"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 2

Options

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Wooohoo, got out there and hit the track. Got in 2.21 miles in 29 minutes doing C25K W1D2. I'd initially planned on shooting for 5 miles (running the C25K program twice), but then I couldn't figure out how to re-start my coaching/timing prompts on my running program, so I did a cool-down lap instead. Do you think I should do the W1D3 workout, or just skip right to W2D1 the next time I'm out at the track! I feel good, but can't say I felt totally challenged.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this site and this group but I started doing the walk a couple days ago and It's going much better since I've gotten a pedometer!! I also have been drinking more water. A friends husband's Dr. told him to drink his weight in oz.'s times 2. And he started losing weight when he did. Anyway It's good for you!

Tomorrow will be my first weigh in and believe it or not, i'm looking forward to it. I only weigh myself once a week so I don't drive myself nuts with the numbers. I gave up Pop (Soda) until Easter. I always drank diet but its just not good for you and I want to save it for special treats. Just don't ask me to give up my iced tea!! I put 1 tub of Great Value diet peach tea into a gal. of hot water with 2 hot tea bags and let it steep for 10 min. Take the bags out & put the tea in the frig. It has flavor and only 1.6 cals per 8 oz. So all in all not bad and I've been training myself to stop drinking anything except water after 9pm (i don't go to bed untill about midnight so that seems to work).

I am also going to get Zumba for the wii , can't waite! And if I like it I might get the DVD's. I work much harder alone otherwise I worry about what I look like tring to do the moves. That might change after I get some of the weight off though.

Thanks for the inspiriation!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well... went and did my cardio and my "eggstra" miles on the stationary bike. :bigsmile: I have learned that I can bang out almost 4 miles in 11 minutes. I am going to try to start adding minutes to it instead of looking at the miles. So maybe 13 or 14 minutes tomoz! :happy: Any extra is good, isn't it?

Does anyone else feel ravenous after their workout? Or is it just me? I TOTALLY crave carbs afterwards! :grumble: I have started measuring out 3/4 cup of multi-grain cheerios and puffins into snack sized baggies for my craving. We'll see how it works out for me!
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well... went and did my cardio and my "eggstra" miles on the stationary bike. :bigsmile: I have learned that I can bang out almost 4 miles in 11 minutes. I am going to try to start adding minutes to it instead of looking at the miles. So maybe 13 or 14 minutes tomoz! :happy: Any extra is good, isn't it?

Does anyone else feel ravenous after their workout? Or is it just me? I TOTALLY crave carbs afterwards! :grumble: I have started measuring out 3/4 cup of multi-grain cheerios and puffins into snack sized baggies for my craving. We'll see how it works out for me!
    YESSSS, I am starving after a workout. I just have a cheese string. Protein is good for building muscle.
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today, I finally got myself back on track with my eating.

Last night I did 2 mile interval on the TM. I am having a hard time getting past 2 mins, I think my body is just getting adjusted to running again.

Tonight I did intervals but with different machines and did weight training circuits in between. I did the step machine for the first time tonight. I don't much care for it. Either I didn't have it set right or it was just to slow for me. I did 9 min step = .5 mile, circuit, 1 mile elliptical, circuit and 3.3 mile bike for a total of 1 hr. I am not sure if I should count any of these miles for the challenge. I also had 5 miles pedo for work. I know there have been some comments about using pedo miles, but my job is a very fast pace and I am normally pushing or pulling skids of material that weigh around 50 lbs.

I am not sure what to count towards the challenge. I really get bored with doing the same workouts day in and day out.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    So far a pretty good day! Plenty of water and probably a little more yet tonight and I ran 2 more miles at the gym along with my weight training. Still thinking of what I'll get new at the store to try... I like hearing some of the ideas so far!!!!

Needing some new running shoes.. anyone have any suggestions?? I'm probably going to my local running store to get fitted by a pro, didn't do that the first time and now that I'm addicted to running I figured it's probably worth it!

TTFN!

I have to suggest New Balance. They're my favorite!

I have New Balance! They work a treat for wide feet!! :bigsmile: Funny thing is... when I first started losing weight this time, I lost it in my feet first!! :laugh: But the NB have great support. I go to a place called "Snail's Pace" where they actually FIT YOU for a shoe and what you will be doing in it!! :wink:

I have flippers for feet too! NB really does do a great job with their wide shoes. A Snail's Pace is a great store! If there's a New Balance store near you they do fittings as well, that's where I got mine.

