Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Woohoo done getting poked for the day! So glad that is over with and will not be doing that again. I could not imagine having to be at work, I started with all of the pressure and being uncomfortable/unable to walk at like 24 weeks. I do not sleep well at all and feel like a ton of bricks is on my lower half when I try to turn over, I have found that the easiest thing for me is to get up out of bed and turn then get up. Ours is a little on the tall side. On the bright side of things we are almost there ladies!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I have finally noticed a little baby bump. :D It's small, but now there. I have also felt my baby move around a bit. It's pretty neat.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    So today I was sitting back in our big chair and I just got up to get my bagel. I got a really sharp pain in the side of my stomach... only for a minute and now its gone. Should I worry about that?
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @ AnneElise - I don't know. if you start spotting, then for sure, call your Dr.

I know I'm going to be at my Dr's office for EVERY LITTLE THING when I finally get pregnant. I'm going to be so worried right up to 37 weeks!!!

2 weeks after my miscarriage I heard about my friend's brother loosing his baby at 6 months (not sure how many weeks.) they had a funeral for the baby. :cry:

I'm going to be so paranoid!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    So today I was sitting back in our big chair and I just got up to get my bagel. I got a really sharp pain in the side of my stomach... only for a minute and now its gone. Should I worry about that?

Probably round ligament pain. I get pretty sharp pains occasionally. Usually it's if I'm turning over in bed or if I sneeze. :laugh: Oh, I hate sneezing so much right now. It sounds like "Ahchoo - ow" when I do.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with circulation in their hands?

When I wake up in the morning my wrists/hands hurt, and all of my fingers are either tingly or sleeping. It gets better the longer I'm awake, but for the first hour I'm up anything I do (like putting on mascara) causes my fingertips to tingle.

On a side note, hubby and I made our first batch of homemade laundry detergent lastnight using the recipe that Mama posted. We had to let it sit overnight and cool so we'll test it out on the first load of laundry today. Either way, for $1.12 a batch, even if it doesn't work for some reason, the house smells really good!! :tongue:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    We went to register at Babies R Us last night because I had a coupon to get a $10 gift card when I register. Recently I've been trying to start making decisions about things like crib bedding and travel systems and so on (gotta start now -- I'm terrible at making decisions). This weekend I found online that Baby Trend makes a very affordable jogging stroller travel system. I saw it last night (thought they only carry the green in store & I think I'll be going with the purple) and it's a comparable size to a regular stroller so.... I can't think of any cons to the jogging stroller travel system over a traditional travel system.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10870672

Can anyone shed some light on possible dealbreaking cons? Now that I've seen the size of the jogging stroller, I can't think of a single situation in which the traditional stroller would work better for me over the jogging stroller. I drive a Honda Element so even the fact that the stroller may not fold down to be as small as traditional strollers isn't a concern for me. The stroller would mainly be used for exercise and for outings like the zoo. In theory, I plan to baby-wear in most other situations (shopping in a store with confined space, for example).
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    jogging strollers are known for being super heavy, cumbersome to close up and larger than a regular stroller when it comes to putting in the car.

I would get both if I wanted a jogging stroller. We have always been big fans of the Graco lite strollers, they are the lightest made around 17-19 lbs. or less.

I think a jogging stroller would be great for walking or trips to go walking, but I wouldn't get one for everyday use.

THe 1 reviews on this item says it is super bulky and have strong arms said it wouldn't work for you. Good luck.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Babies r us is running the trade in special for 25% off right now, my issue was I didn't have any old baby stuff.

So 2 days a go my neighbor 3 doors down had a stroller out by the curb for garbage. Yesterday it hit me I could pick it up and trade it in if it was the brand. So I asked my husband to pick it up on his way by there but he forgot so this morning, I stopped picked that heavy thing up ice and leaves and all to trade it in for my new stroller. :laugh:

I never had a heavy stroller, there was no way I could have picked that thing up and out of my trunk on a regular basis.:indifferent:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

Probably round ligament pain. I get pretty sharp pains occasionally. Usually it's if I'm turning over in bed or if I sneeze. :laugh: Oh, I hate sneezing so much right now. It sounds like "Ahchoo - ow" when I do.

