"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 2

Options

Replies

• cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    BritLyn- I know just how you feel. Im a single mom too and its hard to get out and exercise like those that dont have kids or that have a partner to depend on. And if you have bad weather AND sick kids (my daughter catches every cold and gets very sick when its winter) then its even harder. Just got to try though. You will never fail as long as you keep trying.

Same also, I have to walk with a stroller or work out in nap time, so everything often completely goes out of the window :(

I'm right with ya! Thing is... just don't give up!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Week 2! Awesome! I'll get in here to comment, and will update the spreadsheet formula, tonite. Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Had an OK week... it was just kind of... weird. Guess I felt a little off all week, and I think it was b/c I was forced to do new exercises to compensate for the fact I couldn't run (shin splints). I miss my running :frown: The weird part is that I felt like I wasn't working or exercising as hard w/o the running, even though I don't think that was really the case. NEW WEEK>MOVING ON>>>>>>

Starting weight this week is 194.6. I'm definitely excited for the new veg/fruit challenge! I'm always up for a new food... might try one of both *yay* I think I will also be pampering my feet with a new pair of shoes... just depends on how the funds end-up after all the necessary stuff! Oh--and I will actually ask hubby to hide the scale this week... I think I checked it on a daily basis last week b/c I knew where it was hiding--UGH! I actually will only be weighing-in two more times before a long break (40 days--Lent!) until the end of this challenge... I think hubby might have to donate the scale!!! OK--think positive, this week will be better--go us!

Good luck to everyone this week--keep up the great work :heart:

PS--I love that nail polish is like a secondary common ground for this group--teehee! :bigsmile:
  • chatnoire
    chatnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....ok, on to week two. I did pretty well with week one, I think. Only missed one day of walking.

So last night I tried a new fitness class....it was POLE DANCING. :noway: Yep. It was not as much of a workout as I thought...a lot of standing around, then trying something, and well...I won't be going back. My friend and I are going to stick with regular dancing, and we're doing a hip hop class starting next week.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    cazzincali- Can u polish your toenails? I do this as I cannot stand to have it on my nails. I like my nails perfect when I do it and I always seem to chip mine right off if its on my hands. However, polish on my toes lasts for weeks and looks like I just polished them.

chatnoire- I used to dance to the Grind on MTV before school. And it worked really well. All that booty shaking really works all the thigh muscles and your abs.

As for me, I am slowly inheriting the sick from my kids. Isnt that how it goes? They get better and then you feel like death? lol. I have some ah personal issues that have me not exercising, inhaling chocolate frequently and feeling bloated.....
    So its not a good start to the week.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty decent start to the week.. got plenty of water in today! I like it just plain with lots of ice... and even though I drink a glass or two of iced tea everyday I don't count that in my water since it has caffeine. Calories continue to be in a good place and I'm not hungry except the hour before lunch, so I'm happy with that. Can't wait to try something new this week, but not sure what it will be... exercise or fruit/veggie wise!!! No time until later in the week to pamper myself either, but I'm taking a vacation day on Friday, so we'll see what I can fit in!

I don't run again until tomorrow, but I think I have 2 miles scheduled! I'll update then... no weighing in for me until my normal day on Thursday! My scale at home is so old it doesn't register right anymore!!! The one at the gym is fantastic.

Hope everyone has a great week! :flowerforyou:
  • tanniew78
    Options
    Sooooo, I ran across a talk show that had the c25k lady on it and she said that walking in place for 30 minutes equals about 2 miles a day. Soooo thats what I am doing. Here is a link for those that want studies to back it up and whatnot. :)

http://walking.about.com/cs/howtoloseweight/a/30minaday.htm

I just know that i have to get my miles in somehow and I cannot be out walking in this crap with my girl. We would be in the hospital in no time. I can walk in place for 30 minutes. :D
  • chatnoire
    chatnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Walking in place is a great idea! Can you also try walking around the house to liven it up?

I'm definitely looking forward to the hip hop class. I've got a bit of a knee issue, so between hip hop and yoga, I hope to get them stronger!!!

