March Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

1192021222325»

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    2.3 miles today!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    46 miles...I have 4 miles before I reach March's goal.

Have a great day/weekend!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    4.25 miles walking on the treadmill
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Another 2 miles over lunch
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member

This is really cool--and, as you probably know, adds to the mounting pile of evidence that you really are a numbers geek. :wink:

Thanks for sharing this (and for tracking all of us here)!
    [/quote]

:laugh:

10.8 miles biked this morning
    [/quote]

I like the expression 'What gets measured, gets managed'.

It applies equally to health, fitness and professional performance. It expresses the idea that if you want to gain greater control over some aspect of your business (or your body), one of the best things you can do is to monitor it systematically using some kind of relevant measuring tool. The very effort to do so makes it a higher priority and helps you improve this aspect of your business or your body independently of other efforts. In all domains of human endeavor, we typically achieve more when we quantify our goals than we do when we just go by feel.

Matt Fitzgerald
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Oops somehow I posted it twice.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member

I like the expression 'What gets measured, gets managed'.

Over the PA at the gym, there's a message that says "What gets measured gets improved", they're trying to get you to go over to a trainer and get your measurements taken.
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    12.6 miles biked today with more to come via treadmill later.

I will be putting major miles in during these next few days :drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Walked 4.5 on TM.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    6 miles walked today :happy:
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    One more mile walked on the treadmill. I have a 7 mile walk scheduled walk for tomorrow and don't want to everdo it today.
  • toots99
    We've got 6 days left to rock it out! We can do it!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i'm quite pissed that the flu has made me "waste" 4 days this month spread out over 2 different weeks....i will make my miles goal, i will make my hours goal, but i will more than likely not make my calories goal this month...with 6 days left and just under 5000 calories to burn, i'm quite disappointed...i know it is by no fault of my own, i have busted my *kitten* as much as i could and i think that may be why i am not able to stay healthy...sooooo, i'm going to do the best i can to finish my month on a good note with as many calories burned as i can and then just start all over again in april....
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    Another 3 miles
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    i'm quite pissed that the flu has made me "waste" 4 days this month spread out over 2 different weeks....i will make my miles goal, i will make my hours goal, but i will more than likely not make my calories goal this month...with 6 days left and just under 5000 calories to burn, i'm quite disappointed...i know it is by no fault of my own, i have busted my *kitten* as much as i could and i think that may be why i am not able to stay healthy...sooooo, i'm going to do the best i can to finish my month on a good note with as many calories burned as i can and then just start all over again in april....

Denise, you have been doing GREAT!!! I understand your frustration, but I hope you'll focus on all the great things you *have* accomplished this month. (You have REALLY "busted your *kitten*" this month.) Take care of yourself and I hope April will be a healthier month for you.
  • toots99

Denise, you have been doing GREAT!!! I understand your frustration, but I hope you'll focus on all the great things you *have* accomplished this month. (You have REALLY "busted your *kitten*" this month.) Take care of yourself and I hope April will be a healthier month for you.

What she said! :flowerforyou:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    5 miles walked today
  • toots99
    4.25 done...
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    8 miles on the treadmill for me today: jogged 6 miles, then walked 2.
This discussion has been closed.