March Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Thanks DInos for the charts...they are awesome just like you.:blushing:

March Goal 31 walking miles - 25 done = 6 miles to reach this months goal.

Great work everyone:drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    just posting 2.5 miles so far today! I would have gone further but I do'nt know if it was the shoe or the sock but it rubbed enough to where it HURT and my sock was bloody when I got back! Was wishing a band aid would materialize out of thin air!:wink:
    Used the band aid & took the furries for another 2.5 miles this afternoon cuz it is 46*, NO wind and the sunshine on my face feels wonderful. I will count my blessings!!!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Got up to 51F today so I had to get out for a walk after lunch today. Added 1.8 miles.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It was a beautiful day here too. I did 3.7 miles walking to the park and back with my lil one today.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Another 4 miles on the treadmill tonight, making today's total 10 miles.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    4.57 on treadmill tonight watching tv....updated my siggie...
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    2.33 miles yesterday. Got kick it up the rest of the month. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    anyone interested in being in a weekly weigh in challenge here is a link to the new group i'm starting for 4th of july...would love any and/or all of you to join us LOL...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/194969-red-white-and-bluiz-4th-of-july-challenge
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    Ran 5.25 miles on the treadmill yesterday (YUCK - hate the treadmill!!) and ran 5.25 miles today outside!! Yay!!

exercise.png
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Happy St Patty's Day!

For Yesterday 6.34 bike miles. Feel like I'm on the mend!
  • JBatt123
    JBatt123 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me. I've been keep track, just not on here. I ran 3.5 miles on Monday and in spin class did 17 miles. My goal is 75 miles.
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    11.16 miles recumbant bike
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    2 Miles today at lunch!! :bigsmile: it was beautiful!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Only 3.5 done today. Was so looking forward to knocking out a high number at the gym. Stupid pulled muscle. :grumble:

Maybe I'll go for an easy stroll later. :ohwell:
  • bluiz13
    Options
    3.5 miles today doing c25k plus extra intervals.....more tonight at the gym before and after spin class...
    updated siggie...
  • mandaleavelle
    Options
    I've been using the app on my phone and had no idea thatthe website offers so much more support!! I want in on this and am going for 30 miles in march since it's late in the month and it's supposed to be rainy lol... Now I just need to make a ticker!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I've been using the app on my phone and had no idea thatthe website offers so much more support!! I want in on this and am going for 30 miles in march since it's late in the month and it's supposed to be rainy lol... Now I just need to make a ticker!!

Welcome!
  • gehlerc
    Options
    5 miles on the treadmill for me today.

Today marks an anniversary, of sorts, for me. Since January 3, I have logged 300 miles walking and jogging for exercise (meaning, that doesn't include the walking I do as part of my normal routine--such as walking the dog, walking across campus to teach, etc.). I have progressed from walking 2 miles for a workout, to, today, jogging 5 miles with two 2-minute walking breaks. And, this is, really, all due to the MYA monthly challenges.

So, to all of you: THANK YOU. I appreciate all of you and don't say it very often. You inspire me by your efforts. You inspire me by being here. And a very special THANK YOU to those that create the monthly MYA topic and (DINOS) track our efforts.

Coni
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    QUOTE:

Current Mileage: 32
    Goal Mileage: 75

my half marathon went really well yesterday. Really glad I did it!

Skinnyack my congratulations on your accomplishment, but come on, is this all you have to say about running a freaking half-marathon ?? This is the non plus ultra of laconism. Could you elaborate a little? I know people who could write a whole book about it

@ Dinos- Haha- I'd like to add that since my half marathon I haven't moved at all!:laugh: So behind in miles! Ok well here are some details... It was my first half. I ran it with my fiance. It was his first anything race like (I've done 3 5Ks). When we started training the farthest he'd ever jogged consecutively was about 1 mile (most likely in high school). After some research we (me- I'm the bossy, nose in the book, one) decided on Galloway method to handle the 13 miles. I've mentioned it before but quick re-cap, Jeff galloway has this well proven method that based on how fast you can run a mile, you can also do run/walk intervals over a longer distance in about the same time it would take you to just run it straight, but due to the ability of your muscles to relax while walking, you won't "bonk/get cloudy/ freak out/ become delirious" and will incur less injury. From my experience- totally correct. We first started training with 1 mile walk/ 1 mile run intervals... but then after more research started doing 3 min run: 1 min walk intervals. If you have an interval watch it's super easy to keep track of.
    Anyways- enough about that- The actual half was great! There were two 100 ft climbs on the course- which were ridiculous, and did make my calves sore the next day. We ran toward the back of the pack with a goal of finishing within 3 hrs- we did it in 2:43 flat- despite the devil hills. This was about 13 minutes faster than our best practice run. I did start to get cranky toward the end (let my bike-racing- uncle talk me into jelly bean supplements- which tasted great! but totally spiked my sugar levels so at about mile 11 I was grouchy). I've always used low glycemic cliff bars prior-which have kept me more mellow- and more full. Note to self- DON"T EXPERIMENT ON RACE DAY! I think I will try something in the future more convenient like the beans but looks for the low glycemic type. The marathon was for the benefit of the San Diego safari park new expanded tiger habitat. We actually got to run past rhinos, and horses, elephants and flamingos, which is SUPER cool! I love that. Other than sore calves, 3 miles of grouchiness, and the desperate need for a nap (did I mention it was day light savings= extra hour early wake up?) it was great. I can't wait for my next one! I ultimately aspire to do a full marathon, and really, to be honest... my secret wish is to do an ultra. What a great way to see the world! Going to give myself a couple years to work up to that-- haha!

Since I don't have any runs planned currently I want to focus on some hiking and trail running, and also move closer to doing more barefoot work. Will keep my eyes open for my next half!

Happy St. patty's day!
  • gehlerc
    Options
    QUOTE:

Current Mileage: 32
    Goal Mileage: 75

my half marathon went really well yesterday. Really glad I did it!

Hey, Congratulations! I must have missed your original post about completing your half-marathon. Thanks for posting the additional info! Great reason to be proud of yourself!