SWaT Walking Group

Options
The SWaT Walking Team March Walk is starting! Yay! Congratulations to everyone that walked with us last month and I hope your looking forward to March.

New members are always welcome. This is a great group if you’re looking for friends and support so if you would like to walk with us just jump right in. There is nothing special required to join, just post your goals for the month and your set. You decide your own goal(s) as we are all at different levels and all have our own schedules. Just check in whenever you would like, daily, weekly, whatever works for you. This walk will end on March 31st, but we’ll keep going as long as everyone wants.

I think some of us have decided to mix it up a little bit this month by adding in some form of strength training in addition to our walking. Some of us are going to track minutes and some by workouts. If you would like to add in some weights or other exercise just post it along with your walking goals. If you’re not up to the strength training then just post your walking goals. However you would like to do it is fine.

The SwaT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds founder) and we just liked the name so it stuck. For those of you that aren't familiar with Walk Away the Pounds they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. They are easy to do for someone who is uncoordinated (like me) or older (also like me) or that just can't handle the more strenuous workouts for whatever reason. They can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are easy to find at Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, online and lots of other sources. They can be rented from Netflix and downloaded from the Internet. One of our members has a list of her workouts that are available online too.

I’m going to try something a little different with the thread this month. I’m not going to put the month in the title so we can continue the same thread when we start on our April goals. That way the thread will stay active on everyone’s topics list and maybe make it easier to stay in touch.

I really appreciate all the dedicated members of our group. You all have kept me going these past few months. I’m hoping the spring will get me going strong again and I’m looking forward to another month with you all.

Replies

• TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandra! & Other fellow Walkers! :flowerforyou:

I'm just popping in to say hello, And I will be back tomorrow to log in.

I Just wanted to get the thread in my topics :bigsmile:

My Walking Goal for March is 110 miles / And for now 120 minutes a month for weight training. I might up the time on the weight's, When I see how much I'm willing to do in a week.

I don't have a gym to go to, so I'll be using hand weights / I will be looking for a weight bench to purchase, since I desperately need to get this flab OFF my thighs , Butt & Other places.

THANK YOu SANDY for keeping us going !!!! :heart:

March is going to be a GREAT MONTH!!!!! :drinker:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Just catching the thread. Had to run it was moving pretty fast!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

Thanks, Sandy, for setting up our thread. Although I met my February goal, I found that the past two weeks I didn't walk four days each week -- I think my goal was too low and as I closed in on it and was sure to make it for the month, I became a slacker. I'm excited to add the strength training (thanks, Alice, for the suggestion) and will up my miles to 60 for the month.

Good luck, everyone. See you throughout the month.

exercise.png
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi all,
    just wanted to mark for tomorrow
    I've been a real slacker too this last month and havent. logged for the last 2 weeks :sad: and there for didn't even come close to making my goal... sometimes life just takes over. but I'm back and not giving up.... I think I'll keep my goal at 50 miles for March,,,,
    and hopefully you'll see a lot more of me this month :happy:
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this. I would like to walk 20 miles for the month of March. I will be using Leslie Sansome videos, walking outside, or on the Tony Little Gazelle. Looking forward to this.
  • jala9656
    Options
    Where do I get the exercise tickers? I would like to put one on mine.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy for setting this up again. My goal is 50 miles for March and two 30 minute weight lifting sessions per week. We'll see how that goes.

jala- Tickers can be set up at www.tickerfactory.com Go in and choose exercise and click, choose your ticker and marker, and last page enter your password that you will remember in the code box and set your goals ( this page may appear first, not sure), and then copy and paste the Bbb?? url into your signature box on MFP. Go to message boards and click on Signature. There will be a box and you paste the Bbb url into that and save. It should appear below your posts. If you do more than one ticker, walking and minutes of lifting, etc. choose different passwords and different tickers. Confusing??
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this thread and not much of a walker so for starters my goal is 40 miles.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Good Morning all! Happy March.

March 1
    Monday~4.5 miles

Goal 80 miles
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Yay!!! Its a new month. Almost lost me there for awhile.

Thank you once again Sandy. I know you are a busy lady and we all appreciate your time and effort to keep this group going.

I got my new tickers up and running with my new goals. I also ordered my activity tracker from S2H and that should be here in a few days. So Im excited about that too! I will let you guys know how it works and if its worth getting. Im anxious to earn points for gift certif. to stores so I can get some new exercise DVDs. They still haven't come out with the walking tracker. But the Leslie Sansone DVDs have so much arm movements in them I think this one will work. In case you guys forgot or don't know what Im talking about here is the link to check it out.

http://www.s2h.com/index

Also here is a website that has been helpful for me to figure out my walking speed, distance and calories burned. Alot of other interesting info. available on there too.

http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc1.htm

WELCOME New walkers. We are happy to have you here with us!:flowerforyou:
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Where do I get the exercise tickers? I would like to put one on mine.

I found it at tickerfactory .com.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Welcome cdbjr2000! This thread is very motivating to get your miles in. Keeps you on track for exercising at least a little bit on those days you might opt out of it!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new walkers, we're glad to have you with us. :flowerforyou:

I"ve still got to get my goals set up but I did get in 2 miles at lunch today. Now I'm off to a concert at my son's school. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow if I get in too late tonight!

Happy walking!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Good Evening!
    Welcome All New Comers :flowerforyou: Its great to have you join us!

I walked 5.2 miles today , I started out early 8:30 and back by 10:30 and its getting very hot out:mad: , Im dreading the summer. I might have to do the treadmill most of the time.

Last Night I timed myself for 10 minutes to do the weights, I did it! And I couldn't do anymore. I only have hand weights so I used a 6 pounder for bicep curls & over head pushes & for triceps I used a 3 pounder. I MUST GET A weight Bench, IT Stinks doing it this way, Plus I need to work on my legs :ohwell:

Sandy .... Enjoy your concert! Wish I was going :happy: I Love things like that.

Marie .... I love your new Ticker , LOL CUTE!!!

Happy WAlking Everyone & Weight training ! :drinker:
  • jala9656
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the ticker. As you can see I got one.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Not feeling good today so I'm not exercising. I need what energy I have left in my body to work on getting better. Happy Walking!:yawn:
  • Deborah1954
    Options
    bump
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Good Morning all! Happy March.

March 1
    Monday~4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4.5 miles
    Wednesday~4 miles

Done 13 miles
    Goal 80 miles
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm here to start this month out right. Last month was a bust, but it's a new day and a new month. I'm challenging myself to do the very best that I can. So I'll be logging on this month everyday. I'm not looking for support I want to give it. No one can do this for me. So let's get up and do something positive even if its just drinking our water. Which by the way is so very healthy for us even when we are sick. Happy day everybody:flowerforyou:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Happy March, everyone!

I will be back later but for now I wanted to get this into my topics.