the worst. It seems that they are just drawing it out, God bless
    you all

Gotta get busy.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    I did my hour of laps at Fred Meyer this morning. Like I said before…I’ll be glad when it gets warm enough to walk outside. There is a terrific track ½ block from my house. It circles a big ball field which is big enough that it sometimes has eight or more soccer games going at once. There is a walk through the middle so I can do half the track or all of it. The first stretch (about two blocks) is a little uphill which is hard for me…but the rest is a piece of cake.

PAM. It sounds like we have a something in common. My little GREAT granddaughter, Mariah (5 last December) calls me “Granny” and we have loads of fun. We have tea parties, shop, read, do crafts, and all the things her mother and grandmother don’t have time or patience to do. And her favorite is watching cartoons while I rub, scratch, and tickle her back. I have one other GREAT grandchild, Dalton that I haven’t seen. He’s almost brand new. I hope I will get to see him in Oregon. There are some “family dynamics” that may prevent that, but I can hope. Give Ruby a hug for me. What fun she must be. Oh, yes, and I see you have more. Aren’t kids fun!!

MY GRANDCHILDREN have “outgrown” my antics and have “better” things do but they still love me just in an older way …and they live too far away. My youngest grandchildren are James (2) who lives in Alaska and Jeremiah (4) who lives in Oregon. I will get to see Jeremiah soon as I’m spending a week there to do his daddy’s construction bookkeeping records. All the other grands are at least mid-teen and older. Oldest is thirty (Mariah’s mother).

MY POOR RALPH fell a couple of days ago and hurt his arm pretty bad. I was afraid it was broken, but he wouldn’t go have it checked out. It is looking some better. I was so thankful for cell phones. He had his with him in the backyard and was able to call me so I could come out and help him get up. Otherwise it might have been awhile before I thought about going out to check on him. I’ve decided to open back curtains and keep an eye on him when he goes back there from now on. He isn't always steady on his feet since he had strokes a couple of years ago.

Well, I think I hear my house calling. It’s saying, “Irene, come clean me!” :frown: All of you have a wonderful day. :smile: God Bless.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! My step daughter arrived yesterday near dinner time but my son from Arizona surprised me with a phone call in the morning asking if he could come play with Daisy. :laugh: He got a load from Arizona to our suburbs and will be here until Tuesday morning. He was going to leave Monday but we are celebrating my 16 year old grand daughter's birthday Monday night. So good to see him. :heart: :heart: In lieu of my company I did not exercise yesterday but didn't do too bad in going over my calories. I did manage to exercise today so I will have extra calories for the veggie spaghetti my step daughter is making. :drinker:

I will try and catch up with everyone but with trying to keep everyone happy it might be difficult.

Have a great day!!
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Oh! I just got another MFP'er on facebook. It's nice because we can share pictures easier than here, but it will never replace MFP :noway: If anyone's interested I'm Irene Liberty.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Been reading over the previous posts and I can't help but think that we are kind of our own Red Hat club. The Red Hats around here sure seem to have fun. They have silly names for each other like Princess Pettipot, and Queen Mother of Pearl.

Since most of us are ladies of a certain age, remember when we wouldn't think of going to church without wearing a hat? Remember new Easter outfits complete with gloves, new purse and hat all matching? Remember Crinolins worn under skirts with a minimum of three yards of fabric, gathered and sewn into a waistband? Remember saddle shoes worn with socks with cuffs so thick you could use them for a pillow?

Those were the days.

Did a one-hour Karate class today. I'm not certain it is a past time meant for me. I will admit, my heart was pounding and my brow was sweaty. They can all kick so high. The instructor said not to worry, kicking low can undermine an assailant, too. I said as long as I could kick a coyote, it was OK. Made everybody laugh. I was serious. I often walk the dogs down our country road after dark and I know the sly things are hiding in the weeds. The dogs know it too; I can tell from their posturing.

And, Marie, yes it was Lori that I was referring to. What a good memory you have. But please don't read her outcome into Jerry's - her cancer was so far progressed that hope was slim from the beginning. Jerry's problem as been found early and I'm sure everything will be fine. I've had cancer three times; once when I was 29, again when I was 45 and then just two years ago. Each time it was found early and I am proof that the outcome can be positive.

