202 Pounds Down... About 130 or So To Go (with Pics)...

Options

Replies

• kmax71
    Options
    You are amazing and an inspiration to me!! I have about 250 lbs to lose and I am so overwhelmed by the sheer number of it! I am trying the moderation but I just keep slipping off and saying, "I'll do it again tomorrow" Today so far has been a very good day and with you inspiration..I'm gonna make it through the whole day and stay in my range! Thanks again:)
  • bodybeauty
    Options
    Fantastic well done :happy:
  • sarahschwemler
    sarahschwemler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, you are certainly an inspiration to others!!!!!!
  • momofcami
    Options
    Congratulations! Your post is very inspiring!
  • bhmathews
    bhmathews Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    W...O....W!!!!!!! You look amazing!!!
  • sbranaghan
    sbranaghan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a great achievement!!!! Keep up the amazing work and you look fabulous!!!!!! :smile:
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing difference! Way to go! Keep up the great work.
  • stepphanie
    Options
    Wow what a big change. You look great! Keep up the good work. How did you do it?
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Again... WOW! Thank you all for being so sweet to me. You really know how to make a gal feel good. :D
    Wow what a big change. You look great! Keep up the good work. How did you do it?

I posted this earlier, but I think it got lost in the mix:

The biggest keys to my success:

- One day at a time... forever and ever and ever. In my years of dieting I would get overwhelmed always thinking about the end goal. Wow... I have over 300 pounds to lose... how the heck am I going to do that? It's impossible! I might as well just quit right now. That thinking obviously only made me fatter. So, now... I focus on today...

- ALL things in moderation... What got me to my highest weight in the first place was the dieter's way of restricting certain foods. I'd start a diet and vow I'd never, ever eat sugar or french fries for the rest of my life. The next day I'd be in the drive through of the Burger King buying 2 king size fries and a whopper. I had to change my thinking. I tell myself I can eat what I want as long as I can fit it into my daily calories. That way, I can still eat the things I love and won't freak out and binge later... and guess what... I still lose weight!

- Get moving! I don't have a gym membership. I've never liked gyms... people staring at me, whispering behind my back, laughing at me, etc. I didn't like to go out in public back in the huge-mongous days because of all the stares I'd get... so I used my resources at home. Most of my weight I walked off... walking... all it requires is a good pair of tennis shoes and the skills you learned when you were a toddler. I get up a playlist on my iPOD and head outdoors in the summer/spring/fall... in the winter, I've resorted to a recumbent bike. I got plantar fasciitis really bad in my foot a few months back, so I've been biking a lot more than walking.

I'm not looking for perfection... just persistence! Believe me... if I can do it... ANYONE can do it!
  • BlutAura
    Options
    Well done thats an amazing feat and inspiration to everyone!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    AMAZING! Congratulations.
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    WOW!!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!! AND THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE!! congratulations!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I've tried dieting many times and always with the thought that I'd have to give up the foods I like. Then I'd end up throwing in the towel after a week or so. This time, thanks to a little help from MFP, I'm eating the foods I like for my regular meals but am simply watching my portions and my calorie totals as well as getting a good workout in at least 3 times per week. I have however, stopped drinking sodas completely. It only took me a week or so to stop craving them and now I don't even think about them at all. I've also cut out the potato chips and other junk food that I'd constantly snack on between meals. Now if I feel the need for a between meal snack, I try to be smarter about what I choose. And so far so good. I've been going for 3 weeks so far, and have lost 5 lbs. I know that doesnt seem like much but for me it's a huge accomplishment because I've never lasted on a diet for more than a week before. Plus I'm getting more and more motivated every day. I'm confident that I'm in it for the long haul this time.
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies and gents! :D

This time, thanks to a little help from MFP, I'm eating the foods I like for my regular meals but am simply watching my portions and my calorie totals as well as getting a good workout in at least 3 times per week. I have however, stopped drinking sodas completely. It only took me a week or so to stop craving them and now I don't even think about them at all. I've also cut out the potato chips and other junk food that I'd constantly snack on between meals. Now if I feel the need for a between meal snack, I try to be smarter about what I choose. And so far so good. I've been going for 3 weeks so far, and have lost 5 lbs. I know that doesnt seem like much but for me it's a huge accomplishment because I've never lasted on a diet for more than a week before. Plus I'm getting more and more motivated every day. I'm confident that I'm in it for the long haul this time.

For sure! Portion control is a HUGE thing. Going out to a restaurant, they put a plate in front of you that is probably 3 or 4 portions sometimes. And yes... I've never been a huge soda drinker, but I'm sure that can add on the calories like no other.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Girl, You have got some cheekbones that could cut steak, as the old folks used to say! You're a beauty now, in 130 more pounds you'll be downright dangerous! You look FABULOUS! Great work! You inspire me!!!!

Kathy
  • priscilla79
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look Fantastic. Congrats on the big weight loss so far. I look forward to the day that i am in your shoes as far as losing a bunch of weight. I am so glad that my friend introduced me to this site a little over a month ago.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Amazing Girl, You look Amazing. Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OMG 200lbs GONE!!! CONGRATS :happy: You look INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • losinginga
    Options
    You look amazing! I just started my weight loss journey and your story is an inspiration. Thank you so, so much for sharing.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK AWESOME...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!