Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Had an apt this morning. Hubs took me out for my Bday yesterday and I ate whatever I wanted (read, onion rings, steak, fried chicken strips, french fries... it was so good! My jeans still fit, but I had to unbutton them sitting there!) so the scale was unfriendly this morning with all the sodium! Not to mention a hour and a 1/2 full bladder! Still only up about 3 lbs from last month though and 9 total. Not bad considering that I have eaten tons of crap (hub's "helping out" is bringing home take out :ohwell:) and not exercised at all since my back surgery. Plus I made myself a cake this morning, because, you can't not have cake... and there's no one else to help eat it but the two of us... so... :ohwell: I'm going to enjoy it though.:laugh:

I think you are doing great on your weight gain!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! February already! This month is going to go by so fast. We've got our anatomy scan on Friday, Super Bowl on Sunday, friends coming into town next weekend, Valentine's day... Then two weeks after that it's my birthday! My husband wants to use some of our "found money (yeah right)" to get me good Valentine's and birthday presents this year. Conveniently we are always financially stable in the fall for his birthday and broke come March for my birthday. I guess he wants to make up for the past few years and get me something I really want. Now I am typically fairly cheap, but he totally took advantage of my weakness! I am not the most materialistic person out there, but I love me some presents. I am all about being spoiled, especially on my birthday. I hope he doesn't go crazy, but I have to admit that I am kind of excited.

I need someone to pull me out of the food binge I seem to have been going on for the past week or two. I don't eat bad all day, but I certainly make bad choices every single day now. I just can't stop myself. I don't understand how I can have such good willpower and then all of the sudden lose it. We have healthy stuff in the house, but I run through all of the options in my head and veto every one of them. I need a good kick in the pants. You would think the change in the numbers on the scale would motivate me, but it's not! Must be good! Must stop looking at pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want.
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Littlespy- exciting that you are showing. Once your bump gets a bit bigger I want to see pictures :D I can def. tell I have a little belly but right now still looking like a fat pouch :D

hahaha! I think I only just recently started thinking my baby bump no longer looks like a fat pouch. The one thing I still don't like is the belly button outline you can see on my skintight workout clothes. I would almost rather have it pop out and be an outie. I feel like it would look more pregnant and less poochy. hehe.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hey ladies! February already! This month is going to go by so fast. We've got our anatomy scan on Friday, Super Bowl on Sunday, friends coming into town next weekend, Valentine's day... Then two weeks after that it's my birthday! My husband wants to use some of our "found money (yeah right)" to get me good Valentine's and birthday presents this year. Conveniently we are always financially stable in the fall for his birthday and broke come March for my birthday. I guess he wants to make up for the past few years and get me something I really want. Now I am typically fairly cheap, but he totally took advantage of my weakness! I am not the most materialistic person out there, but I love me some presents. I am all about being spoiled, especially on my birthday. I hope he doesn't go crazy, but I have to admit that I am kind of excited.

Yesterday my hubby told me he has the perfect valentines day idea for me... he said its not expensive don't worry but you will love it. We never do v-day so I am a little excited too! Its okay to be excited about gifts :D
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    So my family doctor is closed AGAIN today because of the weather. :angry: :explode: :grumble: I'm starting to feel a little better so I wasn't too worried until I started reading one of my pregnancy books, which tells me that 5 - 10 weeks is when the baby is most susceptible to viruses that can cause birth defects. So I called my OB. The nurse I spoke to was really nice - I'm sure she's used to speaking to paranoid pregnant women. :laugh: She told me what medications I can take and if I get a fever I need to get a hold of my family doctor or go to the hospital.

Now my husband is following me around the house with the thermometer! :laugh: :laugh:

Ron- When do you see your dr. to talk about your little baby?

3 weeks and one day ---- but who's counting?? :laugh:
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Yesterday my hubby told me he has the perfect valentines day idea for me... he said its not expensive don't worry but you will love it. We never do v-day so I am a little excited too! Its okay to be excited about gifts :D

Aw! I can't wait to hear all of the Valentine's stories on this feed!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    It is very, very cold here. Our water is frozen in the kitchen. Lots and lots of snow. Dear God please send spring along swiftly!

I second that!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

I'm always excited about gifts! We decided this year that we're not going to spend a lot of money this Valentines Day. My husband let it slip last night that he's making me something. He's a really good artist, so I'm excited about what he's doing.
  • joonzgurl
    Options

Might sound funny but I am excited for Valentines day too! I hope he does something nice for me. We met on Valentines day 3 years ago. I can't believe how much has changed in 3 years!!!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    okay, so as I just got sick in the RR at work I have a question. I think that the last couple days I have been throwing up for fluids than the food. Usually its all the food that I just ate. But the last three days (and maybe I just havn't been eating enough) it seems like I am throwing up more fluid and bits of my food rather than the whole meal. Sorry this is gross... but did anyone else ever notice this? I am hoping this means that its starting to go away.

