Starting c25k again tomorrow!!!!

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    sorry i've been absent...tummy bug knocked me on my *kitten* yesterday....back to work today and hoping to do day one, week 2 at my lunch hour...lots to catch on being out yesterday but i'm going to make the effort...
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    So the first week was great I pushed myself and I did it...did week 2 day 1 was tough but I did it, but for some reason week 2 day 2 I couldn't finish..do I need to do week 1 again?
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D3 this morning. I'm actually excited for W3! Still trying to figure out when the best time to do the program is. Thought it was after work as then I can run without the sun on me, but one of the houses in the neighborhood had their german shephard off of the leash and it lunged and barked. I screamed like a little girl. I think both the dog and I were a little shaken up. Not running down that part of the street anymore...

When do you guys run? Its nice to get it out of the way in the morning, but I can't seem to get myself out of bed before 6 am to get it in before work. The lunch break works a little but then I feel grungy all day.

Mrsbuzz, I don't think you have to do week 1 again. W2D2 was harder than the first day for me too. Just slow your jogging down and you'll push through. Maybe do an extra day of week 2 before moving on to 3?
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Finally got to week 2 day 1. Stupid tummy bug stopped me thurs and i decided to take fri off too to really get over the bug. It felt awesome. I think I'm doing day 2 tomorrow and then day 3 on tues at lunchtime.
    I also think you should just keep going in week 2 and repeat the week you are in if necessary. Don't go back but don't move forward until you feel like you can do it well. Good luck and keep moving.
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Denise Thank you for the invite!

Hi everyone, I 'm planning on doing the Couch to 5K plan.

I tried the Cool Runnings schedule a few years back and had to stop because of knee issues, I feel stronger and am ready to tackle it again! I found a gentle plan, that might be better on my knees.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    @ FitJ1210 welcome to our thread...jump right in and let us know how you are doing....
    i did not get day 2 of wk 2 done today but i will at lunch tomorrow...
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi to all of you - I am now on week 8 of C25K and can't say enough how great it has been for me. I NEVER imagined myself a runner or being able to even run to the end of my driveway - but this morning I ran for a full 25 minutes!! Best tips I can give on this program are:
    1. Get some good podcasts and mix them up. I like the NHS one - good music and there are many. Mix them around - they are free on itunes. It really makes a difference.
    2. If you donlt feel ready to move onto the next week or day's assignment - do the one you're on over again until you feel sort of okay. Then graduate to the next week. I started this at Christmas which was about 12 weeks ago and now I am on week 8. I did weeks 4,5,6 over and over!!!!
    3. I run the course one day and then just walk it the next so that I am out there every day (or try to be).
    4. Just BELEIVE that you can do it and you will amaze yourself!

Good Luck!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    did day 2 of wk 2 today....plus extra time...3.33 miles total in 49 mins...
  • tquinn424
    tquinn424 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started over the weekend. Tonight I completed w1d2.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    welcome tquinn
  • tquinn424
    tquinn424 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    welcome tquinn

• FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Ive been sick, and dont want to start till I'm better. Hopefully by Monday!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I just got back from W2D2 and man, it was rough. My breathing is fine--it's my calves that were just SCREAMING through the entire thing. :grumble: I did it though. :bigsmile:
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i headed out with the intention of completing day 3 of week 2 at lunch but my tummy had other ideas...after a quick stop at a restroom, i did 2.84miles of mostly walking...i did run the bridge on the way back but it really was not the running workout i had planned....will try again tomorrow....
  • bluiz13
    Options
    here is a link to a 4th of july challenge i have started...all are welcome...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/194969-red-white-and-bluiz-4th-of-july-challenge?page=1#posts-2582939
  • bluiz13
    Options
    completed wk 2 day 3 today at lunch...onto wk 3 tomorrow or saturday am...wooohoooooo
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Did W2D3 today and it was awesome! Besides feeling great through the whole run, it was abnormally nice and warm out today!

Starting W3 on Saturday.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    did some running on saturday but not counting it as c25k...will start wk3 on my lunchtime walks/runs this week....hope to get day 1 and 2 done before friday...how is everyone else doing???
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D2 last Wednesday and went out to do W3D3 on Friday but didn't feel well at all. So instead, I repeated W1D1. I'm going to do W3D3 tonight and get back on track. It's chilly and kind of rainy here, but I'm going to throw on a sweatshirt and some glove and do it anyways.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    did week 3 day 1 at lunch today with 2 extra intervals added in for a total of 46 mins.....will more than likely do day 2 on wed...