Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim! I was amazingly productive yesterday...I couldn't get to sleep without the help of some Xanax because of all the red bull I had, but I got a TON done!!

I'm heading to my parents' house for dinner, to get my hair highlighted, and to leave the kids with them...they are so excited for some time with the grandparents (both mine and hubby's.)

I'll be on before I leave. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Oh, and Yvonne, that's why I never read stuff about alcohol!! :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Oh, and Yvonne, that's why I never read stuff about alcohol!! :drinker:

very wise
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm a'doing some skinny margs. I was just a'dreadin' it. But I got to tell you, they make you alot more <buzzed> than beers. I knew this.....I experimented. If tequila is blended w/ fresh strawberries, ya got a chance. Mixed with Crystal Light Lemonade, Individual....well not so much - not as filling as strawberries. BUT IT IS A HECK OF A BUZZ! I think I like it! Now, I must not slurp them down so fast. LOL! (I didn't drink last night, Thurs., .....)
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've just read a really depressing article saying that if you want to lose body fat you will need to give up alcohol, so I'm having to have a glass of wine to cheer me up :drinker: :laugh:

That'll teach me to read things like that, I far prefer articles that tell you about the positive benefits provided you enjoy in moderation!
    I don't care what they say Yvonne! : ) I'm not so sure of that. :happy: :drinker: I think giving up fats might be key; depends which ones. Hmmmmm.
  • Hfucinari
    Hfucinari Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great thread. My issue exactly. I haven't had issues controlling my food intake, but the wine is really inhibiting my weight loss. I notice I have some imporement during the week, then the weekend hits and I gain. Too hard to give up the wine though. Any advice on lower cal Red wines? I know Vodka is prob best, but I love my wine!

5303961.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all afternoon these posts - in fact I am celebrating you all right now with a martini....Bombay Saphire 2 olives..................(afterall, I am trying to lose some weight!

I too do better housework and am fairly productive a little imbibed and I am going to prove once and for all that a woman of a "certain age" can have a drink and control her weight !:tongue:

Be safe and smart - Cheers!
  • kmanfredo1212
    Options
    I LOVE my merlot....and mixed drinks on the weekend! If I could totally give up drinking I would probably be pretty skinny!!!!! I have definintely cut down. I try and stay far away from sweet drinks....mostly wine or vodka and tonic for me!!! I'm looking for some skinny cocktail recipes!!! Cheers!!!:drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you don't have to stop drinkiing to be skinny!!!! Or rather, in shape! I am 25 years old, I love my wine, I love my beer. I get as close to my NET goal as possible. I weighed in about 2 weeks ago, when I started this site, at 120-121, I weighed in at the beginning of this week at 117.8. I reckon I drink more than a few bottles a week. I'm still losing weight and still enjoying my booze! =]
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you don't have to stop drinkiing to be skinny!!!! Or rather, in shape! I am 25 years old, I love my wine, I love my beer. I get as close to my NET goal as possible. I weighed in about 2 weeks ago, when I started this site, at 120-121, I weighed in at the beginning of this week at 117.8. I reckon I drink more than a few bottles a week. I'm still losing weight and still enjoying my booze! =]
    how nice to be so young and to be so small. wait until you are older, it gets more difficult.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    how nice to be so young and to be so small. wait until you are older, it gets more difficult.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. I've been healthy my entire life. My grandparents raised me, we had a huge garden, we ate fresh fruits and veggies. My mom didn't raise me because she chose booze and drugs over me. For the longest time I was completely against drinking without even knowing what it was like. My now, still current boyfriend introduced me to drinking. Problem is, alcoholism runs in my family. My mom still suffers, my dad was/still an alcoholic as far as I know. I haven't seen him since I was 5 because he doesn't care about me. I have struggled with drinking, and still struggle with it. I'm fully aware that my metabolism will slow down and things will change. Difference is, I already know what to do to counter act it. I've helped my mom to lose weight and when it comes time for me to lose the baby weight, I'll do it.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    ....hick....g'night....sleep in peace :)
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    hurro ladies, I haven't checked in for a bit. Had a big bender on Sat night. Lost count of drinks. I wanted to die on Sunday and ate a whole pizza. I really need to get back on track. I have barely exercised in two weeks. :sad: and I have no one to blame but me.