It's chilly, overcast and damp here in the Ozarks. Tomorrow is supposed to find us back in the upper 60s. I'll have the day to myself as the Daytona 500 will hold my DH's attention all day. I think I'll take my younger dog on a hike. The older one needs the exercise more but it may be too much for him.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I'm WAY behind, but will try catching up!
    IRENE: what adorable grandkids, no wonder you show them off!:flowerforyou:
    SANDY: thanks for bringing us more up-to-date on Jeffrey! Glad he's too busy!:happy:
    MARIE: My friends all seem sane...so it's ME??? :noway:
    PHOEBE: are you and I the only ones who are a bit off---at least here? Your
    description of the metal drum rolling by is amazing!
    ELLI: What the heck is ziplining? I can't recall hearing THAT one. My son loved
    hang gliding off a cliff till he almost got killed! :ohwell:
    GAYLA: former OR nurse? THAT explains your nurturing soul! I t hought you
    simply always a saint!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
    BARBIE: Your remark about beaches hit home; I adored beaches, water and sun
    but have almost given them up! Overkill? :glasses: Or burnout? Or too much
    contentment in my life now? You, at least, are super active! Thanks for the
    bedtime snack information. Wonderful idea to keep on hand instead of
    chocolate or pistachios!!!
    MADDIE: What's with Vitalicious? Maybe it will appear on the next few pages
    or did I miss another few posts? And do I dare keep pastries around?
    We have everything else around here, but stinkbugs? Huh? Yech! :grumble:
    CONNIE: Didn't Punxatawney Phil (sp) predict spring is here? And your Magnolia
    tree is verifying it, yes? :smile: I loved our magnolias on L.I. Here, it's orchids!
    And some of my more spectacular ones survived the cold spells and are
    in bloom on my trees right now!
    MARILYN: Hi, I'm another Barbara, and think we haven't met, but your post
    had me hysterical through all your pain!!! :sick: I hate to laugh about it, but
    your description was anything but self-pitying!!! I surely hope you keep
    your sense of humor as you recover. My goodness, such fortitude! :heart:
    LYNN: [quote:Sometime, I'll tell you what all I have done in my life...well...maybe
    most of it [/quote] :laugh:
    Don't wait, please. I feel it will be fascinating! :smooched:
    PINKIE: (may I call you that?) We're delighted to have another Brit on here!
    Where are you living in the UK? We've so much in common and yet subtle
    differences to share! So welcome, pinkperil! :flowerforyou:
    MARIE: I'm up to your post about cooking beans! Any good recipes for them?

I'll post this and try to find my way back when I return from shopping with Mike.
    I think I warned you I have DAYS to catch up on!
    Buzz
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    I've been planning to post some "Alaska Adventures" for awhile, and today I seem to be able to upload pictures, so here goes.

The following picture is of the "Tundra Apartments." They were made from cargo containers with windows and doors cut in. It just so happened that they started just behind our house (the parsonage) where the fence would have been if we had one. :smile: The residents were known for bootlegging among other things. Bethel was dry at the time (no liquor sales), so it was a popular spot. Patrons would go past the end of our house, sometimes leaning on the wall, bumping along as they went. It woke me up at first, but later I got used to it and never heard it anymore. That's background! :laugh:

My elderly mother was so worried about us, way out in bush Alaska. One night there were a couple of murders in the Tundra Apartments. Then the "perp" locked the murder scene units from the outside and set them on fire. We were so used to the noise back there that we didn't even hear the firetrucks, and didn't know about it until the next day.

A few days later my mom called and said she read where there some murders and arson In Bethel, did I know the people involved! Being the good daughter and not wanting to add to her anxiety, I said, " You know, Mom, it seems like I did hear something about that." She never found out it was in my back yard.

Bethel.jpg

Now, I can't leave it at that or you may think the parsonage was made from cargo containers. :bigsmile: So I am including a picture below of the street in front or our house. It is the one just barely in the pictuare on the left. (You may note that the houses are built on pilings. That is because you don't want the permafrost under the houses to thaw.) We had a huge water tank inside the house where water was delivered by a truck and pumped in through the wall every week. Another truck came every week and pumped out the septic tank. One week they missesd our septic tank and didn't tell us...I won't go into that...it was pretty bad....we found out the hard way, and we didn't have maid service. :explode: I once saw a sled and dog team going past my front door.

