5'5'' ladies...what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    at just shy of 5'5" my realistic goal that i have set myself is 133lbs but if i'm honest i'd prefer to be 120-125, just got to try and prevent my bust heading south as i've only just got used to having a cleavage lol any tips?
  • lelegrev
    Options
    After being close to 200 for a long while, I would be happy with 135/140.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Well, my first goal is 145. I have no recollection of ever being that weight range (probably haven't been since 6th grade- LOL). I'm currently at 179 and am finally starting to see definition in my waist and curves that I like. Once I get to the 145 range, I will have to reevaluate and see. I would love to be able to get to the 130's and stay at that, but not sure how realistic that is. Only time will tell! :bigsmile:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'6" and my goal weight is 130 lbs. Once I reach this goal (6 lbs. to go!) I will reevaluate and see if I should shoot for less. But after I reach 130 lbs. my main focus will be on toning rather than additional weight loss.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what my goal weight is. I'm 5'4" and weight 221 lbs as of today, which one is a size 18-20 (UK size), but I would like to be a 12-14 and I have no idea what weight that would be. So I think my goal is in dress sizes rather than weight.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm at 143 now, and originally I was planning for 120, but I don't think that I have that much left to come off my body. I'm planning for 130 now, but I'm planning on some weight training to start getting toned. If I could lose 3-5 lbs in my arms & upper body, 3-5 off my thighs and 3-5 off my stomach, I'll be super psyched!
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and a half and my goal weight is 125. I've been 130 for years now which would be fine with me if I didn't have the extra flab. Honestly I don't care as much about the number as I do about inches and how I feel in my clothes. If I could look 5 pounds of fat but gain more muscle I would be fine with it. I also think it depends on your age and frame. When I was 20 I weighted 110-115 and I think I looked fine but at 31 I would probably look sick and unhealthy at that weight.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and would like to be 145. I have been 150 before and looked good, but didn't maintain. (Didn't have the support I have here though.). I am shooting for 145 and think--scratch that--KNOW I can do it this time.
    Good luck ladies
    :flowerforyou:
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4''- currently my goal is 160... I don't remember at any time weighing less then 170, even when I was in high school and used to run 2 miles every day.

My first goal is 15 pounds. Then I will re-evaluate after every 5. I was blessed with curvy hips, and I know I would look like a skeleton if I got below 130.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im right around 5'5", I would be excited to get under 200. About 8 lbs to go, after that, I just want to get to where I healthy and can do stuff. I don't have a goal weight, never really thought of it. Just trying to lose.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" (every half-inch counts!) and my goal is 120. But I might not worry about getting down that low -- I might stop at 130 or 125, depending on how I'm looking. I always look thinner than I actually am, and I don't want my bones sticking out.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what my goal weight is. I'm 5'4" and weight 221 lbs as of today, which one is a size 18-20 (UK size), but I would like to be a 12-14 and I have no idea what weight that would be. So I think my goal is in dress sizes rather than weight.

I am 5ft 5 and bang in the middle of 12-14, I keep saying I wish they made 13s lol. I weigh 155lb
  • RockCreak
    Options
    My gw is 150lbs. I'm taking it day by day!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is 150, when I reach it I will reasses my goals based on what I see and how I feel, but I have been less than that before and due to being top heavy looked very odd if I don't keep a little meat on my hips. I remember having to always tuck in my shirts because I looked like a tent being supported by two twigs.
  • shanhawk
    Options
    Im 5'5" and my goal weight is 130....at least for now. I have a long way to go, but Im looking forward to the journey! I haven't been in the 130's since before I had children. But Im confident that I can do it. Good Luck everyone!!
  • gini2407
    gini2407 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal is 150. I have an athletic build and I'm pretty muscular, so I'm trying to keep it realistic. I've been way under that (many, MANY years ago), and I just didn't look healthy. So good luck to everyone......we can do it! :bigsmile:
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options

I am 5ft 5 and bang in the middle of 12-14, I keep saying I wish they made 13s lol. I weigh 155lb
    Ah thanks, maybe that would equate to 12-14 for me also (no idea), my desk top ticker says 150 which was just a random low number I picked out of the air. 71 pounds to go then.
  • fitmom4ever
    Options
    I am 5'5" and very small framed. My goal weight is 118-115, (started at 135, started MFP at 128, currently 120) but I really just want to tone more and be comfortable in a size 5 without that muffin top. Since my top half is so tiny, my true goal is to keep my stomach from sticking out further than my boobs. I don't think the scale matters that much, I would be fine being 125 if it were muscle and not that baby pooch and flabby thighs.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great question.

I'm 5"4.75" (just went to the doctor and that's what she said I was). I am currently at 135 and thought that I wanted to get down to 130 but I've been stuck at 135 for a couple of months now but I'm still losing inches and gaining strength. I'm thinking that 135 might be where I'm supposed to be.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    The thinnest I ever was in my adult life was when I graduated High School. I was 5'5" at 125 lbs and it was TORTURE for me to maintain. I decide to stop torturing myself and was comfortable at 130.

Oddly, After college I'd grown another 2". So at 5'7" I was maintaining 141 until I was completely derailed by some health issues.

It seems that my GOAL was always 5 lbs away from what I could actually achieve.

I was really amazed to see the difference age made in the amount of calories you get when setting goals.
    I think 20 years later that 150 will be sustainable for me.