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0

I have two 'weekends' this week as having a bit of a break before I start the new job next week, so we shall see how it pans out.

Robin - wow, you are doing AWESOME. Keep up the fabulous work.
    Amy - I hope you have an amazing trip!
    Hope the rest of you have a great week :flowerforyou:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Despite (or because?) of a weekend sitting on the sofa watch both England and Wales be rotten at Rugby, downing half a bottle of wine and a pizza both days, I seem to have lost three pounds. Go figure.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend! Managed to loss over the weekend which NEVER happens. I never tracked my calories over the weekend and boy has it hurt me, this weekend though I tracked everything and held myself accountable. Had a cheat night saturday, but was only 600 over my net...not too bad :) I have a feeling this is going to be another good week!! I'm going to try and avoid alcohol until atleast thursday!
    Happy Monday Everyone!
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Just thought I'd post I found a new *fav* drink... Ciroc Berry Vodka & Diet Cherry 7-UP. I word... "YUM!" Think it came out to like 69 calories... :)
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Had a great weekend! Managed to loss over the weekend which NEVER happens. I never tracked my calories over the weekend and boy has it hurt me, this weekend though I tracked everything and held myself accountable. Had a cheat night saturday, but was only 600 over my net...not too bad :) I have a feeling this is going to be another good week!! I'm going to try and avoid alcohol until atleast thursday!
    Happy Monday Everyone!

kblue - I'm with ya! I think I ended up being 600 over Sat night too :( Depressing when you start entering all those drinks. Hurt me this week because we went to an afternoon sporting event AND went out to watch UFC Sat night. All those drinks really added up. Gonna start the Zumba for the wii tonight! :)
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Despite (or because?) of a weekend sitting on the sofa watch both England and Wales be rotten at Rugby, downing half a bottle of wine and a pizza both days, I seem to have lost three pounds. Go figure.

Pizza/Wine/Rugby... AND losing 3lbs?! OMG, sign me up to that diet plan!! :drinker:
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    I LOVE my merlot....and mixed drinks on the weekend! If I could totally give up drinking I would probably be pretty skinny!!!!! I have definintely cut down. I try and stay far away from sweet drinks....mostly wine or vodka and tonic for me!!! I'm looking for some skinny cocktail recipes!!! Cheers!!!:drinker:

I just posted a new drink - Ciroc Berry Vodka w/ Diet Cherry 7-Up - delicious!! If I want a darker liquor, Captain/Diet Dr.Pepper!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!

kblue - I'm with ya! I think I ended up being 600 over Sat night too :( Depressing when you start entering all those drinks. Hurt me this week because we went to an afternoon sporting event AND went out to watch UFC Sat night. All those drinks really added up. Gonna start the Zumba for the wii tonight! :)

Depressing is right! I started to get miserable saturday night because I didn't have enough calories for another beer....but had some wine and figured, ahhh a few extra ounces can't hurt. I've read a cheat day or night isn't always bad for the body, shakes things up a bit! I was so proud of myself that I didn't go overboard, especially since I was out to eat with the girls saturday afternoon and had a bridal shower sunday :)
    Good luck with the Zumba, I hear its a great workout....for the coodinated folk, which is a group I don't belong too, HAHA!!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello my darling Lushes! I had a great weekend and kept the drinking to a minimum - for me anyway. I did splurge on margs. on Saturday, they were yummy. I don't think they were yummy enough for the calories though. I'll stick to my rum & diet from now on. I'm going to work hard to keep to a 2 drink minimum each night this week. I hope you all had a great weekend and will have a super week!