Bethel001.jpg

Yes...a lot of things happen in seventy two years. Not a dull moment! Oh, by the way....the Tundra Apartments are a thing of the past. They are no longer there. I'm glad I got a picture.
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi to you all - raining here today so i've been reading a few of the MFP posts...you are a great bunch of gals....A different day cos of the rain - usually i go for an hours walk with a friend..we have a lovely river walkway so take our little dog and give her a swim...she saw me putting my running shoes on this morning and got really excited but the smile went off her face (yes, dogs do smile) when she realized i was only going on the treadmill...made some tomato chutney and let it simmer away while exercising...listening to great music on my walkman..might do another session this afternoon. Might have to have a nana nap first though.
    My weigh in tomorrow...8 weeks and only 4 lb lost...sooooo frustrating but i'm not giving up....that''s it from usually sunny NZ.

PS Great photos on the post above....how do you dooo that??
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    We are heading home so we can have tomorrow off. I will post tomorrow.
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Irene, I think that it was MY house that you heard calling for you to come clean! I was gone all day today and my house really shows it. I volunteer for my church on Saturday mornings and then go to my job in the afternoon. Thankfully, I only work every other Saturday. When I don't have to go to work, I try to catch up on my housework. I have this Monday off, so maybe I'll get caught up then. I hope that Ralph will be doing better soon. That must have been very scary for both of you.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I finally finished walking up and down the hall and jogging in front of the TV enough to get 10,000 steps so I can read about the Senior Golden Sneakers and respond a bit.

Gayla, congratulations on losing another three pounds…that new Weight Watchers program is really working for you.

Elli, I looked at the website for your new business…..I wish you better success in the future with it.

Xyla, all those doctor’s appointments sound like a huge headache…..I hope they don’t find anything wrong so you won’t have more doctors and more expenses on top.

Marilyn, good luck on your walking

Maddie, I don’t want to wear a bikini…..I get too cold now that I’ve lost weight……but I’d like to be that thin

Phoebe, glad you find a way to have vegetables on the road…….I buy frozen vegetables a lot and microwave them in the bag and eat them for a snack

Connie, what a great experience contacting a friend you hadn’t seen in so many years. A few years ago I got in touch with a cousin that I hadn’t seen or spoken to since we were about nine years old (that might have been about 1955)…..we corresponded by e mail for over a year before Jake and I traveled in our RV to where she lived (Western New York state---about a day’s drive from where Jake’s family lives in Ohio) and we got to meet face to face. We enjoyed talking about our family members and childhood experiences but discovered that we have grown in very different directions in our interests, values, and beliefs.

Marie, all the tests for Jerry sound scary but how wonderful that there are so many amazing medical devices nowadays and how great that they will transport him to the tests……when Jake had various procedures done on his heart, I was less scared about the procedures than I was about having to drive to and from the hospital in Seattle.

Pink, thanks for your sharing about the hen house……that’s something I thought I might like but the opportunity never came along…….our daughter in California has a few chickens and she sent the most darling photo of her two year old son collecting eggs…..I am a cat person, too, we have Haifa who is fifteen years old and slowing down and Bernie who is four years old and filled with energy and loves to play with the poodles.

Irene, I’m so sorry to hear about Ralph’s injury and glad to hear that you were able to get to him quickly…….I often hear my house calling to me to clean it and I ignore it and go do something else….your Alaska adventures are amazing….thanks for sharing.

Sandy, I’m glad things are going OK with your step daughter

Buzz, I’m glad you liked my bedtime snack ideas…..I just finished a bowl of oatmeal and applesauce

Judy, my dogs get excited every time I put on my “dog walking” shoes and when I put on my coat they go crazy because they know we’re going to the dog park.

Sandy and elli, my weight fluctuates in a three pound range but I don't change my ticker because a lot depends on what I've been eating and drinking...my weight is never the same from day to day.

:yawn: :yawn: now it's time to get ready for bed :yawn: :yawn:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs to all
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    "Oh! I just got another MFP'er on facebook. It's nice because we can share pictures easier than here, but it will never replace MFP If anyone's interested I'm Irene Liberty."

Irene, I couldn't find you on facebook. Are you listed under Irene Liberty?
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi to you from chilly Saskatchewan. I am sitting here wrapped up in my blanket. If we weren't in the middle of these renovations I would surely be looking for someplace warm to go!! My sister and her husband just got back from the Dominican. She spent 2 days in the hospital there with a severe gall bladder attack (first one). She was treated well and well covered by insurance so except for losing a few of her holiday days in worked out well. I guess she will be needing surgery and will be seeing her Dr. soon.
    Neil is still having some trouble with throwing up. It seems to be related to swallowing/choking. I have a theory and I hope I am right. I am wondering if the nerve to his vocal chords is beginning to fire and causing a strange sensation in his throat leading to choking. He has developed kind of a hiccup after swallowing sometimes and there also seems to be more breakthrough audible sounds in his speech. Please keep those good thoughts and prayers coming. We are so hopeful. His foot looks good, a little raw but healthy. Thank you, as always, for caring.