Also - i've discovered what apparently is OBVIOUS but I didn't realize it till now: veggies are pretty much a "stuff yourself silly for no guilt" kind of food! You can see it on my last couple days. WOW I got a lot of food in, and still under calories!
  • tanniew78
    Options
    chatnoire- A good rule of thumb is to have half your plate filled with veggies. So yeah.. Eat those veggies!

Here is the blog of a woman on here that does just that. She gave a pictoblog of what she eats and how her days goes. Notice how awesome she looks. And see what is on her plate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ickybella/view/my-day-a-picture-diary-67758

My dad always did say to increase my veggies and fruits to lose weight... Maybe he had some pretty sound advice....
  • cazzincali
    Options
    cazzincali- Can u polish your toenails? I do this as I cannot stand to have it on my nails. I like my nails perfect when I do it and I always seem to chip mine right off if its on my hands. However, polish on my toes lasts for weeks and looks like I just polished them.

Yes... I have a pedicure every 2 weeks. It's been a treat for myself for the past... oh... 5 years or so. Love it! I also get a monthly massage. My guilt free pleasures!! :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    ceelovejay - YAY for being out of the 160's!
    mollybeslimmer - get on those challenges! :)
    ChantalC - you're just a continual success! Amazing losses.
    fitterpam - best of luck with only eating out once. That is somethign hubby and I are terrible at. Bwahaha, yay for making you buy a polish! Those Sally Hansen salon colors are great. They last FOREVER!
    lizard9800 - flippin' TOM messing with the scale.
    Nikstergirl - I love how many miles you're racking up. You're a bonafide runner!
    Crystal S - yay for being back down to only your herd of kids.
    cazzincali - eewwww flu! You gotta rest up, but you know that. And wait, did I read that right? You're making sexy underthings for your daughter?! And SO not cool that you can't wear polish. *waves fist in air at powers that be* Have you looked into gel polish? It comes in clear and other light/neutral colors that would probably go undetected but still keep your digits lookin' fancy.
    nursee67 - FANTASTIC work! :)
    ladybu6205 - uhm, yeah, I think you need to overnight me your world famous biscuits and gravy NOW. Biscuits are one of my favorite foods...I'm going to sound completely nuts but I named my car biscuit. So when should I expect the shipment? :tongue:
    roboray - oh gosh you're fighting with flu too?! Yipes, take care!
    nica8605 - welcome!
    JeninBelguim - you'll get the hang of the water. Keep workin' at it.
    ChassityO - great to have you here! Enjoy!
    casey_when_u_go - I'm glad you felt good enough to run.
    linemansgirl - :bigsmile: go you!
    Bru - yeah 6 challenges in one week is pretty hard for me too. I'm thinking maximum of 3 would work better, I feel a little overwhelmed with 6. And please, like I really twisted your arm to paint your nails all pretty like. ;) LOVE the color! I'm going to add it to my wish list. Oh, and if you see Wet and Wild Gray's Anatomy polish, be sure to pick it up!!
    bjshooter - best of luck kicking sugar to the curb!
    jsecret - seriously girl, you know what you're doing! Great job!!
    aprildauer - keep on truckin'!
    sameantha - feel better!
    tanniew78 - don't worry about not having a scale. Just have a goal in mind and work towards that. Please don't feel like you can't fully participate without having a scale. And for polish chipping, I hear ya. I gotta suggest gel polish for you too. It lasts for two weeks without ANY chips. Seriously. Look into it!
    BritLyn - welcome to H20!
    emilysebastian - like the characters in "Meet the Robinsons" say, KEEP MOVING FORWARD! And yeah, I'm so lovin' the polish infatuation! <3
    chatnoire - how FUN! Pole dancing workouts sound like a great time.

So week two challenges, let's see how I'll measure up...

