Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options

Replies

• sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I'm glad this group exists:) I am having a hard time giving up wine, and it's really having an effect on my weight loss. It helps me to read your posts! Thanks!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    This weeks mantra: Liquor is bad, liquor is the devil

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks,
    Tuesday, 4 drinks
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

Modified mantra: Liquor is bad, but tastes delicious

Anyway, went to Zumba and burn 531 calories and then out to dinner with hubs to sports bar, 2 large Sam Adams consumed:love:
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ha! nice one!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Awwww Pam that weight gain sucks! I would kick it for you if I could. Oh wait, then I'd be kicking you so scrap that! :flowerforyou: Hope you have a loss this week. Massive congrats on the smoking though that is so hard to do. Are you eating more with no smokes? Ugh I admire you, I don't think I could ever give them up. :blushing:

Welcome Marci :smile:

I love your new mantra Kim :laugh:

Mon - 1 bottle of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 1 bottle of wine

Yeh week is looking FAB- U - LOUS :drinker: I'm staying under the cals though with drinking so take that scales :tongue:
  • faithikins
    Options
    I've gone over a bottle shhhhh I'm logging it on tomorrow's! :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    The new mantra says it all. I love it.

I haven't really been exersizing this week. I am trying to shake things up. I am eating well and then I have a few ounces of vodka at the end of the day so I am not going way over on calories. I need to get my exersize mojo back so if any one has seen it could you please tell it to come back to me because I really miss it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The new mantra says it all. I love it.

I haven't really been exersizing this week. I am trying to shake things up. I am eating well and then I have a few ounces of vodka at the end of the day so I am not going way over on calories. I need to get my exersize mojo back so if any one has seen it could you please tell it to come back to me because I really miss it.

Robin, I still have the 360 move it challenge if you want to join that - or - start a thread that is more tailored to you and your exercise goals...anyway, I worked the double on Monday and went to class on Tuesday because I report there everyday whether I $uck butt that week or not. I know that you were on there before.

Oh, I think that doing the weight lifting is going to boost metabolism and burn more calories than your beloved dreadmill

Faith, your hysterical!!!

Anyway, here's the link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182460--move-it-challenge-360-minutes-for-each-week-in-march?page=5#posts-2507871
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've really messed up this week. I thought I had it under control, drink a few Sunday evening during my "quiet" time, then behave the rest of the week. Well, after my husband wrecked his truck on his way to work Monday night, I had way more than a few. Just thinking about the fact that we now will have to pay a deductible, he was missing a night of work and we are praying the truck isn't totaled since we only bought it a few months ago, we were both stressed. We just sort of started drinking, and laughing at our rotten luck and I truly don't remember how many I had. So, no drinking last night, but by the time we did all the running around and dealing with the insurance company, rental agent, etc,. I didn't feel like cooking. So, it was pizza for dinner and no gym.
    I am determined to get back on track tonight. No alcolhol until at least the weekend and hitting the gym - no excuses.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I got SCREWED out of a department chair position yesterday, so after a nice meal of meatloaf and brussels sprouts, I proceeded to drink 2 HUGE cherry vodka redbulls and 2 HUGE glasses of pinot grigot. :drinker: Oops!

Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=4 HUGE drinks

I'm back on today...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Amy & TerriC, both very good reasons to throw some back....

What was my excuse? ummm, thirsty
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Where has this thread been all of my (myfitnesspall)life???? I enjoy drinking and lost most of my 45 pounds while doing it more than regularly. I'm not quite sure how, and its not that I would recommend it, but it worked for me! Maybe its those sturdy German/Irish Wisconsin genes I got running through me! haha Thanks for the thread and I'll be reading along, probably with a beer in my hand! :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had worked out and budgeted for some beers last night, well, I had four corona lights and then out came the wheat thins and cream cheese with pepper jelly. yum.
    Tonight, nice dinner, another "restaurant week" selection. So three course with dessert and likely a glass of wine.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you Amy and Faith.....drinking and smoking, well, I can give one up! Of course, I noticed at the beginning it was tough, but the habit was always 1 cig with 1 drink. Now, none!
    Last night was shrimp and veggies. Okie dokie, doing good. 1/2 lb. off this morning weigh in.
    Monkey boy, I love that! I find alcohol can be a very lean drink at times! LOL :drinker:
    Keep marching forward all! Only a couple days til the weekend!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Dang it!

Monday= 0
    Tuesday= a Triple Shot Bahama Momma Daiqurie and a 24oz Budlight. *smacks forehead*

Back on track today! :smile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I got SCREWED out of a department chair position yesterday, so after a nice meal of meatloaf and brussels sprouts, I proceeded to drink 2 HUGE cherry vodka redbulls and 2 HUGE glasses of pinot grigot. :drinker: Oops!

Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=4 HUGE drinks

I'm back on today...

Sorry about work :flowerforyou:

You've got this!!! :smile:
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thank heaven for lushes like me. I hate drinking alone.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Can I join you lot? Y'all sound like just my sorta group!

Right before starting our diet, the hubby and I drank through all our belgian and fancy beer stock -- not in all night, but ya know what I mean. There's no way I was going to let that stuff go to waste.

I'm doing a diet which restricts alcohol to spirits and wine after the first phase (South Beach). I've got a big glass of red marked down on the calendar for this Friday. :devil:
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    After last Friday night's 800 calories of wine fiasco, I'm already bracing myself for a new weekend - LOL - may have to stock up on select 55 - not a fan of the beer-water, but a couple of friends may be coming over this weekend, and I will likely drink more in quantity than quality...
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Seriously all those that like red wine. There are articles about how Red wine breaks down fat... It is actually helpful in weight loss... but in moderation. I switched to red wine because of the health benefits of it, but even more glad now that I red these articles!
  • faithikins
    Options
    I am hungover :sick: but I lost 2.3 kg this week mwhahahahaha! That's 5.1 pounds in other country speak. Yeeehaaaaa! brb :sick: