"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 2

Options

Replies

• cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    OMG.. SOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE POSTED I DONT KNOW IF ILL EVEN ATTEMPT TO CATCH UP WITH IT ALL.. HAHA.. BUT I I KNOW SOME ARENT LIKING THE SCALE ONE, BUT I THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE STRUGGLE WITH THAT.. AND I WANT THEM TO SEE HOW THEY DONT have TO STEP ON THE SCALE DAILY.. BECAUSE WHEN ALOT OF US DO, IT JUST DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD. I KNOW ITS EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING WHEN YOUVE WAITED ALL WEEK AND DONT SEE ANYTHING.. BUT REMEMBER ITS NOT ALWAYS IN THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE..

HAPPY TUESDAY.. :)

Ya know... I have a personal trainer that I work with once a week. I started with her after my physical therapy was finished for my knee injury. She has her MS in Physical Therapy as well as her trainer certs. I needed to make sure I had someone that wouldn't cause me to REinjure my knee. Okay... all of this to say... she made me pick a goal SIZE, not a goal weight. So I did. I do not know what it will take to get back into a size 7/8. But that is my goal. The last time I wore that size I weighed 135#. But who knows now? If I'm in better shape (more muscle) I might weigh more. In any case, it isn't JUST about the numbers... you are SO spot on, April!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    ceelovejay - YAY for being out of the 160's!
    Let me just start off by saying I think you are AWESOME for commenting to everyone! I really appreciate it. I wish I would out of the 160s! LOL Only the 170s so far. You can say that again by the end of this challenge. :-)

*face/palm* Uhhhh...I was preemptively congratulating you. I've got powers like a Precog in "Minority Report"...yeahhhhhh. We'll say that is what happened, not me making a dumb type-o. :laugh:
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I now have 8 miles of my challenge done. I love shopping and using it as an excuse to walk even more. :D

I also got a new veggie. The turnip.... I have never tried this. Root vegetables tend to intimidate me. However, theres not much I havent at least tried in Walmarts. Turnips, parsnips and rutabagas are pretty much all thats left. lol....

So, now I have to figure out something to do with it, that i have the ingredients for.....
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how many miles I have done, I titally forgot to count, I don't add everyday type walking in as exercise either.

I am all happy with my weight though, as the Wii lied to me this morning and told me I had put on 3lb, I went to get weighed on the proper scales in the chemist and weigh in exactly the same 11st 1lb (155lb) Can not wait to be in the 10's come on already :D
  • cazzincali
    Options
    I now have 8 miles of my challenge done. I love shopping and using it as an excuse to walk even more. :D

I also got a new veggie. The turnip.... I have never tried this. Root vegetables tend to intimidate me. However, theres not much I havent at least tried in Walmarts. Turnips, parsnips and rutabagas are pretty much all thats left. lol....

So, now I have to figure out something to do with it, that i have the ingredients for.....

ROAST THEM! Root veggies are awesome roasted! I love my veg!! I cut up a carrot, parsnip, potato, yam, squash, zucchini... throw them in a baggie with 2 TBL of olive oil, salt and pepper with loads of herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley - whatever you like!) shake them up, put them on a cookie sheet or baking pan lightly sprayed with olive oil PAM and bake at 400F until fork tender. They are SO yummy! I use the leftovers for frittatas or omelettes. You can also throw in a few cherry tomatoes too.

It's one of those "no recipe, recipe" I love those! :bigsmile:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Yeah roasted turnips are lovely, or boiled and mashed with potato or carrot mmmmmmmm.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Completely understand the no scale thought April...most of us trade an addiction to food to an addiction to something else though....very very few people will not get addicted to something else. For some, it's the control that the scale give us. I'm not talking about myself specifically....LOL....but I MIGHT fall into that category. My line of work is cause and result. I know that if I eat something sodium heavy one day, I'll see it on the scale the next. I'm not so worried with individual numbers, but more trends. I guess I'm bred to do it.....but cutting back to 2x a week is huge for me, but it means I'm slipping a lot more I think because I don't see an immediate result to my actions the previous day. If it's not working after this week, I'll stop it. I do focus on other things too though, like clothes in smaller sizes (although I've dropped almost 60 lbs and I'm only down 1 size) so it's a much slower motivational goal.

Cazz - I LOVE roasted roots....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm higher in sugar and higher GI food than others so I try and limit how much I enjoy....but Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Roasted roots?! I've never tried such things! Cazz, I'm totally taking your suggestion and giving it a whirl. I COMPLETELY forgot to grab my new veggie at the market this morning - was too focused on getting the hubs some yummy stuff for his lunch.

You know what I'm very excited about, though? The most amazing Asian pear EVER that I've got waiting for me. I got it at my local farmers market on Sunday and the sample I'd tried was the most wonderful tasting Asian pear...so yeah I'm going to devour that sucker tonight. :love:
  • tanniew78
    Options

ROAST THEM! Root veggies are awesome roasted! I love my veg!! I cut up a carrot, parsnip, potato, yam, squash, zucchini... throw them in a baggie with 2 TBL of olive oil, salt and pepper with loads of herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley - whatever you like!) shake them up, put them on a cookie sheet or baking pan lightly sprayed with olive oil PAM and bake at 400F until fork tender. They are SO yummy! I use the leftovers for frittatas or omelettes. You can also throw in a few cherry tomatoes too.

