"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 2

Options

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I agree with you on that one, I wasn't directing what I said about not liking challenges to you/regarding the number of challenges. I meant not liking individual challenges, piece-by-piece.

Yes I know, I was just throwing in my 2c about it .. that's all :)
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I would reallllyy like to join I know I am late, but I love all these challenges, when does the new week start?
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Soooo, I had a higher calorie day. Im still well within the MFP limit, but I did this on purpose. I like doing intervals. Low cal/ low cal/ higher cal/ low cal/ higher cal/ low cal/ low cal/ low cal... etc... Gives me 2 days of wiggle room. Im NOT even coming close to going over my limit tho. Alot of that has to do with the fact that I refuse to eat out anymore. Honestly, the thought of fast food or Chinese or anything i dont know what goes into it.... disgusts me anymore. I want to know everything that goes into my body. I dont want to have to wonder what the heck xanthum gum is and wonder how they get it. I dont want to try to figure out why they have to have blue LAKE color in my food... just sayin.... And a lot of the restaurants do some hideous things to their food to make them sanitary and edible to the public. I wont go into details, but my eyes are OPEN and Im not allowing myself or my kids to go to those places anymore. What their dad/ grandparents do... I cannot control that... but in MY care they will not eat something I dont make. The only thing I really have trouble giving up is.... pepperoni... lmbo... Chemical bath tho it is... Pizza just isnt the same without it... even home made.

I have had a very rough day. The kids have given me a hard time most of the day and my nerves are totally shot. Normally I would use it as an excuse to eat the pan of brownies I made, but I had 2 (the higher cal part of my day). Dont worry.... They are fairly healthy for brownies. Not as good as if I had made them from scratch (OMG! If you have never made a from scratch brownie... you just dont know what you are missing!), but i used applesauce in place of the oil. Kinda made it a weird texture, kind of a creamy brownie, but it was good and addresses the chocolate cravings. Now if I can get through the rest of the night without diving face first into that pan.....

I plan on adding a 100 calorie or so snack to my night and then Im calling it quits with over 300 cals to spare. No where near my normal 1000 but hey... We all have THOSE days... lmbo
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I would reallllyy like to join I know I am late, but I love all these challenges, when does the new week start?

Jump in anytime...we have decided, the more the merrier! Welcome!
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Alright HELLLO!!!

I am Tricia, My SW is 146.... :)

I am a 25 year old mother of 3, all boys, ages, 6,2,1 ... i really need to lose 20 more lbs,I am only 5 feet tall, I do however at this point see it as impossible for me lose 20 lbs .... Unrealistic, I hope that in time I will prove myself wrong !!! Right now I am only running, I was doing the shred, with great results as well, but am taking a break from it... I will get back to some type of circuit here soon I hope
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options

emilySMARTYPANTSsebastian is right. Challenges aren't supposed to be liked, they're supposed to suck and make you groan (mind out of the gutter, dirty birds!) until you realize that you're stronger and healthier now that you've done the challenge!

sorry... i live with my mind in the gutter. so anything that has to do with sucking and groaning... well, that works for me! LMAO sorry... hope i didn't offend!!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES (TRICIA & BLUEVIOLET.. :) ALWAYS HAPPY TO SEE NEW FACES.. SORRY IF IVE BEEN MAKING TOO MANY CHALLENGES.. THEY ARE THERE FOR VARIETY.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ALL OF THEM IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.. ITS JUST SOMETHING TO GET PEOPLE MOTIVATED. GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO KEEP THEM ACCOUNTED FOR. I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ALREADY IN MULTIPLE CHALLENGES, AND THEN SOME ARE JUST IN HERE. I KNOW IN THE PAST IVE ONLY HAD 4 OR 5 CHALLENGES, IVE JUST ADDED SOME THIS TIME. A LOT OF THEM ARE SIMPLE, AND I DO THAT FOR A REASON. A LOT OF THEM ONLY TAKE ONE DAY. :)

