New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 last night. Im going out of town this weekend and didnt wanna miss too many days of the weekout. Although I may copy that day to my laptop and see if I will have room to workout in my hotel. But the workout was awesome. I was able to do about all of the exercises. Some I could only do 5 but hey I did them! Im looking forward to Plyometrics tonight!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Very excited to start 7 days from now!
    My Body Media should be here in a few days... and I will be all recovered from my illness!! Perfect timing -- and knowing that I have friends and support make it all the easier!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My Body Media should be here in a few days... and I will be all recovered from my illness!! Perfect timing -- and knowing that I have friends and support make it all the easier!

Yay!!!!! I'm excited to start with you girl! You are going to love your BodyMedia! Wow, this must be just like Christmas all over again for you! So much to look forward to!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options

Yay!!!!! I'm excited to start with you girl! You are going to love your BodyMedia! Wow, this must be just like Christmas all over again for you! So much to look forward to!

Haha its better than Christmas! Hopefully the end result will be some weight loss and a better healthier body (and maybe some faster running times too)

I am also going on a scale diet from March 9 - April 24th as well... allowing me to solely focus on the process!
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So I finished my first week. I don't know about anyone else, but P90X is kicking my butt. WOW! In 1 week I can feel my muscles getting firmer. This is awesome. I also found my ideal time to work out (4:30AM before everyone is up). I am sure to get it in then. So excited!!!!

I've finished the first week, also. I've got the same idea as you with workout time although I'm sleeping in until 5:30 a.m.!! Looking forward to the workouts getting easier over the next couple of weeks and being able to do more reps. I can't wait to do Kenpo again!
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started my new round today and am feeling AWESOME! I am so proud of myself, I was able to finish the entire Ab Ripper workout as well and I havent worked out in 2 weeks. Woo-hoo! Love P90x soo much! I feel awesome.
  • LauraJWill
    LauraJWill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started today and let me tell you there is a lot I can't do!! However, I am surprisingly optimistic that with the program as long as I try each and every move I feel that I will see some progress and those decline push ups will be conquered :) Atleast I hope so :)

Now just to keep motivated, I am definately one who is gung ho in the beginning and then I quit :( Maybe I will check back so often here and get my motivation. Love seeing all the fantastic results from this program!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Dont feel bad - I am anticipating about 60% of the video I will not be able to do, but I am going to try and maintain a positive attitude!
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It gets better, I promise! I have finished one round of P90x before, and I know that the first week is REALLY intense but as long as you keep on doing it it gets easier and your body starts transforming. P90x will get you amazing results as long as you keep up with the program.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I did it! I brought it (and then it tried to kill me but I prevailed!) I was actually surprised by how I did. I was expecting to struggle through most things even with modification but found that I need to buy a higher weight resistance band and I need to bump up my dumbell weight. I was doing a 30# band and 10# weights. By the second round I'd switched up to 13.5# dumbells and that was better.

The pushups I'm still on my knees but I was actually able to accomplish them that way. I do 20 on my knuckles during my TKD classes but I don't have very good form. I chose to start on my knees to get my form where it needs to be and then I'll switch to toes.

I don't have a pull up bar so I did all those exercises with the band and definitely need a higher resistance or I'll never move up to the bar!

But I did it! I survived day one and I'm now watching Plyometrics to see what I'm up against tomorrow. Now to see if I will live through my TKD class tonight!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I seem to actually be getting worse the more I go on. I don't seem to be able to eat enough to keep up, and I've been feeling light-headed and naseous when I'm working out. I'm finding myself completely sitting out (well, walking around) during some of the exercises, like the over/under push-ups. I tried once on each side, then I kind just walked around a bit.

I just don't seem to have the energy to get the enthusiasm to do it. Wonder if I'm pushing it too much.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Wow, the more I read these posts, the more I can't wait to start!!! Everyone is just rockin it!

Crowhorse: You're probably right, you may need to increase your intake. It does take a lot of good nutrition for this program and may seem like you're eating a lot and you are but your body needs it. Feeling naseous isn't good girl. Maybe just try modifying some of the moves or doing parts of them, going at your own pace. It will get better, promise.

knittnponder: Way to go girlfriend!!!! :drinker: You're doing great! Take it easy at your class tonight because you're gonna need the energy for tomorrow's plyo! And remember, do what you can do, don't feel like you have to keep up with anyone, you'll still get an amazing sweat! Keep up the good work!

Lovely: Bring it girl! Nice work today!

lwilliams: Welcome to the group! That is what I love about this program is that you can physically see and feel your body transforming and getting stronger! Are you using the workout sheets to keep track every day? That's the fun part! To look back every week and see how far you've come! And definatley keep posting on here, we're here to keep each other motivated and support each others' efforts! Keep pushing play and the results will follow!

Even though this is my recovery week, I still need to get in a good sweat so I'm going to push play myself and get some Turbo Fire going! Make it a great day everyone!

Deb
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Starting today round 1...a little nervous. Wish me luck.
  • LauraJWill
    LauraJWill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes I am using all the sheets to write it down so I should be able to see how I develop, I can't wait! Thanks for being so encouraging its great to see that this program can work for everyone!!

Laura
  • ddavies919
    Options
    dyianne: Welcome! We're here to help you get through it! With a little determination and effort, you can get through anything! Have a great workout! And remember what Tony always says, "Do your best and forget the rest!"

Deb
  • kirstengirl
    Options
    I have been doing P90x for a month now, but only do 3 times a week. I do love it! I run too, so I don't do it on my run days. I'll be checking in on this group though! Thanks!!

Kirsten
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I have been doing P90x for a month now, but only do 3 times a week. I do love it! I run too, so I don't do it on my run days. I'll be checking in on this group though! Thanks!!

Kirsten

Welcome Kirsten! Glad to have another X'er! Bring it! :happy: Keep us posted and keep it up!
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first week of P90X. Definitely the most challenging workout I've ever done. My whole body is sore! :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're starting our 4th round on that date as well. We just finished the 3rd round this weekend, and this week is going to be a "free for all" and "anything goes" type of week.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I'm almost starting week three of phase 1, seeing great results thus far!

BRING IT!