30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'd like to poke my head in here, and ask a question if that's all right. A lot of you seem to be in L3! Congrats!

I got to L3 today, but I can't seem to do a lot of the jumping moves, and some of the other moves have been known to cause me back troubles, so I modified them, but when I was done, I felt like I hadn't gotten a workout at all! In L1 and 2 I was DRIPPING, but with 3, I just feel like I can't go much further with it. I don't think I'll be getting the same results for sure!

Do you think I should keep with it and try and step it up? Is there anything you guys in L3 do to protect your joints with all the jumping? Or do you think I should continue to do it modified and add L1 and 2 on alternate days, in addition to L3? My other idea was to just drop L3 all together and do L1 and 2 on alternating days for the last 9 days of the Shred... :huh:
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    I'd like to poke my head in here, and ask a question if that's all right. A lot of you seem to be in L3! Congrats!

I got to L3 today, but I can't seem to do a lot of the jumping moves, and some of the other moves have been known to cause me back troubles, so I modified them, but when I was done, I felt like I hadn't gotten a workout at all! In L1 and 2 I was DRIPPING, but with 3, I just feel like I can't go much further with it. I don't think I'll be getting the same results for sure!

Do you think I should keep with it and try and step it up? Is there anything you guys in L3 do to protect your joints with all the jumping? Or do you think I should continue to do it modified and add L1 and 2 on alternate days, in addition to L3? My other idea was to just drop L3 all together and do L1 and 2 on alternating days for the last 9 days of the Shred... :huh:

i know what you mean, the jump moves are pretty tough and I do modify- i tend to do the first set full pelt and modify the second set. The cardio is nowhere near the same as level 1 and 2 but i think that maybe the strength is aimed at definition in level 3. I was in a ball on the floor on level 2 but am fine after level 3. I do a cardio workout after it to feel like I have worked hard enough!
  • busygirl1
    Options
    ok getting back on track! did level 3 yesterday, am going to start from day 1 again as i have had 3 days off. My tonsillitis is still there but I cant sit still any longer! Tae Bo arrived today so am going to have a crack at that later. How are we all doing, post of you are seeing some results to inspire others x x :bigsmile:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Not seeig the results i had hoped for, but I am not giving up. All the jumping in level 3 is killing my legs. They get tired before I really do. I am also not sure that I have been eating enough calories. I was not eating my NET calories. I was just trying to make sure that I got in my 1200 and then the exercise was a good bonus, but I have not lost any weight. I have now started to eat all but 30 of my exercise calories back, so we will see. I do have great muscle tone.. if the chub wasn't there, I would be able to see it.
    I am going to be shredding day 3 on L3 here soon... Have a good one guys!
  • busygirl1
    Options
    Not seeig the results i had hoped for, but I am not giving up. All the jumping in level 3 is killing my legs. They get tired before I really do. I am also not sure that I have been eating enough calories. I was not eating my NET calories. I was just trying to make sure that I got in my 1200 and then the exercise was a good bonus, but I have not lost any weight. I have now started to eat all but 30 of my exercise calories back, so we will see. I do have great muscle tone.. if the chub wasn't there, I would be able to see it.

Jen- muscle tone is ace! keep with it and try to eat really clean until the end- we are nearly there!!! :bigsmile:
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    LV3D7 done. I've lost 4lb since doing the shred and 6" so far. Will tell you results officially on Tuesday when it's complete :)
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :smile: ..........
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Just 3 days left! We can do this!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options

Jen- muscle tone is ace! keep with it and try to eat really clean until the end- we are nearly there!!! :bigsmile:
    Thanks Busygirl... I do know this..I AM going to hang in there... (I am convincing my self..LOL) I can do this.. I have 7 more days left.
    I did L3D3 today and was much better than the first 2 days. I also started that C25K thing just because I wanted to have more exercise. I really appreciate your advise and motivation..
    Oh, When you say "eat clean" , you mean no junk food right? I always try to eat only non processed foods except for my Kashi cereal and better stuff like that.
    Thanks again!
  • Michelle1416
    Options
    Hey, guess what? I just started it today and its a KILLER! not to worry, its also very fun. BUT you need to work your absolute hardest to get your results. here, ill add you as a friend because i just started this website also, and i wouldnt mind having someone to talk to (:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    How are we all doing, post of you are seeing some results to inspire others x x :bigsmile:
    My measurements after L2 are posted on my blog. The link is in my signature if anyone is interested. :happy:
    i know what you mean, the jump moves are pretty tough and I do modify- i tend to do the first set full pelt and modify the second set. The cardio is nowhere near the same as level 1 and 2 but i think that maybe the strength is aimed at definition in level 3. I was in a ball on the floor on level 2 but am fine after level 3. I do a cardio workout after it to feel like I have worked hard enough!
    busygirl... Thanks so much for the advice! I did L3 again today, and I actually found it a lot harder to do this time around. I think it was because I was doing the moves with more confidence, because I knew what to do the second time around. I actually did the sumos and squats with jumping, and was careful to use good form so I wouldn't hurt myself. I think I will have to stick with L3, and maybe add cardio, like you. I want to start the C25K, so I'm thinking I'll start that early (like Jenyfur1 :drinker: ). Thanks again.