HOPE EVERYONES HAVING A GREAT WEEK. TODAY IS MY THIRD DAY IN A ROW DOING MY ZUMBA FOR WII.. :) I CAME HOME AND I WAS GOING TO SIT DOWN THEN DO IT, BUT I DIDN'T EVEN ALLOW MYSELF TO SIT DOWN. WENT DIRECTLY TO MY ZUMBA, WHICH I'M GLAD. NOW MAKING DINNER THEN GOING TO DO SOME HOUSE WORK.. :) HUBBYS ALWAYS SLEEPY AT NIGHT TIME.. SO IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TO DO.. BESIDES SITTING AT THE COMPUTER.. ;) GOING TO START WORKING ON WEEK 3 EARLY I THINK. SO ANY IDEAS OUT THERE ARE WELCOMED AGAIN. HOPING IM NOT OVERWHELMING ANYONE.. TRYING NOT TO.. HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE! <3
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I am not overwhelmed, thanks for the welcome...!!!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newest folks... I'd name you, but my A.D.D. prevents me from being that organized--I have absolute faith one or our more organized gals will welcome you by name (Pink? April? I know one of you ladies will help me out here) :happy:

I know I'm supposed to be ignoring my scale, but it had good news for me, so I consider that cancelling it out--haha! Down almost 2 lbs, but I'm still not going to post it until Sunday. This week was feeling more productive overall, so it's nice to see that reflected on the scale as well... now I promise to leave it alone until Sunday!

Tannie... girl, you are making me want a brownie something awful! :wink: I'll have to find a healthy recipe as well... or if you'd like to share yours??? Great job not eating out... I find staying on track to be MUCH easier if we are eating at home, too!

It's almost Friday *YAY* I have 2.5 miles of running AND Shred in my forecast for tomorrow (partially to burn off my dinner from tonight!)--also, shin splints have gone away and the kiddo is having a sleep over at a friends this weekend which means a night alone with the honey--WOO HOO! What are everyone else's goals and plans for tomorrow and/or the weekend?

Best part of my day (believe it or not, not the scale/down two pounds)--my VitaTops came by UPS today--SO YUMMY!!! If you haven't heard of them, Google it... they taste WAY better than only 100 cals, and there are actual CHUNKS of chocolate. I think I've found my new best friend *tear*

Oh--and April... fab job on the Zumba/Wii! I see your cals burned everyday and it makes me work harder in my workouts CHEESY MOMENT COMING--> You inspire me :bigsmile:
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Welcome to our newest folks... I'd name you, but my A.D.D. prevents me from being that organized--I have absolute faith one or our more organized gals will welcome you by name (Pink? April? I know one of you ladies will help me out here) :happy:

I know I'm supposed to be ignoring my scale, but it had good news for me, so I consider that cancelling it out--haha! Down almost 2 lbs, but I'm still not going to post it until Sunday. This week was feeling more productive overall, so it's nice to see that reflected on the scale as well... now I promise to leave it alone until Sunday!

Tannie... girl, you are making me want a brownie something awful! :wink: I'll have to find a healthy recipe as well... or if you'd like to share yours??? Great job not eating out... I find staying on track to be MUCH easier if we are eating at home, too!

It's almost Friday *YAY* I have 2.5 miles of running AND Shred in my forecast for tomorrow (partially to burn off my dinner from tonight!)--also, shin splints have gone away and the kiddo is having a sleep over at a friends this weekend which means a night alone with the honey--WOO HOO! What are everyone else's goals and plans for tomorrow and/or the weekend?

Best part of my day (believe it or not, not the scale/down two pounds)--my VitaTops came by UPS today--SO YUMMY!!! If you haven't heard of them, Google it... they taste WAY better than only 100 cals, and there are actual CHUNKS of chocolate. I think I've found my new best friend *tear*

Oh--and April... fab job on the Zumba/Wii! I see your cals burned everyday and it makes me work harder in my workouts CHEESY MOMENT COMING--> You inspire me :bigsmile:

Haha.. Thanks.. I appreciate it.. Its nice to know that i inspire people.. I seem to be doing that alot lately.. :):flowerforyou:
    If you need help organizing use notepad or wordpad on your computer. it helps.. ;) you can do it.. :)

