"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 2

Options
H20 Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra pounds
Week 2 of 10

-Welcome, to those of you who would like to join the group, althought its already began, feel free to join in. Anyone is always welcomed. We are here to help with weight loss goals, talk, and turn to when you have your weakest moments. Our "H20" group has been going on since August 2010. I have a group of ladies that have been here all a long, I have some that check in every so often to see whats up in the "new" group of people. and i have some that are new to the challenge. So please feel free to join in..

1115628tlsxxgylme.jpg

100 miles in 70 days, how are we doing on this challenge? Those of you who are actually doing it.

If you need a ticker to help you calculate go to tickerfactory.com make your ticker and copy and paste the the bbcode into your signature bar.

20 hours of stationary Boxing in 70 days, how are those of you doing with this?

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 2
(02/20) - MAKE H20 EVEN MORE TASTY,ADD LEMON OR LIME, CUCUMBER, MINT, SUBSTITUTE A "BUBBLY" WATER, DRINK IT SUPER COLD (INSTEAD OF SODA OR JUICE), OR WARM/HOT (INSTEAD OF COFFEE OR TEA), SHARE YOUR NEW FOUND WATER TASTE WITH THE GROUP. (THANK YOU EMILY FOR YOUR SUGGESTION)

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 2
(02/20) - TRY A NEW FRUIT OR VEGETABLE THAT YOU'VE NEVER HAD BEFORE, OR TRY IT A NEW WAY. FIND A NEW WAY TO PREPARE IT. (THANK YOU LADYBU FOR THE IDEA)

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 2
(02/20) - TRY A NEW FORM OF EXERCISE/TRY A NEW FORM OF EXERCISE EQUIPMENT. (THANK YOU LADYBU & EMILY FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS)

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 2
(02/20) - GIVE UP SOMETHING FOR A WEEK. (POP, WHITE BREAD, SNACKING OF SOME SORT) AND SUBSTITUTE IT WITH SOMETHING HEALTHIER. (THANK YOU NURSEE FOR THE IDEA)

CHALLENGE 5 - WEEK 2
(02/20) - PAMPER YOURSELF. GET A NEW NAIL POLISH, GET YOUR HAIR CUT, COLORED, GET YOUR NAILS DONE, TAKE A FEW EXTRA MINUTES TO TAKE A NICE BATH.. WHATEVER.. IM SURE YOURE IN NEED OF A LITTLE PAMPERING..

CHALLENGE 6 - WEEK 2
(02/20) - HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR A WEEK (AGAIN). WEIGH YOURSELF FOR THIS WEEK, THEN HIDE IT AGAIN. I KNOW SOME OF YOU DONT LIKE THIS CHALLENGE BUT I THINK IT HELPS OTHERS. I KNOW SOME OF YOU WEIGH YOURSELF DAILY..

QUOTE OF THE WEEK - "A bell is not a bell til you ring it. A song is not a song til you sing it. Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay. Love isn't love til you give it away"

I hope you like these challenges this week. I seeked some help from those in the group and i got a few people to send me some suggestions and i actually used all of them.. thank you very much for all that helped.. Im am pleased at how well our group is doing with just one week.. :) Lets keep this group rocking.. ;)

Until next week - April Val

Weigh in log: http://bit.ly/gc6Fqt

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Weighing in for the week: 169.5. I hope the 170s are behind me!!! :-)

I'll be working on the challenges for the week. As always, thanks for posting, April!
  • linemansgirl
    Options

I'll be working on the challenges for the week. As always, thanks for posting, April!

Great job! I'm so jealous!!!!! :happy: I am 170.5 for my weigh in and I am ready for the 170's to be behind me!!!! :bigsmile:

Thank you for the challenges April and everyone who gave ideas! They look great! I can't wait to get started on a new week! :happy: Last week was a bad week for me, so I didn't keep up with all of the challenges. I did great with the important things though - staying within my calories, exercising and drinking water. I am hoping to be able to participate in all of this week's challenges, except putting away the scale of course! :laugh: :blushing:

Here's to a SPECTACULAR week for all!!!!!!! We CAN do this! :drinker:
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    wow!! I am so behind!
    am here now~YaY~
    begin challenge weight :321
    goal is loss 16 pounds.
    Going back over the new challenges now to get all catch up .
    love you all.
    <3
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My weight as of Friday is 297.4 lbs 2.4 lbs loss this week.

