30 day shred

Options

Replies

• busygirl1
    Options
    Okay so i'm kind of baaaadd. :blushing:
    I started this.. about last tuesday?
    D1L1 killed me. so I took a day off.. Well now it's too easy and sooo slow paced. So I'm doing 2 days of Level 1, then a day of Level 2, and just kind of going back and forth. Will this be okay? I'm not really exercise literate, hehe. But I was thinking of later this week adding Level 3 into the mix and just kind of doing whatever I feel like for that day. I'm going to be doing it for two months straight so I'm sure I'll get atleast 10 days in each of them.

But is it better to do them through the 10 days? I'm looking to get toned, not lose any weight haha. Which level would be best for this? Thanks!

My understanding is that the preceding level gets you ready for the next. If you are finding the unmodified moves too easy then move up but I would progress through the levels before mixing them up as particularly level 3 required a lot of strength. I moved from L1 to L2 after 8 days for the same reason but level 3 is a killer! I have cardio stamina but not strength. I am defo noticing my body firming up though, especially ever you my arms :0) Good luck whatever you decide to do x x
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Okay so i'm kind of baaaadd. :blushing:
    I started this.. about last tuesday?
    D1L1 killed me. so I took a day off.. Well now it's too easy and sooo slow paced. So I'm doing 2 days of Level 1, then a day of Level 2, and just kind of going back and forth. Will this be okay? I'm not really exercise literate, hehe. But I was thinking of later this week adding Level 3 into the mix and just kind of doing whatever I feel like for that day. I'm going to be doing it for two months straight so I'm sure I'll get atleast 10 days in each of them.

But is it better to do them through the 10 days? I'm looking to get toned, not lose any weight haha. Which level would be best for this? Thanks!

My understanding is that the preceding level gets you ready for the next. If you are finding the unmodified moves too easy then move up but I would progress through the levels before mixing them up as particularly level 3 required a lot of strength. I moved from L1 to L2 after 8 days for the same reason but level 3 is a killer! I have cardio stamina but not strength. I am defo noticing my body firming up though, especially ever you my arms :0) Good luck whatever you decide to do x x
    haha same here.. no strength. I can barely keep up with the pushups or keep the weights over my head on some of the exercises.. But I'am using 8lb weights so I think I deserve a little slack. :embarassed: Level 2 Cardio drives me nuts with the push-up jumping things.. Which I really need to work on off of the video.
    Guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing until I feel brave enough to venture to level 3. I think I've read that around that Level 2 is harder than Level 3, but I suppose it all depends on the person. (: So exciting, cannot wait to try level 3. I'm an exercise freak with unlimited amounts of energy lol. I've even considered doing level 1 two times a day.. Maybe after I can ace L3. :devil:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I strugggle with the Cardio. I am glad to hear that level 3 is less stressful Cardio.; I hope this isn't a tall story..LOL... I have 2 more days at level 2 and then off to level three!
  • nellyp0oh
    nellyp0oh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Those planks in L2 are killing me! I started L2 today and I had to do all modified versions of the plank stuff. Its funny how squats were always the one thing I hated, but now they are getting easier to do than anything else. The second set of knee ups (whatever they are called) are a killer!!! Ugh!!! Has anyone tried 6weeks 6packs yet? OMG plank city!!!
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 3: Day 1. I thought it was tougher than Level 2 with the moving push-ups and plank arm/leg lift stuff. But it was my first day on it, so I might change my mind in a few days :)
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    LV3D2 kind of done. I only managed about 17 minutes today, once the last ab workout came i just couldnt do it i don't know what was up with me. Just attempted to do some Tae Bo but only managed about 10 minutes. Think shark week is coming up or something. Have to go food shopping later and I walk there and back so atleast that's a bit of walking done! Hoping I'll feel more energised tomorrow.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Level 3 day 2 complete. Quite difficult today due to my foot injury...but I'm going to push through and do what I can!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Those planks in L2 are killing me! I started L2 today and I had to do all modified versions of the plank stuff. Its funny how squats were always the one thing I hated, but now they are getting easier to do than anything else. The second set of knee ups (whatever they are called) are a killer!!! Ugh!!! Has anyone tried 6weeks 6packs yet? OMG plank city!!!
    I still do the modified Plank Jacks and the other plank move, just because the regular ones are so hard on my back. I still burn tons of calories.
    I have orderd the 6Wk 6Pack and I hope that it comes soon. I have also ordered Ripped in 30... Good luck with the rest of L2. I have today and tomorrow and then I am off to L3...
    Are you doing anything else with this DVD? Just curious...
  • busygirl1
    Options
    L3D2 today
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    YAY! L2 D9 and no breaks!!! I am so pleased..
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    I still do the modified Plank Jacks and the other plank move, just because the regular ones are so hard on my back. I still burn tons of calories.
    I have orderd the 6Wk 6Pack and I hope that it comes soon. I have also ordered Ripped in 30... Good luck with the rest of L2. I have today and tomorrow and then I am off to L3...

