30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Finished D10 L2 (20/30)!! Phew! It was hard. L3 tomorrow!!

Jen!! Feel better sooooon!! :flowerforyou: What did the chiropractor say? I need to see one too... One day... Money is going to the naturopath first...
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Steph, great job finishing level 2.

I did D5, L1 today.:happy:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Finished D10 L2 (20/30)!! Phew! It was hard. L3 tomorrow!!

Jen!! Feel better sooooon!! :flowerforyou: What did the chiropractor say? I need to see one too... One day... Money is going to the naturopath first...

Dazzling effort. Level 3 wow. Chiro very sympathetic. She is exercise freak and also nursing an injury. I am feeling much better since treatment. Need to use heat pack as often as I can over the next few days and I go back next week to see her. But suggested I try to avoid exercise that involves my shoulder for the next few days. So its the stationary bike for me. And hopefully ballet friday night.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options

Hi Kate, you are doing very well. I forgot to also mention in my message to Steph, that my chiro suggests that we take a rest day at least once a week. Which I wasn't doing and now paying for it.
  • Steph_135
    Options

Thanks Kate!! Way to go!!

Jen... Use that heat. You're gonna feel so much better soon! Thanks for the advice!! I (unwillingly) have been taking off the days your chiropractor recommends anyway. :ohwell: That makes me feel better about my missed days. Best wishes!! :flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D6, L1: finished. I was thinking, "Wow, the time is really flying this morning!" Then half way through, the baby started crying and my girls were both in my room (where I was exercising so I wouldn't wake anyone:tongue: ). I just really wanted to finish because I knew that I would never get back to it. I told the kids to hang on for a few more minutes. After that, I would swear that Jillian was moving in slow motion. Workouts feel a lot longer if you have a baby screaming in the other room:grumble:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    D6, L1: finished. I was thinking, "Wow, the time is really flying this morning!" Then half way through, the baby started crying and my girls were both in my room (where I was exercising so I wouldn't wake anyone:tongue: ). I just really wanted to finish because I knew that I would never get back to it. I told the kids to hang on for a few more minutes. After that, I would swear that Jillian was moving in slow motion. Workouts feel a lot longer if you have a baby screaming in the other room:grumble:
    Oh thats tough. On the upside surely you burn more calories when exercsing under stress.:tongue:
  • lizzybedizzy
    lizzybedizzy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am new to the site and am just starting to figure out how to enter my foods and exercise. I love doing the 30 day Shred but I can't seem to find it in the Database. Is it something I should add? Or is it just listed as something I'm not thinking of?
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I am new to the site and am just starting to figure out how to enter my foods and exercise. I love doing the 30 day Shred but I can't seem to find it in the Database. Is it something I should add? Or is it just listed as something I'm not thinking of?
    Most of us without our own HRM, list it under circuit training. Enjoy
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D7, L1: finished

The exercise gods were against me this morning: Hubby was home, baby got up early, weights were missing (found in the bottom of the laundry basket). But I finally got my shredding.
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS, I never log it into my exercises because it's not in the data base (unless I'm not seeing it?)

I don't have a HRM but I see others logging it into there exercise. Hmm..how.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I log it as 20 mins circuit training.
  • lizzybedizzy
    lizzybedizzy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Perfect!!! Thanks!!! I'm just getting back into tonight. Fingers crossed my body remembers the moves :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Today I did D1 L3... It was so easy cause I had to modify most of the moves, cause I was so scared of injuring myself! I lot of the moves she does have been known to injure me before, so when I saw them, I was like :noway: I didn't (and won't) do the new jumping moves like lunges, squats, sumos, and rock stars, either... I don't know what to do now, cause this won't get me anywhere...