I usually say that I have "duck feet" wide toes, narrow heels- I used to wear New Balance and still think they are great but switched to Saucony Omni Pro Grid 8(9?) as they are a bit more stable and also wear Mizunos- they ahve a trail version of a runnig shoe I like and my feet were just getting soaked in my new balance and sauconies- I also hear that Brook's beast are great!

did a bit of walking at lunch today - just a kilometer (0.6 miles) but I figure better than nothing
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    "Hello! I'm new to this site and this group but I started doing the walk a couple days ago and It's going much better since I've gotten a pedometer!! I also have been drinking more water. A friends husband's Dr. told him to drink his weight in oz.'s times 2. And he started losing weight when he did. Anyway It's good for you! "

I heard weight in ounces divided by 2 - I f I drank my weight in ounces times two that would be about 4.5 gallons!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this site and this group but I started doing the walk a couple days ago and It's going much better since I've gotten a pedometer!! I also have been drinking more water. A friends husband's Dr. told him to drink his weight in oz.'s times 2. And he started losing weight when he did. Anyway It's good for you!

Tomorrow will be my first weigh in and believe it or not, i'm looking forward to it. I only weigh myself once a week so I don't drive myself nuts with the numbers. I gave up Pop (Soda) until Easter. I always drank diet but its just not good for you and I want to save it for special treats. Just don't ask me to give up my iced tea!! I put 1 tub of Great Value diet peach tea into a gal. of hot water with 2 hot tea bags and let it steep for 10 min. Take the bags out & put the tea in the frig. It has flavor and only 1.6 cals per 8 oz. So all in all not bad and I've been training myself to stop drinking anything except water after 9pm (i don't go to bed untill about midnight so that seems to work).

I am also going to get Zumba for the wii , can't waite! And if I like it I might get the DVD's. I work much harder alone otherwise I worry about what I look like tring to do the moves. That might change after I get some of the weight off though.

Thanks for the inspiriation!

WELCOME.. IF YOU DO WITHOUT POP, BETWEEN NOW AND EASTER, YOU WONT WANT IT AGAIN. TRUST ME. I STOPPED DRINKING POP FOR A WHILE AND THE FIRST TIME I PICKED IT UP AGAIN IT MADE ME SICK.. :( I HOPE YOU DO WITH THAT.. ZUMBA FOR WII IS FUN, I GET LOST AND CONFUSED BUT I STILL LOVE IT.. :)
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Today, I finally got myself back on track with my eating.

Last night I did 2 mile interval on the TM. I am having a hard time getting past 2 mins, I think my body is just getting adjusted to running again.

Tonight I did intervals but with different machines and did weight training circuits in between. I did the step machine for the first time tonight. I don't much care for it. Either I didn't have it set right or it was just to slow for me. I did 9 min step = .5 mile, circuit, 1 mile elliptical, circuit and 3.3 mile bike for a total of 1 hr. I am not sure if I should count any of these miles for the challenge. I also had 5 miles pedo for work. I know there have been some comments about using pedo miles, but my job is a very fast pace and I am normally pushing or pulling skids of material that weigh around 50 lbs.

I am not sure what to count towards the challenge. I really get bored with doing the same workouts day in and day out.

WELL YOU COULD COMBINE BIKE AND WALKING TOGETHER, LIKE SOME WERE TALKING ABOUT DOING.. ID CONCIDER ELIPTICAL AS WALKING MILES BECAUSE ITS ALONG THE SAME RHYTHM, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. KEEP IT UP HUN.. :)
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! Sounds like everyone's making serious progress. Great job!!! :bigsmile:

This morning was my weigh-in day, but I think I'm going to change it to Monday next week so it's not in the middle of the week. Anyway, I was down 2 pounds! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I haven't met my goal of being 185, but maybe if I work really hard, I'll meet it by Monday, since that will still be February. :happy:

I'm still doing great on drinking my water. I bought some lemons yesterday to add to it, although I really like my water just plain. :wink:

I haven't tried a new veggie this week, yet. We eat a lot of veggies and I can't think of one that I haven't tried. But I'll try to find a way to fix one differently - I like that roasted root veggies someone mentioned on here. Yum!

As far as the other challenges go, I'll work on them. :wink:

Thanks, April, for all your hard work.

I forgot to mention that I did take my "before" picture last week. I I'll put it on my profile. :blushing: I feel really "fluffy" :laugh:

Have a great Wednesday!! :flowerforyou:
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    "Hello! I'm new to this site and this group but I started doing the walk a couple days ago and It's going much better since I've gotten a pedometer!! I also have been drinking more water. A friends husband's Dr. told him to drink his weight in oz.'s times 2. And he started losing weight when he did. Anyway It's good for you! "

I heard weight in ounces divided by 2 - I f I drank my weight in ounces times two that would be about 4.5 gallons!

