New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• lobato80
    Options
    currently going through each video 1x to familerize myself with it I will be starting next week sometime! Cant wait, I am sooooooo EXCITED!!
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    currently going through each video 1x to familerize myself with it I will be starting next week sometime! Cant wait, I am sooooooo EXCITED!!

that is a great idea - I started p90x yesterday and find myself trying to figure out a lot of the moves as I go along. I figure I'll get better at them as I go along in the program, but I'm loving it so far!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options

that is a great idea - I started p90x yesterday and find myself trying to figure out a lot of the moves as I go along. I figure I'll get better at them as I go along in the program, but I'm loving it so far!

You will. Some of them take a little practice, but into the second week things will begin to click. For me I had trouble moving from Power 90's Ab Ripper 100 & 200 into Ab Ripper X. Some of the moves carried over, but others did not. By the end of week two I could essentially do all of the moves (some of them modified) but not all of the reps. Now by the end of week three I can do almost all of the reps, though some of the moves are still modified. I hope to progress enough that midway through I can do almost all of the moves to their full reps, with as few of them modified as possible.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! This is going to be a great thread, I can feel it! You guys are making me want to start sooner but I've got to finish up my current hybrid first and do a recovery week in between. So, it's still the 28th for me and my fiance says he's going to do it with me. I'm not holding my breath but I do hope he sticks to it with me, it would be nice to have a partner!

Emma and Lizard: I look forward to our first day! Let's rock this!

Keep up the good work all and keep posting! We all need daily encouragement and support from each other! And keep pushing play!

Deb
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Are any of u following the nutrition plan?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Dara: As a matter of fact, I'm literally going over my "menu" and I need to get in more calories! But, yes, I am following the portion plan, it just works better for me since I have a family of 4.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Dara: As a matter of fact, I'm literally going over my "menu" and I need to get in more calories! But, yes, I am following the portion plan, it just works better for me since I have a family of 4.

I'm gonna try it tomorrow- I was doing the meal approach- how many calories are u supposed to consume?!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I am consuming about 1750-1800 for phase I and I may continue that into phase II if I still feel I need to get some extra fat off.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I am consuming about 1750-1800 for phase I and I may continue that into phase II if I still feel I need to get some extra fat off.

Ok, we are doing the same ;) this is all confusing still?
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i've got my calories set at 1800, also, but don't know if I'm really burning the 600 they build in for the workouts. Today I actually saw a half pound gain on the scale, but it's only Day 3 so I'll have to wait and see if I need to adjust my calories. I feel good so I think that's what matters.

Going to go do the shoulders portion today and Ab Ripper and see if I can move the rest of the day!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i've got my calories set at 1800, also, but don't know if I'm really burning the 600 they build in for the workouts. Today I actually saw a half pound gain on the scale, but it's only Day 3 so I'll have to wait and see if I need to adjust my calories. I feel good so I think that's what matters.

Going to go do the shoulders portion today and Ab Ripper and see if I can move the rest of the day!

I am in week 4 and have not seen much of a loss on the scale...but everything is firming up so I know I am building muscle. Trying not to let the numbers on the scale get to me. It is making a difference!
  • Tracey1234
    Tracey1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OK....So Day 2 did not happen for me. I had such a bad day that I came home sat on the couch and ate a cupcake. I know not a good choice at all! Tonight I will do Cardo X and get back on board.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Morning all! Just had my yummy Shakeology, now time to push play soon! This schedule is actually working out perfect because this is my last week of my hybrid and then next week will be my recovery week before starting on the 28th, so it worked out great!

Last night, I spent some time going over the nutrition plan and figuring out my menu for phase I. I have to have things written out for me, just helps the process and keeps me on track.

Tracey: Uh oh....don't worry, we all have those days. Just get back up and keep going!

Stefani: Yep, the scale can be your worst enemy! That's the lean muscle you're building girl! Keep it up!

Linda: Nice job! I love the shoulders workout! One of my favs!

Keep it up peeps, I'll be there with ya in no time! Love to see the committment though! Good job!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Deb
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting Monday as well. We are gonna spend this weekend planning out meals and getting resistance bands and what not. We are both really looking forward to it. I started doing the program about 2 years ago then I became pregnant and had to stop because my morning sickness was so bad. It was a great hard workout but I always felt great afterwards. I also lost 8lbs that first week :)
  • Ellie0260
    Options
    Good Morning All !

I have planned to start the P90X challenge on Monday as well, I am new to P90X and will be doing the Lean version. My husband and hopefuly a few of my friends are going to join in as well, but we will see =] I am very excited about this challenge and very determined to stick to it!

Cant wait to start =]
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    Count me in! I downloaded the entire set a few weeks ago (what a search to find digital copies of the paper components!) and I've been waiting until my fitness level had improved enough to start it.

I figure by the 28th that's like 6 weeks of pushing myself with other videos so it sounds like a good time to dive into p90x!
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am a newbie, but have done 1 round of P90x before, then I had some life happenings and I really havent done much with my fitness ever since. I had AWESOME results and am ready to rock it this time and feeling much better. I'd LOVE to join you all on the 28th. :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Welcome Lovely, Curried, Ellie and Jata! :drinker: Glad you found us!

This is going to be so exciting to read about everyone's successes, struggles and accomplishments! I can't wait to get started!

Feel free to friend me while you're at it! :flowerforyou:

Deb
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'll join! My husband and I are actually starting Monday so we'll be a little off your schedule but not a big deal to me if it's not to you. This will be our first round and I'm very excited! I do Taekwondo and I'm really looking forward to what this will do for my martial arts (not to mention the hope that I'll lose some weight!)

Today, just for the heck of it I did Ab Ripper X and the Kenpo DVD's. They were awesome! I figured if there were any DVD's that I could make it through I thought it would be the Kenpo, lol. I needed the assurance I could do this.

I took my measurements today and my DH will help me with pictures later. I also need to officially do my fit test (though I already know what I can pass and what's more of a struggle. Just need the numbers.)
  • Tracey1234
    Tracey1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok - Yesterday I completed Cardio X. Today is Shoulder & Arms, Ab Ripper X. I am ready to do this. Can't want to get home from work.