AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~79/5M
    25/W/ISO

She's baaaack!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    I had Zumba tonight and it took all I had to move to the dance steps. I'm tired and my knees are sore. Two not so good eating days due to my son's birthday celebrations. Back on track tomorrow... I'll walk my last two miles tomorrow eve to meet my March goal and then weight lift my last 30 minutes between tomorrow and Thursday eve. I'll make my weight lifting second goal of 180 minutes...

Hopefully next week will be conducive to outside walking and biking again...

Have a nice night! Leo is back to his normal self! What a dog!
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    JRBanta---Great job! You're really inspiring me to stay on the exercise path. Just don't overdo it. I wish I could do better with my Wii Zumba but I guess it's gonna take more time.

Did 5 miles with Leslie again today. I think I'll mix it up and do the Boot Camp tomorrow...but it's my EARLY start day so we'll see what happens. It's tough to get started at 4:15am!!! Think of me and send me some inspirational thoughts. It might help. Thanks in advance.

Patti
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back Alice!

Luney, I wish I could get up early and walk. I'm just not a morning person these days.

Jenny, Is the Zumba hard to keep up with the steps? I've always wanted to try it but can't find classes that work with my schedule. It looks like a lot of fun but I'm so uncoordinated I don't know if I could do it. Once several years ago, a girl I used to work with talked me into some kind of dance type class and I still tell her she was trying to kill me.

We got a break from the weather today so I got my 2 1/2 mile walk in the park today.
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi There Everyone!!

Sandara ... To Funny, About 3 years ago I was taking dancing lessons and I also took a few classes of NIA which Is some group cordination thing. And I could Not keep up at all, I was so uncordinated that when the class was facing backward toward me and I was facing forward looking at them feeling foolish. It was really terrible for me, I went 4 times and that was enough of feeling embarrassed :blushing:
    I wish I could do zumba, I like to watch it, BUT I'm always two steps behind.. So I have to sit out :ohwell:

Gotta run have a phone call
    I got 30 minutes of weight lifting and 3.5 miles of walk in today
    BYE!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Sandy-Zumba is pretty intense and moves fast. The instructor shows steps that are more intense and then gives an alternative for those people that need lower impact. The songs alternate between high intensity and low for interval workout. I don't always keep up and sometimes I don't even get the step close to what she is doing but I just keep moving. And just like TA said sometimes I'm facing the wrong direction than others in the class. It's fun though and I just laugh at myself. I feel the benefits on my body. My endurance is better, I'm keeping a better pace in class, I can move better (more limber) and I feel energized when class is over. It is a fun way to workout but it is intense, you work at your own pace.

TA-you are going to town on your weight lifting! How do you feel?

Jenny
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Monday~79/5M
    25/W/ISO
    Tuesday~56/3.5M 1BL 2LS
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi everyone..
    I'm back from a wonderful trip. I tried to keep walking while I was gone, but with all the eating out., the scale was up, not down when i got home again. :grumble: But I'm back on schadule and going to meet my goal this month. Its great to see everyone doing so well.
    BTW I did 5 miles on the treadmill while watching Biggest looser tonight... I love that show It helps keep me motavated.
    2 more days left. keep moving :drinker:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Another rainy day here today. Seems like March comes in like a lion AND goes out like one, too! No lambs here! LOL!

Anyway, I won't make my goal again. I think that for next month I am just going to count ALL the walking I do and see how many miles I put in instead of shooting for an actual number.

Have a good day, everyone!
  • TATennis
    Options
    Hello Walkers!!!

Jenny ...... I can definitely feel it, the muscles tighten after the workout and the day after, But I don't SEE any results. I'm hoping to see something in a month or two. But I feel it, But thats not good enough :wink:

I dread doing the weights, But since the weight set is in the same room as my computer and treadmill, It's right there so when I'm bored I get a littler extra lifting in. But I try and give it a day rest in between
    I'm doing 30 minutes Sunday , Tuesday & Thursday's
    So this Thursday I should be passing my weight lifting goal And I already passed my walking goal today! YEAH!!!

I walked 5.4 miles today 1 Hour 53 minutes. Thank Goodness No treadmill today, I got myself out of the house. I can only last 1 hour on the treadmill, It is soooo boring I'm forcing myself to make that one hour. ugh!!!

Okay time for lunch, And then out shopping

OH! By the way .. The profile picture change is because someone on MFP suggested all of us put our childhood picture up for 1 or 2 weeks ... So thats why the change :blushing:

Everyone Have A GREAT Wednesday!!!!!
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey - know I have been MIA but trust me I have been working out. I lost 1.2lbs last week.
    Mon-3miles
    Tues-7miles

I am taking it one day at a time. I won't put the persons name out there but thanks for sending. Me a message to see if I was ok. That's what you call support. Take care everyone
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie's "Punch Up Walk" today. That was the first time for me. Very interesting. There's a bit of footwork in there and I'm pleased to report that I didn't trip myself up once! It was definitely a win/win. Have a great day everyone!
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey - know I have been MIA but trust me I have been working out. I lost 1.2lbs last week.
    Mon-3miles
    Tues-7miles
    Wed-2.5miles
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm taking a day off of exercise to continue my knee recovery. I will finish my weight lifting minutes Thurs. 3/31 and meet my goal!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Monday~79/5M
    25/W/ISO
    Tuesday~56/3.5M 1BL 2LS
    Wednesday~2.5M 10/W
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Oops! I forgot to post my miles yesterday. I did 2 miles of the WATP for Abs. Yucky weather here until the weekend.

Last day of the month. I can't believe April is here already. Don't forget we're just going to keep going with this thread so if your in for April just post your goals whenever your ready. :bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    LadyKnuckles--Good job! You are doing MUCH better than I am!

I just cannot get motivated! I want to walk outside! I don't like the dark mornings! The wind and rain is getting depressing! (Have I whined enough yet?)

Okay, hopefully that is out of my system! New day and a new month tomorrow. I need new motivation to go with the new month. I am going to just track miles done and try some other workouts for a while--maybe I'm just bored.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Monday~79/5M
    25/W/ISO
    Tuesday~56/3.5M 1BL 2LS
    Wednesday~2.5M 10/W
    29/201
    Thursday~4.5M

Walk, Walk,Walk!
  • TATennis
    Options
    Hey! Good Morning Walkers!!!!

I'm so excited I made my weight lifting goal and passed it, YEAH!!! Now I have to start all over again for April :laugh:

It's getting very hot over here in Florida 83 degrees right now, should get to 90 quickly & storms come soon after so I decided to do the treadmill this morning 3 miles. I actually got some running in too, OFF and ON a couple of times. It feels Great!

And today is the first time I really feel the weight lifting kicking in. I should up my weights for chest press and I already upped it for my legs today.

Okay I need to start my plan for the month of April, I'll be back later with my new goals.
    early lunch and off to work to burn more calories --- cleaning ugh :wink:

Everyone Have A Fantastic DAY!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TATennis
    Options
    Hi Friends! :flowerforyou:

It's a new month, Happy APRIL to everyone !!!!!!

My New challenges for this month is Walking 110 miles ( SAME as last month) And weight lifting goal is 360 minutes

My tickers are up dated :wink:

Lets Do it!!!!! :bigsmile: