Options

Replies

• Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Bump
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    OMG!!! Why did I not see this thread yesterday!!! >>>hugs<<<< to my fellow lushes. I am home!!

St. Patty's day was a nightmare. It started off really well with a glass of Cabernet but it ended with 4 green leprechauns.... Hard to say no to the girls......sigh
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Well, school teachers love, love, love parents that love us! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Amy, we're staying at the Hilton Grand...it's on the same side of the strip as MGM, but on the other end. We got a good deal on 2 nights but we have to listen to a 1.5 hour "buy a timeshare" deal...but we don't have the money, so it won't be hard to say no. :laugh:
    My neighbor (single mom...first time away from her son for other than an overnight in 7 years) is going, but she's leaving Sunday and staying at the Palms. I think we'll hit a club or 2 Monday night, and then just people watch, gamble, eat, and drink the rest of the time. I'd like to see "O" but they're blacked out on Monday and Tuesday--we get back on Wednesday. It *was* supposed to be nice while we were there, but now they're calling for 58, 63, and 69...not pool weather, for sure!

Um, yeah, that's all I got!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo much wine last night but I always plan my drinks so I was actually under my calorie goal =] Probably have some wine tonight for date night. UFC tomorrow with friends usually means lots of beer.

Still losing weight though!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo much wine last night but I always plan my drinks so I was actually under my calorie goal =] Probably have some wine tonight for date night. UFC tomorrow with friends usually means lots of beer.

How are you under calories? Do you work out a ton??!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Amy have fun in Vegas.
    Kim sounds like you had fun last night, sorry you are hurtin from it.

Welcome newbies, the more the lushier!
  • Kat120285
    Options

I work out twice a day 6 days a week and sometimes throw in a work out on the 7th day as well. I usually earn around 600 extra calories each day from the exercise. I don't try to stay under my goal, I try to reach it but sometimes, like last night, I was 15 under.
  • elizabeth9474
    Options

Same here! How do I balance calories/Beer/UFC...?! Ugggh
  • Kat120285
    Options

Same here! How do I balance calories/Beer/UFC...?! Ugggh

Before joining this site, I would count the first couple of beers and some what track calories and then just not care. Now because I know I need to put it all in here and not go over, it's a lot easier. I usually make sure I leave about 1000 calories when I know I'm either going out to dinner or having people over for UFC or what have you. Seems to be a good amount for me to have a good meal and plenty of drinks haha. Then once I'm at my goal calories for the day, I stop.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, school teachers love, love, love parents that love us! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Amy, we're staying at the Hilton Grand...it's on the same side of the strip as MGM, but on the other end. We got a good deal on 2 nights but we have to listen to a 1.5 hour "buy a timeshare" deal...but we don't have the money, so it won't be hard to say no. :laugh:
    My neighbor (single mom...first time away from her son for other than an overnight in 7 years) is going, but she's leaving Sunday and staying at the Palms. I think we'll hit a club or 2 Monday night, and then just people watch, gamble, eat, and drink the rest of the time. I'd like to see "O" but they're blacked out on Monday and Tuesday--we get back on Wednesday. It *was* supposed to be nice while we were there, but now they're calling for 58, 63, and 69...not pool weather, for sure!

Um, yeah, that's all I got!
    Cool, I signed up for the timeshare sale for a free stay but then my husband wouldn't do it, he really hates that stuff that much. But let me know if you go to any great clubs, planning a bachelorette for July for a friend and I think it will be Vegas!
    I saw O, it was great but I think Love will always be my favorite. I saw Ka too, and it tells more of a story, I just loved the music and craziness of Love.
  • kblue2007
    Options

I work out twice a day 6 days a week and sometimes throw in a work out on the 7th day as well. I usually earn around 600 extra calories each day from the exercise. I don't try to stay under my goal, I try to reach it but sometimes, like last night, I was 15 under.

I do to, but my cardio is usually around 300 plus weights and the other workouts are yoga and they don't burn too much...hmmmm I gotta figure something out because its friday and gorgeous out and I want several beers.....only have 1 1/2 accounted for. They are high ABV beers, so the more alcohol the more calories...hopefully I won't need to many :)
    Cheers everyone, enjoy your weekend!!
  • Kat120285
    Options

I do to, but my cardio is usually around 300 plus weights and the other workouts are yoga and they don't burn too much...hmmmm I gotta figure something out because its friday and gorgeous out and I want several beers.....only have 1 1/2 accounted for. They are high ABV beers, so the more alcohol the more calories...hopefully I won't need to many :)

On weight days my cardio is usually around 330 for 30 minutes. Weights is around 287 for 40-45 minutes because it's not just weights, it's also push ups and pull ups because I'm on a round of P90X Plus. I usually save around 1000 cals for dinner and drinks. Usually works for a good meal and a couple bottles of wine or many beers haha.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I would really like to see Ka...we saw Love 2 summer ago and loved it!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options

On weight days my cardio is usually around 330 for 30 minutes. Weights is around 287 for 40-45 minutes because it's not just weights, it's also push ups and pull ups because I'm on a round of P90X Plus. I usually save around 1000 cals for dinner and drinks. Usually works for a good meal and a couple bottles of wine or many beers haha.

Brilliant!! P90X is a beast of a workout!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options

Brilliant!! P90X is a beast of a workout!!!

It certainly is and it never gets old. After this round I'm tackling a round of Insanity. I already miss Tony and my weights haha, it'll be a nice change though. I'm really looking forward to then doing a hybrid though. Pretty sure that's going to be earning me some serious booze calories haha.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I called the box office and changed the day of the play to Sunday...Ya, it's that bad...I don't think I can fathom going downtown at 9:30 for a show...I will be dead by then
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all

My name is Janie and I love a glass of wine or bottle of beer in the evening - can I join you???

I am actually sort of a "lush wanna be" because I usually can't fit in enough time to actually get more than just relaxed, but I definitely save calories for this at the end of the day.

Thanks, Jane

:drinker: :drinker:
  • Lizzgeorge77
    Lizzgeorge77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OK so it has been over a week since my last serving of alcohol - and for the first time today I am REALLY craving a nice glass of wine!!! I'm going to dinner with the girls so it will be hard to resist. But I gave it up for Lent and so *can't* cheat. I really feel like my muscle building and weight loss is on a roll though. And this may be TMI but since quitting the booze cold turkey I've been sleeping better (always thought I was before but now I'm like a rock!) and my bowel movements have been like clockwork and much more...well healthier. :)

But the weather is getting nice and I'd so love a cocktail. :(
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I would really like to see Ka...we saw Love 2 summer ago and loved it!!!
    Is Ka dark while you are there too? I went with a girl who is friends with an acrobat in Ka and we got to go behind the scenes so that was really neat.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Dark! I knew "black out" wasn't right...geez, my husband's a drama nerd, you would think I would remember that term... Anyway, I'm not sure if Ka is dark or not--I'll have to check. I bet going backstage was a.maz.ing!