Ive been working harder at trying to force myself to get some form of workout in.. somedays thats really hard.. haha.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I am not overwhelmed, thanks for the welcome...!!!

youre welcome.. ;) i hope you like it!
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I really wish I could stick to the shred, Ive gotten nice results, its just I get bored and its hard to make myself work out in my living room, Ill run tomorrow if I can, if not Ill force myself to start back at level 1 of the shred... ;) thats all for my plans!!!
  • tanniew78
    Options
    Emily- I just took a Betty Crocker and replaced the oil with applesauce. No big deal really. :)

OH! And I got full calorie and fat counts from Sparkpeople and posted it with the applesauce variation on this site. so you can account for it here in your food journal.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    i wrote a blog tonight.. i dunno if it makes sense.. haha im exhausted but had some things i wanted to write about.. it may or may not be helpful for those struggling.. have a good night..
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello to the newbies.

I did great with food, water and exercise today.

I did 30 DS lev 1 before work. After work I did 2 mile interval on TM, I even made it up to 3 min.

Question, is my whole body suppose to hurt when I run?? My new shoes must not be correct because after 1 mile my toes start going numb..
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Okay... so I did 5.1 more miles on the bike this evening. :happy: So I am ahead on my miles! :bigsmile:

Bought a new scale as well. It was time for a decent digital scale! I have to weigh in tomoz morning for my other challenge i am participating in... so we'll see how it works out with my old one. I am hoping the new one is more accurate! :tongue: Which I can only admit to if it says I am LOSING! Otherwise, it MUST be wrong, right?! :laugh:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    ok still struggling with water so once off from posting will refill my water bottle and place on desk

got in my walk last night inspite of dark snowiness and am wearing my walking shoes now at work as I WILL GO OUT FOR A WALK AT LUNCH ( if I shout it sticks in my head better :happy: )

I still need to record my weigh-in from earlier this week - no change- hopefully drinking more water will shift that!

oh but I did get in my new vegetable - salsify (aka schorzinea (spelling?)) looks a bit like a black carrot, you have to peel it (preferably with gloves on) and tastes a bit like white asparagus or I don't know- it's ok but probably not going on my regular menu
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    smalltowngirl504 - welcome to H20! But damn you for having Castaway Cay in your siggy ticker! *sigh* You're making me miss that island like WOAH! I need a conch cooler, stat!!

tanniew78 - I like your interval calorie plan. You gotta keep your body guessing at what's going to be coming in. And good for you for cutting out all food that isn't made by you! I couldn't commit to something like that, but am very impressed by your will power. I'm going to have to try making brownies with apple sauce since I like my brownies gooey. So you use a boxed mix and add in the apple sauce? Sounds good to me!

cazzincali - I not only live in the gutter, but I own an apartment building. Care to rent one of my luxurious condos? ;) And the new scale is totally flipping wrong if it says you gained. Who does the new scale think he is if he can come in and start talking trash?! PFFT!

AprilVal - freakin' awesome job doing the Zumba so consistently! You're a dancing fool!

emilysebastian - BAD GIRL for getting on the scale! I shall spank you...where do you like it? :tongue: But, I'm very happy for you that the maniacal measuring mesa gave you good news. Hooray for alone time with the hubby, and congrats on finding a new best friend. I've seen VitaTops at the store (I think); chunks of chocolate...sign me the eff up!

sameantha - I'm no physical therapist but I don't think your whole body is supposed to hurt while you run. My toes used to go numb when I ran too, but then I loosened my shoe laces and that went away. So maybe you're tying your shoesies too tight? Give that a shot. Great job making it up to 3 minutes of running!!

JeninBelguim - HOW WAS YOUR WALK?! ;) I've NEVER heard of a salsify!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Bru...my turn to place blame on your shoulders, 'cause I ended up buying myself Wet 'n Wild Rain Check tonight. They also had Gray's Anatomy in stock, and who am I to leave that behind?! :laugh: Got in 2.22 miles at the track tonight - I'm now complete with C25K week one! It would have been a quite perfect eve at the track, except there was about 100 grunions in a youth track and field team that had taken over all but the very outside lane of the track. :explode: Yay for kids being active and stuff, but didn't they know *I* was going to be there?! (Just kidding! Really! Kind of...)

