WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH

Options

Replies

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Thanks to this site and Lynn I did the treadmill for 30 min this morn. I got up and planned to do it but was very hungry and did not think I could so I ate my oatmeal. while eating I logged on and started reading. there was Lynn hoping I enjoyed my treadmill so when I finsihed eating I got on and did 30 min. Have to go to chick fil a with girls for them to play before hair appt. so will catch up later. Have a good day.
    Vicki M
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Hi,

Robin--do what you have to and it was good to know you are okay:smile:
    Kathy- so good to see your posts:flowerforyou:
    Vicki-:flowerforyou: I am glad that motivated you.:smile: This site helps me too.:flowerforyou: Enjoy your trip to Chick fillet. I like their side salads.
    Faye-hope you are still enjoying your new babe:wink:
    Debi-hope you have a good day too.:flowerforyou:
    Lynda-I am glad to know your name:smile: That was some interesting info on the belly fat.
    Sceck-Just keep coming back.:flowerforyou: Good luck!
    So many start out on here, since I have, and then you don't hear from them. I have lost out on some of them. If you don't post some then there are so many, that one gets lost in the shuffle. I have posted several times I never mean to leave anyone out. You have to be consistant in here and just put yourself in here. I have been sort of like a squeaky wheel...you can't ignore that.:laugh:

It's a gloomy day here with 40 degrees as a temp. Snow flurries predicted tonight and the 54-59 the next two days. I have March Lillies(daffodils) and forsythias blooming.

So I decided to post another joke....:wink:

Three mischievous old Grandmas were sitting on a bench outside a nursing home

when an old Grandpa walked by.

And one of the old Grandmas yelled out saying, 'We bet we can tell exactly how old you are.'

The old man said, 'There is no way you can guess it, you old fools.'

One of the old Grandmas said, 'Sure we can! Just drop your pants and under shorts and we can tell your exact age.'

Embarrassed just a little, but anxious to prove they couldn't do it, he dropped his drawers.

The Grandmas asked him to first turn around a couple of times and to jump up and down several times.

Then they all piped up and said, 'You're 87 years old!'

Standing with his pants down around his ankles, the old gent asked,' How in the world did you guess?'

Slapping their knees and grinning from ear to ear, the three old ladies happily yelled in unison - - 'We were at your birthday party yesterday!

Have a good day ALL!:flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Been working on taxes. so decided to take a break and catch up on the thread while sipping a berry smoothie. I add half a scoop of whey protein powder to bump the nutrition. I haven't gotten back into a daily exercise routine since having the stomach flu. Reading what all you ladies are doing makes me want to though.
  • maxymom
    maxymom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ladies,
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm going to need it. The program allows so few calories, wonder if starvation will ensue? Actually, could probably live off my fat for quite a while. Like one poster, I have belly fat... but also arm fat, thigh fat ... you get the picture. I'm lucky that my husband has started MFP as well, so not dieting alone... but he gets 600 more calories, so while I'm saying "oh no, I'm over my limit", he makes his goal or has calories left over.:ohwell:
    Some of you have really bad weather, it sounds like. Hope you get sunny skies today or at least for the weekend.Our weather is nice and sunny. No weather worries till hurricane season. Need to take advantage of it and start walking. For level of exercise I had to put inert. Hard to get started, but better do it.... tomorrow? I wish you all good health.:flowerforyou: Maxy
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am still dragging after the sinus infection and stomach flu from last weekend. Tomorrow my husband and I are flying to see my oldest godchild. We booked this trip and have non refundable tickets. ....so we are going! I will love seeing my godchild and getting to spend the weekend with her. I am not excited about flying after getting over what I just had. I am still on an antibiotic and I will do Airborne all weekend. I need to get back to the gym.....still have no energy.

Have a great weekend all.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon:

So much to read and so little time. I am at work right now trying to catch up on the
    posts and threads.

MARY: I hope you mom picks up soon (sends prayers)

I actually lost some weight today, had to weigh in for St. Pat's Challenge and finally got down to
    where I was before my daughter's wedding. Major plateau for months. Now I have to keep
    going. :tongue:

LDSPILL: Liked your post about gaining muscle, that is exactly what I am trying to do with strength training. ( You are never too
    old )is my motto on my profile. :happy:
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've been preoccupied for a bit...down to the bay area to visit my folks and celebrate my dad's 89th. I'm still bouncing around within a 5-pound range (give or take a couple). I'm looking at this as learning to maintain. :ohwell: I'd like to lose another 35 lbs or so to get into a healthy BMI range. I'll get there!

There's so much going on, there's no way I'll catch up with all of you!

Faye, congrats on a beautiful new grandson. Grandkids are so much fun. You get to enjoy them when they're with you then, the good thing is, someone else stays up all night with them when they've got a stomach bug.

