Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    sisterlilbunny-- Why are you watching the sodium? (Sorry, I'm NEW & trying to figure the weight loss secrets!) :)

My guess is bloating and water rentention.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    sisterlilbunny-- Why are you watching the sodium? (Sorry, I'm NEW & trying to figure the weight loss secrets!) :)

Sodium and water are attached to each other like magnets...so, if your diet is high in sodium, you will hold water because they like to be equal...diets high in sodium also lead to high blood pressure...high blood pressure is the silent killer...I won't go on

The Lushy Resident Nurse
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Its thursday and I am in major anticipation for the weekend. I have all my workouts planned and booze and food calories accounted for.
    I had a great weekend last weekend with planning and moderation so I'm hoping to have another good one. I even lost over the weekend which, for me, is unheard of!!!! Usually it goes the other way and all my hard work during the week is destroyed. There really is something to be said for counting calories in and out regardless of what they are.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Wednesday=0 no drinks! that's two nights this week.
    I thought about making a drink after dinner because I had enough calories but I made coco instead, which is really the same cals as a beer but we all know one beer is just enough to piss me off:tongue:
    tonight I am going to a bodypump class at 24h fitness so I am likely to stay off the sauce tonight as well, unless I go to a hockey game, then, I have to drink.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Sodium and water are attached to each other like magnets...so, if your diet is high in sodium, you will hold water because they like to be equal...diets high in sodium also lead to high blood pressure...high blood pressure is the silent killer...I won't go on

The Lushy Resident Nurse

Mom died due to her blood pressure at the age of 59. You bet your hiney I'm not following that path. :D
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Tough day at work. I'm still working at home - but with a charming red in my hand. My boyfriend kindly polished off the foul bottle I'd opened on Wednesday for a sauce as it was his day off today, leaving me with something far more palatable. Cheers! Now I'm far more inspired to dispense my wisdom on transformational UAV technologies!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes .... 3 days no drinks .... I'm shooting for an entire week and so far so good!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Today is one of those work days that makes me want to drink. :grumble: :sad:

But I held off temptation last night (even though boyfriend opened yet another bottle of wine. :angry: ) and noticed some of my bloating up like a blowfish went down. :tongue: So I am going to try to hold off again tonight and maybe even tomorrow. (all bets are off on Saturday) :blushing:

Monday--wine
    Tuesday--wine
    Wednesday--nada
    Thursday--nada hopefully

How are the rest of you lushes doing?? And welcome new lushes!! :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Hey Lushes .... 3 days no drinks .... I'm shooting for an entire week and so far so good!

Woo hoo! :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Good going, you can do it :smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Oy.

Vegas was awesome! :smile:

Red Bull is not my friend. :laugh:

Missed my lushes. :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I decided to do a random weigh in this morning, pleased not to have gained as I am so bloated at the moment.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Oy.

Vegas was awesome! :smile:

Red Bull is not my friend. :laugh:

Missed my lushes. :drinker:

Missed you!! Glad you enjoyed your trip! :flowerforyou:

Redbull tastes like a liquid sweetart to me. :frown: (my jaw just puckered up thinking about it :laugh: )
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I like this one!! I haven't had any alcohol in over a month because of the sugar in most of it. I'm going out with friends this Saturday night though and plan on enjoying myself! What are the better cocktail/drink choices ordered from bars for someone that tends towards sweet things? I usually get wine or a margarita. so sweet!! I was thinking I would lean towards diet coke and rum. What do you think?
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Amy!! Welcome to newbies :flowerforyou:

Mon - 0
    Tues - 2 bottles of wine
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri will be 2 bottles as it's my last day at my current job, buh bye suckkkeerrsss :drinker: :laugh: mwhahahaha then 2 days to recover and get my brain in tip top shape for the new job Monday. :smokin:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    w00t on the new job! ::does happy dance::

So, I thought i wouldn't want to drink after the 3-day bender I was on...but I lied. I'm enjoying a red bull and cherry vodka right.now. :drinker:

I love red bull...I swear...it's my achilles heel! I just got soooooo dehydrated in Vegas, but I've been pounding water and peeing clear. (Sorry, TMI) and now I don't want to punch red bull in the face.

I'm in the process of trying to make about 5 work-weeks' worth of frozen meals (hubby and I both coach track at our middle school and track season is just around the corner) so we don't eat like crap during the season. So, I powered out 3 meals and enjoyed some liquid motivation while I was at it.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    welcome back Amy
    Kim you are right it s*cks
    sorry you are bloated Yvonne
    Faith enjoy your celebrating and good luck on the new job.
    Welcome newbies!

I splurged and bought a bottle of Goose this afternoon. I found some extra fundage so I thought I deserved it. I will try to moderate how much of it I drink.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    the goose and i are well acquainted. give him my regards and let him know i'll see him on saturday. :wink:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so joining this. I'm personally a beer gal. I've taken to only drink on Fri/Sat nights (literally, no more during the day at family things) so that has made a ton of difference. Heh I've been known to drink my calories too. I've been really watching my sodium so I really have to watch how many I have anymore.

Currently about 4 beers in. I watch my sodium for family health reasons. I watch processed sugar as well. Drinking calories is definitely much easier when you're shooting for 2'050 and got a late start to the day =| may still have a protein shake.