I agree. Probably round ligament pain. I had a lot of that a few weeks ago right before my belly really popped out.

I hate sneezing too! Not because it hurts, but because I peed myself a little the other day!! Never happened to me before. Ever since I have been trying to do kegels on my drives to and from work. Oh the joys of pregnancy :laugh:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I have finally noticed a little baby bump. :D It's small, but now there. I have also felt my baby move around a bit. It's pretty neat.

Congrats on the baby bump and finally feeling the little one!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Babies r us is running the trade in special for 25% off right now, my issue was I didn't have any old baby stuff.

So 2 days a go my neighbor 3 doors down had a stroller out by the curb for garbage. Yesterday it hit me I could pick it up and trade it in if it was the brand. So I asked my husband to pick it up on his way by there but he forgot so this morning, I stopped picked that heavy thing up ice and leaves and all to trade it in for my new stroller. :laugh:

I never had a heavy stroller, there was no way I could have picked that thing up and out of my trunk on a regular basis.:indifferent:

This was my problem too! How am I to trade in an old one and get a discount when I'm a first time mom?? That's so funny you picked it up off the curb... :laugh: I would have thought to do the same thing!

My mom informed me yesterday that she bought us the travel system that we wanted - yay for moms!! Mine has bought us pretty much everything we have right now (which isn't much - thank goodness for showers - but it's a start) like the crib, bedding set, and travel system. We registered for the Chicco Cortina KeyFit 30 system in Miro (black, gray, yellow). From what I've read it has really great reviews, rated number 1 on a lot of sites.

Thank you ladies so much for the advice on the breast pump! I added the Medela one to my registry yesterday. I doubt anyone is going to drop that kind of $$ for me, but it will give me something to start saving for (as if there isn't enough already,..lol).
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I have been getting those sharp pains more and more. I heard it was the round ligament pain. Which makes sense, since I am finally starting to show. I think there's probably nothing to worry about. Oh and I hate sneezing too. It hurts! It feels like my uterus is being pulled. Not a fan.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    We went to register at Babies R Us last night because I had a coupon to get a $10 gift card when I register. Recently I've been trying to start making decisions about things like crib bedding and travel systems and so on (gotta start now -- I'm terrible at making decisions). This weekend I found online that Baby Trend makes a very affordable jogging stroller travel system. I saw it last night (thought they only carry the green in store & I think I'll be going with the purple) and it's a comparable size to a regular stroller so.... I can't think of any cons to the jogging stroller travel system over a traditional travel system.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10870672

Can anyone shed some light on possible dealbreaking cons? Now that I've seen the size of the jogging stroller, I can't think of a single situation in which the traditional stroller would work better for me over the jogging stroller. I drive a Honda Element so even the fact that the stroller may not fold down to be as small as traditional strollers isn't a concern for me. The stroller would mainly be used for exercise and for outings like the zoo. In theory, I plan to baby-wear in most other situations (shopping in a store with confined space, for example).

I never got a stroller for my first and don't plan too for this one either. I don't live in an urban area, go to the mall or the zoo, or if I do it's once and I just sling him or if he's older let him walk. I see people at school etc that are just running their kid in to drop him off and they are unloading their strollers and packing up their other kid in the stroller to walk down the hall and right back - I think they're ridiculous for making it that much work. I say decide how much you will actually use one. If you are using it outside go for the jogging stroller. If you just want it for occasionally inside or other quick trips, then maybe just get (along with the jogger if you really think you will exercise with baby) a $10 target umbrella stroller once it's big enough to sit up. We actually ended up with one of those because Grandma visited and wanted to take him somewhere so they picked one up. That was more than I ever have needed. I never once found the need to stroller an infant. I also had no trouble carrying his car seat in an out of the store to the cart if he was sleeping etc.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    We finally decided on a name! :smile: Her name is Anabelle Katherine. This is one that we've been talking about for a few weeks but would never commit. Well we finally committed! Katherine is my husband's grandmother's name, so we knew we wanted to use that for the middle name for a while (the women in my family have terrible names). My cousin is having a baby and was going to name is Anna for a girl or Jack for a boy (she'd had these names picked out since she found out she was preggo - long before I thought of Anabelle) so I was waiting to find out the sex...didn't want to have an Anna and Anabelle. Needless to say she's having a boy! :smile: It feels nice to finally have that out of the way and be able to call her by name instead of just "baby girl." :heart:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I have been getting those sharp pains more and more. I heard it was the round ligament pain. Which makes sense, since I am finally starting to show. I think there's probably nothing to worry about. Oh and I hate sneezing too. It hurts! It feels like my uterus is being pulled. Not a fan.