C1W2 - I'm already addicted to bubbly water, so I'm good there!
    C2W2 - Hmmm...I don't know what to give a go...will definitely pick up my something new at the store tomorrow!
    C3W2 - Dunno yet.
    C4W2 - Also don't know yet.
    C5W2 - Yeah, I'm good at this pampering part. :laugh:
    C6W2 - I really do need to hide the scale. It is just sitting out there, easy to get.
  • cazzincali
    Options

cazzincali - eewwww flu! You gotta rest up, but you know that. And wait, did I read that right? You're making sexy underthings for your daughter?! And SO not cool that you can't wear polish. *waves fist in air at powers that be* Have you looked into gel polish? It comes in clear and other light/neutral colors that would probably go undetected but still keep your digits lookin' fancy.

LOL Yeah... I am making some heirloom nighties and a peignoir for her. She's getting married at the end of May. I am making them out of silk batiste so they are very sheer and I'm using lots of lace insertion and lace edging. They are turning out quite nice! :happy:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

LOL Yeah... I am making some heirloom nighties and a peignoir for her. She's getting married at the end of May. I am making them out of silk batiste so they are very sheer and I'm using lots of lace insertion and lace edging. They are turning out quite nice! :happy:

They sound fancy!! And good for you for getting regular pampering. That's the way to do it!
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Dang it did my weigh in and I gained 1.1 lbs. Im now at 195.6. I know what did it but I was at least hoping for not that much of a gain. Between being busy and not getting in a workout and TOM last week went to crap lol.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    ceelovejay - YAY for being out of the 160's!
    Let me just start off by saying I think you are AWESOME for commenting to everyone! I really appreciate it. I wish I would out of the 160s! LOL Only the 170s so far. You can say that again by the end of this challenge. :-)
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Darn you Pinky!! See what you made me do!! mynails.jpgmynailsupclose.jpg Naturally my left side looks horrible so no pic from that side.. I used Wild n Wild 'Rain Check' as the main color, Wild N Wils 'Blue Moon, NYC 'Times Square' (orange) and NYC Charming Rose. I think I'd rather do someone elses' nails than my own but still had fun :)
    LOVE IT!!! Now I need to go find Rain Check. Ugh! You ladies are going to get me in sooo much trouble. I already have too many polishes in my possession. :laugh:
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    chatnoire- A good rule of thumb is to have half your plate filled with veggies. So yeah.. Eat those veggies!

Here is the blog of a woman on here that does just that. She gave a pictoblog of what she eats and how her days goes. Notice how awesome she looks. And see what is on her plate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ickybella/view/my-day-a-picture-diary-67758

My dad always did say to increase my veggies and fruits to lose weight... Maybe he had some pretty sound advice....

DAD ALWAYS SAID TO EAT ONE HELPING OF FOOD, AND IF YOU WERE STILL HUNGRY, FILL UP ON FRUITS AND VEGGIES.. I ALWAYS HEAR THAT IN MY HEAD WHEN IM EATING.. HAHA.. :) SIS I THINK DAD WAS SMART.. :) IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, LOOK AT ALL THAT WEIGHT HE LOST RIGHT BEFORE HE GOT SICK.. :)
  • AprilVal
    Options
    My personal goal for this challenge is to be out of the 300's for good. I am hoping to be in the 280's if not high 270's. I am sick of the 200's and 300's playing ping pong with me.. my goodness. im soo done with it.. ;)

SW:301
    Wk 1:301
    WK 2:301
    GW: 280

CURRENT LOSS:0 ALTHOUGH I HAVENT LOST ANY WEIGHT ATLEAST IVE MAINTAINED.

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 2
    (02/20) - MAKE H20 EVEN MORE TASTY,ADD LEMON OR LIME, CUCUMBER, MINT, SUBSTITUTE A "BUBBLY" WATER, DRINK IT SUPER COLD (INSTEAD OF SODA OR JUICE), OR WARM/HOT (INSTEAD OF COFFEE OR TEA), SHARE YOUR NEW FOUND WATER TASTE WITH THE GROUP. (THANK YOU EMILY FOR YOUR SUGGESTION) - im thinking about getting some lemon or strawberries to put in my water. although i like it plain, it will add a little something to it.. :)

