Options

Replies

• dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 1 pint of Guiness - 1 pint Black & Tan (Guiness used)

I'm prelogging my Guiness from happy hour for St Patricks Day! Actually not bad! 1 pint Guiness Stout is 210 calories and 1 12oz of Guiness Draught is 126!

If you’re enough lucky to be Irish...
    You’re lucky enough!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips....
    crazycat-good for you not eating all your calories in a day, I just had lunch about 1 1/2hrs ago and I'm starving, haha!!
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Love this thread!! I am a boozer and proud of it. :drinker:

My weaknesses: wine with a nice dinner or on a date night with my hubby, beer with anything grilled (like burgers, bratwurst, etc.), and drinks with friends when we go out. I just can't turn down good booze with great food and great company!

I try very hard to fit booze calories into my daily goal--if I know I'm going to be drinking, I figure out how much I can eat or how much extra I'll have to burn to fit it in my goal. It doesn't always work out for me--there have been several times where alcohol has sabotaged my daily calorie intake by a hundred or few--but I am getting better at figuring out what I need to do to make it work.

Check out my diary from last night--almost 1800 calories at dinner--five courses with booze to go with each one! I worked so hard to make that fit into my goal for the day. :blushing:

You guys rock! I am glad to find a group on this site of guys and gals who like to drink! I have read so many posts about how you should just cut out all alcoholic beverages because they are empty calories. Well, booze may not provide much good nutritional value, but the mental and emotional value for me are well worth it. :tongue:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Well, booze may not provide much good nutritional value, but the mental and emotional value for me are well worth it. :tongue:

Yes! ^That^ is my mindset completely!! Welcome!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean Kblue! I eat raw carrots or cauliflower for snacks if I start getting the munchies. Here's one of my typical "low" cal day. If I'm "good" like this for 3 days, I can indulge a few more beers. :happy: Seems like it works IF I stick to it. LOL Some days it's all the daily calories, THEN topped off with beer calories....not so good to do more than 1 or 2 days for me! :sad:

Breakfast
    Quaker Oats - mix w/water, cinnamon Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 1/4 cup 75
    Large Grade A - Egg, fry no stick skillet 1 egg 70
    Natures Own Whitewheat Bread - Sandwich Bread, toasted 1 slices 60
    Put egg on toast
    Lunch
    Publix - Fresh Frozen Grouper, 3 oz 100
    Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 1 medium 3
    Radishes - Raw, 5 medium (3/4" to 1" dia) 4
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 medium (2-1/2" dia) 23
    Generic - Fresh Basil Leaves, 1 Tbl. chopped 1
    Pompeian - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 0.25 tbsp 30
    Pace - Medium Picante Sauce, 1 tbsp (30mL) 5 Quick sautee of veggies, broil fish
    Dinner
    Corn bread, homemade 1/4 7" pan, 0.5 serving 111
    Great Value - Unsalted Butter, 1 tbsp
    Great Northern Beans, canned 2/3 can container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 254
    Onions - Raw, 3 tbsp chopped 13

Totals 877
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Sounds like me today! :) Had Low sugar oatmeal & coffee for brkfast... and thats it!! Ready to drink my calories up come 5 o'clock!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Well, booze may not provide much good nutritional value, but the mental and emotional value for me are well worth it. :tongue:

Yes! ^That^ is my mindset completely!! Welcome!

Just depends on the booze haha. As we know, red wine has lots of antioxidants, pair it with dark chocolate and you've got an antioxodant powerhouse =] Not that you should justify this way all the time but I don't feel badly about my wine or beer consumption.

Beer has a little bit of protein. Yes the rule of thumb from doctors is one drink a day is good for you, few or more not so much. But hey, if we work hard during our work outs and eat well, I say why not indulge in some liquid calories. Wine and beer is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

I just logged my exercise for the day and have about 1500 cals left. It'll put me at a total of 2,095 for the day with a net of 1250. I'm sure plenty of those cals will come from wine tonight, as I am Irish, I enjoy St. Patty's and why not kick back, relax with my pups and have a few glasses while the boyfriend is stuck at work haha.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yayyy Robin!

Congrats Kim on your anniversary.

Good luck Amy with the crazy *kitten* kids.

Welcome to the newbies. :flowerforyou:

I am having a super crazy week. I'm finding it really hard to stick to cals cause I have no time to food shop. I'm finding it hard to exercise as I am exhausted. It is going to be a crazy busy next few days, so hopefully next week I can get back on track. :sad: I don't have time to drink till tomorrow night - maybe....:grumble:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me today! :) Had Low sugar oatmeal & coffee for brkfast... and thats it!! Ready to drink my calories up come 5 o'clock!

