Worst Thing You have been Witness to at the Gym!

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Ok wait nope thought about this more...
    The worst thing I ever saw in the gym was a cardiac arrest -- Im a NP and it was interesting to see off the clock how fast my instincts were... I started CPR and had someone get the AED and he lived (and actually become my patient for many years).
    Now everytime I go to a new gym or YMCA I always ask where the AED is and they think Im nuts... Im telling you this stuff likes to follow me. I have resuscitated people in Epcot, Animal Kingdom, parks, races, church ... hehe!

Oh my gosh. .that's amazing. . What a wonderful person you are and great that you were able to help many people.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    LOL.

love these threads!

we have a resident bodybuilder guy in our gym.
    to my incredible shock horror i saw him doing BB curls this morning using a swinging motion, lol.
    Also saw a young asian fella doing the same thing on tuesday night...

the young fella i understand. the bodybuilder...really...
    cool guy though, :p
    he was motivating me through my squats, yelling at me to keep up the intensity. works well!!

:p
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I took an aqua zumba class which is a TON of fun! You are splashing and dancing and laughing hysterically the entire time! There were these two women in front of me and my friend who kept giving us dirty looks. One of them turned around and said to us...."DO YOU MIND? YOUR SPLASHING IS GETTING US WET!"
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    my new favorite word is pubefro
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Today I saw a chick wrap saran wrap around her stomach in the gym locker room before going to work out.... I took a pic because I couldn't believe it haha.

Proof.

2011-08-10_182258.jpg

Looks like my gym. LA Finess?

Not that I've ever stepped foot into the women's locker room!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Today I saw a chick wrap saran wrap around her stomach in the gym locker room before going to work out.... I took a pic because I couldn't believe it haha.

Proof.

2011-08-10_182258.jpg

YUP!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I need a laugh!!
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options

YUP!

Haha!!! Now I'll be busy lookin for Saran Sara instead of focusing on my workouts.
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options

YUP!

Haha!!! Now I'll be busy lookin for Saran Sara instead of focusing on my workouts.

HAHAHA You are safe though; i worked out in Orange County today while I was up there working! No need to be distracted! =P
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    a woman who is very overweight was changing in the locker room and right as i was walking in she had bent over rear in the air completely naked...

i also went into the men's locker room looking for my bf once and walked up on a guy who was naked... so much so he's known as the naked guy in the locker room... :)
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    I was taking a power yoga class with a friend for the first time. We set up our mats in the back. I noticed my husband's (newly divorced) boss come in. Apparently he was a regular because he was chatting up all the ladies. He didn't notice me, but set his mat up right in front of me. He was wearing very loose, short shorts. Unfortunately, during my first downward dog I was faced with the fact he was also NOT wearing any underwear! I made it through half of the class before I was laughing so hard, I had to roll up my mat, grab my shoes and ditch my friend. I don't think he ever realized...but the company Christmas party has never been the same for me.

OMG this made me laugh till i cried... as i envisioned ur story & remembered a similar tale from a beach expirience
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    leaving the showers a 87 years old naked man started to stumble walking to the showers ... I was just leaving the showers ... I hadn't reached the towel rack yet ... and I caught him ... he was slippery from sweat ... I was slippery from my shower ... I'm still in therapy :)

omy!!!!
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    Ok wait nope thought about this more...
    The worst thing I ever saw in the gym was a cardiac arrest -- Im a NP and it was interesting to see off the clock how fast my instincts were... I started CPR and had someone get the AED and he lived (and actually become my patient for many years).
    Now everytime I go to a new gym or YMCA I always ask where the AED is and they think Im nuts... Im telling you this stuff likes to follow me. I have resuscitated people in Epcot, Animal Kingdom, parks, races, church ... hehe!

well arent you an angel ;)

I'm scared of this kind of angel... too many bad things happen when she's around ;) or maybe it's part of the plan for their rescue to make sure she goes to these places at the right time. idk :) I don't make these decisions
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A young woman exiting the toilet stall, no hand washing, straight to the machines! (This was today.)

A young man sweating BUCKETS on the stairmill, then going and grabbing some paper towels, returning to the stairmill he used, and very systematically and fastidiously wiping HIMSELF off - totally ignoring the dripping machine. (Last week.)

Two teens MAKING OUT standing right in the middle of the gym (another woman my age walked up to them and said very firmly - and loudly - "JUST STOP IT!" lmao)

I can't even count how many "plumber's cracks" I've been witness to in the stretching area. Wear clothes that FIT, people!!!

Then there's the people who smoke from their car to the gym doors and put it out right before walking inside to "get healthy"...
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump Omg this is hilarious!!!!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey, that LA Fitness Saran Wrap pic is where I always saw the 1986 Madonna-wanna be! Neon pink or yellow matching sports bra/headband/tube socks/fake double Ds lady!

Two other weird things:

LA Fitness Chicago South Loop Harlem globetrotter treadmill guy. He would moonwalk, skip, slide, etc on the treadmill while dribbling a basketball. I constantly thought he was going to fall off!!!! He had good balance, though, but would occasionally "jump" off.

From the balcony cardio area at an OC LA Fitness, I watched a cool Jersey-shore style meat head go from girl to girl, flirting, down on the weight floor. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sad thing:
    For two hours a severely anorexic lady huffed and puffed on the stair master. She was maybe 60 pounds. I asked an employee and they said there was nothing they could do.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    leaving the showers a 87 years old naked man started to stumble walking to the showers ... I was just leaving the showers ... I hadn't reached the towel rack yet ... and I caught him ... he was slippery from sweat ... I was slippery from my shower ... I'm still in therapy :)

Laughing so hard right now!!!
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump! These are too funny!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    LOL at the pubes comment....
    Bigger LOL at the eating french fries while on the machine...

I once saw a >300 pound woman fall off the back of the treadmill, and everyone in the gym started laughing... no one even moved towards her. I ran across the gym ... I felt soo bad for her.
    She had broken her ankle and that is why she went down ...

That is just rediculous! It boils my blood that people were laughing...just plain rude.
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump for later, this is just too much!!