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 2
    (02/20) - TRY A NEW FRUIT OR VEGETABLE THAT YOU'VE NEVER HAD BEFORE, OR TRY IT A NEW WAY. FIND A NEW WAY TO PREPARE IT. (THANK YOU LADYBU FOR THE IDEA) - i think when i go to the store i will try to find a new fruit.. im not big on veggies.. as much as i should be, i just cant bring myself to do it.. :(

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 2
    (02/20) - TRY A NEW FORM OF EXERCISE/TRY A NEW FORM OF EXERCISE EQUIPMENT. (THANK YOU LADYBU & EMILY FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS) - i have already done this one twice.. on my zumba wii game, i have done two new zumba classes.. im now in the intermediate class.. :) next is intermediate class for 45 mintutes.. eek.. but i think i can do it..

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 2
    (02/20) - GIVE UP SOMETHING FOR A WEEK. (POP, WHITE BREAD, SNACKING OF SOME SORT) AND SUBSTITUTE IT WITH SOMETHING HEALTHIER. (THANK YOU NURSEE FOR THE IDEA)

CHALLENGE 5 - WEEK 2
    (02/20) - PAMPER YOURSELF. GET A NEW NAIL POLISH, GET YOUR HAIR CUT, COLORED, GET YOUR NAILS DONE, TAKE A FEW EXTRA MINUTES TO TAKE A NICE BATH.. WHATEVER.. IM SURE YOURE IN NEED OF A LITTLE PAMPERING.. - i tried taking a bath yesterday, but it was a huge fail, i had a phone call so i had to hurry it up.. :( not what i wanted to do.. although i got my hair cut last week.. haah..

CHALLENGE 6 - WEEK 2
    (02/20) - HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR A WEEK (AGAIN). WEIGH YOURSELF FOR THIS WEEK, THEN HIDE IT AGAIN. I KNOW SOME OF YOU DONT LIKE THIS CHALLENGE BUT I THINK IT HELPS OTHERS. I KNOW SOME OF YOU WEIGH YOURSELF DAILY.. - the wii fit is hidden.. if i use it for challenges i will not go to the board where i see my weight.. nope, nope, nope.. :) although this week im more into zumba than anything..
  • AprilVal
    Options
    OMG.. SOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE POSTED I DONT KNOW IF ILL EVEN ATTEMPT TO CATCH UP WITH IT ALL.. HAHA.. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE THIS CHALLENGE BE THE FUNNEST ITS BEEN SOO FAR.. :) WE HAVE MORE ACTIVE PEOPLE THIS CHALLENGE THEN WE HAVE HAD BEFORE.. :) WAY TO GO EVERYONE.. I LOVE IT.. AND YOUR WELCOME FOR THE CHALLENGES.. I APPRECIATED THE FEEDBACK I GOT FOR THE CHALLENGE IDEAS.. ONCE AGAIN.. IF YOU HAVE IDEAS SEND THEM MY WAY.. I KNOW SOME DIDNT LIKE SOME OF THEM.. BUT I REALLY DIDNT HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO SIT AND THINK, SO I USED THE ONCE THAT WERE SENT TO ME. I KNOW SOME ARENT LIKING THE SCALE ONE, BUT I THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE STRUGGLE WITH THAT.. AND I WANT THEM TO SEE HOW THEY DONT have TO STEP ON THE SCALE DAILY.. BECAUSE WHEN ALOT OF US DO, IT JUST DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD. I KNOW ITS EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING WHEN YOUVE WAITED ALL WEEK AND DONT SEE ANYTHING.. BUT REMEMBER ITS NOT ALWAYS IN THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE..

HAPPY TUESDAY.. :)
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok Ladies, I weighed in this morning and I am down .8. I can't believe it with the weekend I have had, I didn't do good with my eating yesterday either.

I did make it to the gym. 2 miles intervals, I am having a hard time getting past 2 min., I don't know if it is my body just getting use to running again or if it is in my mind. I am going to try to start working in a little of strength training this week and see how the shoulder does.

My new recipe today is fried rice with chicken.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!