SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,269 Member
    Options
    Yay I met my goals for walking and weight lifting this month! Feels good! I'll set new goals later and reset my tickers...

My dr. appt. went very well today. She said I'm the best diabetic patient she has because I'm eating right, exercising, logging it all, and losing weight. She was very interested in MFP and what exercise I was doing. My average glucose went down and is within the normal range. She doesn't want to see me for six months for the the next check-up. By then I hope to have lost at least 35 pounds.

Hopefully soon the snow will be gone and I can do my walking outside! This time of year is so messy with grit, dirty snow and puddles. What's it like to live in a nice climate year round? I've always been in the northern midwest.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!
    I'm running late again tonight. I haven't even had a chance to figure out what my goals are going to be for April. I didn't do very well with the weights this past month. Maybe I can do better in April.

Kathy, I"m kind of in the same mode you are and trying to figure out what I want to do. I've really got to get myself back in losing mode and out of maintenance mode.

Ladyknuckles, congratulations on your loss and your miles.

TAT & Alice, you guys are awesome.

Luney, The punch up your walk is my favorite WATP. I think I like it because it is so different from the rest I have.
  • sandara
    Options
    The Swat Walking Group is starting up for April.

Everyone sets their own mileage goals for the month along with any other goal you would like to work on. Then check back in and share your progress when you can.

Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier!

:flowerforyou:
  • sandara
    Options
    The Swat Walking Group is starting up for April.

Everyone sets their own mileage goals for the month along with any other goal you would like to work on. Then check back in and share your progress when you can.

Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier!

:flowerforyou:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Okay I'm going to walk another 50 miles in April and increase my weight lifting/strength training to 200 minutes for the month. I may do a combo walking and jogging depending on how it goes for my knees. My strength training will include weights, resistance bands, and circuit training with cardio mixed in. I've changed my exercise goals from 5 60 minute workouts per week to 6 30 minute workouts. I think that is enough for a day but if I desire to do more I can on any given day. That way I'm active most days but not over doing it with too long of workouts. I do have Zumba twice a week this month for 50 and 45 minutes on M and W's so those nights will be an exception. I read somewhere yesterday that women lose the same amount of weight doing 30 minutes of exercise as they do if their workouts are longer. So I'll save my joints and see how this plan works for the month.

Good luck everyone and let's get started. Yay, April is here!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    I made my goal this month:bigsmile: finally. now that the weather is turning nice here, I'm more motavated to getting out and walking. as for my goal for April????? I should up the miles. I think I;ll think about it and report back tomorrow.
    good job everyone.
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mon-3miles
    Tues-7miles
    Wed-2.5miles
    Thurs-5miles (1 of these miles I jogged)
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just under the wire for March... Got home about 9pm, but decided to get in those last three walk miles needed to make my goal. It's been crazy at work the past several days culminating in my boss being let go yesterday; not sure what happens to me in all of this, so I'm trying to take things one day at a time. My boss always told us to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, so that's what's been occupying my time lately. Anyway, glad to have made the walk goal, but a tad disappointed in not making my strength training goal. I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am that tomorrow is Friday (and hard to believe another month is gone). I plan to keep my walk goal at 60 miles and my strength training at 160.

See you all throughout the month!

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Happy April! agflowers9.gif

I've decided to make a fresh start this month. I am going to track the miles I put in at work and do something different for my exercise in the mornings.

I am starting small with the 10 Minute Carb Burner video on Netflix. 3 of the workouts look doable (low-impact) for me and I plan on checking out some of the other workouts on Netflix, too. (We don't have On Demand on our Cable TV plan).
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi there fellow walkers !

Today wasn't a good day for working out. I walked the treadmill 2.5 miles 48 minutes. I jumped off after 25 minutes, just wasn't feeling good then tried it again, but didn't get far.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be much, much better.

ps. Leela on MFP came up with the idea of everyone for just one week putting there childhood picture up. SO I switched mine, this is me around 2 or 3 yrs old waiting to eat the Thanksgiving Turkey. My Mom is behind me & the man is her brother (My uncle). The other child is a cousin. :bigsmile: I Sure miss those days, God knows If I can just live life over again and know what I know now :wink:
  • sandara
    Options
    Happy Friday Everybody!

