Support for the men & dads on the forum. RE; For the 30 som

Options

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    burn it up riley, lol. I am takin a recovery day today.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Did another 516 with Insanity tonight. Did all the Pure Cardio routine except the last exercise since I physically can't do it. I just fall down on the ground. It is a push-up where as you go down you jump your legs a part and then on the up portion bring them back together. When I do it I just end up on the ground going no where, so I did squat thrusts instead.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    lol, sounds like something I would do, I almost land on my *kitten* doing those tabatha thrusts I swear sometimes I am very uncorodinated lol.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Not too long ago I wouldn't have been able to do a bunch of stuff I do now no problem. I'm sure I will get it eventually, but not yet :smile:
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Lol I think sometimes that the more top heavy you are muscle or fat wise the harder it gets to do some things, last workout I had ot take a few steps back every 3rd or 4th thrust to regain balance, maybe I am just not using enough weight as its hard not to do a small jump at the peak.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I had a light run session last night. My hammies are still sore from my first two outdoor runs. I'm hoping to work in at least one if not two more outdoor runs this week but with this snow and ice it's looking grim.

Oh and add another 258 to my total for my quick run last night.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Well, I got 1002 burned for today. It took two workouts, but I'm glad I got it. I almost stopped my second workout at 467 but then realized a few more minutes and I would have enough for 1000 or more for the day. Now to have something to eat.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Ok guys update pls msg me ur totals for the week on sunday I will post them in order and declare the winner of the challenge no later than monday morning, I am finding myself a little to pressed on time to check in on everyone and keep tally.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    For the men wanting to join the group add me as a friend with the msg for wanting in on the challenges and what not, also refer to my blog as I am posting my personal experience as well as tips and tricks for men.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    bump for the men.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    bump for the men feel free to join in guys.
  • outersoul
    Options
    So you just want a week total for Monday thru Sunday?
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    yep from monday to sunday because the new weekly challenge will be posted on monday. I am going to be doing a diet one this week get the guys to shake things up and see if they feel any changes for the week. As always the challenge is optional but I encourage all to participate.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Ok so to date these are the numbers I have received, paul is in the lead so msg me your cal burns guys guys.;

paulmmichaud 9416
    Newfiedan 4101
    rileysowner 3788
    aweigh2go 3,561
  • egoplast
    egoplast Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Permission to come aboard? I currently do 60 min of cardio 5 x's a week. I have hit a spot so I kicked in Kettlebell for 20 min 3 x's a week. I have kettlebelled for a couple of years and really enjoy it. Can feel the HR increase while kettlebelling. Any other kettlebell men?

Love the bells- I took a break from all working out for awhile, but I now am getting back into working out. Man the bells are feeling heavy right now.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    gettin back into it takes some time for sure, welcome to the group, feel free to add me for updates to weekly challenges and tips/tricks for diet and workouts.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Updated cal burns;

paulmmichaud 9416
    Newfiedan 4101
    rileysowner 3788
    aweigh2go 3,561
    jeffman622 2846
    Dan2k11 1404
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Updated cal burns;

paulmmichaud 9416
    Newfiedan 4101
    rileysowner 3788
    aweigh2go 3,561
    jeffman622 2846
    Dan2k11 1404
    daddyratty 1169

I was disappointed that more people did not get into this, the point guys was to motivate you to work out more, so there are no winners or losers in that respect. Anyhow good showing for those who did submit to it, glad to see you put the effort in guys.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I apologize for not getting my totals in. I meant to do it yesterday but we have company over and after they left I immediately crashed for the night. Either way, here's my total for the week.

2603 cals burned...
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I didn't think about joining the challenge, but I had 2592. for the week.