Tomorrow I am going to my great-nieces birthday (4). She is a sweetie, will try to get a picture and then figure out how to post it.

I am so glad that I am part of this wonderful group. You are too kind, Buzz, I try to be patient but oh, so far from a Saint!:wink:

Thinking of you all. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Irene, I couldn't find you on facebook. Are you listed under Irene Liberty?
    [/quote]

Yes. I just checked to make sure my privacy settings would let you find me. It looks OK. Maybe you could try again. Or if you want to message me with your user name on facebook I could give that a try.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    SANDY:
    I am frustrated today because my scale said I gained a pound and I have been working so hard on exercise and calories that I just don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that I had too much salt in something at lunch yesterday. I also noticed that when I went back to check on my calories, I forgot the rice I had with my chicken, so I probably was over calories. Bad day yesterday.
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    Bad day is not part of our vocabulary! It was either too much sodium, or the scale had a fit, or you stood on the wrong part, or whatever! You are doing everything correctly, and these things happen for no reason. And next day or 2, you'll possibly lose double! Please don't flagellate yourself when you don't deserve it! It will eventually go down, lovely lady! :flowerforyou:

PINK, obviously you fit right in here! I love the "feet up" image! And your humor is infectious! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ELLI: Just "liked" your biz on Facebook, and it led me to your amplified phones!
    Have YOU a hearing deficiency, too? I wear Siemens hearing aids, and since I sweat pretty hard, I actually rusted out my first pair! Mine are the over the ear with a wire going into the ear. Siemans replaced them, but I was afraid to wear them in our Florida summer, so I went about clueless as to what people were discussing all summer!! So I'm curious about your product to prevent moisture from entering! I have a small container that dries them out at night with a blue light, but what is it your business carries? Gosh, hang in there, kid, as it's such a good business in terms of need! :wink: And good luck!:flowerforyou:

LYNN: You play harmonica! I LOVE it! :bigsmile: And what else do you do? Have a great few days with DH! :blushing:

MADDIE: your mention of Metamucil reminded me of a silly experience Mike and I had on our way to Germany a few years ago; there was about a 6 hour wait at Kennedy Airport and a nice lady invited us to stay in the VIP section, where we were offered all kinds of goodies, and for about 4 hours, we were the only ones there. So at 4 o'clock we pulled out our Metamucil packets (powder), and ordered tall glasses of ice water. Just as we started stirring, in came all the hot shots who really belonged in VIP, and as they ordered their martinis etc, Mike and I toasted each other with our Orange mixture:drinker: Our Metamucil cocktails always bring a grin when we recall that day! And we still drink it 15 minutes before dinner every day! :happy:

CONNIE: Didn't know Silver Sneakers was part of your regimen! I loved it. For 4 years, I was in Silver Sneakers 2, and it was the greatest. Our class was an hour and we went 5 days a week. And 3 days, I added Zumba afterwards! And 2 days it was Pilates. After the hip replacement, I could no longer do any of those moves so of course the weight zoomed up. After 3 years, I'm actually beginning to feel like myself again, instead of feeling as though I'm in someone else's body!
    Not everyone responds the same way, so I must be a slower healer...or just an older healer! You are going to be so pleased with the way your body sculpts! I so admire your zestful approach to life!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

GAYLA: Your story of Neil and the bedcovers caught in his pin left me gasping! Poor guy, as if he doesn't have enough to contend with! Hope he's feeling better! :love:

BARBIE: yes indeed, treasure your ability to walk as you do! I felt as you do, and can only remember what 10,000 steps felt like...the bounce it put in my walk, and it's a good memory; so I enjoy reading about how it affects your spirits, as well! Could you share some squash recipes with us, please? I'm blank,:huh: with a butternut squash sitting on my countertop!

PAM: so great to be reading your posts again, dear friend! The family sounds like a real delight, and I can smell your apple crumble and muffins here and now! Yum!

MARIE: I peeked and know Jerry's report was received. You are both in our thoughts and prayers... and what a dear to put out the birthday list! I still don't think I know some of the people on it, but we are ALL friends, yes???