I did not do much this week as of the challenges... I only walked 4 miles.... I took care of my daughter being sick for the last 2 weeks... she's getting better but I'm the one that is sick now... Can't wait till spring is here! A new week is starting!

Thanks April Val!:flowerforyou:

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Weigh in is tomorrow for me, but I'm not thinking it's going to be spectacular - TOM and all. Keeping up on my water and have done 10M so far this week. Have some extra dogs staying with us for the long weekend so we might be able to go for a walk once hubby gets home - provided the wind has died down some.

My personal goals for this week is to eat out only once, starting tomorrow. Every week my sister and I meet for lunch and it's Subway, so I don't feel terribly guilty. Also we have a fantastic surprise. DH's grandmother flies in on Thursday to surprise his uncle at his retirement party on Saturday. I'm soooo excited. She's such a lovely lady and she came in November for a few weeks for the first time since the early 1990s. Now she's coming again, and so soon. It's going to be such a lovely surprise!!!!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - 151

Normally I weigh in on Mondays, but some friends invited us to a Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Why in Feb I don't know, but it sounded so yummy I couldn't say no. I have been incredibly good all week just for tonight! And tomorrow I have to travel for a music gig. I will take healthy food for lunch and breakfast, but dinner is provided so I don't know what will happen. At least I will be standing up and playing for several hours so I will get a small workout. Standing under bright lights and clenching my abs to scream on high notes actually makes me sweat sometimes!

I've been trying to round my weight up to the nearest whole number just to keep myself humble. So last week I was actually 152.6 but I said 153. Because I was so good all week and worked out like a fiend I was actually 150.0 this morning, which was my goal for the end of the month. But because of the dinners I'm sure it will go back up for a few days. So I'm expecting to be the same weight next week as well (oh and it will TOM too :grumble: ) So I'm going to say that this week I am 151 (and I will weigh in tomorrow as well just to see how much turkey I ate!)

Hiding the scale is killing me!
    I'm up to 10 miles I think. Does it count that I walk to work everyday? I haven't been counting that.
    And I will focus on water again. I like lemon and lime. Tasty.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new challenges!! This week I'm going to try a new fruit of veggie... kind of excited and nervous about this because I know what I like and don't have lots of time, but I think before the weekend I'll make time to do this!!! Also I will try something new exercise-wise... not sure what yet, but even if it's one machine at the gym that I never use it will be good to try something different! Also I love the one about pampering yourself! Maybe I'll go for the pedicure I've been putting off since September! I need new running shoes, so that's hopefully happening on Friday, but maybe after that??? We'll see!

I've been doing pretty good with the H2O challenge, I think I've been at 12+ glasses each day all week! Ran 9 miles total this week and have 10 planned for this week and I'm pretty proud of that! Yesterday I ran for 4 miles straight without stopping!!! I'm so excited because I'm running my first 10k on May 7 and now I know I'll be able to do that! Before yesterday I'd never ran more than 3.5 miles... and that was months ago!

Our weather is getting really bad here, so I'm staying home instead of hitting the gym today, but I'll still workout here. Good luck everyone!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new challenge, April, and for all your hard work in setting it up!

This week has been interesting for me, but I did do some of the challenges from last week. :tongue:

I drank over 8 cups of water a day. Walked every day, and said no to many temptations. Unfortunately, I didn't say no to ALL of them and I'm not feeling good about my weigh-in on Wed. :ohwell: I feel like a blimp!!! I'm going to measure this evening, so maybe that will encourage me.....I hope!!