BTW I also noticed that I can't drink sodas (I know you can't have many but I only have like 2 a week) ... uhg thats one thing that hurts the belly.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    So my family doctor is closed AGAIN today because of the weather. :angry: :explode: :grumble: I'm starting to feel a little better so I wasn't too worried until I started reading one of my pregnancy books, which tells me that 5 - 10 weeks is when the baby is most susceptible to viruses that can cause birth defects. So I called my OB. The nurse I spoke to was really nice - I'm sure she's used to speaking to paranoid pregnant women. :laugh: She told me what medications I can take and if I get a fever I need to get a hold of my family doctor or go to the hospital.

Now my husband is following me around the house with the thermometer! :laugh: :laugh:

Ron- When do you see your dr. to talk about your little baby?

3 weeks and one day ---- but who's counting?? :laugh:

Ha, my gender US is in 3 weeks 2 days (but who is counting :love: )
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    I need someone to pull me out of the food binge I seem to have been going on for the past week or two. I don't eat bad all day, but I certainly make bad choices every single day now. I just can't stop myself. I don't understand how I can have such good willpower and then all of the sudden lose it. We have healthy stuff in the house, but I run through all of the options in my head and veto every one of them. I need a good kick in the pants. You would think the change in the numbers on the scale would motivate me, but it's not! Must be good! Must stop looking at pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want.

Exactly the problem I've been having. I've been doing a lot better for the last week by simply not buying so much bad stuff (and not telling my hubby when I want bad stuff because he'll totally talk me into it & then go get it so he can have the bad stuff, too. Bad husband). I find if I really want something bad, chances are my laziness/tiredness will win over the craving & I won't go buy it. :laugh:
    I'm still not eating as well as I used to but eating *better* and actually exercising again have stopped the # on the scale from increasing (and it actually went down a little, woot!).

I do really well all day when I'm at work and I've packed & brought my food with me (which I do every day). But then when I get home I seem to always be starving and I just lose my freaking mind eating anything and everything I want.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Hehe, I'm drinking a Dr Pepper and baby is GOING CRAZY. First time I've really felt her move this much. :love:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

This year was the first that my husband actually remembered my birthday in about 4 or 5 years (and only probably because since we don't have a printer I have been sending him my free Bday coupons all week to print out at work). We don't do presents though ever for Bday though we did go to dinner and I make him a cake on his, but sometimes I get the date wrong :blushing: . I would kill him if he got me something for Valentine's Day. I hate Valentines Day. Uck the commercials - they make me want to puke when I am not pregnant! :laugh: I am far from sentimental. :smile: My grandma knows she has to call us every year to remind us what day our anniversary is! I know it's in July... He did get me a big TV (well, he says it was for me... :laugh: it conveniently came with an Xbox for himself!) for Christmas which I was slightly peeved about but let it slide since we've never spent more than like $10 on Christmas (or any holiday) in the 7 yrs we've been together. Plus, our TV was probably 15-20 years old and if you wanted to change from DVD to TV you had to pull it out and swap out the coaxle cables in the back (so old it didn't have any other input plugs!), so it was probably time to get a new one! :laugh:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Our 19th anniversary is the 15th so we often celebrate both days together. We will go out most of that day. I pray we are celebrating the close on our farm this year as well.
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Hehe, I'm drinking a Dr Pepper and baby is GOING CRAZY. First time I've really felt her move this much. :love:

i LOVE dr pepper! I will have to remember that and perhaps try some when I am a few weeks further.

mamatoabunch- keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options

i LOVE dr pepper! I will have to remember that and perhaps try some when I am a few weeks further.

mamatoabunch- keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

:smile: I'm afraid I'm going to start some kind of crazy unhealthy daily Dr Pepper ritual now just to feel her squirm. :laugh:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the cute flutters now, my lil girl was beating me up all morning... I told hubby I couldn't wait til she can hurt him :laugh: Our 8 year wedding anniversary is on the 9th so we always celebrate our anniversary and Valentines Day together. We dont do gift for eachother at all, I think it is just swapping money and would rather do something more constructive with the money. We usually have dinner and a movie or something. When we do have gifts they are 100% homemade with the help of the kiddos. I LOVE these kinds of gifts and would not care if I ever got another piece of jewelry again. Well maybe just one more, a couple years ago he got my a necklace from babyfaces.com and it has our 2 boys faces in white gold. I would like to add our daughter to that but it was pretty expensive so that may have to wait a while. People still ask me about it almost everytime I come in contact with others, it really does look like the kiddos so I guess that is the BEST gift he ever BOUGHT other than that I would prefer something homemade from the kiddos
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I am so glad we aren't having the major snow storms that I see online. However, it is freezing here! It was 2 degrees yesterday. I am not used to it being that cold.

As for Valentine's Day. I hope we do something. My husband works graveyards 3 times a week, so I actually won't even see him on that day. But maybe we can have our own on the 15th. We'll see. :)
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Our 19th anniversary is the 15th so we often celebrate both days together. We will go out most of that day. I pray we are celebrating the close on our farm this year as well.

Buying or selling?