Mary, I was sorry to see your mom's been ill and glad to see she's on the mend. I hope she stays that course. You and she have my best wishes and prayers.

Amanda, I'm a terrible patient too - always write out a new will and long letter to my kids before a surgery. So silly I know but I relate to the nerves you're feeling. Nothing can take away from the good job you've done this last year. If you gain a few pounds, you know how to get back on track. You are truly amazing and I appreciate the good example you've set. Hugs to you.

Jeannie, I'm so glad to hear your son is doing well. Wonderful.

My new pic is of Izzy with 11-1/2 year old DGS Jacob. Izzy is a sweetie and has added immensely to my life. She started out sleeping in her crate (which was a good thing for potty training). Guess where she's sleeping now...at the foot of my bed of course! The good thing about a pet is that they keep you warm and never argue! Tonight's our first obedience class.

DGS Jacob is a sweetie too, lest you think I've gone totally to the dogs!

I've missed you all. Good to be back.
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy March! I as so glad that I found you. =) Thank you, Barbara for posting. March has been busy with renovations and taxes. I need to put time in to my food plan and job hunt. As for the food plan, it starts today officially because I am back on this thread!! I wanted to celebrate Fat Tuesday with a meatball and spaghetti meal but family scheduling didn't allow a special dinner. Celebrating Fat Tuesday tonight with the meatball dinner plus fit it into my calorie counter. MFP foods reflected a 4oz generic homemade meatball was 400 calendars. Literally stopped my tracking to go downstairs to the kitchen to weigh my meatball which is 2 oz which made me much happier - 2 meatballs for the cost of the generic 1. Rainy, dreary, and cold in Brooklyn but spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight...Somehow, I can't stop celebrating through food! LOL
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks to those who gave weekend success tips. It helps to be able to run things by you all and try different things. We've all 'been there, done that' so many times, we ought to have some good ideas for each other. I've been woking at the P.O. this week (Postmater Relief) so haven't been on MFP since Saturday. Glad to read of losses (VickiM :drinker: ). It is so good to see spirng around the corner. It will be nice to get outside again and bike ride, walk and just sit in the sun!:flowerforyou:
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am sorry Barbie, I referred to you as Barbara. Keep up that exercise agenda!:drinker:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    :smile: Hi again,

There is a Lady on another forum who was talking about going to see the Beatles when she was youngER. :smile:

That brings back memories for the most of us. Those guys changed the music scene in America, back in the day.

So, I thought this song probably would "speak" to all of us. I know this is what I am thinking about...and it's been a long cold winter for most of us.

Something you should know about Here Comes The Sun Lyrics

Title: The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun lyrics

Artist: The Beatles Lyrics

Visitors: 450133 visitors have hited Here Comes The Sun Lyrics since June 03, 2010.
    Download & Listen to
    "Here Comes The Sun" for Free
    Listen to The Beatles songs for free!

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
    Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right
    It's all right

You can listen to these guys on Youtube.com....When I start thinking about oldies ...I go to Youtube...

HAve a good evening.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • zuback55
    zuback55 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello All,
    I thought I was on the right track and finally had lost a couple of pounds....until....Shrove Tuesday, my husband and I decided we were going to have Pancakes, eggs and ham with the margarine & syrup for supper...Boy, I didn't realize how many calories were in that meal...plus had a couple oatmeal raisin cookies and some icecream for dessert.....then on Wednesday.....we had BLT sandwich with super wedges with Ranch dressing.....OMG!!! I could kick myself.....and would if I could kick myself in the butt...:cry: Oh well :ohwell: at least I am confessing :blushing: what I did and will just have to get back on the horse....I really need to get out and get some walking in to wear some of this off. Our weather is getting a bit nicer and is melting today. I have been sitting on my behind and been on the computer trying to unclutter and have had no excercise to speak of other than house cleaning and vacuuming....think I will start dancing around the house. I do abdominal leg lifts every morning before I get up and do 20 raises on each leg and hold each for a count of 10....that was so I will be stronger when I can get out and walk.....Well, here is to the next week and I will try my best to stay under my daily calories or will have to go walk in the cold...Wish me Luck!!!!! Talk to you all soon with Good News!!!!!..............Hope everyone has a really GREAT DAY:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • maxymom
    maxymom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sveltewisher,
    My college student daughter is visiting NYC for the first time this weekend. She and a friend who now goes to school in Hyde Park are staying for 2 days, seeing the sights,going to a matinee Broadway show, etc. Both are small town Texas girls, and I am officially doing some Mom worrying here. Should i be?
    By the way impressed with your goal! I'm new here and all you ladies inspire me with your tenacity.
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Options
    Hello ladies, better weather than expected, we did get rain but it stopped just after three or so. We are supposed to get more, I hope it remains warm, no black ice for me. We have somewhere of 3-4 feet of snow here. I shoveled some of the wet stuff back away from the house so the rain and thaw waters have a place to run off. My dog enjoyed being out for more than a few minutes before she got to cold. I did some shopping today, however my back and legs seem to have a time limit of three hours, they become sore after that. I did my exercises today, just once> a set of two and ten reps for each one, thought maybe I was trying too hard. Hope I do get stronger, I can't imagine how I was on my feet 14 hours before, without pain.