But tomorrow is a new week and I'll try my best this week to make serious progress. I'm taking my sister's girls home tomorrow, so I will only have my five kids instead of nine. That should help - right? :laugh:

I wish all of you the best of weight loss this week. :flowerforyou:
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ugh... the flu... I feel guilt over not going to gym even though I'm sick. I like to start my week with a heavy workout. I think it sets my week in a positive way! :) Did my weigh in this morning. 191# Sometimes it feels like I am working too hard for only 1# of weight loss... Anyone else feel like that? Or is it JUST me?
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope your weekend was a stress free as mine. I worked all weekend...but it was a good one. Hospital is emptying out...all ready for some new patients.
    Thanks for the new challenges April! I was so so on them last week. I weigh in tomorrow so we will see.
    I am definitely looking forward to this week...everyday, I get a little more motivated.

I will post my weigh in tomorrow...have an awesome week everyone!

Linda :smile:
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had pretty good week overall... calories were good I think everyday. A couple days, I ended up working out to earn more calories so I wouldn't be over...but that's good right! We all need to work out. I love being able to log my food and knowing exactly where I'm at. Today... not so well. My daughter and niece pretty much begged me to make my "world famous" homemade biscuits and sausage gravy and they wanted bacon too...so not a low cal breakfast. Lunch was a Protein Shake, dinner leftover Homemade Lasagna with whole wheat noodles (don't care for it so well with WW noodles)

Total Steps for the week was 22. 252 for a total of 11.1256 miles

I'm going to do my best to get in some of this weeks challenges in. Will have to see what I can come up with. Grocery shopping and eating are going to be way different for a while. My Grandpa is coming home from FL, and he always grocery shops. He hates frozen veggies so buys canned, and loves boxed potatoes instead of fresh... since I'm usually at work at dinner time, he cooks...so this could get interesting...

My "tip" on water... normally, I just drink it plane with nothing in it. But our Tap Water is TERRIBLE so I have been making a gallon of crystal light lemonade using just one crystal light cup instead of two...so, my water has a lemon flavor, but is only half the calories. 2.5 cal per 8-oz glass instead of 5 cal.

OH... Wanted to share this link. This is a hard core workout, but maybe someone might find some interest in trying it. I know I want to. It ranks I think up there with the P90X and Insanity Workouts. I've been wanting to do both of those, but because of my finances right now, I can't afford them so someone shared this link. I wanna look like Zuzzane! www.bodyrock.tv

Good Luck this coming week!

Lisa
  • roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great challenges. I only have a minute , 3 teens with the stomach flu is killin me. I apoligize for not being on in the last few days. I'm cheering for you all and hoping for healthy days ahead. I will get back on tomorrow with my weigh in and catch up with you all then., I'm thinking 'bout 'cha all. :)
  • nica8605
    nica8605 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    love the idea of a 70 day challege.I'm super excited about it! this last week i've gone 8 miles!! thats great for me (i really like my couch :tongue: ) thanks for all the ideas!
  • cazzincali
    Options
    @nica8605: I say WONDERFUL that you did 8 miles!!!

Let's face it... none of us are overweight because we ate right and exercised like we should have. So ANYTHING you do to change those bad habits are a step in the right direction. 10 years ago I weighed 335#. I am only 5'1". In HS I was a gymnast... not a heavy kid at all. Didn't start gaining any significant weight until after I had my 3rd baby - at 30. BUT... I stopped exercising. Got older, metabolism slowed... Unfortunately, I still love the foods that aren't good for me!! And I LOVE MY COUCH too!! :) However, I NOW KNOW what I have to do to be able to eat those "treats". I need to get off my butt and exercise! Working all day isn't enough... but OH! how I wish it were!! :bigsmile:
  • cazzincali
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about the exhale workout DVDs?
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Everyone- I am really feeling my legs after yesterday's walk - that's ok though at least my knees and ankles don't seem to be bugging me!

I am going to try to get this ticker on one way or another even if it means pasting it in everytime!!!!

Have a good start to your week off to get some water in - haven't gotten into that habit yet!
    Jennifer
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    rassen frassen ticker not showing!
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    ok now it is not sure what the problem was but perhaps had an extra space :-)
  • JeninBelgium
    Options

Well done!
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I really want to join this challenge! I need that extra something to help me get on track and kick start my journey! :D