I still haven't decided on my April goals but I'm working on it. I'm kind of thinking along the same lines as Kathy. I"d like to try some new stuff but I don't want to give up on the walking. And if my past record holds up, I won't stick to the other stuff anyway. :blushing:

I think I"m going to drop my miles down to 30 and try to make time for some other things too. I'm scared if I drop it too low I'll just end up doing nothing.

I did get in 2 miles today at lunch. We didn't get all the rain they predicted earlier in the week. The weekend is looking good here so far. I'll be out tomorrow running errands and then we are having dinner with some friends. I'll have to try and not overdo it on the dinner. Maybe I'll wear some real tight pants! :laugh: That usually helps!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everybody!

I still haven't decided on my April goals but I'm working on it. I'm kind of thinking along the same lines as Kathy. I"d like to try some new stuff but I don't want to give up on the walking. And if my past record holds up, I won't stick to the other stuff anyway. :blushing:

I think I"m going to drop my miles down to 30 and try to make time for some other things too. I'm scared if I drop it too low I'll just end up doing nothing.

I did get in 2 miles today at lunch. We didn't get all the rain they predicted earlier in the week. The weekend is looking good here so far. I'll be out tomorrow running errands and then we are having dinner with some friends. I'll have to try and not overdo it on the dinner. Maybe I'll wear some real tight pants! :laugh: That usually helps!

Sandara.. It was supposed to pour raining here yesterday and today and nothing. A quick rain came through this evening But I could have gone out for my walks both days ugh!. I only walked two miles today also.
    ( You can stick to anything you set your mind to) Look how much you've accomplished.
  • sandara
    Options
    AZ, I hope everything works out okay with your job. That's got to be nerve racking for you right now.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I'll start working toward my execise goals tomorrow. Work wasn't good today, very stressful meeting with administration and we all went out for happy hour afterwards. Very tired, drank two beers, and ate appetizers for dinner. I'm cranky and will feel better tomorrow after a good night's sleep.:grumble:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~79/5M
    25/W/ISO
    Tuesday~56/3.5M 1BL 2LS
    Wednesday~2.5M 10/W
    29/201
    Thursday~4.5M
    Friday~4M 25/W 17M squats,lunges

Walk, Walk,Walk!
  • sandara
    Options
    Our dinner with friends got postponed until next week so I had time for a workout. I decided to try something new today. I did the Billy Blanks Bootcamp beginner workout that I bought at a flea market a few weeks ago. It was pretty rough compared to what I"m used to doing but it was kinda fun. Maybe I am just getting a bit bored and need to mix it up a bit. So I'm going to make this my month to experiment with new things. There's lots of stuff on the "on demand" exercise channels and I have a few more dvd's I've picked up here and there.

And I finally got lucky and found my step-bench at a thrift store for $3.00. YaY!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I've changed my plan too. I will continue to log miles walked, goal 50 for April, but plan to log minutes of other workouts to include weights, Zumba, aerobic dance, yoga, etc. That way I'll log the workouts I do from ON DEMAND and the two Zumba classes I"m taking. Lots of cleaning today so walked one mile outside this evening with hubbie.
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    Hello!

I've been out all day. I did my 2 hour walk 6 miles this morning Then my Mom and I went to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch & Gambled a little Had Great Time :drinker: Then after stopping off at home I had to run back out and clean an office. Just made it back to stuff dinner in my mouth. Nice Long day :happy:

Good Night!!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~79/5M
    25/W/ISO
    Tuesday~56/3.5M 1BL 2LS
    Wednesday~2.5M 10/W
    29/201
    Thursday~4.5M
    Friday~4M 25/W 17M squats,lunges
    Saturday~ 20/W 1.5M

Walk, Walk,Walk!
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Started April in a healthy way....a 3 mile boot camp with Leslie. I'm sore now. For some reason, that workout really pushes me! I can only do it once, maybe twice in a week. It's a total muscle workout.

I'm ready for springtime weather and all the outdoor exercise that goes along with it, long walks and bike rides. Have a wonderful day!