Elizabeth...lol sometimes I have only the toast and egg!!! Oh beautiful afternoon, having drinks and in the hot tub!!! :happy: :drinker:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,522 Member
    Options
    Mwaaaahhhhh!

Men in KILTS!!!!!

OK so normally i'd never go out on St. Paddy's day, too many amateurs, too many rowdy adolescents... but....

MEN IN KILTS!!!!!

My favorite brew pub :drinker: was a stop on one of our local piper clubs annual fundraising tour..... who was I to say no?:noway:

2 pints and a bowl of Irish stew later, I've gone over cals and about to go further, haven't had this much to drink on a weeknight in forever and . . . it feels G O O D!!!!

Trying not to get pint # 3 out of the fridge but save it for tomorrow night.. warmest wishes to all you lovely ladies and I wish for you :heart: :heart: :heart:

M E N . . . I N . . . K I L T S ! ! !

:laugh:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Irish Americans wear kilts? It's only Scots in the UK. A Scottish wedding had many a fine calf and whirling sporran :)

Planned drinks yesterday - nothing.

Actually drinks yesterday - half a bottle of red :blushing:

Well, it cured my insomnia and digestive problems in one fell swoop :)

Rugby 6 Nations finals this weekend with Welsh former rugby-playing boyfriend this weekend. Could get messy!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
    Thursday 0
    Friday - well I need to put half a cup of wine in my veal tonight. I am going to buy one of those little tiny bottles of wine and I will probably drink the rest. but this is a huge step for me since I usually drink the whole regular size bottle when I make this. . I will try to get DH to drink some of the wine so maybe I will only end up with a very small glass.

I am going to try to avoid it this weekend too. I am on a roll and I don't want to lose my momentum. I have lost about 3 pounds so far but it was all water weight and stuff from the past few weeks. I am still not down to my ticker weight but I think I will get there by next week if I keep up what I am doing.

MY mantra - bikini, bikini, St Thomas, bikini bikini!:glasses:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Ok weekends almost here, 5 oclock today I plan on having my first beer of the week and my second. Tomorrow will be tough going out with the girls, I've accounted for 1 beer, wish be luck with that and Sunday, bridal shower...I always need wine for those but I got lots of calorie put away for that...plus I am going to the gym both days....this is like a full time job LOL!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
    Thursday 0
    Friday - well I need to put half a cup of wine in my veal tonight. I am going to buy one of those little tiny bottles of wine and I will probably drink the rest. but this is a huge step for me since I usually drink the whole regular size bottle when I make this. . I will try to get DH to drink some of the wine so maybe I will only end up with a very small glass.

I am going to try to avoid it this weekend too. I am on a roll and I don't want to lose my momentum. I have lost about 3 pounds so far but it was all water weight and stuff from the past few weeks. I am still not down to my ticker weight but I think I will get there by next week if I keep up what I am doing.

MY mantra - bikini, bikini, St Thomas, bikini bikini!:glasses:

You are doing awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=1 (s.f. red bull and cherry vodka)
    Wednesday=2 glasses of wine
    Thursday=1 s.f. red bull and cherry vodka

So, based on last week...I'm only 1 drink up on my Tuesday total...

My goal for tonight and the weekend is 0, because I'M LEAVING FOR VEGAS ON MONDAY! (Sorry, I'm a bit excited!) I don't want to kill my liver before I get there. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    My goal for tonight and the weekend is 0, because I'M LEAVING FOR VEGAS ON MONDAY! (Sorry, I'm a bit excited!) I don't want to kill my liver before I get there. :drinker:

Awesome, have a great time. I'm heading there in May and that is my motivation for weight loss :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Amy, have a great time in Vegas! I love Vegas. What are you doing? Where are you staying?
    I had 3 Smithwick's last night, and fish n chips. I went over, but not too bad, since I ran 4.5 miles.
    What's everyone else doing this weekend? I think we will see a movie tonight, going to check out the Art Museum tomorrow.
    Have fun, Lushies!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am way behind in reading posts....

We had a really good time yesterday. If I had to guess, 1 bottle of wine, 3 lemon drop shots and 1 beer = 9 drinks...so, I am feeling way, way squeamish this morning. Ugh, I promised to go to the roller rink with the kids today. I might bag on that and drop them off. Really squeamish!

Sunday thru Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 3 margs
    Thursday, 9 drinks
    Friday, Flannigan's Wake, some Irish humor...should be fun...will try to keep the drinks at a minimum
    Sat & Sun, 0 drinks

Amy, have fun in Vegas
    Robin, way to stay focused
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've discovered that I like the feeling of waking up without feeling like dog poop:sick:

The kids are all full of energy. I love,:heart: love, :heart: love :heart: school teachers....