Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options

Replies

• elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    skinny margaritas please explain sound too good

I buy mine premixed...but, basically, some really good tequila, agave nectar and fresh lime juice...you can google a recipe on line...anyways, the whole bottle 25 oz is only 600 calories....

I actually have all the ingrediants...just easier to buy the bottle:blushing: I am a lazy lush:yawn:

Hmmm...just cruising thru here and thought I would post this again. I made this last night, and well....it was too good. I did add a little more splenda to it also. Worth a try if ya like those margaritas but hate all the calories in the mix.

Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, 3 cups
    Lemon Juice, 2 cups
    Lime Juice, 2 cups
    Water, 3 cups

If you like Margaritas, you gotta try it.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 2 bottles of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 0
    Sat - 0
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0

This sucks. I reckon Wednesday I'll have a bottle of wine or Thursday is going to be defs 2 bottles. Hurry up day off Friday! :sad:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    skinny margaritas please explain sound too good

I buy mine premixed...but, basically, some really good tequila, agave nectar and fresh lime juice...you can google a recipe on line...anyways, the whole bottle 25 oz is only 600 calories....

I actually have all the ingrediants...just easier to buy the bottle:blushing: I am a lazy lush:yawn:

Hmmm...just cruising thru here and thought I would post this again. I made this last night, and well....it was too good. I did add a little more splenda to it also. Worth a try if ya like those margaritas but hate all the calories in the mix.

Lemon Juice, 2 cups
    Lime Juice, 2 cups
    Water, 3 cups

Where's the tequila???
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I was very lushy last week, but had decided to let myself, so I'm not even going to try to count the glasses of wine. No drinks for me tonight and I'm going to be slightly more restrained this week.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was very lushy last week, but had decided to let myself, so I'm not even going to try to count the glasses of wine. No drinks for me tonight and I'm going to be slightly more restrained this week.
    [/quote

Yvonne, I know what you mean! Saturday was a bust, but calories were not too bad. But, today, well, well......I think one day too many. I'm with you, Yvonne; I'm going to try to get back to restrained a little bit more. I'm a thinkin' that I really have been "good" for 4 weeks, plus or minus a day or two. Maybe it was time to feel wicked and indulge. I didn't count any calories today...I don't think it was so bad though. Lol BUT, I am drinking beer now. Had a good time with some friends (past co-workers) today (we just meet for lunch now and then, birthdays and such).....didn't drink, but when I got home, oh, oh, oh a cold beer sounded so good! So I did. Ahhh! lol But I think I owe it to me this week to settle back down a bit. :happy: And, I've been doing well on the food choices (that never had been hard to do) so, as always for me, anyways, a little abstinence will play into the beginning of the week. Hope all has a good week!
  • nisijam5
    Options

Ditto that!!!

Sunday, 0 drinks

^I nearly forgot what that looks like.....

Tomorrow is weigh-in for contest...I hope I don't get bumped out do to my lushiness this week, I'd like to still be in the running for the $100....good news is I exercised over 360 minutes this week and burned nearly 3500 calories...which I think I drank over this course of the week:grumble:
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread! I just recently started counting calories and trying to do better. I've realized how many empty calories I drink at the end of a stressful day and it's just not worth it!
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I exercised like I drink beer, I would be the fittest person around.

That goes for me, too!
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Lots of budlight last night, and lots of pizza today. Ugghh! But we had fun, it was poker night! Throwing my brother a huge bday party this weekend so I plan to suck it up until then!
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love this! I have missed my wine!!! Glad I'm not the only one! :D
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Monday now = 1 bottle of wine cause work has brought me to the edge of sanity. I work for a telecommunications company and cop **** all day. Need I say more? :explode:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    no alcohol related goals this week. Just going to see what happens if I don't really think about it. I spent the weekend getting my home office cleaned up. (that is where my workout DVD's and weight equipment are kept.) So I hope to motivate myself back into some serious working out other than my hour on the dreadmill every day. I figure if I am lifting weights or hip hopping my abs then I won't be lifting a wine glass to my mouth!:wink:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Drank a little last night - 2 bud55's and 2 or 3 shots........feel like crap today. I think it's because I didn't sleep that great. I don't sleep well if I've been drinking, unless I don't have to get up for work the next day and can sleep in......me and drinking and work the next day don't work. Waaaah, I want to stay home today.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I did horribly this weekend! My two glasses of wine Friday turned into 4. It was just so enticing once the little one went to sleep. Luckily I had logged the 2 and had calories left over so I basically broke even on calories on Friday.

Saturday...no such luck.:embarassed:

I think I need to set actual goals for the weekend instead of giving myself a free pass...at least until I reach my first goal.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Drank a little last night - 2 bud55's and 2 or 3 shots........feel like crap today. I think it's because I didn't sleep that great. I don't sleep well if I've been drinking, unless I don't have to get up for work the next day and can sleep in......me and drinking and work the next day don't work. Waaaah, I want to stay home today.

I here ya!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Lemon Juice, 2 cups
    Lime Juice, 2 cups
    Water, 3 cups

Hi, I'm new here... Margaritas (real ones!) are my weakness.... but there isn't any alcohol in THAT recipe....!
    LOL....!

As for my drinking - I don't drink when I'm at home... (no fun alone!)... but definitely do when I go out.

So far, I've tried to make sure I do a lot of exercise during the day before I have a night out - and it has worked so far.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Friday I had two margs at happy hour, then a light beer. Then we went to dinner and I had a couple of micro-brews. It was 9:30 and I was drunk and I went home and went to sleep.
    Saturday we went out, I had two Smithwick's at dinner and went to a college hockey game and had three beers there.
    Sunday could have been a drink free day, I didn't have a marg at lunch because I wanted to do yoga later, which I did, but then I was in a bad mood for no apparent reason, I had micro-brew, then started drinking tequila with lime and orange juice...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I was VERY lushy this weekend. :drinker: We went bowling on Friday night (many drinks and shots) and then to an awards dinner downtown and we ended up closing down the hotel bar...many drinks and shots.

I think I'm going to try and detox a bit this week, but we'll see how it goes. :tongue:

So...
    Sunday=0 drinks
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My weight was up this week 2 1/2 lbs and I am out of my contest:cry: I will officially weigh in when I get home from work; but, it doesn't look good. :frown:

I took care of a patient that was in for chest pain and had dark brown urine and only 200 ccs out during my shift. He was trying to tell me that he was vomiting the prior day....but, labs didn't show dehydration...super high lipase lab indicates pancreatities probably induced from drinking...you would think I would learn my lesson. Nope, I don't.

This weeks mantra: Liquor is bad, liquor is the devil

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drings, working from 3 to 11

Goal: IDK, just want to drop these 2 f'ing pounds plus more
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I figure if I am lifting weights or hip hopping my abs then I won't be lifting a wine glass to my mouth!:wink:

Umm I managed to do yoga once with a glass of wine in my hand :blushing: It was certainly an incentive to stretch and reach out for the glass.