30 day shred

Options

Replies

• patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Completed Level 3 day 8 today. Only 2 more to go!

So what are you all going to do after the Shred?

I don't think I'm going to do it again or another exercise DVD until the summer holidays as I've been stealing the TV from the living room (and my flatmate) everyday for the past month. I think I should give her a break :-)

I'm thinking of giving myself a few days rest (for my foot injury) and then going to the gym 3/4 times a week. I'm hoping to actually go for walks on my "rest days" and continue doing some sort of strength training at home.

How about you?

I'm finishing up the shred and C25K this week. I'm going to take a few days off of exercising after that, give my body time to just be. LOL. I'm going to be getting Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD and use that as my strength training DVD 2-3x's a week. I've heard great things about it as far as being a full body workout. Also, going to continue running post-C25K and go to the gym for some classes (Zumba class and Yoga).
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    was the last day of my shred today. will post up official weight/measurement loss tomorrow :) went jean shopping today and came out with 2 pairs a size smaller than i was a month ago! so happy :) shredding has definitely been worth it!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    L3D5! I did the whole thing with out one break.. I only did the modified puch ups!! I am so excited! I then ran day 2 of the C25K. I feel VERY accomplished! Thanks everyone for the support and the motivation.
    Happy last couple of days Shredding!!
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hey guys, so heres the drill. unfortunately i had to shorten my shred as i'm going home 2 days earlier than planned due to dr appointments. so mine was more of a 28 day shred than a 30...never the less i still got fantastic results! overall i've lost 6lb (may not seem a lot but i've already lost a significant amount of weight so it does tend to slow down unfortunately). this averaged at about 1.5lb a week. in total i've lost...

- 0.5" off my neck
    - 1.5" off my waist
    - 3" off my hips (the place i was most eager to lose weight from as I'm very pear shaped and never lose weight from there!)
    - 1" off my arms
    - 2" off my lower thighs
    - 2" off my upper thighs

giving a total of 15" overall. which i don't think is too bad in 28 days! also i've managed to drop a full dress size on the bottom half, got two pairs of jeans yesterday!

i'm going to give myself a weeks break of heavy exercise and just do walking and pilates and then the week after i think i'm going to do tae bo for 30 days and then the shred again for the FULL 30 days.

keep up the shredding everyone and good luck :)
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    hey guys, so heres the drill. unfortunately i had to shorten my shred as i'm going home 2 days earlier than planned due to dr appointments. so mine was more of a 28 day shred than a 30...never the less i still got fantastic results! overall i've lost 6lb (may not seem a lot but i've already lost a significant amount of weight so it does tend to slow down unfortunately). this averaged at about 1.5lb a week. in total i've lost...

- 0.5" off my neck
    - 1.5" off my waist
    - 3" off my hips (the place i was most eager to lose weight from as I'm very pear shaped and never lose weight from there!)
    - 1" off my arms
    - 2" off my lower thighs
    - 2" off my upper thighs

that is FANTASTIC!!!! well done you:bigsmile:

giving a total of 15" overall. which i don't think is too bad in 28 days! also i've managed to drop a full dress size on the bottom half, got two pairs of jeans yesterday!

i'm going to give myself a weeks break of heavy exercise and just do walking and pilates and then the week after i think i'm going to do tae bo for 30 days and then the shred again for the FULL 30 days.

keep up the shredding everyone and good luck :)
  • busygirl1
    Options
    Hi all, I shredded yesterday so L3D3 done, working all day today so probably wont get it done today but will be back at it tomorrow x x x x x x :bigsmile:
  • tsamak310
    tsamak310 Posts: 20
    Options
    Lost a little motivation over the weekend :( but am trying to push myself harder for the rest of the week! I did level 1 and 2 last night, back to back. Killer workout! Definitely feeling it today though!
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I have it and would love to join you!
    This is probably a dumb question but do it for 30 days straight no off days?
  • patricac
    Options
    Officially completed the 30 day Shred in 30 consecutive Days! Woohoo!!! I will be taking measurements tomorrow and posting it here. So happy to have ejected the DVD from my player! LOL. The last workout was a good one :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    L3D5! I did the whole thing with out one break.. I only did the modified puch ups!! I am so excited! I then ran day 2 of the C25K. I feel VERY accomplished! Thanks everyone for the support and the motivation.
    Happy last couple of days Shredding!!
    Sounds like my today! L3D5, and W1D1 of the C25K! I enjoy my modified push ups, but the walking push ups give me red marks on me knees. :ohwell:

