30 day shred

Options

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    As the day has progressed I have to say WOW am I hurting. Did day 2 of level 2 this morning and am really feeling it. Mostly in the upper body, neck and shoulders, but generally all over. I know how unfit and weak I am, but I will get stronger.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Finished D2L3 today...I am beat by the end of it and can barely do the push ups on my knees anymore. Glad I'm sticking with it though. Reporting each day is definitely helping me out.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    OMG I just finished D1 of L1 and I have to say I am knackered - and I cycle to work every day!!!!!!!!! I'm pouring sweat after 20 mins, thank God it's not longer I think it would kill me!!!!!!

What should I log it as on my exercie thingy? :)
  • rdonald711
    rdonald711 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I just restarted D1 L1 yesterday, I tried it last week but I just did not have the time to get through it everyday. I decided that was an excuse because I can make it to the gym and do Zumba on my Wii so I know I can take 20 minutes to do this. My shoulders are so sore from those damn push-ups, but I need that, I have a PT test very soon so this can only help me get back in shape after my babies.

will post measurements soon
  • lazyamerz
    lazyamerz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've just started D1 L1 and I'm planning on a full course with 3lb weights, followed by a full course with 5lb weights.

I took my weight and measurements today and will do some before pics when I get home. Looking forward to working hard and seeing results!!

Any advice for n00bs? ;)
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    OMG I just finished D1 of L1 and I have to say I am knackered - and I cycle to work every day!!!!!!!!! I'm pouring sweat after 20 mins, thank God it's not longer I think it would kill me!!!!!!

Hi, I log it as circuit training.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Finished D2L3 today...I am beat by the end of it and can barely do the push ups on my knees anymore. Glad I'm sticking with it though. Reporting each day is definitely helping me out.
    Brit, you are doing so well. Not sure I will even try Level 3 this time round. Would have been happy to do 30 days on level 1, but am pretty pleased with myself for giving level 2 ago. Only 2 days so far at it, and boy am I sore. Now up to 16 days. Passed half way. YAY!!!:drinker:
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options

Hi, I log it as circuit training.

Thank you :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Any advice for n00bs? ;)
    Great job with the weights!!

Advice: Stick with it. Try and do it everyday. It will (should!) hurt in the beginning, but it will get easier by days 3, 4, and/or 5. Progress when you are ready. Don't peak at the other levels, or you might scare yourself. :tongue: :bigsmile: Good luck! Check in whenever you complete a day, and tell us how you did!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Now up to 16 days. Passed half way. YAY!!!:drinker:
    WooHoo!!! :drinker:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Finished D4 L2 (14/30) today! It went well. I was pleased that some of the moves were getting a little easier, but I still can't do all the moves in the last strength section with weights, nor the last plan (ab) move. I want to be able to do those all the way through by D10
  • brit1329
    Options
    Brit, you are doing so well. Not sure I will even try Level 3 this time round. Would have been happy to do 30 days on level 1, but am pretty pleased with myself for giving level 2 ago. Only 2 days so far at it, and boy am I sore. Now up to 16 days. Passed half way. YAY!!!:drinker:

Thanks. I moved on because I was getting bored with level 2. Not that it was easy, just that I was bored doing the same thing every day. But, I also did level 1 for awhile then restarted at level 2 after being sick for a week.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Day3 / Level2 - (17/30) whew
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Great Shredding Brit and Jen! :drinker: :drinker:
  • lov3alwaysk
    lov3alwaysk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    re started 30 day tonight too!!!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Level 3 day 2 today... oh yeah baby!

Say, I am getting sciatic nerve pain since starting this... anyone else? What should I do about it?
    Thanks.
  • brit1329
    Options
    Did Level 1 again today. I did another video earlier and push ups, so I wasn't sure I would make it all the way through L3. But I modified some of the exercises (adding weights during cardio) so it would be a little tougher. D13 complete, only 17 left.
  • brit1329
    Options

Say, I am getting sciatic nerve pain since starting this... anyone else? What should I do about it?
    Thanks.

I'm not having the same exact thing, but I've been having some pain in my tailbone recently. I fractured it about 9 months ago and hadn't had any trouble with it for awhile, but since I've started L2 and L3 it seems to be bothering me a little more. I wonder if it's from a similar problem.
  • Steph_135
    Options

Thanks.
    I'm not sure what that is... :laugh: Try looking up some sciatic nerve pain relief technique online. If it gets bad, your doctor can probably tell you how to feel better with stretches, like mine often does for my back pain. :flowerforyou:
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    D7L1 yesterday. It felt good. I am definitely getting stronger because I am completing just about all the sets! The side lunges with raises are still a killer, I wish I had three pound weights. I took Sunday off because I was pretty sore from snowboarding on Saturday. My DH took my down a bunch of runs that I would normally never do, so I was pretty tired. Anyways happy shredding everyone!