After the track I met up with one of my best friends for coffee. We ended up talking for nearly 3 hours. I really missed her. I hadn't seen her since her birthday in October, and we live about 10 miles away from each other! Totally not excusable...I must be a better friend!!
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!!!! :happy:

For some odd reason brownies are sounding really tasty this morning........... :laugh: I also find that doing interval calories really helps the weight to come off.

My week is going MUCH better than last week. Last week was TOM and I had NO energy. I am doing the 30 day shred and I felt like I was going to die because of my lack of energy. I pushed through and this week I feel awesome again. Buh bye TOM!!!! Until next month. :grumble:

Last night I was at the grocery store, so I decided to get some beets for my new veggie. I have had pickled beets, but my grandma has told me that they are SO wonderful baked like a potato. We will be giving that a try with supper tonight.

I usually drink my water plain, but sometimes I add a bit of 100% cranberry juice and some stevia or agave nectar. YUM! Maybe that suggestion will help someone. You could also use sweetener if that is your thing! I also do lemon sometimes too.

Everyone is truckin' right along! Keep it up ladies!!!!!! :happy:
  • tanniew78
    Options
    smalltowngirl504 - welcome to H20! But damn you for having Castaway Cay in your siggy ticker! *sigh* You're making me miss that island like WOAH! I need a conch cooler, stat!!

tanniew78 - I like your interval calorie plan. You gotta keep your body guessing at what's going to be coming in. And good for you for cutting out all food that isn't made by you! I couldn't commit to something like that, but am very impressed by your will power. I'm going to have to try making brownies with apple sauce since I like my brownies gooey. So you use a boxed mix and add in the apple sauce? Sounds good to me!

cazzincali - I not only live in the gutter, but I own an apartment building. Care to rent one of my luxurious condos? ;) And the new scale is totally flipping wrong if it says you gained. Who does the new scale think he is if he can come in and start talking trash?! PFFT!

AprilVal - freakin' awesome job doing the Zumba so consistently! You're a dancing fool!

emilysebastian - BAD GIRL for getting on the scale! I shall spank you...where do you like it? :tongue: But, I'm very happy for you that the maniacal measuring mesa gave you good news. Hooray for alone time with the hubby, and congrats on finding a new best friend. I've seen VitaTops at the store (I think); chunks of chocolate...sign me the eff up!

sameantha - I'm no physical therapist but I don't think your whole body is supposed to hurt while you run. My toes used to go numb when I ran too, but then I loosened my shoe laces and that went away. So maybe you're tying your shoesies too tight? Give that a shot. Great job making it up to 3 minutes of running!!

JeninBelguim - HOW WAS YOUR WALK?! ;) I've NEVER heard of a salsify!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Bru...my turn to place blame on your shoulders, 'cause I ended up buying myself Wet 'n Wild Rain Check tonight. They also had Gray's Anatomy in stock, and who am I to leave that behind?! :laugh: Got in 2.22 miles at the track tonight - I'm now complete with C25K week one! It would have been a quite perfect eve at the track, except there was about 100 grunions in a youth track and field team that had taken over all but the very outside lane of the track. :explode: Yay for kids being active and stuff, but didn't they know *I* was going to be there?! (Just kidding! Really! Kind of...)

After the track I met up with one of my best friends for coffee. We ended up talking for nearly 3 hours. I really missed her. I hadn't seen her since her birthday in October, and we live about 10 miles away from each other! Totally not excusable...I must be a better friend!!

Yes I used the Betty Crocker box mix. Its stuff from my former life. Next brownies will be from scratch. lol. Sticking to the whole if I dont make it, its not going in us mentality. Might even start making my own bread. IDK. Nothing like fresh bread and lord knows: 1. I could really use the work out that mixing and kneading provides and 2. fresh bread is the most amazing thing ever! I used to make it all the time. lol. An hour (I dont include rising time) and its bread.... :)