Okay... I read this wrong the first time... Let's see if I got it right now.

190 ozs. x 2 = 380 ozs. 1 oz = 30ml. 11,400ml = almost 23 bottles daily (500ml bottle)

That is JUST CRAZY! My cells and vasculature couldn't hold it and my kidneys couldn't process it. Not a chance. It IS possible to drink TOO MUCH water. Drinking HALF of that is more do-able... but still too much, me thinks! :happy:
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All you ladies and your pretty nail polish... *sigh*... I wish! I'm a nursing student - and like already mentioned here, I have to keep them free of polish and short. Ah well. My toesies can be cute! :-)

I just realized that maybe my recumbant biking would count as "miles"? I did over 6 last night... maybe more, can't remember. So I'm going to start tracking that.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Cazzi - it's half. I'm 235 and at that point, I should be drinking 14.5 glasses daily (235/16), which is about right for me to have lightly coloured urine. I try to shoot for 10-15 daily (I have a water bottle with 24oz in it). this 14 actually should include other fluids too though - soups, coffee etc. So if I get in 12, I'm happy. As long as you don't have kidney problems, your body should be able to process about 30oz an hour, so you have to make sure to spread them out
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options

Take your weight, divide THAT number in half and then whatever it is, drink that in ounces. Like, say you way 200, half being 100, drink 100oz a day :)

*edited* I think I read your post wrong. I think it was the way you last sentence is worded.. But yeah, the dr sounds like a quack, maybe he meant to say divided not multiple.. but yes, it's divided :)
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'd like to start up on something, and I'm already in a couple groups, but I'd like to find one that will keep me motivated.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Water water everywhere! :laugh:

blueviolet20, welcome to H20! :)

Time for my weekly weigh-in:

SW - 173.4
    W1 - 171.8
    W2 - 172.8

I'm up a pound this week. Not stressin'. Gonna keep movin'. :)
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I APPRECIATED THE FEEDBACK I GOT FOR THE CHALLENGE IDEAS.. ONCE AGAIN.. IF YOU HAVE IDEAS SEND THEM MY WAY.. I KNOW SOME DIDNT LIKE SOME OF THEM.. BUT I REALLY DIDNT HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO SIT AND THINK, SO I USED THE ONCE THAT WERE SENT TO ME. I KNOW SOME ARENT LIKING THE SCALE ONE, BUT I THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE STRUGGLE WITH THAT.. AND I WANT THEM TO SEE HOW THEY DONT have TO STEP ON THE SCALE DAILY.. BECAUSE WHEN ALOT OF US DO, IT JUST DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD. I KNOW ITS EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING WHEN YOUVE WAITED ALL WEEK AND DONT SEE ANYTHING.. BUT REMEMBER ITS NOT ALWAYS IN THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE..

Another thing to consider... they are called Challenges for a reason--to be challenging, not necessarily because you like the idea or it sounds like fun! For me, if it gets results, I'm up for just about anything :smile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I APPRECIATED THE FEEDBACK I GOT FOR THE CHALLENGE IDEAS.. ONCE AGAIN.. IF YOU HAVE IDEAS SEND THEM MY WAY.. I KNOW SOME DIDNT LIKE SOME OF THEM.. BUT I REALLY DIDNT HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO SIT AND THINK, SO I USED THE ONCE THAT WERE SENT TO ME. I KNOW SOME ARENT LIKING THE SCALE ONE, BUT I THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE STRUGGLE WITH THAT.. AND I WANT THEM TO SEE HOW THEY DONT have TO STEP ON THE SCALE DAILY.. BECAUSE WHEN ALOT OF US DO, IT JUST DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD. I KNOW ITS EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING WHEN YOUVE WAITED ALL WEEK AND DONT SEE ANYTHING.. BUT REMEMBER ITS NOT ALWAYS IN THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE..

Another thing to consider... they are called Challenges for a reason--to be challenging, not necessarily because you like the idea or it sounds like fun! For me, if it gets results, I'm up for just about anything :smile:

emilySMARTYPANTSsebastian is right. Challenges aren't supposed to be liked, they're supposed to suck and make you groan (mind out of the gutter, dirty birds!) until you realize that you're stronger and healthier now that you've done the challenge!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Not saying I don't like the challenges, I just think that 7 challenges with a challenge is quite a lot. That's all.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Not saying I don't like the challenges, I just think that 7 challenges with a challenge is quite a lot. That's all.

I agree with you on that one, I wasn't directing what I said about not liking challenges to you/regarding the number of challenges. I meant not liking individual challenges, piece-by-piece.