Just wait if you end up having to have a C/section. If you think sneezing is bad now! That was one of the worst parts of recovery! (I sneeze A LOT). It was like "sneeze" "Cry" "sneeze" "cry". I am lucky to not have sneezing bother my stomach, but it might just be because I've been too busy worrying when sneezing that it would tear open my back! I actually love sneezing (weird I know, but I'm so seasonally allergic that it makes me feel better!) so I put up with the discomfort well.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    We finally decided on a name! :smile: Her name is Anabelle Katherine. This is one that we've been talking about for a few weeks but would never commit. Well we finally committed! Katherine is my husband's grandmother's name, so we knew we wanted to use that for the middle name for a while (the women in my family have terrible names). My cousin is having a baby and was going to name is Anna for a girl or Jack for a boy (she'd had these names picked out since she found out she was preggo - long before I thought of Anabelle) so I was waiting to find out the sex...didn't want to have an Anna and Anabelle. Needless to say she's having a boy! :smile: It feels nice to finally have that out of the way and be able to call her by name instead of just "baby girl." :heart:

I like that name. My dog's name is Annabelle. (I mean that in a good way :laugh:, it's not like you are naming it our other dog's names... Cheese and Dogzilla). My hubby for some reason is still set on BUCK. He thinks of it as old west cowboy type, I see it as - we live in TN, it's gonna sound back woods hillbilly. I might let him to Buckley as a middle name if he's still gung ho in 3 months so he can still call him Buck if he wants.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I agree. Probably round ligament pain. I had a lot of that a few weeks ago right before my belly really popped out.

I hate sneezing too! Not because it hurts, but because I peed myself a little the other day!! Never happened to me before. Ever since I have been trying to do kegels on my drives to and from work. Oh the joys of pregnancy :laugh:

While we're sharing embarrassing stories, the other day, I made myself gag while brushing my teeth & peed myself a little (I had to go but had decided, for whatever stupid reason, to brush my teeth first). Good grief. :noway: Made me really thankfull I never actually got sick with my m/s because dealing with me peeing all over myself every time I puked in the morning doesn't sound like so much fun. Luckily I haven't experienced the pee sneeze yet.

I just purchased my first cloth diapers! The Bumgenius all-in-ones are soon to be no more and are on "clearance" sale for $9.95 each with free shipping at cottonbabies.com. I couldn't even find used ones on eBay for that price (stupid eBay buyers not doing their research before bidding on stuff). I decided to buy 4 of the small size to check them out while there's still a few color options. After researching for months, I figure I'll *probably* use prefolds & covers the most just for economy and storage reasons but something tells me that hubby will cooperate much better with the Bumgenius AIOs at first. He's not keen on cleaning poo. We'll have the same deal with the kid as we do with the dogs -- he's on vomit patrol while I take on poop duty.

So, I figure I'll get him used to the idea of cloth diapering with the AIOs and then get him adjusted to the prefold or insert diapers.

Again, this is all in theory. I may very well give up on cloth diapering after just a few days of scraping poo into the toilet. :laugh: We already have a couple packs of disposables to use when she's brand new & for when we're out and about (though I'd like to try disposable inserts, too).
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    The cops just showed up at our school to do their search with the dogs for drugs, weapons, phones (they can't have cell phones at school), etc (I think they do it twice a year, maybe?) and all the kids are in an uproar. AHAHAHA....you can totally tell the guilty ones!!!!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I love Annabelle ;)