It's one of those "no recipe, recipe" I love those! :bigsmile:

I will try this. Maybe do it with some California mix or potatoes...
  • tanniew78
    Options
    Roasted roots?! I've never tried such things! Cazz, I'm totally taking your suggestion and giving it a whirl. I COMPLETELY forgot to grab my new veggie at the market this morning - was too focused on getting the hubs some yummy stuff for his lunch.

You know what I'm very excited about, though? The most amazing Asian pear EVER that I've got waiting for me. I got it at my local farmers market on Sunday and the sample I'd tried was the most wonderful tasting Asian pear...so yeah I'm going to devour that sucker tonight. :love:

i really love the Asian pears. To me they are a cross between an apple and a pear. Definitely a delicious change from normal American standard fruits.
  • tanniew78
    Options
    So, i am making Irish Stew but not in the traditional sense with corned beef. I departed even from my normal smoked sausage, which is use in here... and got turkey smoked sausage. NOT at all sure how thats going to turn out. Im usually not a fan of turkey products. However, in the interest of lowering calories, I am using it.

I am trying to figure out what to make with the turnips tomorrow..... I just have pork and chicken right now....
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well I actually gained a little this week. I've not been paying attention to my calories like I should... so therefore, some changes must be made.

1) I'm going to try to give up sugar as best I can this week... including soda.

2) More water - I love it ice cold with ice cubes in it. But you could also freeze lemon water or lemonade and use those for your ice cubes.

3) I tried yoga for the first time this past week. Have a new yoga workout video, so will try that. May work in some 30 day shred as well.

4) NO SCALE this week. Oh, this is going to be sooo hard for me. But I can do it!!

5) I have been doing some DR visits lately for some issues, and one of the things recommended is getting my heart rate up. Going to try to elevate it just a little more than I normally have. Push myself a little further. The benefits of exercise even extend to our mental health and outlook.

Here's hoping for a good week!!
  • cazzincali
    Options

i really love the Asian pears. To me they are a cross between an apple and a pear. Definitely a delicious change from normal American standard fruits.

Yep! AGREED! Asian pears are awesome!! I also like persimmon! :) Kind of a starchy fruit, but oh-so good!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    So far a pretty good day! Plenty of water and probably a little more yet tonight and I ran 2 more miles at the gym along with my weight training. Still thinking of what I'll get new at the store to try... I like hearing some of the ideas so far!!!!

Needing some new running shoes.. anyone have any suggestions?? I'm probably going to my local running store to get fitted by a pro, didn't do that the first time and now that I'm addicted to running I figured it's probably worth it!

TTFN!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    So far a pretty good day! Plenty of water and probably a little more yet tonight and I ran 2 more miles at the gym along with my weight training. Still thinking of what I'll get new at the store to try... I like hearing some of the ideas so far!!!!

Needing some new running shoes.. anyone have any suggestions?? I'm probably going to my local running store to get fitted by a pro, didn't do that the first time and now that I'm addicted to running I figured it's probably worth it!

TTFN!

I have to suggest New Balance. They're my favorite!
  • cazzincali
    Options

TTFN!

I have New Balance! They work a treat for wide feet!! :bigsmile: Funny thing is... when I first started losing weight this time, I lost it in my feet first!! :laugh: But the NB have great support. I go to a place called "Snail's Pace" where they actually FIT YOU for a shoe and what you will be doing in it!! :wink:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

TTFN!

I have New Balance! They work a treat for wide feet!! :bigsmile: Funny thing is... when I first started losing weight this time, I lost it in my feet first!! :laugh: But the NB have great support. I go to a place called "Snail's Pace" where they actually FIT YOU for a shoe and what you will be doing in it!! :wink:

I have flippers for feet too! NB really does do a great job with their wide shoes. A Snail's Pace is a great store! If there's a New Balance store near you they do fittings as well, that's where I got mine.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

TTFN!

I have flippers for feet too! NB really does do a great job with their wide shoes. A Snail's Pace is a great store! If there's a New Balance store near you they do fittings as well, that's where I got mine.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I am going to go get fitted.. and I don't have wide feet (I don't think so anyway) so we'll see what the pros say! There's a few local stores by me that are amazing (or so I'm told) and will really look at how you run and whatever to get you in the right shoe. The first one's I got I just picked up on sale at Shoe Carnival... they were great, but they're done! Training for a 10k and maybe a 1/2 marathon this year... NEED the best shoes possible!!!

I will definitely look at the New Balance, I have another friend (not on this site) who swears by them and is a distance runner!

You girls ROCK!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I UPDATED MY TICKER.. TIRED AFTER WORK TONIGHT.. WORKING IN THE AM.. THEN OFF THRUSDAY.. PLANNING EITHER WALKING SOMEHOW.. MAYBE THE TRAILS DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER.. OR ZUMBA ZUMBA ZUMBA.. MAYBE ILL HAVE A PERSONAL ZUMBATHON.. DO ALL OF THE LEVELS IVE DONE SO FAR.. :) ONLY MAKE ME LEARN THAT MUCH QUICKER.. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT... OFF TO FIND SOMETHING TO EAT.. I HATE EATING LATE, BUT THATS THE DOWN FALL TO WORKING LATE.. :(