What is "flirting"?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I totally understand why many of you would want to voice your opinion about responsibilities and how it can be harmful etc. But we're not in HS. We're all adults I assume?
    What may be flirting to you vs what I think is flirting could very well be different.
    However, we all have to make our own decisions. We should be capable of that?

You would think.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    LOL what has gotten into everyone at MFP?! I am seeing a lot of topics on flirting and what you find attractive, etc, etc. Hahaha..too funny. :smooched: :laugh:

Ill tell you what has gotten into everyone. Spring is just around the corner and everyone is getting Twitterpated! LOL:love:

OH Twitterpated... {sigh} I loved Bambi... especially when they all get twitterpated!!

And yes, it's Spring Fever with Valentine's Day around the corner.... and so many people getting all sexyfied with their new bodies! (Yes, I said it... sexyfied...)

I really do think that has alot to do with it . Valentines day included. Lots of really good looking people around here. People that havent looked good in a while and they are ready to strut their stuff. Spring is in the air. It may be all mental but I definitely think Its hard wired into us. It has really been amped up around her lately you can almost feel the vibration.

Its kind of cute to see all these "new" people feel like this. I know I do. I'm a new person and spring and summer are going to be amazing! Everyone likes to feel twitterpated!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I totally understand why many of you would want to voice your opinion about responsibilities and how it can be harmful etc. But we're not in HS. We're all adults I assume?
    What may be flirting to you vs what I think is flirting could very well be different.

You would think.

I guess I think that if somehow flirting or whatever one calls it online here would lead a person to stray then it is probably most certain that they will eventually regardless.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

You would think.

I guess I think that if somehow flirting or whatever one calls it online here would lead a person to stray then it is probably most certain that they will eventually regardless.

Right- but we're not eight years old correct? LOL>
    I'm just saying- let's chill out on the 'now now kids! no kissing!'.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    I am freezing, I am going back to the beach. Speaking of flirting, now where did the "Rock" :love: go....... ohh sugar......
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

You would think.

Right- but we're not eight years old correct? LOL>
    I'm just saying- let's chill out on the 'now now kids! no kissing!'.

No kissing?

dammit.pouty.gif
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I am freezing, I am going back to the beach. Speaking of flirting, now where did the "Rock" :love: go....... ohh sugar......

I have him chained up in my basement. :smokin:

His pitiful cries for me to get dressed & release him are really killing the mood though. :angry: :grumble:
  • Still_Sossy
    Options

I have him chained up in my basement. :smokin:

His pitiful cries for me to get dressed & release him are really killing the mood though. :angry: :grumble:

Ohhh, gag him, he probably looks better that way!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Flirting is harmless, it just people that have a bit of a connection and have a laugh. Men do tend to take it a bit wrong some times, and start to think with their pants.....but thats just the way we are programmed.
    :glasses:
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options

You would think.

Excellent point. I think most people can harmlessly flirt within the bounds of acceptability for their own relationship (in that different relationships could have different bounds). When someone's flirtation goes outside of those boundaries, it can't be blamed simply on the fact that flirting goes on. It's simply a sign of something else wrong in that person's relationship.

(Wow was that written poorly, but hopefully my point got across).
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    it is only flirting if the person is within drivable range, otherwise it just goofy chatting and trying to be funny :tongue:
    disagree.
    Rj and I met online. Friends first then well...here we are now. Sadly, we are not in driving distance.

That's sweet and sad at the same time. Hopefully one of these day you will be within driving distance or closer?
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    it is only flirting if the person is within drivable range, otherwise it just goofy chatting and trying to be funny :tongue:
    disagree.
    Rj and I met online. Friends first then well...here we are now. Sadly, we are not in driving distance.

That's sweet and sad at the same time. Hopefully one of these day you will be within driving distance or closer?
    it's all good. we make it work bc it's worth it.
    and being in closer proximity long term is def in the plans :)