Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Kim, scary about the needle stick, I have one of those tests on my "treatment plan" script which of course I am putting off until I 'quit drinking' baaahaaa :laugh: :laugh: That's one test that will never be done.

The good news is that our livers regenerate 1 cell every 10,000 days if I remember correctly from A&P. The key would be not to burn them out faster than that.:flowerforyou:

Glad to hear the renovations are moving forward even tho you have to suffer thur the miserable living conditions:grumble:

I think it was blondie something or another ??? that you thinking of...IDK:huh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I don't want to say anything yet because the day isn't over but I think I will have a 0 for Monday. I worked out and ate very well today.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Did I not post my last post bah! Anywho my next interview is tomorrow morn at 9AM (just now got a call, and put on my sober voice lol) should be recovered by then :laugh:

You can do this Robin, I know you can. Imagine the scales at an amazing loss next weigh in. Sending motivational vibes your way. :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, you can do it. If I could avoid taco night, I think you can make it thru the night too. Like Faith said, just think of the scale moving down and the weekend is only 4 days away and you can INDULGE without guilt because the week was GOOD. Well, that is, unless you are Irish. Then the weekend comes a day earier:bigsmile:

I just bought tickets for an Irish comedy play on Saturday...we will definitely be pub crawling thru St. Paul on Friday.

I have a hangover just thinking about it:sick: :frown: :ohwell:

Faith, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall listening to the SOBER voice:laugh: :sad:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I know right, I sounded a bit too enthusiastic I think hahahha. Way over cals tonight. 2 bottles of wine will do that though. :blushing: Ah well back on the wagon tomorrow. :grumble:
  • rjadams
    Options
    So I did it. yay! I am Irish but I will not be partaking on St. Patty;s Day. I really want to get thru a whole week. 7 full days and then some. I am planning on cooking with wine on Friday but I am not going to drink the rest (the utlimate challenge for me) I am honestly aiming for a two week kind of detox of clean eating and exersize. I know I can do this but I also know that if I cave you will all be there for me. :love:

Faith, good luck on the second interview!
    Kim the pub crawl and comedy show sounds fantastic.

To all my lushy friends Have a great Tuesday.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Great job on the interview Faith and excellent work for a Monday, Robin!

I managed to not drink last night, although a glass of wine sounded good.

Sunday=1
    Monday=0

The boy has taekwondo today, then soccer practice (I'm coaching) and hubs has a basketball game that he's coaching...somewhere in there we'll have dinner.
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow lush! I actually gave up all alcoholic beverages for the entire month of January and I will say that it was actually really great! I loved saving the money, no hangover, and I found that most things can be just as fun without alcohol.

Anyone else do an alcohol fast?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :drinker: WTG Faith!!! Congratulations on the next round of interviews!

So the boyfriend had a beer last night and I took a sip of his. (okay, two sips) :embarassed:

Monday 2 sips of Budlight.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I did a "Sober(ish) November" but that's about it...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have not gone any length of time without alcohol, but it might be worth trying. Maybe two weeks would be manageable.
    Last night I went to Earl's and it was Margarita Monday and they were really good margs, I had two, and they came in a pint glass.
    Later at dinner at home we opened a bomber of barley wine, it was interesting, but I didn't love it.
    Maybe just wine with dinner tonight, we'll see.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Friday = 2 Bud Selects
    Saturday = 3 Bud Selects; 1/2 shot Rumplemintz; 2 rootbeer barrells
    Sunday = 0
    Monday = 0

Hopefully no more drinks til Friday night, then we celebrate the boyfriend's birthday in Deadwood, Woo Hoo!! Then I'd LOVE to try an alcohol fast. Not sure if I can make it a month. Perhaps baby steps, 1 week, 2 weeks...and so on and so forth =).

Happy Tuesday all !!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    How much wine I have just depends on the week. Some weeks I won't have any until the weekend. Some weeks I'll have a few or more glasses during the week. Last night I had a few glasses because I needed calories haha and I just felt like it. I always make room for the wine on the weekend. I'm getting closer and closer to my body's happy weight range, even with all the wine =] haha
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow lushes! This week is going well so far. Only 1 or 2 drinks each evening, even over the weekend. I usually budget for 3 or 4, so I'm proud of myself for not consuming all I can. Let's hope I can keep doing so well this week!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I having a glass of wine tonight to celebrate having the rest of the week off work ;-)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Whatsup Lushes?

Managed to stay alcohol free and away from my taco night. Only 2 more nights until my lushiness rears it's ugly head. We're not Irish, but married on SPD kind of by accident. We actually wanted the 16th.

Robin, good job on day 1 on the sober train
    Yvonne, ahhh *drink*, a good way to celebrate being off
    Faith, keep us posted on the job front

hmmmm, who else did I miss? Oh, I have only been sober for long periods while pregnant. They are the reason I drink now.

Take care peeps....
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0

I am motivated. I really want to lose the 16 pounds that I gained back before my birthday trip to St. Thomas. I want to seriously rock the bikinis. Every time I think about giving in I pull out one of the 6 new bathing suits I bought when I was at my lowest last summer. I picture myself in them now and then I walk away from the alcohol. I have also done really good with adding DVD's after my dreadmill workout. I know I can do this.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Robin, you sound like a woman on a mission! I like the bikini idea... I found some on the Land's End website that I would wear...

Sunday=1
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=1 (s.f. red bull and cherry vodka)

^That^ was a reward for a hectic evening...It was waiting on the kitchen counter when I got home...my hubby knows me so well!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I HAD to finish off a bottle of red I started on Sunday on Monday. It was bloody awful too, but not so bad I could face chucking it down the sink! Trying to have a dry week as the weekend will be distinctly wet. It's the Rugby Six Nations finals, and my chef boyfriend (Welsh, ex Rugby player) has a rare weekend off work. Could get messy!

Monday = 1
    Tuesday=0
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Everybody's had a good week so far....well, according to my standards anyway, which are very high anyway:frown:

Sunday thru Tuesday, 0 drinks...the scale hasn't moved and is kind of frustrating, grrrrr....although, I do have to admit my puffiness has gone down; so, there's a sign.

Spring is in the air and can't wait for the blankets of snow to melt in MN. I am dying to get my bike out and ride it everywhere.

Anyway off to the Mall of America, taking the kids to the mirror maze and the amusement park...meanwhile, I might get a little shopping time in. :bigsmile:

Wednesday, 0 drinks