Jenyfur1... I feel those legs after L3 now too!! :drinker: And you're doing it with the C25K!!! (I'm planning to too! What are we thinking?! :laugh: )
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Completed Level 3 day 8 today. Only 2 more to go!

So what are you all going to do after the Shred?

I don't think I'm going to do it again or another exercise DVD until the summer holidays as I've been stealing the TV from the living room (and my flatmate) everyday for the past month. I think I should give her a break :-)

I'm thinking of giving myself a few days rest (for my foot injury) and then going to the gym 3/4 times a week. I'm hoping to actually go for walks on my "rest days" and continue doing some sort of strength training at home.

How about you?
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    How are we all doing, post of you are seeing some results to inspire others x x :bigsmile:
    My measurements after L2 are posted on my blog. The link is in my signature if anyone is interested. :happy:
    busygirl... Thanks so much for the advice! I did L3 again today, and I actually found it a lot harder to do this time around. I think it was because I was doing the moves with more confidence, because I knew what to do the second time around. I actually did the sumos and squats with jumping, and was careful to use good form so I wouldn't hurt myself. I think I will have to stick with L3, and maybe add cardio, like you. I want to start the C25K, so I'm thinking I'll start that early (like Jenyfur1 :drinker: ). Thanks again.

Jenyfur1... I feel those legs after L3 now too!! :drinker: And you're doing it with the C25K!!! (I'm planning to too! What are we thinking?! :laugh: )

Steph,
    C25k is not too bad in the beginning... kindo of gives them a break. You start so slow. I did 30 min yesterday and really liked it. I am going to run again tomorrow. Today, if I am stlll alive, I will maybe do 6 wk 6 pack. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!! I have to be able to support my weight on the pole! LOL! I know that it is a silly reason, but it is so much fun!
    Good Luck today!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Completed Level 3 day 8 today. Only 2 more to go!

So what are you all going to do after the Shred?

I don't think I'm going to do it again or another exercise DVD until the summer holidays as I've been stealing the TV from the living room (and my flatmate) everyday for the past month. I think I should give her a break :-)

I'm thinking of giving myself a few days rest (for my foot injury) and then going to the gym 3/4 times a week. I'm hoping to actually go for walks on my "rest days" and continue doing some sort of strength training at home.

How about you?

I am going to do Ripped in 30 I think along with 6wk 6pack and a little running... I am addicted! You all have been such help for me and great motivation.... I will friend you and maybe we can keep in touch after this challenge.... I understand about monopolizing the TV. :glasses:
  • busygirl1
    Options
    hey guys it great to see so much support in this group! What is this C25K you are talking about??? I have done L3 today, classing it as D3 as I took some time off for my illness.
    I have bought JM Boost metab/ burn fat DVD and also started Tae Bo. I want to start running when the weather is good but I am a single mum (girls aged 4&5) so am pretty housebound in the evenings. One the otherhand I dont have to worry about hogging the TV because its just me :bigsmile: I am going to aim for 30 min cardio a day when this has finished, I like the 30 day thing as it makes me work every day which also helps me focus on my diet but I might alternate a JM with another as she is hardcore!!

not long now!!!! x x x x
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    I get the single Mom thing.. It has been a while, but I remember it well. The C25K is "from the couch to running a 5K in 9 weeks. You can google it and there is a running plan that starts out pretty mild and has you running a 5 k in about 9 weeks. I am doing it to imorove my cardio, not really training for any type of race. I run on a treadmill and it takes between 30 and 40 min. depending on what day you are on. The 40 min is for the last part of the program.
    Only a few more daya left. I am not going to have Huge results because I JUST figured out that I was not eating enough... I read about it, but didn't beleive it... Oh well, live and learn.
    I am off to shred as soon as I switch the laundry out.
    Thanks for all of the support. I feel like I have just gotten to know you all and now the 30 days are almost up... We will have to think of something else... Maybe we can start an everyday exercier thread and do out own JM DVD....
    Later girls!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    L3D4..only 6 more to go!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D3 L3 done for me! I'm sorry I jumped into your thread again. I feel really bad, but I have another question, and you all are the closest group of Shredders to where I'm at! One of my fellow MFP-ers has felt pain in her hip area when doing L2/L3. I now have the same thing. Does anyone else feel this? If so, is there anyway to relieve the pain? I think it's from the planks...
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Hey Steph, no problem for jumping in. I am not sure why you are having the pain. You should make sure that you are stretching your hips and glutes after the work out, even though she does not have you do it. If you do not know the moves, you can google the positions. I like to lay on my back, one leg bent with foot on the floor and the other crossed over. I pull slightly to feel the stretch... repeat on th other side... Good luck!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Thanks Jenyfur! :flowerforyou: I'm familiar with that stretch too. I was doing it during L2 because of all the lunges, but I stopped doing that for the past week or so. I should stretch more!