Maybe I should do L3 like I am, and then add L1 and 2 on alternating days (like D1 - L3 and L1, D2 - L3 and L2, D3 - L3 and L1, etc), or just do L1 and L2 alternating days, and pretend that L3 isn't even there... What do you guys think?
    _________

Kate... I love how you are dodging all these things that COULD get in your way, but you aren't letting them! :drinker:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Steph, I haven't even watched level 3 yet. You need to listen to your body and avoid injury.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D8, L1: finished

While doing the shred, my 6 year old came in and entertained me the whole 20 minutes by chatting about her favorite color of jelly beans.

While doing my stepper, 2 minutes before I hit my 30 minute mark, the stepper broke. When I picked up the piece to see why it had broken, I burned and blistered across 3 of my fingures. It had gotten too hot.

Half-way through my stationary bike, my ipod stopped working and I can't fix it.

Yup, the exercise gods hate me!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    D8, L1: finished

While doing the shred, my 6 year old came in and entertained me the whole 20 minutes by chatting about her favorite color of jelly beans.

While doing my stepper, 2 minutes before I hit my 30 minute mark, the stepper broke. When I picked up the piece to see why it had broken, I burned and blistered across 3 of my fingures. It had gotten too hot.

Half-way through my stationary bike, my ipod stopped working and I can't fix it.

Yup, the exercise gods hate me!

Oh Kate, I can agree with you. It certainly makes you think about the benefit of exercise. I am still taking it easy with my shoulder although its feeling 99% better. You do realise that physio offices are filled with fit people (?) ie. runners, basketballers, footballers, dancers etc etc, very rarely do you find a couch potato there. I work casually for 2 dance studios. Yesterday I was working at the biggest in our city over 300 dancers through for classes and I had to call the ambulance. One poor dancer pulled/ strained something and wasn't able to walk. Hopefully its not too bad but due to not being able to walk called for ambo. Now that wouldn't have happened if at home using a remote control to change TV channels. But even though we risk injury, machine malfunctions, family interruptions, etc, we have a happier life. Good for you for working through all your obstacles. :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I did D2 L3 (22/30) today thanks to Kate, who made me realize that my inner child is a brat who needed to be discipline (aka acknowledged and dealt with) today when I really didn't want to do the Shred this evening. :flowerforyou:

L3 was harder today, now that I knew how to do the moves, and I'm proud to say that I completed the sumos and lunges with jumping today (and of course, extreme proper form to avoid injury!).
    _________
    Steph, I haven't even watched level 3 yet. You need to listen to your body and avoid injury.
    Thanks Kate! You're my hero of the day! :flowerforyou: I'm sorry you burnt your fingers cause you were working harder than the machine could handle. :ohwell: You probably have a warranty for that. Maybe you have one for the iPod too. The exercise gods are challenging you to see if you are ready for the next level of success!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Jen... As I was scrolling down the posts, I had to roll back up to yours and see who that fabulous person was in your photo, cause I still didn't recognize it!! Really glad to hear your shoulder is better! :happy: I liked your pep talk to Kate.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I started over today. A new 30 days of Shred.

I finally completed level 3 and today was day 1 of level 1. It felt great. I was actually able to keep up with "bad *kitten* Nat". :laugh: It made me remember when I first started this. I couldn't even do the jumping jacks for the full 30 seconds at a time without taking a short break, and today it was a breeze. I increased my weights again (I'm up to 5 lbs now, started at 3 lbs). That definitely made me feel the burn. I mostly did all modified moves the first time around, but this second 30 days I'm going to try all the higher impact/bad-*kitten* moves! I'm pumped!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I started over today. A new 30 days of Shred.

I finally completed level 3 and today was day 1 of level 1. It felt great. I was actually able to keep up with "bad *kitten* Nat". :laugh: It made me remember when I first started this. I couldn't even do the jumping jacks for the full 30 seconds at a time without taking a short break, and today it was a breeze. I increased my weights again (I'm up to 5 lbs now, started at 3 lbs). That definitely made me feel the burn. I mostly did all modified moves the first time around, but this second 30 days I'm going to try all the higher impact/bad-*kitten* moves! I'm pumped!!

You're awesome!