I was gonna try P90x since I have it, but I am not ready for that one just yet!! 6wks 6packs is good too. I did it friday and havent done it since. I'm gonna try that after my 30days are up. I figured once I conquer Jillian Micheals, I can finally do P90x. Pushups are my biggest struggle.
  • Jenyfur1
    Options

I was gonna try P90x since I have it, but I am not ready for that one just yet!! 6wks 6packs is good too. I did it friday and havent done it since. I'm gonna try that after my 30days are up. I figured once I conquer Jillian Micheals, I can finally do P90x. Pushups are my biggest struggle.
    I totally agree with you! I did conquer her today.. HA! I have just one more day at level 2. I am ready for a new level. Let me know when you think you are ready for P90X. Maybe I will be then too. I am just having a hard time with an hour out of my day. I have done the X stretch and loved it.. You may try that if you have time after you work out. You will feel like a million bucks!
  • patricac
    Options
    L3:D2 complete today :) Was able to do more of the standard movements today than yesterday. Getting a little better with the transitions. 8 more days to go!
  • daisabelle
    Options
    D3L3 done
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I did this last summer with great results!

I didn't love the third stage though, it just didn't get my heart going and didn't feel as intense as the first two stages. I took a brreak from it to do something else but hoping to do the Shredd again right before tank top season!

Good luck and stick with it, I loved how it was only 20 mins a day, really easy to fit in your day and just when you thought you were going to die, the workout was over!
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I did conquer her today.. HA! I have just one more day at level 2. I am ready for a new level. Let me know when you think you are ready for P90X. Maybe I will be then too. I am just having a hard time with an hour out of my day. I have done the X stretch and loved it.. You may try that if you have time after you work out. You will feel like a million bucks!

I think I just might try that. Today was D3L2 and my knees are killing me for some reason. My joints hurt the most, they started hurting me D10 on L1. Maybe Xstretch will help.
  • Jenyfur1
    Options

I think I just might try that. Today was D3L2 and my knees are killing me for some reason. My joints hurt the most, they started hurting me D10 on L1. Maybe Xstretch will help.

I think that it may... I spoke too soon when I said i have conquered her... My last day at level 2 and I was totally kicked... I did run on the treadmill for about 15 min and walked the other.... Tomorrow will be better, I won't eat dinner before i exercise this time.

For your knees, if you are not already doing the modified version, I would.

D10L2 today...whew! I did it!

Good luck to you and let me know how ther stretch goes!
  • tsamak310
    tsamak310 Posts: 20
    Options
    I kind of fell off the wagon last Friday because my body needed a break. Unfortunately, the break lasted until Tuesday night. 4 days off eek!! I know my body needed it though, my knees and shins were really bothering me. Last night felt good to get back to it though. I was disappointed that I lost a little endurance, but that's just motivation to not take such a long break next time! I really feel like level 2 is creating some great results! I did 4 days last week, but I plan to do level 2 now for an extra 10 days, last night being day 1 of level 2.

Congrats to all those who have kept up with it!!
  • daisabelle
    Options
    LV3D4 complete. The pain in my shins has eased off more so I'm able to do the exercises properly. Hoping it'll stay this way!
  • patricac
    Options
    L3:D4 complete!