MARILYN: you're a really good sport! And I hope the back heals quickly! :love:

PHOEBE: My gosh, such information, you helped me catch up on a lot I missed! I have 3 Publix markets nearby, so I will look for the muffins in the freezer section. I'm sure they'll be preferable to their Raspberry Turnovers, yeah!:noway:

CONNIE & LYNN: My heart goes out to both of you; no one can imagine themselves in your place unless they have lost a child or grandchild! Our imagination really does not allow it, as it is beyond comprehension to me. :flowerforyou: :heart: :love:

MADDIE: SO sweet of you to print "not easy being green." I read so much into that, and always loved it!

JACKIE: having that name makes it easier for me to bond! I have a dear daughter, Jackie! Along with a Candi and a Glen. All my wonderful offspring! And
    Jackie is the one with the lovely ragdoll cat in my picture! May I suggest bacon may not be the ideal sandwich due to the amount of fat and sodium. I learned so much about my patterns by studying the FOOD nutritional breakdowns of my menus! It takes awhile, but use it and study it carefully as you print up your meals, and you'll see what I mean!

MARIE:
    unknown is worst than knowing the worst. It seems that they are just drawing it out
    How well I know, dear, but you are brave, strong and loving, and will come through OK! And lean on us!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

IRENE: Your stories and pictures of Alaska are out of a storybook! I cannot imagine it is the same "rugged" place we read about in cruise literature! :noway:

BARBIE: oatmeal and applesauce would never have ocurred to me as a snack, but you will re-train my outlook! :smooched:

I can't think straight at this hour, or lately at ANY hour, but I must wash this dreadful concealer off my black and blue face so I can get to sleep! I will plan to be back daily, and I wish I could understand where the time has gone these past few days, but I can't really say for sure. I hope I can figure out what I can bring to my Community's Wine and Cheese around the Pool Party tomorrow, since I can't drink wine and their cheese will be full fat! Will a string cheese stick appear peculiar? Heck, maybe no worse than the Metamucil in the VIP area!!!

Forgive me if I left anyone out , and thank you for asking where I've been. I wanted to be right here!!! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    :frown: :frown: I jumped on the scales this morning full of enthusiasm because of all the exercise I've achieved together with keeping below my calories this past week and couldn't believe my eyes, in fact got myself into a remarkable crouching position to double check as I didn't have my glasses on. I've gained one pound!!! I'm incredibly disappointed but know once I've spent a couple of hours on my newly acquired pity pot I'll get over it and move on!! I struggle to drink 8 glasses of water a day but will now push myself as I figure it's only one every couple of hours.

Marie ~ I'm loving your company too and your Jerry is in my thoughts and prayers. I feel like a world traveller visiting so many different places and meeting such wonderful people!!

Connie ~ You've made my day!! Karate and coyotes in one sentence. You're a star!! All I have to contend with around here late at night is the occasional roaming feral cat, scared fox or local resident weaving his way home from the pub!! I did a quick google search on the Ozarks so understand why you might meet such a creature but my goodness, the beautiful scenery must make up for it!!

Buzz ~ I live in a rural area of Cornwall. My local village is St Cleer which is on the edge of moorland. 150 years ago it was a thriving copper mining district but prices crashed at the beginning of the 20th century and the mines closed down. It's now a very sleepy place which is why I love it.
    So you have a daughter named Jackie too. Is she a Jacqueline? I am but only ever remember being called that by my father when I was a child if he was wanting to appear stern, which was probably quite often!!
    Your point about bacon seems to have been correct and come round to bite me on the bum!! I'll check out the food nutritional breakdown, thanks.

Barbie ~ I can believe that photo of your grandchild collecting eggs would be adorable. Children and hens seem to go so well together once introduced and it's a wonderful way to teach kiddies about nature.
    Another cat lover, that's great. Your Bernie sounds fun. I've a brother called Bernie who lives in Spain. I'm not sure he's full of energy but would certainly love playing with your poodles!!

Irene ~ Those photos and stories of your Alaskan neighbours are gobsmacking. Oh, not sure you'd know that term?? Imagine your mouth being the gob and how you'd smack it in disbelief at something!! Anyway, what a situation to have to live next to and how brave and calm to deal with it the way you did. Do you still live there??

It's Sunday but I have to get on with some housework so have a good day everyone.:

Jackie:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: