30 day shred

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Steph and Jen!

I got a new stepper. It's the same brand, so hopefully it'll last longer than 2 weeks. My ipod is fried ( a direct quote from apple tech support). It isn't covered under warranty through apple anymore, but my brother works at Costco, where I got it) and he thinks that Costco may still cover it.

Now I'm off to try again. Wish me luck!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    D3 L3 (23/30) done! Feeling good! Added 15 minutes of walking/jogging.
    _________

Good luck Kate!!

Flacachica... What a difference eh? I really wanna get back to L1 and see what I can do now. I think I could do the L1 push ups for real now!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Awesome job, Steph! I finished D9, L1. I'm having a really hard time getting to my stepper or my stationary bike. My body is dragging today!:yawn:
  • jennmom2three
    Options
    I started D1 L1 of "30 day shred" today. I have to say I am way out of shape and it was quite hard for me. But, I DID finish it!!! My favorite part was when my 9 year old son came in and said " no mom, you need to do oppisite elbow to knee" Ha!!! He cracks me up!!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I started over today. A new 30 days of Shred.

I finally completed level 3 and today was day 1 of level 1. It felt great. I was actually able to keep up with "bad *kitten* Nat". :laugh: It made me remember when I first started this. I couldn't even do the jumping jacks for the full 30 seconds at a time without taking a short break, and today it was a breeze. I increased my weights again (I'm up to 5 lbs now, started at 3 lbs). That definitely made me feel the burn. I mostly did all modified moves the first time around, but this second 30 days I'm going to try all the higher impact/bad-*kitten* moves! I'm pumped!!

Wow, you are inspiring. I was up to day 23 straight, when I was forced to take a break with a sore shoulder. But am planning to start back tomorrow. And can't believe it but I'm actually looking forward to it.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Awesome job, Steph! I finished D9, L1. I'm having a really hard time getting to my stepper or my stationary bike. My body is dragging today!:yawn:

Kate, you are going great, but if you feel you need a rest day take it. I am itching now to get back into my exercise, but do feel renewed for having taken a break.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    D3 L3 (23/30) done! Feeling good! Added 15 minutes of walking/jogging.
    _________

Well done Steph. Level 3 and walking/jogging. You must be feeling happy and healthy.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I started D1 L1 of "30 day shred" today. I have to say I am way out of shape and it was quite hard for me. But, I DID finish it!!! My favorite part was when my 9 year old son came in and said " no mom, you need to do oppisite elbow to knee" Ha!!! He cracks me up!!!
    Hi Jennifer, Well done you for starting. Oh yes I found Level 1 hard and it was a real shock to see just how out of shape I was. I did move up to level 2 for a few days then put myself back to Level 1, it still gives me enough of a work out. I tried to do 30 days without a break got to 23, but then a sore shoulder stopped me. Probably my body telling me that I should take rest days. Sounds like you have a 9yo trainer there to help you along the way.:smile:
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing the 30 day shred as well, but from what I understand from Jillian is that it's not suppose to be done 30 days in a row that it's meant to be done 5-6 times a week. You should give your body a rest day at least one per week even though it's only a 20-25 minute work out. Give your muscles a chance to recover so you can then "tear" them again.

I plan to do it 4-5 times a week 10 days on each level which in turn would make it "30" days. I start level 2 this week.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Great work jennmom2three!!

jellyfishjen... YAY! You're coming back! I was happy that I did it, but my eating today made me feel not so healthy. :ohwell:

NNouwens02... I think we have all figured that out here, whether it be the easy way, or the hard way. :flowerforyou:

Kate... When you had that pain in your hip (that was you, right? I forget what you called it...), did you do anything to make it better? Mine started hurting on the right side in the last 2/3rds of L2, and now it's even worse... I can't do my belly dancing so well, because of the hip pain... :cry:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Steph, I didn't have hip problems. I got tendonitis in my ankle. I had to buy better shoes (according to my ortho guy) and do lower impact stuff.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Finished D10, L1:happy:

Level 2 tomorrow? You bet! (Ihope)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Steph, I didn't have hip problems. I got tendonitis in my ankle. I had to buy better shoes (according to my ortho guy) and do lower impact stuff.
    Oh, it must have been someone else then. :blushing:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I'm Back. Not happy, after 8 day break (due to shoulder), I feel I had lost a lot of what I had gained. Sticking to Level 1 and it was hard. Checked my diary I thought I had done 23 days but no only 22. So I guess if I keep counting I'm up to Day 23.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Jen, it'll come back!:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D11, L1 and D1, L2: finished! Wow, that is tough!:huh:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D25 L3! So close... I also did W(eek)1 D(ay)1 of the C25K today. Everything went well, and I'm feeling pretty good. It was really nice to get running again, and a great sunny day to do it!
    _________
    I'm Back. Not happy, after 8 day break (due to shoulder), I feel I had lost a lot of what I had gained. Sticking to Level 1 and it was hard. Checked my diary I thought I had done 23 days but no only 22. So I guess if I keep counting I'm up to Day 23.
    Great job Jen! Your muscles just need to be woken up again! I doubt you lost much momentum in a week. :flowerforyou:

Nice going Kate!!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Day 24, stayed with level 1 again. Feeling good, even though I huffed and puffed my way through, and am sweating heaps. Best thing about exercising at home. My own shower. :smile:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D12, L1 and D2, L2: finished! Whew
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm taking today off to rest my sore thighs/hips. Shred and C25K again tomorrow!
    Best thing about exercising at home. My own shower. :smile:
    When I went to the gym, I never used their shower... I was like, I'm going home anyway, so why not just shower there? People probably thought it was dirty... :laugh: If I was as confident as those girls running around it the change room with no clothes, then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it's just not for me. :laugh: :laugh: :blushing: