Starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (in 6 weeks)

Options

Replies

• eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just saw this topic so I'm tagging along with you guys.

I did L1D10 on friday along with a 4.5 mile walk with my dog. My weekend was super busy and NOT HEALTHY AT ALL!
    I didnt feel good today but I'm starting L2 tomorrow...

Any advice?
    When I started L1 I could barely move for the first 3days because I was soooo sore! So I think I'm nervous about starting L2....
    Need some motivation.
    L2 tomorrow 7am and tennis in the afternoon!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    L1D8- DONE
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    D29 L2 Done!

GOOD JOB!!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    because of my injuries, i have not been able to do the Shred like i intended. but i'm checking in anyway:

lost 1 lb. weight keeps going up and down. very frustrating, and trying very hard not to be negative and not to go to the "dark side"....i haven't been tracking my calories like i used to since i had my accidents. i think i need to just start all over again, and get over myself. today is the first day i'm going to track ALL my calories, and i'm going to look ahead and move forward. you guys are an inspiration. i will be back to my old level of fitness in no time.
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Done! I'm happy now, I was starting to get frustrated cause my body was starting to get use to it, and I wasn't burning near as many calories, and I was going as hard as I could....still wasn't up there with Natalie on some things....Like Pushups!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    because of my injuries, i have not been able to do the Shred like i intended. but i'm checking in anyway:

lost 1 lb. weight keeps going up and down. very frustrating, and trying very hard not to be negative and not to go to the "dark side"....i haven't been tracking my calories like i used to since i had my accidents. i think i need to just start all over again, and get over myself. today is the first day i'm going to track ALL my calories, and i'm going to look ahead and move forward. you guys are an inspiration. i will be back to my old level of fitness in no time.
    Please keep at it Guen! When I hurt myself back in January, I thought I wasn't going to have the determination to get back at it. I had to do modified moves throughout the ENTIRE workout up until I finished the 30DS which was in February... which was for about 15 days or so. It's super discouraging but you gotta stick with it.

Congrats on the 1 pound lose!!! That right there is great motivation!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Done! I'm happy now, I was starting to get frustrated cause my body was starting to get use to it, and I wasn't burning near as many calories, and I was going as hard as I could....still wasn't up there with Natalie on some things....Like Pushups!
    I cannot do regular pushups! LOL I stay with Anita during those sections:wink:
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just saw this topic so I'm tagging along with you guys.

I did L1D10 on friday along with a 4.5 mile walk with my dog. My weekend was super busy and NOT HEALTHY AT ALL!
    I didnt feel good today but I'm starting L2 tomorrow...

Any advice?
    When I started L1 I could barely move for the first 3days because I was soooo sore! So I think I'm nervous about starting L2....
    Need some motivation.
    L2 tomorrow 7am and tennis in the afternoon!

My advice would be to just do it : ) I actually think L2 is my favorite level. The first day is going to be hard, but just like I'm sure you feel pretty good about L1 right now, you will get there with L2. You can do!!
  • TakeOne
    Options

Hang in there Guen : ) Maybe a fresh start is just what you need. Leave the past behind and recommit to your goal!! You can do it and we will be here to support you : )
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    L1D9- DONE
  • TakeOne
    Options
    Almondbliss ~ CONGRATULATIONS!! :bigsmile: Great dedication and hard work! Can't wait to be there soon myself!

HealthierMamasit ~ Way to go lady! You're doing great!

Well as I am nearing the end here, I keep hearing Jillian say "this were you should start seeing those abs, etc". Thus far I have not lost any weight, just stayed the same. Which was the goal, so I am happy about that. I do see a difference in my arms, back, and my stomach (although its not as much as I was hoping for). I guess it takes more than 30 workouts to get Jillian's abs?? Hahaha :laugh: :wink: Not going to stop working towards it tho. Anyone have good suggestions for similar DVDs to try? I'm trying to get my plan set now, so I don't just stop once I finish the Shred. Thanks!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    Almondbliss ~ CONGRATULATIONS!! :bigsmile: Great dedication and hard work! Can't wait to be there soon myself!

HealthierMamasit ~ Way to go lady! You're doing great!

Well as I am nearing the end here, I keep hearing Jillian say "this were you should start seeing those abs, etc". Thus far I have not lost any weight, just stayed the same. Which was the goal, so I am happy about that. I do see a difference in my arms, back, and my stomach (although its not as much as I was hoping for). I guess it takes more than 30 workouts to get Jillian's abs?? Hahaha :laugh: :wink: Not going to stop working towards it tho. Anyone have good suggestions for similar DVDs to try? I'm trying to get my plan set now, so I don't just stop once I finish the Shred. Thanks!

congrats, you guys!!!! you guys are awesome! also, i like hearing if you guys think you made some progress.

TakeOne: i heard P90x or Insanity workout program (DVDs) will make you sweat and get ripped.
  • TakeOne
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Made it through another week : )

L3D7 Done! 3 more days to go!

Guen ~ Thanks for the suggestions!

Does anyone know if you can get 90x at like Target or do you have to order it from a website? I might try out Zumba as well, because I have heard good things from folks doing that as well. I have a few more days to decide.. I'll let you all know what I end up doing.
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    30 days done ;-) managed to do it in 31 days, found level 2 the hardest, all those planks.... still can't do push ups an hate rock star jumps, lost a 3lbs but wasn't expecting much more as I'm maintaining, I did tone up, can feel the muscles now which is great, lost about 4" in total. Started Jillian Michael's Fat Boost today. x
  • TakeOne
    Options
    L3D8 Done : ) Two more days!!! Can ya tell I'm excited?? ; )

Carolinegeorgia ~ That's awesome!! Congrats!!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    30 days done ;-) managed to do it in 31 days, found level 2 the hardest, all those planks.... still can't do push ups an hate rock star jumps, lost a 3lbs but wasn't expecting much more as I'm maintaining, I did tone up, can feel the muscles now which is great, lost about 4" in total. Started Jillian Michael's Fat Boost today. x

AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    L3D8 Done : ) Two more days!!! Can ya tell I'm excited?? ; )

Carolinegeorgia ~ That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Good job!!!! That's an accomplishment!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Ugh! I feel like such a friggin bum! I should have been done a few weeks ago but the laziness has set in like no tomorrow!

Keep it up to those that are just about done and to those that are done, FANTASTIC JOB!
  • TakeOne
    Options
    Just checking in...I should also be finished by now.. I did L3D9 yesterday and could barely breathe due to allergies. Should have done my last day tonight, but I decided to get Chick-fil-A instead (??? not sure what I was thinking???). I could not workout after that : ( Prob won't happen tomorrow either...so it looks like my final day might be Sat??

Hang in there everyone and keep up the awesome work!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    i'm with you...