It is after seven and I have to work tomorrow, so I shall say good night, sleep well,

Marilyn
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Warning: unpleasant topic

When I woke up this a.m. my pj's were wet in the back. All's I could think of was "oh, no, did I get my period". Since I haven't had one since last Dec. that concerned me. However, when I went to the bathroom I completely expected to see the water red from blood. But it was brown! hmmm.... then I started thinking that it had something to do with the beans. Well, it was diahrhea. My stomach felt so "yukky", but I still went to the crochet class. I THINK I sort-of get it, sort-of. Anyway, when I got home Vince and I went to the Humane Society. The one cat was there. This lady came in saying "I'm here for THAT (pointing to the one we got) cat". She was told "he's already been adopted, as a matter of fact, by that man (pointing to Vince). So we adopted the one cat and even tho it still had the e-collar on, we took it home. We preadopted the other cat. They did seem to get along with each other. Right now I'm typing this from my laptop in the back bedroom where we're keeping the new cat. When we first brought it home, it went into the nightstand, right now it's under a dresser. I know it just has to get accustomed to our home. We decided to rename them Bonnie & Clyde (one is a girl, the other male)

I felt so yukky this morning that I only did 45 minutes of Tammy Lee Webbs' I Want That Body DVD. Tomorrow, yoga and then water aerobics. I'm feeling better now, still not quite right tho. I think I just need to go slower on the beans. On the whole, I'm a pretty healthy person so it's just weird for me to feel so out-of-sorts. Feeling so yukky was probably why I caved in and had those 3 musketters truffle bars. They are so good, yet this one store had them marked down 50% -- said they didn't sell. Well, I bought them all.

barbie - you said Dr. Oz talked about the HCG diet. There is this one commercial here that, to me, I get the impression that according to the commercial he endorses the HCG diet, but only from this one company. Is that right?

While I was at the crochet class, this one lady was working on this blanket. It was really really pretty, it didn't look real hard. If she's there next week, I'll look at the pattern and then ask her if I could copy it.

Lynn - I don't know if the ginger tea worked for the bloated stomach or not. I had always heard that ginger is good for an upset stomach. As a matter of fact, when a friend of mine was going thru chemo, she said that the only thing that took the nauseau away was crystallized ginger.

Maxy - if you were only over by 155 calories, that really isn't very much at all to be over. I wouldn't worry.

Viv - good for you going running! It means so much more especially when you really don't want to do it.

Lynn - thanks for the words to "here comes the sun" That is my all-time favorite Beat'es song, so I really enjoyed that post of yours.

Have a great evening everyone!

Michele
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    wow...... where is everybody? I don't think it has been this quiet in a long time. 12 hours between posts is a long time.

I finally feel gross. I am totally disgusted with myself. This is a good thing. I wanted to get to this point so that I could stubborn my way back into doing all the right things and getting rid of all this weight again. I am really getting my self psyched up to do this so I guess my "take it easy plan worked" I ate some greasy food yesterday and didn't enjoy it at all (I used to love it) I am starting to miss exersizing (good thing to miss) so I think with some good mental preperation, a full weeks menu planning and a written workout schedule I will get back to the old me starting this Monday.

I hope you are all well and happy.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Please pray for the people of Japan, and all those in the path of the tsunami.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

You can listen to these guys on Youtube.com....When I start thinking about oldies ...I go to Youtube...

I go there, too, for the oldies. I LOVE folk music and found lots of clips of Pete Seeger, Tom Paxton, Phil Ochs, etc., etc. there.

We had some bad wind here yesterday. Now I need to go to work and see what was blown over! (Every year I have to tell them the same thing--if the trees blow over leave them. If they get picked up they just get blown over again and are more likely to be broken. We're not supposed to pick them up until the wind stops!)

My indication that Spring is arriving is how many deliveries we get at work--we got a BIG one yesterday and are getting 3 more today--Spring must be just around the corner!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yea, Robin! You've reached a turning point! You go girl! :happy:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am lurking mostly now but still around.

Robin - Yea for you! A plan to start is an important step.

Kathy - I love Tom Paxton! I have been fortunate enough to see him in person several times over the last few years, and have talked with him a little after a performance. He autographed a cd for my grandson, and now when Jacob hears his songs, he says "That's my friend, Tom Paxton."

Everyone have a great weekend! I am headed to Wichita to see Mom tomorrow, so will know more about how she is really doing. This long distance by phone stuff stinks.