Amazing inches daisabelle!! :drinker:

FitNHappy0261... I most certainly have taken a few days off!! :flowerforyou: (About one day off every 5 days for me.)

patricac... That's an amazing accomplishment!! Congrats!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Yay! L3D6 only 4 more to go. I am loving Level 3!!!
  • patricac
    Options
    Here are my results after 30 days of the Shred:

WEIGHT: -2.80
    WAIST: -2.50
    HIPS: -2.00
    CHEST: -1.00
    UPPER ARM-R: -0.50
    UPPER ARM-L: 0.00
    THIGH-R: -0.50
    THIGH-L: -0.50
    WAIST - NATURAL: -1.00
    NECK: 0.00

TOTAL INCHES: -8.00
    AVG CALORIES BURNED: 300

I wrote a blog entry with my review of the 30DS. My blog address is listed in my signature if you're interested. Happy shredding everyone!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Wow, amazing results!

I completed it today. I took two days off - one I feel I made up for by doing Level 1 before Level 3 and then yesterday, I just did not have time!

So, here are my results:

Weight: -3.5lbs
    Natural waist: -1in
    Waist: -1in
    Hips: -1in
    Thighs: -0.5 each so -1in
    Calves: -0.5 each so 1in
    Back: -2in
    Arms: -0in

Total inch loss: 7 inches!

To be honest, I'm more about the dramatic increase in my fitness and strength. I can't believe 30 days can do that to you! I'm so happy!

Good luck to all those who are yet to finish. Keep up the amazing work...it is SO worth it!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Great results girls! I am with Cartho, I am loving the fitness level that I have acheived L3D7....
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Ok. One more day... I know that the thread is qiuet, but I really wanted to follow through..
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Jenyfur... Is today your last day? I have 3 left (including today). :bigsmile:

Who else is still going here? Have everyone else finished up?
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Hey Steph, To day is my last day and I finished it strong! I can't beleive it. It is not like me to have this much motivation. :) I also did W2D1 of the C25K. It was a little harder than last week, but I made it. Are you doing the c25K too???

I think that you and I are the only ones left on the Shred. I am going to take my measurements in the morning to see what I have accomplished in that way.... I am a little scared because I checked about 2 weeks ago and I was not down any lower than what I had checked mid way.. Either way, I have lost 7" since I started on MFP. I am pleased.

What are you going to do next? I have ripped in 30, I am going to do that next along with 6wk 6pk.
    Good luck with your shred.....:)
  • busygirl1
    Options
    Hi all!!! its been ages but I thought that I better check in since I started the thread :laugh:
    So I never really got back on track after I got sick :sick: I did do all of level 1 and 2 and 6 non-consecutive days of level 3 so didnt do too bad. My last set of measurements before I got sick were -5cm natural waist and -2cm umbilical waist :bigsmile: I am really happy with the motivation that it gave me and defo can see more definition in my upper body :0) It looks like everyone who has recorded it has seen at least some inch loss and increased fitness so for just 20 minutes a day and only £5 off Amazon I would highly recommend it. Good luck to all of you on the C25K thing. If any of you start another thread for motivation or whatever give me an add x x x x x

For now well done to all x x x :drinker:
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Hey all,
    I took my final measurments today..
    Bust -2
    Waist--2
    hips-2
    Thighs -4.5 (total)
    Arms- .5 (total)
    For total overall inches lost of 11
    I am pleased!!!
    Now I am off to do Ripped in 30 and run a little!
    hope to see oyu around here! And GREA JOB everyone! Thanks Busylady for this thread! Let us know what you are doing next or if you have another challenge for us!
    :)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Finished up the Shred, and lost some inches. I'm disappointed with the results. You can find them on my blog (link in my signature). Maybe it's cause I couldn't do L3 to the max.