*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #8 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hello Everyone! I hope everyone had a good week...and if not, knows why they didn't have a good week :). I feel that just as it is good to celebrate small victories..it is just as good to own up to it if we slip a little. Then we can learn from it and then move forward! Did you stick to your goals you set at the beginning of the week?

Now this is a suggestion but I think a good idea would be look at each other's food diaries for ideas and also to see if we are where we should be with our eating habits and what we are eating. Sometimes we think we are eating better than wr actually are...just a suggestion.

But great week everyone, I love seeing the support that we are all getting from one another and making sure we congratulate and lift each other up! Very honored to be in this group with all of you.

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I had a terible eating week (not consistant times, too many then too few calories etc) however I started the c25k this week and i think it jumpstarted everything. I managed to lose 4 lbs this week! YAY!!!! I think having an exact program is really helping. For the next week i am planning to put more focus on my fitness goals as I think this is where I need the most work.
    1/ keep up with my c25k (so 3 runs this week)
    2/ do 3 days of Wii Fit this week
    3/ become vigilant about my yoga+stretching everyday.

I am also hoping to get some other cardio in this week, like an elliptical day. I have found that while I tone up easily it's a lot harder to tone when there's layers of fat everywhere. So cardio it is this week.

My biggest worry is that I am being pretty social this weekend(it's a long weekend here) and I hope to stic to the plan!!! I have a hockey game to go to and I am far more worried about that then the 2 nights of dancng I have (I figure if i drive, I wont drink and thus there is only burn no gain!!!)

I hope everyone had a great week! Thanks for all the support! It deffinetly got me through the past 8 weeks of plateau!!!

xoxo - S
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday every one!!!:flowerforyou: and Happy weigh in!:bigsmile:
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hallo Everybody!!!!
    This week went by pretty fast the weather here in the midwest was in the 30s so I was out walking allot. I loved it!!!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    bump to find later..

Happy Firday and weigh in day ladies!!!
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Bump for later
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had a great week! I lost 2 pounds, and I am so proud of myself. I was very picky about everything I ate, and paid more attention to my exercise and water intake. It paid off-and I am really excited! I really want to get the weight loss going-and hoping that I have found a good rythem!!!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I don't think I am going to see a loss on the scale this week. Boo :cry:

However... the small victories - went to Yoga class last night and I can hold the positions with better form and longer. Additionally, I am more flexible now than I have been in years! Another small victory - I was doing bicep curls and looked down at my arm and actually saw muscle!

I think that my lack of weight loss is twofold. One is that I am incorporating more strength training into my workouts and the second is that I am sooo broke and I need to do some serious food shopping. All that is left is a lot of CRAP! One more week of the crap food and then I can stock up again with the healthier stuff.

My plan for the week is to continue to drink lots and lots of water, take a couple days off from exercising to let my body recover, and then hit it hard again starting Sunday!

Sunday: Turbo at the gym
    Monday: Turbo at the gym (I have Monday off so I can take this class w/my fav instructor)
    Tuesday: 30DS L3 (day 1) & Pilates
    Wednesday: 30DS L3 & Pilates
    Thursday: Yoga & cardio

Friday - go shopping!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    bump
  • LJ0508
    LJ0508 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This week wasn't my best. Last year around this time I dropped from 205 to 198/199 and I never got past that, got frustrated and gave up dieting and excercising and gained to 207 where I've been for the past year. I refuse to gain back the little pounds I did lose.

My mistakes this week that hindered my weight loss:

Not drinking enough of water everyday. Tuesday I only had 2 16 oz cups of water, ( big no no).
    Slacked off on my excercising.
    Eating too few calories because I wasn't feeling hungry.

So I'll make sure next week will be better.

Question: For those that have loss 4-5 lbs in a week, how is that possible? What do you do? The most I've ever lost is 3lbs.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Good morning beautiful snowflakes! This week I focused on eatting better and getting my 30DS in everyday and I did! Down 1.4 so it must be working :) My goal for this upcoming week is to continue with making better food choices especially on the weekend. I will also get my 30 Day Shred workout in everyday. I really would like to see 220s gone and behind me. Little steps, little goals, we can make this happen.

This is a short month so lets make everyday count. Thank you fellow snowflakes for making this journey a little easier with support and love throughout the way.

:flowerforyou:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I don't think I am going to see a loss on the scale this week. Boo :cry:

However... the small victories - went to Yoga class last night and I can hold the positions with better form and longer. Additionally, I am more flexible now than I have been in years! Another small victory - I was doing bicep curls and looked down at my arm and actually saw muscle!

I think that my lack of weight loss is twofold. One is that I am incorporating more strength training into my workouts and the second is that I am sooo broke and I need to do some serious food shopping. All that is left is a lot of CRAP! One more week of the crap food and then I can stock up again with the healthier stuff.

My plan for the week is to continue to drink lots and lots of water, take a couple days off from exercising to let my body recover, and then hit it hard again starting Sunday!

Sunday: Turbo at the gym
    Monday: Turbo at the gym (I have Monday off so I can take this class w/my fav instructor)
    Tuesday: 30DS L3 (day 1) & Pilates
    Wednesday: 30DS L3 & Pilates
    Thursday: Yoga & cardio

Friday - go shopping!

The scale will catch up with your hard work. Continue doing what you are doing. If all you have left to eat is crap foods be sure to drink plenty of water to make up for it. Also, make sure to portion and measure everything! You got this girl!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Morning !!!

YEAH! I'm up 2 pounds. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!! But I got back on track yesterday, So I'm back on the band wagon..
  • gwen933
    Options
    This is my last week of youth basketball so I am done coaching and can get back on track. Finally I can leave the house and go to the gym again. I love working out at home too but I really like the circuit training program at the gym. I totally feel the burn when I leave so I am going to make that my goal this week. Get to the gym 3 times this week and do my Walk Away the Pounds workout the other 3 with only 1 rest day. I think that should put me back on track to lose 40 by June.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Question: For those that have loss 4-5 lbs in a week, how is that possible? What do you do? The most I've ever lost is 3lbs.

i wonder this too! even when i first started losing weight i think the most i lost in a week was MAYBE 3 or 3.5lbs, definitely no more than that. maybe there's a secret we're missing out on! lol ;)
  • bhonniered
    Options

The scale will catch up with your hard work. Continue doing what you are doing. If all you have left to eat is crap foods be sure to drink plenty of water to make up for it. Also, make sure to portion and measure everything! You got this girl!

Thanks! Needed a bit of extra encouragement! Thank goodness I actually like water :drinker:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I had a great week aide from not exercising.

I am now 10 days binge free. I'm really proud of that. I haven't gone that long without binging since I put on this 30 pounds over the fall. My TOM is over. Yesterday and today I weighed in at 167.5 :smile:

I just hope to continue progressing like this.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

For me it's because even though i was losing a bit each week, I completely stopped binge eating for 10 days now. I am diagnosed with the disorder and trying to recover somewhat. That's my reason for losing an overall of 4.5 this week. I guess we'll see for next week though. I'm still feeling a bit bloated from gaining a significant amount of weight so fast.

I'm also watching my carbs as they really impacted how large my binges were. I have other triggers, but once I started binging it was perpetuated by carbs