Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. We like it. Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

I am stuggling right now but I am sure with my fellow lushes support I will get things under control.

Welcome to all the new lushes to the thread. we are all here to support.

If you want to see what we are all about here's last month thread.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165945-like-minded-lushes-februay-2011

Replies

• smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have given up beer and try to limit hard alcohol. But after a long day, which is many, I enjoy unwinding.
  • KCBollard
    KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Weekends are the hardest since we tend to go a little crazy then, but I do allow myself some drinks during the week - i.e dry red wine, super light beer i.e. MGD 64 (even though i love micros), and skinny drink recipes:

Skinny Margarita (and I am VERY picky about my margaritas)
    69 calories

1 oz Patron
    Crystal Light Lemonade Mix (made with powder)
    Diet 7up/Sprite
    Lime Juice
    Ice

-and-

Grape Goodness
    69 calories

1 oz Three Olives Grape
    Diet 7up/Sprite
    Ice

CHEERS!!!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    This is a really interesting support group. I was just thinking about having an alcoholic beverage last night to help me wind down, but I know that calories in alcohol can be worse on your weight than snacking at night. So I sipped my tea and pretended it was more interesting than what it was, had a little bit of snack, and thought about the great result I will have in the morning. It worked! I lost a pound that I had regained from the weekend.

However, the occasional eating out on the weekend comes with a cocktail for me. I can never seem to let that go.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    So happy the Lushes thread lives on. I'm like a proud parent. Or in this case, a deadbeat dad! :wink:
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm right here with you! Am trying not to drink during the week, which is easier somehow than trying to have a single glass of anything. Appreciate the "skinny" drink recipes!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday fellow lushies.........

Good so far, no drinks on Monday lol! I don't plan on having a drink until Friday.......this has really gotten easier. I didn't say it's "fun" just easier. lol

Husband had a hockey tournament last weeekend and I am proud to say I didn't make an *kitten* out of myself!!!!! I had some beers on Friday night (after the game, I was sober at the rink) and had a couple beers at the rink on Saturday, but I wasn't the drunk *kitten* that I usually am, making friends with *everyone*. I felt great Sunday morning, and felt a bit sorry for all the people running around drinking red beers to cure their hangover.

Don't get me wrong, I do like to drink - I don't want to give that up (AT ALL) it's just now I'm a bit more picky - if I'm going to drink a crap load of calories, I'm going to be choosy about who I drink with.........
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Well, Happy March everyone! We've got Mardi Gras and St. Paddy's this month, sooooooooooooo, good luck to US!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Too many vodkas last night.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Too many vodkas last night.

I know the feeling. Well, my good intentions of being alcohol free until Wednesday went out the window yesterday:frown:

Monday, 4 glasses of wine at happy hour, 3 margaritas at mexican restaurant

Total: 7
    Goal: <12

Got up at 5:30 to take my son for an endoscopy (tube down throat)...yes, hungover RN/mom at the surgery center...then, turns out the appt time was for 10:45 vs the 7:00 that hubs forgot about...ya, I think I am going for a nap...oh, test went well, they think all the reflux is related to allergies
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Don't get me wrong, I do like to drink - I don't want to give that up (AT ALL) it's just now I'm a bit more picky - if I'm going to drink a crap load of calories, I'm going to be choosy about who I drink with.........

Sometimes drinking kills the pain of being with certain people:tongue:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Lately I've been trying to not drink too much during the week and to at least pre-earn booze calories.

But really I think maybe I need to decide how much I am going to drink or not-drink BEFORE I leave my apt, not after one drink :blushing: :embarassed:

Edited to Add: Also, for me the boozing tends to lead to mass consumption of fried potato, plantain and/or cassava items. Would be better to cut down on the drinking overall, I think.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just "bumping" in so I don't lose ya'll! I did good and only had one beer over the weekend, but man I needed more!
  • Eileen52
    Eileen52 Posts: 9
    Options
    This is the best post I have seen, I now know I am not alone lol lol xx I have just passed my driving test today and I am celebrating with a bottle of Fizz, my plan is then to drive and not drink!! xx
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    So cool to find a thread that makes me feel at home. I enjoy my diet/bacardi and make sure to leave room for it in my calorie plan. I'm new here, so I'm not sure if there is something specific I need to do to join here, or if the feed will just show up. Anyone wanting to add me as a friend and maybe help me learn my way around, I'd love that.
  • dwallace27
    Options
    This is really my biggest downfall with my diet. I have a stressful job and many nights me and the hubby enjoy having a few while we cook. I have really cut it down to 2 or 3 glasses of wine when do drink (which is about 3 nights per week). Its hard though. I know it sounds aweful but I just try to go to bed without eating so I won't add any extra calories on top of that! I feel y'alls pain!!!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The best thing that happened to me last week was a god awful hangover. Since I have not wanted to look at alcohol, not even my red wine. Lets see how long it will last. I doubt much longer.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This is really my biggest downfall with my diet. I have a stressful job and many nights me and the hubby enjoy having a few while we cook. I have really cut it down to 2 or 3 glasses of wine when do drink (which is about 3 nights per week). Its hard though. I know it sounds aweful but I just try to go to bed without eating so I won't add any extra calories on top of that! I feel y'alls pain!!!

This is too funny. I can't count the times I skip dinner and just drink my calories in wine.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yay to a new month fellow lushes. :flowerforyou:

Monday - 2 bottles of wine
    Tuesday - 0 but I indulged in that big mac meal ugh.
    Wednesday - 0.

Bit scared of weigh in tomorrow, please do not move up scale. :sad:

I'm starting C25K today to start pushing myself in my workouts.....see how that goes. :grumble:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Oh Faith, you know you loved every bite of the Mac. :laugh:

Okay, this might be TMI (so if people talking about their lady bits and whatnot skeeves you out...skip this.)

Warning...

Here I go.

Seriously this time...
    I got a Mirena IUD after baby girl was born in 08...so I got it in 09--so I've had it for just about 2 years. My TOM is super-irregular with it, which is really common. I'll maybe spot for a day and that's about it. I do, however, get the worst PMS cravings throughout the month. I'm in the midst of them right now, so all I want is greasy burgers and salty fries. *And* I'm STARVING regardless of how much "good" stuff I cram in my mouth or how much water I drink. I think that's why I drank last night...it kept me from eating a bowl of queso with chips...wait, I did that too. :embarassed:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Oh Faith, you know you loved every bite of the Mac. :laugh:

Paying for it this morning (due to my IBS) is a REALLY good deterrent from having another one anytime soon though. :sick:

TOM is such a beautiful, wonderful feeling isn't it? :ohwell: My cravings aren't so bad but it wreaks havoc on wanting to exercise as you overall just feel like absolute s**t.

Is there any low fat type salty snacks you can try. I love those vegie chips but I found their cals are just as bad as most regular chips. It is really hard to find substitutes for snacks and 'junk' food isn't it? Home made burgers are really low in cals compared to take away. Mmmmm burgers....oh wait...what was I saying earlier? :grumble: