123457»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for March 3, 2011
    Katie Jay, MSW

Be here in this moment.

Sometimes the best way to get through the day is to choose to be present and enjoy the moment. Dwelling on things you cannot change or allowing yourself to be consumed by what might happen tomorrow takes away the joy of the moment.

Children have perfected the skill of living in the moment. For them, only the slide exists and the shear joy they embody as they zip down it. You can live by their example. Focus on the moment as it is happening. Laugh with your loved ones. Scratch your cat behind the ears and sense its pleasure. Rejoice in the success of a friend. Experience the joys of today as if today were the only day you have.

Action for the day: Be present and find joy in each moment today.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Hello Snowflakes :glasses: I have to say it is a beautiful day outside and it has definately improved my mood :happy: I seriously cant believe tomorrow is the weigh in!! I feel flike this week just slipped away from me!! I have only worked out twice this week so far :sad: these damn headaches are seriously killing my workouts!!! I did get my prescription filled so hopefully i will start feeling up to working out again!! I am going to try to get a workout in tonight!! I will definately be back on track next week!! I am a little depressed however...I stepped on the scale this morning and I know i shouldnt have but i was up 3 pounds!!!:noway: seriously how is that even possible!?!?! I just want to get back on track to meet my goals!! I adjusted my goals last night and put dates with them, so now I have an idea of when I need to be at what weight. anywho I am starting to ramble so I will just say, good luck to everyone in the the weigh in tomorrow!!!

No worries...look at it this way....you know what you have to work towards next week and you CAN and WILL do it! At least you arent up 3lbs and worked out all week. You may just be retaining water...this happens to me all the time. So just try your best to watch the sodium...and if you do have a large quantity kind of day CHUG the water big time. You will be fine. I know I was totally upset that I didn't hit my 110 goal on the 22nd of last month..but I had to remember that I WILL meet it, I just have to stay focused.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Ok since I am really struggling right now with food intake and I love tickers. I decided to change my exercise ticker to food instead because exercise is not an issue for me. It is part of my lifestyle now and has been for some time now since I gotten back on track last March. It was so much easier for me to get back into the routine of moving my body with limitations. I guess when you force yourself to get around at 500+ pounds for years; it was not as hard to force myself to exercise over the years--even prior to WLS.

So now I have to do something for the food end to keep me motivated. That is what I am focusing on this month. Food issues and the mind issues that go with food issues:frown:

So the ticker queen that I have decided to count publically how many days I can keep my calories under 2000. I have been doing this since November and I have yet to get over 8 times within the month under 2000 calories.:grumble: My goal is 23 but anything between 12 and 20 will suffice for March. Since I am a person not into perfection anymore I will take what I can get. One day at a time.:happy:

So what are your issues that you have with food? Is it overeating, frequency, etc. Maybe I can help.... :flowerforyou:

Thanks so much Krys! I am working thru it best I can.:grumble: Just having your support and this group is very helpful to me.:smile: I vent when I have time. I am mindful of the problem I have which is food addiction and BED (Binge Eating Disorder). I have come a long way and I still have a ways to go. I keep treaking where I can and go with it. Thanks again!:flowerforyou: You are the best!!

I will tell you....I have never been diagnosed with anything, but even in the beginning of my journey I would find myself eating just to eat...and my problem, and I still struggle with it now is I have a major sweet tooth. Good example, we have a chocolate chip glazed cake in the back office of my job and I swear everytime I go back there it has been calling my name! But every time I go back there and want to cut a slice...I think about the great compliments I have been getting and I know myself, it will be hard for me to stop at one slice LOL So I just have to say, "You will be able to eat this when you hit 165 Krystle, don't lose focus!"

Alos, what I have to do is keep myself busy when I am at home. Because days when Im not at work are the hardest! I still have swiss rolls, oatmeal pies, and honey buns, frozen hot wings, etc in my kitchen because the boys eat them. If possible, I would try to eliminate everything that is bad for you in the kitchen and replace it with fruits, veggies, granola, etc. so that way when you do feel the need to binge you have nothing but healthy stuff in the kitchen.

But I am so proud of you for battling this, staying strong and always motivating to everyone else here. That is a huge accomplishment and I know you have been through so much and you are such an inspiration to us all!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Ok since I am really struggling right now with food intake and I love tickers. I decided to change my exercise ticker to food instead because exercise is not an issue for me. It is part of my lifestyle now and has been for some time now since I gotten back on track last March. It was so much easier for me to get back into the routine of moving my body with limitations. I guess when you force yourself to get around at 500+ pounds for years; it was not as hard to force myself to exercise over the years--even prior to WLS.

So now I have to do something for the food end to keep me motivated. That is what I am focusing on this month. Food issues and the mind issues that go with food issues:frown:

So the ticker queen that I have decided to count publically how many days I can keep my calories under 2000. I have been doing this since November and I have yet to get over 8 times within the month under 2000 calories.:grumble: My goal is 23 but anything between 12 and 20 will suffice for March. Since I am a person not into perfection anymore I will take what I can get. One day at a time.:happy:

So what are your issues that you have with food? Is it overeating, frequency, etc. Maybe I can help.... :flowerforyou:

Thanks so much Krys! I am working thru it best I can.:grumble: Just having your support and this group is very helpful to me.:smile: I vent when I have time. I am mindful of the problem I have which is food addiction and BED (Binge Eating Disorder). I have come a long way and I still have a ways to go. I keep treaking where I can and go with it. Thanks again!:flowerforyou: You are the best!!

I will tell you....I have never been diagnosed with anything, but even in the beginning of my journey I would find myself eating just to eat...and my problem, and I still struggle with it now is I have a major sweet tooth. Good example, we have a chocolate chip glazed cake in the back office of my job and I swear everytime I go back there it has been calling my name! But every time I go back there and want to cut a slice...I think about the great compliments I have been getting and I know myself, it will be hard for me to stop at one slice LOL So I just have to say, "You will be able to eat this when you hit 165 Krystle, don't lose focus!"

Alos, what I have to do is keep myself busy when I am at home. Because days when Im not at work are the hardest! I still have swiss rolls, oatmeal pies, and honey buns, frozen hot wings, etc in my kitchen because the boys eat them. If possible, I would try to eliminate everything that is bad for you in the kitchen and replace it with fruits, veggies, granola, etc. so that way when you do feel the need to binge you have nothing but healthy stuff in the kitchen.

But I am so proud of you for battling this, staying strong and always motivating to everyone else here. That is a huge accomplishment and I know you have been through so much and you are such an inspiration to us all!

Thanks! :blushing:

Work is very hard for me for sure but I have a good plan in place for work for sure. I make sure for sweets I have my own low calorie sweets. Not sure if you have tried Vita Tops, vitaliocious muffins and brownies -- but I highly recommend you try them because they are wonderful. I order online because the best flavors are not sold in the stores. I love the peanut butter and triple chocolate vita tops and they are only 100 calories and organic.

Since I am single home is not an issue either but sometimes I will go out and get something bad for me because I have made my home such a safe haven. Like Sunday night. It was pour rain! Cold!! and I wanted what I wanted and I went out and got it! :sad: I did not need it at all for sure. Sunday was not a good night at all. I ate all the little healthy stuff I could and finally went out and got the fast food that I did not need. Thank goodness that is not a norm for me because most days if I make it in the house with out picking up any fast foods I am good because I am not going back out even in good weather. That is why for the next 2 months at least if not more I am going COLD TURKEY on the fast foods.