Replies

• soccerlyss08
    soccerlyss08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through week 4!
  • soccerlyss08
    Options
    Anyone live in the Philadelphia area, wanna commit to a 5k in a couple months? I figure it'd really help keep me on track.

BUMP.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I are going to attempt starting the c25k program today. I hate that I'm so self conscious. I'm more worried about running in public than I actually am about the program. Ugh!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I live just north of Philly. What week are you on? Sent you a message, soccerlyss08. :)
  • soccerlyss08
    Options
    I'm on week 4, what week are you on??
  • heather7marie
    Options
    I finished W1D1 this evening. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting for it to be. My body is still pretty sore though. I'm so out of shape. I feel so much better about myself for completing it and starting the program though.
  • ejb245
    Options
    Starting Week 4 tonight. :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D2. Went pretty well, although my calves are still a little unhappy with me. Not too bad though!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D1 this evening. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting for it to be. My body is still pretty sore though. I'm so out of shape. I feel so much better about myself for completing it and starting the program though.

Congrats! I find it goes better if you give yourself at least one rest day between days on the program.
  • soccerlyss08
    Options
    Going to the gym in about a half hour for W4D2! Wish me luck!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 yesterday onto week 4 day 1 tonight! Praying about the 5 solid minutes of running but we will see!!:noway:
  • heather7marie
    Options
    Oops! I thought I quoted Atlantique. My bad! haha

Thanks! That's what I plan on doing. :smile: With the schedule I currently have, I know I'll be able to run for sure every Monday evening and Wednesday morning. Day 3 will alternate between Friday and Saturday depending on what my schedule looks like each week. :smile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    doing wk3d2 today @ lunchtime but i'm doing "extra" intervals cause i like to do a minimum of 45 mins of exercise when i go out..
    i find it "not worth it" lol to just do 30ish minutes....

so today i'm doing 90 sec running, 90 sec walking, 3 mins running, 3 min walking but instead of repeating 2 times i'm doing 4 times with a 5 minute warm up and 5 min cool down for a total of 46 mins....

i did this monday and it felt great....

happy running folks...
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    W4D1 complete!! Actually not that bad but the last five minutes I had to mentally keep telling myself that I could do this!!
  • heather7marie
    Options
    I did W1D2 today. I struggled though. I was still a bit sore from Monday's run. Has anybody else struggled through week 1? I will probably have to redo week 1 next week.
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    I did W1D2 today. I struggled though. I was still a bit sore from Monday's run. Has anybody else struggled through week 1? I will probably have to redo week 1 next week.
    My bad knee was quite sore but I took some anti-inflamatory meds and pushed through it!! You can do it and if you decided you need to redo week 1 than do so there is no rules that say you have to complete it in nine weeks!!!

I will complete W4D2 tonight!!
  • ejb245
    Options
    Finished W4D2 yesterday. Rough, but felt great to finish. The route I take outside seems to have me running uphill and walking downhill or on even ground. Going out of town tonight so will do W4D3 tomorrow on a treadmill. We'll see if there's much difference between outside running and inside in terms of time and distance.
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    W4D2 Complete still very tiring we will see sat or sun how the last day goes.
  • ejb245
    Options
    Through week 4! Didn't think I could do it, but I did and it felt great. Even on the 5 minutes straight running. Actually looking forward to running tonight. Loving this! :) In the four weeks I've done the C25K program, I've lost 6 pounds. :) Have the 5K I'm running all picked out for May 22nd.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm planning on getting wk4 day1 done later today as long as the rain holds off....just finished my lunch and gonna let the other girl in the office go to lunch first...kinda wet out and i really dont want to get caught in the rain...