Greek Yogurt is sooooo yucky! What can I do to make it taste

Options

Replies

• MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    Friends raved about Chobani and I tried it and initially thought it was gross, too close in look and texture to sour cream. But $$ is tight and someone gave me a case of vanilla Oikos brand so I've been eating it. I add a teaspoon of cinnamon sugar and sometimes dried fruit or cereal to it and it is still a better snack than other things I used to grab. Good Luck!
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try Fage!
  • iva001
    iva001 Posts: 162
    Options
    I am confused as to why a person would try to choke down a food item they clearly don't like.

PROTEIN CONTENT!!! Thats the only reason why.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! This was from last year! :)
    I've tried several since this post.

I remember trying the greek at first and thinking-ewww! :( After eating several containers of it, it is the only kind I buy now.
    The last brand I tried was Oikos or something like that. It was a black cherry flavor. It's good to mix the container really good since the fruit is at the bottom. I mixed it with fresh blueberries and some biochem vanilla protein powder the other day. It's really good with just the vanilla powder. Adds a bit of flavor and sweetness I guess. I thought it would be gritty and was making a face before I even tried it, but I was happy with how it tasted. :)

Then another one came with granola on top that you mix really good with the yogurt. The thing that I found that works the best to get used to it is when you go to take a bite, think of cheesecake or that consistency. It's certainly a different texture than the standard regular yogurt. Kind of thick like cheesecake. I had a peach one that was really good the other day too.
  • warden1962
    warden1962 Posts: 10
    Options
    Try mixing it with Jello Cheesecake Pudding Mix...it takes just like you're eating cheesecake and doesn't add that many calories. One small package of jello mix with flavor 1/2 to 1 whole tub of plain Greek yogurt, depending on taste. You can add some fruit on top and you'll feel like you're eating dessert. See my "Mock Cheesecake" in the recipe section.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% honey greek yogurt. It is amazing stuff.

I do not like the Chobani nonfat yogurt at all.
  • Mrsatl03
    Mrsatl03 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat it as a sour cream substitute!! I eat it in baked sweet potatoes, mashed cauliflower, to top fajitas etc!! i haven't tried it as a dessert type yogurt. Maybe you need to look at it differently. Oh and I eat FAGE... its thick and i love it.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get into Greek yogurt because of the protein. I really like the taste of the Chobani Apple Cinnamon, but my problem is the smell of yogurt. I can tolerate the taste, but the smell s horrible. Anyone else feel this way?
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I am confused as to why a person would try to choke down a food item they clearly don't like.

PROTEIN CONTENT!!! Thats the only reason why.

Yes. Greek yogurt is the only/best way to get more protein.

Obviously.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I never understand why people want to eat stuff they don't like. There are a billion other foods in the world. Eat something else.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt with almost all of my meals but I HATE it by itself or with fruit.
    And I love it on top of pancakes and sweeten it with Truvia and thin it out with some unsweetened almond milk and cinnamon to taste. It's delicious!!

and I eat Fage 0%
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    wait....WHAT? IM OBSESSED ahahaha

try Fage 0% with peanut butter mixed in! just ate that. or add golean cereal in it, or some blueberries, razberries, strawberries, etc!

or just add sugar :)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    LOL... edited due to the fact that this tread is from over a year ago.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Some granola and blueberries! It's like blueberry cheesecake!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like it as a dip, with cucumber, mint and garlic, in a smoothie also with fresh fruit and allbranor with maple syrup, hazelnuts or walnuts or add some honey too.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I get the plain greek yogurt and add in my own fruits or mix it into my morning oatmeal. I didn't like it at first, but I love it now. Granola is good with it too.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    i can agree with you on the taste of chobani. I don't enjoy it. I do however love Fage's greek yogurt!!! its the best. I also like cabot's greek yogurt. It's sweet.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to eat it on its own... but I never really tried that hard either. I mostly just use it to replace mayo in recipes now
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have a long-term, permanent solution for you: don't buy it again.
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I buy the Astro Balkan style yogurt and add my own fruit and honey...better for u I think :)